20211022_190437 (resized).jpg
20211022_191554 (resized).jpg
app (resized).jpg
wpc premium board only (resized).jpg
Premium Board Highlights (resized).jpg
WPC board only (resized).jpg
wpc-standard313 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_123956828 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Greetings,
So in an effort to come up with an easy solution to connect the power supply to the machine, we developed a mod that will convert the service outlet so that it will turn on/off with the pinball machine on/off switch. It is very easy to do, takes less than 15min, and costs less than $10 in parts. It is also plug n play, no soldering, de-soldering, wire crimping etc. required.
The examples below are for older WPC generation machines with the 9pin transformer voltage connector. It is even easier on newer WPC generation machines with the 12pin transformer connector because it doesn't require replacing the actual outlet itself or cutting any wires.
I apologize ahead of time if somebody else has already come up with this idea. I searched through the forums and couldn't find anyone else with this suggestion. Doesn't mean it hasn't been done before, I just could not fine any other examples.
Let me know what you think of this mod. If it gets enough support then we will mass produce it, offer it up for sale as a separate mod on the site in the "Parts & Accessories" category, and also include it free with the WPC kits.
Hopefully the images will show up in order, I need to figure out how to re-arrange images here on pinside.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely thought out Rob and great mod!!

A couple of comments:
1. Step 2 is only needed if there is an existing service port installed (a lot of exported machines just have a filler cap in this hole - while the cap is round in the below photo the hole in the metal chassis is actually square)
2. Step 2 - you'll want to cut off the 3 wires close to where they join the line filter (for white and green wires) and fuse (black wire) to remove any risk of loose 120/230v wires causing a short
3. Step 7 - WPC games from mid-1993 onwards (ie after TZ but include pins such as IJ and STTNG) have the line filter chassis mounted on the cabinet floor (like the WPC-S and WPC-95 pins) rather than mounted on the side of the cabinet as shown in Step 1. The only difference is that the power switch is mounted on the line filter chassis base plate (shown below), so you won't need to rotate the switch to get the piggyback connectors on.

Cheers
Brett
IJ Line Filter Chassis 1 (resized).pngIJ Line Filter Chassis 1 (resized).pngIJ Line Filter Chassis 2 (resized).pngIJ Line Filter Chassis 2 (resized).pngIJ Line Filter Chassis 3 (resized).pngIJ Line Filter Chassis 3 (resized).png

4 months later
#204 4 years ago

Congrats Rob on the new enhancements

You mentioned that we'll be able to purchase the "C" harness adapter boards separately from your website - does this allow someone with the Standard Shaker to alternatively use "A" and "C", or "B" and "C" harnesses if they wanted?

I know that previously you had various power options for the WPC games depending on whether the machine had 9 pin, 12 pin or had bill validator connectors, however I noticed that Pinball Life isn't requesting the specific game the shaker is intended for. Is this still required or how is power being connected for each of the shaker models?

Thanks
Brett

1 year later
#270 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hello,
I have had a few people message me asking what the minimum requirements are for the premium board. The app will run on any mobile device with a minimum of:
- Android 5.0 (API level 21) 2015
- Bluetooth v4.2
Regards,
Robert

Are there any plans for iphone/ipad support?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit?tu=Manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.