20211022_190437 (resized).jpg
20211022_191554 (resized).jpg
app (resized).jpg
wpc premium board only (resized).jpg
Premium Board Highlights (resized).jpg
WPC board only (resized).jpg
wpc-standard313 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_123956828 (resized).jpg
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Thanks but I would not suggest you do this. If you attempt to customize the shaker kit then there is a good chance you may damage the kit, your pinball machine, or both.
If your desire is to have a particular trigger that is not available with the base kit then I would encourage you to PM me to see if I can create something for you.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

Emailed you a few days ago, no reply as of this morning.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Emailed you a few days ago, no reply as of this morning.

Sorry but I do not have any emails from you Sir.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Sorry but I do not have any emails from you Sir.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

Was sent using your websites contact form.

http://www.pinshakers.com/index.php?route=information/contact

#254 3 years ago

It didn't come through... can you PM me your question here instead please?

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#255 3 years ago

Long shot i know here on such a rare and obscure/unique pin, but would these work on a heighway pin? Like Alien?

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Long shot i know here on such a rare and obscure/unique pin, but would these work on a heighway pin? Like Alien?

Sorry but I do not know anything about that title and how it is built. But if there is someone who wants to donate one to me to do some testing then I won't turn down that opportunity!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Heighway games were designed for shaker motors. Any shaker designed for newer Stern games should work. Also the Heighway driver boards are completely different so this wouldn't be plug and play.

6 months later
#258 3 years ago

Dear robgo777,

I try to contact you through Pinside as you didn't answer me when I tried to contact you 2 times through your website.
I'm very interested in your device and I'd like to order 2 to begin (got 10 more WPC95 to be equiped).
Can you provide the premium board for Europe (220 voltage)? I'd like to upgrade first my Williams Medieval Madness and my Cactus Canyon. But this one as I told you through your contact form has been converted in a magnificient Cactus Canyon Continued Extended Edition and works with a P-ROC board. Could your pinshaker work with that kind of upgrade (the original driver board is still there).

Thanks for what you do, it seems amazing... but also seems hard to purchase for european customer.
Please reply!!!
Best regards

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Greetings and Salutations!
This is the official announcement of our newly developed Pinshakers Universal Plug & Play Shaker Motor Kits. These kits can be installed in older machines that were not designed by the manufacturer to have shaker motors in them. So far all our tests have been successful in Williams/Bally WPC generation machines, Williams Sys 11 Machines, and older Stern S.A.M. machines. We have not tested them with any other manufacturer yet, but we are actively working to get kits developed for all Gottlieb, Data East, Sega, and Capcom solid state pinball machines.
The motor is driven off of a selection of flashers or solenoids on the low power circuit (pop bumpers, slingshots etc.). The kit is also powered by it's own included 12vdc power supply, so it is isolated from the power driver board's power. There is an on board 8 position dip switch where you can choose to have one or more of these inputs drive the motor. There is also an on board adjustment knob that you can use to adjust the motor speed by hand to get the perfect amount of shake.
Everything is completely plug and play, no soldering, no wire crimping, no alligator clips, and no wire splicing required. The included power supply provides the 12vdc required to run the shaker motor and the motor driver board, so there is no need to use power from the pinball machine power driver.
We are now taking pre-orders for selected shaker motor kits which should start shipping out at the end of August once we have completed all of our BETA testing. No deposit is required, no payment information is being taken, and no commitments to purchase are expected. We simply want to get a good idea of how many kits we will need to have available when we fully launch them next month. We have set up a pinside shop as well, however we are not sure if it is possible to offer pre-orders on there so that may not go live until next month.
In the meantime feel free to check out the new website and get a feel for what these kits have to offer.
http://www.pinshakers.com
Here is a list of the compatible machines so far:
Stern S.A.M.
Family Guy
Pirates of the Caribbean
Shrek
Wheel of Fortune
World Poker tour
Pre-DCS
Black Rose
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Doctor Who
Fish Tales
Funhouse
Gilligan's Island
Hurricane
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The Addams Family
The Addams Family Special Collectors Edition
The Getaway: High Speed II
The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot
The Party Zone
Twilight Zone
White Water
DCS and Newer
Attack from Mars
Cactus Canyon
Cirqus Voltaire
Congo
Demolition Man
Dirty Harry
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Indianapolis 500
Jack·Bot
Johnny Mnemonic
Judge Dredd
Junk Yard
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash
NBA Fastbreak
No Fear: Dangerous Sports
No Good Gofers
Popeye Saves the Earth
Safe Cracker
Scared Stiff
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Tales of the Arabian Nights
The Champion Pub
The Flintstones
The Shadow
Theatre of Magic
WHO dunnit
World Cup Soccer
Thank you for your interest and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are incredibly excited to offer up these Universal Plug & Play Shaker Motor kits to the pinball community![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dear robgo777,
I try to contact you through Pinside as you didn't answer me when I tried to contact you 2 times through your website.
I'm very interested in your device and I'd like to order 2 to begin (got 10 more WPC95 to be equiped).
Can you provide the premium board for Europe (220 voltage)? I'd like to upgrade first my Williams Medieval Madness and my Cactus Canyon. But this one as I told you through your contact form has been converted in a magnificient Cactus Canyon Continued Extended Edition and works with a P-ROC board. Could your pinshaker work with that kind of upgrade (the original driver board is still there).
Thanks for what you do, it seems amazing... but also seems hard to purchase for european customer.
Please reply!!!
Best regards

