20211022_190437 (resized).jpg
20211022_191554 (resized).jpg
app (resized).jpg
wpc premium board only (resized).jpg
Premium Board Highlights (resized).jpg
WPC board only (resized).jpg
wpc-standard313 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_123956828 (resized).jpg
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

Greetings and Salutations!

This is the official announcement of our newly developed Pinshakers Universal Plug & Play Shaker Motor Kits. These kits can be installed in older machines that were not designed by the manufacturer to have shaker motors in them. So far all our tests have been successful in Williams/Bally WPC generation machines, Williams Sys 11 Machines, and older Stern S.A.M. machines. We have not tested them with any other manufacturer yet, but we are actively working to get kits developed for all Gottlieb, Data East, Sega, and Capcom solid state pinball machines.

The motor is driven off of a selection of flashers or solenoids on the low power circuit (pop bumpers, slingshots etc.). The kit is also powered by it's own included 12vdc power supply, so it is isolated from the power driver board's power. There is an on board 8 position dip switch where you can choose to have one or more of these inputs drive the motor. There is also an on board adjustment knob that you can use to adjust the motor speed by hand to get the perfect amount of shake.

Everything is completely plug and play, no soldering, no wire crimping, no alligator clips, and no wire splicing required. The included power supply provides the 12vdc required to run the shaker motor and the motor driver board, so there is no need to use power from the pinball machine power driver.

We are now taking pre-orders for selected shaker motor kits which should start shipping out at the end of August once we have completed all of our BETA testing. No deposit is required, no payment information is being taken, and no commitments to purchase are expected. We simply want to get a good idea of how many kits we will need to have available when we fully launch them next month. We have set up a pinside shop as well, however we are not sure if it is possible to offer pre-orders on there so that may not go live until next month.

In the meantime feel free to check out the new website and get a feel for what these kits have to offer.

http://www.pinshakers.com

Here is a list of the compatible machines so far:

Stern S.A.M.
Family Guy
Pirates of the Caribbean
Shrek
Wheel of Fortune
World Poker tour

Pre-DCS
Black Rose
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Doctor Who
Fish Tales
Funhouse
Gilligan's Island
Hurricane
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The Addams Family
The Addams Family Special Collectors Edition
The Getaway: High Speed II
The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot
The Party Zone
Twilight Zone
White Water

DCS and Newer
Attack from Mars
Cactus Canyon
Cirqus Voltaire
Congo
Demolition Man
Dirty Harry
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Indianapolis 500
Jack·Bot
Johnny Mnemonic
Judge Dredd
Junk Yard
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash
NBA Fastbreak
No Fear: Dangerous Sports
No Good Gofers
Popeye Saves the Earth
Safe Cracker
Scared Stiff
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Tales of the Arabian Nights
The Champion Pub
The Flintstones
The Shadow
Theatre of Magic
WHO dunnit
World Cup Soccer

Thank you for your interest and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are incredibly excited to offer up these Universal Plug & Play Shaker Motor kits to the pinball community!

wpc105 (resized).jpgwpc105 (resized).jpgPinshakers105-6 (resized).jpgPinshakers105-6 (resized).jpgPinshakers105-7 (resized).jpgPinshakers105-7 (resized).jpgPinshakers105-15 (resized).jpgPinshakers105-15 (resized).jpgPinshakers105-9 (resized).jpgPinshakers105-9 (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 20, 9 29 42 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 20, 9 29 42 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 22, 6 25 47 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 22, 6 25 47 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 22, 6 19 55 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 22, 6 19 55 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 22, 6 22 54 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 22, 6 22 54 PM (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

That’s super cool!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s super cool!

Thanks Mudflaps... for being the first response to our announcement I am going to PM you with a 20% off coupon for your first kit!

Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#4 4 years ago

Awesome. Been waiting for someone to do this. I will take 2, shadow and stern pirates

#5 4 years ago

Wow I am huge shaker motor fan and see a couple of my games on your list...looking forward to testing one in action!! Also I’m originally from DE so in support of local business. Good luck Robert
FOLLOWING

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Thanks Mudflaps... for being the first response to our announcement I am going to PM you with a 20% off coupon for your first kit!
Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

Wow, thanks! I never win anything, except for the lottery those few times

#7 4 years ago

DE tommy would be awesome with a shaker!!!

