20211022_190437 (resized).jpg
20211022_191554 (resized).jpg
app (resized).jpg
wpc premium board only (resized).jpg
Premium Board Highlights (resized).jpg
WPC board only (resized).jpg
wpc-standard313 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_123956828 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clellison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 4 years ago

Sort of off topic but I'm lacking imagination here. Would someone give me ideas just how well a shaker motor not invoked by code/mode would be successfully implemented? Let's use TAF or FH as the examples. Im old school, too much of a good thing is just that. I couldnt imagine tying into a circuit that is used most of the time and trying to find something that actually makes sense eludes me. Thanks.

4 weeks later
#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Robert. Question for you. On my Addams Gold, can I hook it up to shake when the magnets energize?

Answered in post #106

#132 4 years ago

Couple comments/idea.
On Funhouse, doesn't the board on the front left of the cabinet have a 12v tap? I understand taking stress off the driver board but to me if the power is there that's an ideal power tap and less mess.

Secondly, the one thing I wish I had done differently when I installed a shaker in my LOTR (pinballlife kit) was to put it in the middle of the cabinet instead of the front left. Physics ... duh. It stands to reason reverberation will occur more on the side/area it's mounted on. I think on most pins, there's likely room enough between the speaker and the cross brace. Add a couple wire loops to clean it up and BAM!

When funds free up definently will add one to my TAF AND FH. I think about the current machines with a shaker installed from factory and how they interact. Used tastefully and sparingly. Both very important. I think on TAF, the topper GI (used sparingly) bookcase motor (some what sparingly), train target (most people go for ramp so used sparingly). Thing is used quite a bit and honestly I think would get annoying real quick especially for the length of time it runs. Maybe the vault switch? Would love to hear others ideas on physical placement and incorporating.

1 week later
#153 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Thanks for the interest and the questions.
We are currently in the process of testing the shaker motor with magnets and other motors etc. We will update everyone with the results.
One thing to keep in mind, is that our program is designed with a fail safe mechanism. The program requires that a full "pulse" (on and then off) be completed prior to the motor running. With that being said, in the case of using a magnet as the trigger, one would have to understand that magnets sometimes come on and stay on for a few seconds while they hold the ball etc. So if that were to happen, the motor would simply wait until the magnet turns off before it began shaking.

Maybe a separate board that has no fail safe that taps into a splitter to the shaker motor?
But then again, I wonder just how well it would actually work in a scenario when the magnets engage and then invoking another item that also uses the shaker motor. Honestly, without this motor being controlled by code (no offense meant) the only thing I can see as a viable solution workaround for titles with magnets would be to run a second shaker specifically dedicated to the magnets. While not ideal I would certainly think it would work. Wiilling to be a tester if you need one for this title.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clellison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit?tu=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.