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from CEDRIC:

Dear robgo777,
Please reply!!!
Best regards

Hi Cedric,

I responded to your inquiry, please check your inbox for the response.

Regards,

Robert

#261 3 years ago

Greetings Everyone,

It has been a while since we have posted any updates but now we have some exciting news to share. We have released Vers 3 of our shaker motor kits. At the moment Pinball Life has a limited supply, however we will be rolling out more stock that will be available with them, on our website, and here in our pinside shop over the coming weeks.

The Vers 3 Standard kits are fairly similar to the Vers 2 kits with some hardware improvements. WPC, WPC-95, Sys 11, and Gottlieb kits are now universal in terms of 115/240VAC. So those generations can be used internationally without any special voltage adapters.

The Vers 3 Premium kits are the ones that received a complete overhaul. We have developed a custom android mobile app that can connect wirelessly to the premium boards which will allow you to control a lot of parameters with the shaker motor. Within the app you can run a motor test, select which triggers you want to activate, and best of all.... create your own custom shake "Style"! Now you can customize how you want the motor to shake when it is triggered. Perhaps you want a slow smooth shake, or a fast rumble. You can even assign different shake styles to different triggers so that the motor shakes in sync with a particular gameplay event. The possibilities are pretty much endless. Visit our site for more details on the vers 3 boards.

Attached are some photos of the new boards as well as the android app. We hope you enjoy the new kits and continue to stay safe and healthy!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

WPC board only (resized).jpgWPC board only (resized).jpgwpc-standard313 (resized).jpgwpc-standard313 (resized).jpgwpc premium board only (resized).jpgwpc premium board only (resized).jpgPremium Board Highlights (resized).jpgPremium Board Highlights (resized).jpgapp (resized).jpgapp (resized).jpg
#263 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Greetings Everyone,
It has been a while since we have posted any updates but now we have some exciting news to share. We have released Vers 3 of our shaker motor kits. At the moment Pinball Life has a limited supply, however we will be rolling out more stock that will be available with them, on our website, and here in our pinside shop over the coming weeks.
The Vers 3 Standard kits are fairly similar to the Vers 2 kits with some hardware improvements. WPC, WPC-95, Sys 11, and Gottlieb kits are now universal in terms of 115/240VAC. So those generations can be used internationally without any special voltage adapters.
The Vers 3 Premium kits are the ones that received a complete overhaul. We have developed a custom android mobile app that can connect wirelessly to the premium boards which will allow you to control a lot of parameters with the shaker motor. Within the app you can run a motor test, select which triggers you want to activate, and best of all.... create your own custom shake "Style"! Now you can customize how you want the motor to shake when it is triggered. Perhaps you want a slow smooth shake, or a fast rumble. You can even assign different shake styles to different triggers so that the motor shakes in sync with a particular gameplay event. The possibilities are pretty much endless. Visit our site for more details on the vers 3 boards.
Attached are some photos of the new boards as well as the android app. We hope you enjoy the new kits and continue to stay safe and healthy!
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work! Any chance your WPC-95 "C" harness adapters will be back in stock any time soon?

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hi Cedric,
I responded to your inquiry, please check your inbox for the response.
Regards,
Robert

Hi!

Can you please PM me via Pinside the answer as well? I am interested in getting a shaker for my CCC.
Thanks!

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
Can you please PM me via Pinside the answer as well? I am interested in getting a shaker for my CCC.
Thanks!

go to www.pinballlife.com

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

go to www.pinballlife.com

Thanks - I do notice the shaker being available there and Cactus Canyon listed as a compatible game, but no mention of the Continued-version. You are referring to the continued-version then being as incompatible?

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Nice work! Any chance your WPC-95 "C" harness adapters will be back in stock any time soon?

Hello,

The harness "C" adapters come standard with the premium kits.

Regards,

Robert

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks - I do notice the shaker being available there and Cactus Canyon listed as a compatible game, but no mention of the Continued-version. You are referring to the continued-version then being as incompatible?

We have not tested our kits on the P-Roc platforms, no idea if they would work with them.

