20211022_190437 (resized).jpg
20211022_191554 (resized).jpg
app (resized).jpg
wpc premium board only (resized).jpg
Premium Board Highlights (resized).jpg
WPC board only (resized).jpg
wpc-standard313 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_123956828 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Awesome. Been waiting for someone to do this. I will take 2, shadow and stern pirates

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Well as some of you may have seen already, Pinsound is announcing their own shaker motor kit that connects to their Pinsound board. Congrats to them on what looks like a neat kit.
We will continue to drive on with the development of our kits and will continue to find innovative ways to improve them. We are finishing up all our testing and will be launching the kits as soon as possible.
I think competition is a good thing, and that both kits will be great additions for the community.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

I don't have pinsound stuff so does not affect me at all. I purchased a pinsound kit one time and ended up selling it. Did not care for it.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sorry if this has been asked already. But some shakers I’ve experienced are too violent like a jackhammer is turned on inside the cabinet. Is this shaker more in line with a typical Stern shaker?
I’m looking at PotC

LOL, yes, I bought the one from Cointaker a few years back and my wife made me disable it. Would shake the dang house.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Hi guys, just wanted to chime in here is saying that I've been working with Robert as a beta tester for the Shaker motor. I just installed it last night on my no good Gofers and it is awesome!
Installation was really easy, and his step by step instructions were very clear. The motor and everything associated with it is top-notch, thought out, and high quality. I really like the number of selections that you have to choose from that trigger the shaker. I also like how you can manually adjust how strong the motor shakes.
Robert was a pleasure to deal with and very interested in all of the feedback that I had to provide.
I think this one's going to be a big hit!

Awesome. I had already made my mind up on which to go with. Really looking forward to getting these.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hi Guys (and gals),
I have been a beta tester for one of the shaker kits for my Wh20. I am not being paid for the review and I paid for the kit so don't have any bias. I didn't include any pics, but they are all in the instructions on their site and in the video they've made.
The kit arrived very well packaged, all parts were present and everything was well marked.
First step was to install the power connection to the game. This will vary by game. For wh2o, I unhooked the 9 pin connector between the power switch box and the transformer. You have to remove the white and black wires from the connector that comes out of the power switch box. I had issues getting the pins out and had to cut and repin the wires. You may have a different experience getting the pins out, but Pinshaker is working on a better plug and play connection so you just unplug the 9 pin connector and plug in his harness/splitter, will be much simpler. Note that connection points are different depending on the game, if you have a dollar bill adapter, it's plug and play. I called Pinshakers about the trouble removing the pins and they picked up quickly to help. The kit includes its own power supply so you are not pulling power from the game. The power supply connects to the 9 pin connector and includes the jumpers that were on the connector from the power switch box. Nothing complicated at all.
Next step was to install the shaker motor. My game has a board that the transformer is mounted too, leaving no room to mount directly to the bottom of the cabinet. No problem, the kit includes long screws to mount the shaker to the board. A mounting template is provided so you mark the holes and drill them out with a 1/4' bit. Hammer in the mounts on the bottom of the cabinet and install the shaker as you normally would.
Next step was to install the motor driver board and make the connection to the game's power drive board. The kit comes with two separate harness, one to control solenoids and one to control flashers, you can only use one of them at a time. I chose to use the flashers. My kit came with an incorrect solenoid harness as the headers for the solenoids were already being used, it's one of the few games where j128/129 are used...this is why there are beta testers. Pinshaker will address this issue with a Z connection. Didn't matter to me as I prefer to hook up to flashers for this game.
I mounted the motor driver board to the side of the cabinet with the supplied velcro and wood screws, attached the connector from the supplied harness and the power cable from the supplied power supply to the board. Unplugged J125 on the driver board, plugged in the other end of the supplied harness from the motor board and attached it to J125, The original connector for J125 gets plugged into the supplied Z connection. A ground cable is supplied with the harness, just attached it to any ground screw in the game. Really simple to do. Before I mounted the board, I set the dip switches to indicate when the shaker would turn on. You just push the dip switch to "on" to enable it. Pinshaker supplies a chart showing the solenoid and flasher settings. I set three dip switches so the shaker would turn on with the insanity falls flasher, big foot cave flasher and the whirlpool flasher.
Last step was to connect the shaker motor to the connector from the harness in the previous step. Just run the wire from the harness down into the cabinet and make the Molex connection.
Turned the game on, went into test mode for the flashers, cycled through and i could feel the shaker working when those three flashers were activated. The shaker motor board has a dial on it so you can change the intensity of the shaker. It felt good out of the box so I didn't adjust it.
Overall, this is an extremely nice product, 5 stars all the way around. It works nicely in the game and adds what I think is a missing dimension from these older games. It took me about an hour to install the shaker, I went slow and took my time since i was not familiar with it. When I install the next one for my shadow and possibly roadshow (missing shaker), i'd guess it will take no more than 30 minutes. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most difficult, install is a 2, it's that easy. The only tools you really need are a screwdriver, hammer for the shaker mounting hardware, a drill and 1/4" bit, everything else is supplied.
Hope this is helpful...great work Pinshakers! If anyone has any questions, PM or ask Pinshakers.

