Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KennyL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider helicopter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

Before buying any machine, make sure it is one you are truly interested in and ideally have played before. Don't buy your first machine just because it is close and the price is within your budget. Pinball machines are everywhere but may require just a little bit of patience to find what you're looking for. I suggest going to the Louisville Expo this weekend to play everything you can and maybe even purchase a machine there. However, you need to do some research, even a quick post on pinside, to do price checks. There are some sellers there that have higher prices that run retail businesses and have overhead to cover which is fine but your situation sounds like you'd prefer to pay less and do your own work and maintenance. There will be some fair prices there as well from individuals and hobbyists.

John Wart is very close to you in Columbus and can fix any of your pcb issues at a very reasonable price. He can also help with any restoration you may be looking at.

I personally don't think a non-working scorpion with bad back glass is worth $350 and I would doubt that anyone bids on it. I think it's worth about $200 from what I see. Even working, it's probably a $400-$500 machine. Here's the ebay link for the Scorpion...
ebay.com link: Williams Scorpion Pinball Machine Project

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider helicopter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introduction-thread-1?tu=helicopter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.