Regards,

Robert

#269 3 years ago

Hello,

I have had a few people message me asking what the minimum requirements are for the premium board. The app will run on any mobile device with a minimum of:

- Android 5.0 (API level 21) 2015
- Bluetooth v4.2

Regards,

Robert

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hello,
I have had a few people message me asking what the minimum requirements are for the premium board. The app will run on any mobile device with a minimum of:
- Android 5.0 (API level 21) 2015
- Bluetooth v4.2
Regards,
Robert

Are there any plans for iphone/ipad support?

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are there any plans for iphone/ipad support?

Not at this time, sorry.

Robert

#272 3 years ago

Can all the configurations be done without a phone? I too only have an Iphone.

#273 3 years ago

Very cool product I hadn't heard about. I wish I could just buy the board to integrate with the ES shaker I already have. But if I still had AFM would definitely buy one for that game.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Can all the configurations be done without a phone? I too only have an Iphone.

The premium board requires the app to interface with it. The standard board has all of the options needed on the board itself.

Regards,

Robert

4 months later
#275 2 years ago

Is there anywhere to buy these in Australia?

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Is there anywhere to buy these in Australia?

We do not have a distributor located in Australia, however we do ship to Australia as well as Pinball Life.

Regards,

Robert

3 weeks later
#277 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,

Getting very excited for Pinfest next week! We will have a double indoor vendor booth over on the tournament side next to Lermods. There will be discounts on many of our kits and we will also be offering budget versions of all our kits that include everything you need minus the shaker motor itself. So if you have a motor already then you can save some money and get the budget kit. We will also have a lot of spare pinball machine parts and circuit boards so be sure to come check us out. As always, we will be offering a 10% discount off of all our kits to any active duty military with ID.

If you have purchased one of our kits in the past, please stop by and say hi and let us know how your kit is working for you. We are always interested in hearing feedback good or bad.

We will have the following kits with us at the show:

Standard WPC / WPC-95
Premium WPC / WPC-95
Standard Stern
Premium Stern
Standard Sys 11
Standard Gottlieb

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

2 weeks later
#278 2 years ago

Hi robert,

Do you sell one plug and play for a data east tales from the crypt?

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hi robert,

They don't sell any for Data East.

I pointed out that the DE MPU is virtually the same as Williams System 11 and never got a reply back.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hi robert,

Hello,

We do have kits for Data East however they only have two possible triggers and you can choose between CPU controlled lamps or flashlamps. They work based on a photoresistor that you would tape up close to the lamp. They do not work the same as the rest of our kits where you can choose between solenoids, flashers, motors, magnets etc.

gdonovan I apologize but I did not get your email, I just checked and for some reason it went to my spam folder. It is best to message me on here as apposed to the contact form on my website because I get a lot of spam on there. But to answer your question, the Data East MPUs are not the same as System 11 and therefore we are unable to get the kits to work as well as they do in the Sys 11 lineup.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

#281 2 years ago

But to answer your question, the Data East MPUs are not the same as System 11 and therefore we are unable to get the kits to work as well as they do in the Sys 11 lineup.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

Check pinwiki, some DE MPU can actually be used in Williams 11C games. From a hardware perspective Gary Stern had the rights to William's hardware and just needed to come up with unique software which they did.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#Using_a_Data_East_MPU_Board_in_a_System_11_Game

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Check pinwiki, some DE MPU can actually be used in Williams 11C games. From a hardware perspective Gary Stern had the rights to William's hardware and just needed to come up with unique software which they did.

Yes I understand, however we did a lot of testing in a couple Data East machines using the Sega/Data East System 3 MPU and unfortunately we got inconsistent results. We tested the kits in a Tommy and a Rocky & Bullwinkle and couldn't get them to work properly so we scrapped the main line of boards with Data East and came up with the alternate 2 trigger version for them instead.

Regards,

Robert

1 week later
#283 2 years ago

Good Morning Everybody,

The Android app has just been updated in the Google Play store to version 1.13. We fixed the issues where the app would not scan and detect the shaker board if it was running on a device with Android 10 or newer.

Also, exciting news, we have hired a developer team to create an app for IOS! Hopefully within the next few weeks we will have an app ready for the premium shaker kits that you can use on your iPhone or iPad devices.

Lastly, we are trying to decide if there is a market for the premium kits in the System 11 lineup. If you have a System 11 machine and would like to see us develop a premium kit for it please let us know.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

2 months later
#284 2 years ago

Hello, last year I purchased a wpc-95 pinshaker kit. Its the older version from a year ago i am assuming version 2 since I seen you have a newer one out. Anyways I am having a problem. Everything is hooked up correctly as far as I can see, the shaker board lights as it should and shakes when the test button and works correctly on the second pinout with the coils. But I get nothing on the first set of dip switches with flashers. Flashers work correctly in game, but will not set off shaker motor. Installed in a congo.