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Wow I am huge shaker motor fan and see a couple of my games on your list...looking forward to testing one in action!! Also I’m originally from DE so in support of local business. Good luck Robert
FOLLOWING

#8 4 years ago

This is awesome!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Awesome. Been waiting for someone to do this. I will take 2, shadow and stern pirates

We have been testing it extensively in our Stern POTC. We have it set to go off when you hit the ship and when the ball is spinning around up in Tortuga/Port Royal. OMG.. it is epic!!!

Rob

#10 4 years ago

What a fantastic idea.... This will do very well. Huge demand for this product. I have 2 must haves for all my pins, Pinstadium and now this. Great Job!!

#11 4 years ago

Does this mean I can finally be crazy and put a shaker motor in an EM?

#12 4 years ago

Not really clear on the pre-order or how to do it , but a great idea looking forward to this...
All the best success to you and your product

#13 4 years ago

Awe, man. Just when I thought my Judge Dredd was done. There goes another 200 clams. Thanks, Pinshakers.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Not really clear on the pre-order or how to do it , but a great idea looking forward to this...
All the best success to you and your product

Hi transprtr4u,

I apologize if it wasn't clear on how to pre-order. All you have to do is go to the website and choose what kit(s) you want and go through the checkout process. Only the kits with the "Pre-Order" in the title are available at this time to pre-order. Any kit with a "Coming Soon" in the title means they are still in the Alpha testing phase and will not be available until later on this year. You won't be asked to enter in any payment information. Once the kits are available (hoping by late August), then we will contact all the pre-orders to see who still wants to purchase a kit and we will provide them with a paypal invoice at that time.

If you have any issues with the checkout process or navigating the site, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#15 4 years ago

This is amazing. Thanks so much for this! The community has needed this for years now.

#16 4 years ago

Shaker for taf? F-yea!

#17 4 years ago

wow - great product.

#18 4 years ago

Pre-ordered one for IJ Williams

#19 4 years ago

Very cool I will order one for my Stern POTC as soon as I have the $$ !

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Does this mean I can finally be crazy and put a shaker motor in an EM?

Don't EM machines already have Stepper... uh I mean.. Shaker motors in them?

#21 4 years ago

I've the Pinbits shaker for my IJ... however I'm tempted to pick up one of these... I like the idea of having multiple triggers for the shaker. The pinbits kit only trips with the idol flasher. This is pretty much every time you fire the pistol and when balls are locked/released... however... I would also like to connect to the right and left ramp flashers... this would make the shaker fire with the fighter plane animation and gun lights.

VERY COOL!

#22 4 years ago

Hello Everyone,

We appreciate all the interest so far! A couple quick notes on International shipping as we have gotten several questions about that.

Right now we have not tested this kit in a machine that is set up for 230/240vac. Our power supply has an input range of 100-240vac, so in theory there shouldn't be any issues as long as the jumpers are set up properly. Problem is we aren't comfortable with just theories, so until we have tried and tested the kit in a 230/240vac machine you will not have the ability to place an order for a country using that voltage.

All this to say, if you are in a country with a machine set for 230/240vac and are interested in beta testing one of our kits with your machine, then we would love to hear from you. Just send us a PM and we can go from there.

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#23 4 years ago

I will likely be in for one for my MB depending on feedback from owners.

#24 4 years ago

Whao, very innovating. Thanks for this!

#25 4 years ago

Kit looks good. Can’t wait to get one soon. On vacation for another week.

#26 4 years ago

Looks like a lot of time has been put into this. Great job Robert!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Just send us a PM and we can go from there.

PM sent

#28 4 years ago

I would put them in my Funhouse and Cirqus Voltaire. Can't wait!

#29 4 years ago

Ive been waiting for this!!!!
Awesome product and frankly surprised it took so long for someone to do this.
Finally, Thank You!
My hot mess modded Addams will need this and a Fish Tales.
Following.

#30 4 years ago

Does the 30th post get a 30% off coupon? Lol. I’m in for my T2. Great looking kit!

#31 4 years ago

I've been adding shaker motors to my games for years with a solid state relay. The last one I did was with a 120v Harbor Freight tumbler motor.

Cool to see an easy install kit with selectable DIP switches.

Good luck with your new endeavor!

#32 4 years ago

pre-ordered for my AFM. I think this would add that certain something when you blow up a saucer...

#33 4 years ago

Congrats on filling a needed space! Looking forward to installing one (or more) of these!

#34 4 years ago

looks extremely professional like it's factory. May I ask how that little plastic pcb stand is made? is that printed? looks to be injection moulded??

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

pre-ordered for my AFM. I think this would add that certain something when you blow up a saucer...

It certanly does spice things up when blowing the saucer!