great review. can't wait to get mine.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

If you submitted a pre-order then you should have already received this message. If not then check your spam folder. For everyone else...
Greetings from Pinshakers!
We have been very busy lately getting ready for the launch of our Universal Shaker Motor Kits! Positive results are coming in from our Beta Testers and we are very excited to offer you such an awesome product.
Thanks to the productive feedback we have been receiving from our beta testers, as well as some of you, we have made a few major changes to the kits; all to serve your best interests. Here is a list of changes we have made so far since we made our initial announcement:
1. No more pin extracting! We have developed a quick and easy adapter for the 9pin transformer voltage connectors, much like the bill validator adapter, and it only takes 10 seconds to get up and running! We are in the process of updated our installation guides and videos to reflect this change.
2. Both wire harness "A" and "B" will now be included with your kit purchase at no additional cost!
3. Williams Sys 11 alpha testing is complete. We will start our beta testing program for this lineup and we have opened them up for pre-order. We are expecting to have the Sys 11 kits available by the end of August or early September.
If you have placed a pre-order already, do not worry. We will update your payment invoice to reflect the changes being made prior to sending it to you (no additional cost for both harnesses, no need for the .093 pin extractor etc.).
Speaking of invoices, our current plan is to send invoices out within 1 week of when the kits will be available. There will not be a due date on them, just want to give you the opportunity to have the payment complete that way as soon as the kits are assembled we can send them your way. You can of course still choose to wait until they are available as we initially promised. Kits will ship out based on when we received your order, not when we receive your payment. Not to worry though, there will be plenty of kits for everyone!
Thank you very much for all your support. We will continue to work hard to make these the best shaker motor kits on the market.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

Robert, did not get a email and checked spam.

1 week later
#111 4 years ago

just paid for my 2 kits for Shadow and POTC. really pumped for this. Shakers are my favorite mod.

#115 4 years ago

sweet. I think those 2 in the middle are mine.

#116 4 years ago

Got my 2 shakers today. Will post again once I get them installed, but everything looks great.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just finished installing the shaker in my Funhouse. This was the easiest shaker install I have done. All the parts you need are included. The instructions were also very clear and correct. The only thing I did wrong was to run the short power cord up the back box. The 6' power extension cord is already in the harness that goes from the back box down to the lower cabinet.
I set my shaker to go off with the Rudy flasher only. It works great. I like that you are able to adjust the intensity of the shaking.
Well thought out product. May have to put one in CV.

Will probably try to install one of mine tonight. I will say everything looks very professional and detailed. The instructions are fantastic with color print and lots of detail.

#128 4 years ago

Been busy this week but will get my 2 installed this weekend. Shadow and POTC. Can't wait.

Hey TWIPY pinball awards: mod of the year

#140 4 years ago

Sorry it took so long but been crazy busy. Got my shaker package a couple weeks ago for shadow and potc. Installed shadow tonight after dinner and it took about 30 minutes. There is no need for me to document anything or take pictures because his install instructions are VERY good and detailed and in color. Everything about his shaker package is top notch. I did the flasher install and tested and did the solenoid install and tested. I prefer to feed off the flashers. When multiball starts it is great. I have all my available flasher dip switches on at the moment and like it. Overall a huge thumbs up for pinshakers.

Will hopefully get potc installed this week and will report back about it soon. If anyone has any suggestions about what to trigger off of with potc let me know. I am assuming flashers on it as well.

2 months later
#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Just installed mine on the shadow. Love it! However, the directions are not crystal clear. There was a few times I had to just “figure it out”. The instructions should be more in-depth so someone at any skill level can put them together. It took me while to get everything hooked up and running. It was well worth it!

Yes, it is great in shadow. I have to disagree on the instructions. They are very well done and the process is super easy and fast once you get the shaker mounted. My first install took about 30 minutes and then installed another on potc and it only took about 20 minutes.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Being out of stock is a good thing, it means there is demand for your awesome product!

I knew this would be a hit. IMO, a shaker is one of the best upgrades.

1 month later
#207 4 years ago

amazing job! Best upgrade to come along in recent years. Congratulations.

1 year later
#265 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
Can you please PM me via Pinside the answer as well? I am interested in getting a shaker for my CCC.
Thanks!

go to www.pinballlife.com

3 years later
#307 69 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Was thinking about adding a shaker to my no fear and maybe a couple other games, you not getting a reply worries me a little. What's the concensus, this or the pinsound standalone unit?

You can buy them from Pinball Life

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.