Thanks

#285 2 years ago

Here is a picture of all of it connected, like I said everything in the game works as it should and the second set of dips work but the first set does nothing which I need becouse I want to set the shaker with a couple flashers. The J111 is not working

20211022_190437 (resized).jpg20211022_190437 (resized).jpg20211022_191554 (resized).jpg20211022_191554 (resized).jpg
#286 2 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Here is a picture of all of it connected, like I said everything in the game works as it should and the second set of dips work but the first set does nothing which I need becouse I want to set the shaker with a couple flashers. The J111 is not working
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hello,

Why isnt the connector for Harness A connected directly to the adapter? Is that some kind of mod you are using with that extension cable? I would first look into removing that out of the equation and see if they start working. Also, you have a lot of switches turned on for harness A at the same time, which is unusual. Try disconnecting the Cat-5 cable from Harness B and test each flasher one at a time on harness A.

That is a pretty old board you are using, did it work when you first received it?

Thanks,

Rob

1 week later
#287 2 years ago

First of all thanks to Rob for bringing the world this beautiful device - just got it working in my Dirty Harry and it really made my day, punk!

My review:
-The v3 unit is a very clean install
-Instructions were 100% correct - the only issue that delayed my install is that on the provided 'power-driver harness' the molex plug did not match the receptacle on the Pinshaker board - I had to shave off the corners of one pin to make it fit. It was enough to make me stop installing and email Rob, and I admit I was still a little skeptical after he told me the harness would work fine - but luckily all is well!

Pics attached in case anyone else wonders why their connectors dont fit together - still a highly recommended doohicky here though!

20211102_223242.jpg20211102_223242.jpg20211102_223300.jpg20211102_223300.jpg
1 week later
#288 2 years ago

Just added a shaker kit to my Dirty Harry. I love it! Highly recommended!

20211112_172803 (resized).jpg20211112_172803 (resized).jpg
#289 2 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

Just added a shaker kit to my Dirty Harry. I love it! Highly recommended!

Thanks for your support, glad you are enjoying your kit! Mind sharing what triggers you are using?

Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

1 week later
#290 2 years ago

Does anyone that a recommended setup for The Addams Family? Or a cross reference of the switches in Addams to identify the best ones to enable.

1 week later
#291 2 years ago

Love it for my Dirty Harry as well, the DIP switches I am using are: A - 4 B - 3,5,6,7,8

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Does anyone that a recommended setup for The Addams Family? Or a cross reference of the switches in Addams to identify the best ones to enable.

When I owned a TAF I had it set for one of the lightning bolt flashers. I can’t remember which one, but it was pretty awesome to have the shaker go off at the start of multiball.

Hope that helps and enjoy!

Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

#293 2 years ago

Just checking if there is any new info, would the shaker work with P-Roc? (with Cactus Canyon Continued)

1 week later
#294 2 years ago

I have a older Congo kit from early last year, what do I need to be able to upgrade so I can use the C harness. Can I just modify and move the A harness which is j111 to j116 C harness? Or do I need a whole new kit?

Thanks

7 months later
#295 1 year ago

When will the wpc 95 kits be available again?

3 weeks later
#296 1 year ago

Bump.

When is available for purchase stock (for Stern Whitestar) expected?

Thanks, Steveo

3 weeks later
#297 1 year ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Bump.
When is available for purchase stock (for Stern Whitestar) expected?
Thanks, Steveo

Hi Steveo,

We moved to Florida and are in a sort of life transition right now living in a rental house that doesn't have room to set up a workshop. As soon as the time is right for us to purchase a house we plan to get the shop up and running again. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank everyone for their support.

Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLE

4 months later
#298 1 year ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hi Steveo,
We moved to Florida and are in a sort of life transition right now living in a rental house that doesn't have room to set up a workshop. As soon as the time is right for us to purchase a house we plan to get the shop up and running again. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank everyone for their support.
Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLE

robgo777

How’s the move to Florida coming along? Any update on getting the workshop setup.

Looking forward to adding a few pinshakers to my older pins.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from Litemayo:

robgo777
How’s the move to Florida coming along? Any update on getting the workshop setup.
Looking forward to adding a few pinshakers to my older pins.

Great, purchased a house in Ft. Myers 3 days before IAN hit us! Luckily we didn't have any damage to the house. Good news is we have plenty of room and have the workshop all set up now. Just got done fulfilling a large order to Pinball Life and we are in the middle of fulfilling another large order to Pinball Haus in Australia. In addition to that, we are working on finalizing version 4 of our kits which will be complete in the next 6-8 weeks. Stay tuned for an announcement on those.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

#300 1 year ago

Somehow I missed this product releasing a few years ago. Once I get my garage all set (have to make room to make everything fit) I'll be looking to add these to a couple of my pins. Always wanted a shaker in my F-14. Between this and the new IPS screen displays for my Centaur I have coming in the mail, this is a good time for mods.

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.