#36 4 years ago

Very nice and well thought out. There are plenty of ways to trigger a shaker, but I love the idea behind multiple and customizable triggers.

How do you tap the circuits for triggers? Do you "t" into the harness plugs? Or do you wire to the end flasher, coil, etc?

(I don't like mods that use alligator clips for taps. They come loose, can wiggle loose and short...etc.)

#37 4 years ago

Looks awesome! I knew it was only a matter of time before someone figured out a decent way of doing these. Definitely need to get in on these.

#38 4 years ago

The good thing is Robert is a fantastic dude. So it’s a win win for everyone!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

looks extremely professional like it's factory. May I ask how that little plastic pcb stand is made? is that printed? looks to be injection moulded??

When we were deciding on how to design the size/shape of the motor driver board, we settled on using the dimensions of an Arduino, UNO. The board is not an Arduino though, it just shares it's shape. We did this so that we could use enclosures that are already out on the open market for Arduinos. This saves us the time and cost of trying to fabricate our own, which of course we pass onto you the consumer. With the enclosure we are currently using, all you have to do is peel off the Velcro on the back and slap it onto the side of the backbox. There are some very small wood screws that are included that you can use to help keep it fully secured there. So installing the board itself is about as easy as mounting a remote battery pack.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Very nice and well thought out. There are plenty of ways to trigger a shaker, but I love the idea behind multiple and customizable triggers.
How do you tap the circuits for triggers? Do you "t" into the harness plugs? Or do you wire to the end flasher, coil, etc?
(I don't like mods that use alligator clips for taps. They come loose, can wiggle loose and short...etc.)

The wire harness for the flashers connects in line with the current plug that goes into the power driver board. We built the harness with a "Z" adapter on it, see the pictures below for a better idea.

The wire harness for the low power solenoids, pop bumpers, slingshots etc., will connect directly to two unused plugs on your power driver board for WPC era machines J128/J129 (J114/J115 WPC-95). There are 4 WPC machines though that do not have these connectors open, BSD, CFTBL, DRWHO, and TATAN. Those games will require that you use the same method of connecting to those plugs with the in line adapter that is used with the flashers.

No, there are no wire splicing, crimping, alligator clipping, or soldering at all with this kit. We wanted to make it as user friendly and easy to install as possible, and we will continue to develop ways to make it even easier.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com
Photo Jul 21, 2 31 31 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 21, 2 31 31 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 21, 2 32 01 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 21, 2 32 01 PM (resized).jpg

Photo Jul 21, 2 27 49 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 21, 2 27 49 PM (resized).jpg
#41 4 years ago

Looks great. I hope Data East kits are available soon!

#42 4 years ago

This is Awesome!!

#43 4 years ago

I'm in for the shadow and POTC !!!!!! awesome work!

#44 4 years ago

Pre-ordered for The Shadow! I was playing it last night thinking, "i wonder if there is a shaker mod for Shadow?"

#45 4 years ago

Wow! Cool! Yeah, I could see me ordering one for Shadow and NBA Fastbreak. Nascar, didn't see on the list, but the game shaking when the balls are in the raceway launcher, would be awesome.

#47 4 years ago

Wish i could afford them in all... but shadow and pirates are gonna be AWESOME

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wow! Cool! Yeah, I could see me ordering one for Shadow and NBA Fastbreak. Nascar, didn't see on the list, but the game shaking when the balls are in the raceway launcher, would be awesome.

Nascar is coming soon, it is listed under the Sega/Stern Category...

http://www.pinshakers.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=54

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

When we were deciding on how to design the size/shape of the motor driver board, we settled on using the dimensions of an Arduino, UNO. The board is not an Arduino though, it just shares it's shape. We did this so that we could use enclosures that are already out on the open market for Arduinos. This saves us the time and cost of trying to fabricate our own, which of course we pass onto you the consumer. With the enclosure we are currently using, all you have to do is peel off the Velcro on the back and slap it onto the side of the backbox. There are some very small wood screws that are included that you can use to help keep it fully secured there. So installing the board itself is about as easy as mounting a remote battery pack.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

Very cleaver like that

,Iv looked into getting my own parts injection moulded and your looking at 5k cheapest just for tooling but if making hundreds of thousands its the way to go...

#50 4 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I just got a request from a gentleman asking if we offer a military discount. I am a veteran myself so I will absolutely support our US active duty soldiers.

I will put this on the site as well, but when you checkout on our site and you use your .mil email address, I will see this and instantly take off 10% off the entire order.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.