20211022_190437 (resized).jpg
20211022_191554 (resized).jpg
app (resized).jpg
wpc premium board only (resized).jpg
Premium Board Highlights (resized).jpg
WPC board only (resized).jpg
wpc-standard313 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_123956828 (resized).jpg

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 4 years ago

Huge announcement, loving it in my DM.

#202 4 years ago

Greetings,

Tracking shows the first batch of kits will arrive at our retailer on Friday. So they should be posted for sale on their website soon after that.

We just updated the dip switch charts to include the harness "C" adapter triggers. The harness "C" adapter boards come standard with the premium kits. You will soon be able to purchase them separately as well in the Parts & Accessories category on our website. We also added the charts for the Sys 9 line-up. The current charts can be found here:

http://www.pinshakers.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=8

We also just updated the .pdf installation guides. We will be updating the videos over the weekend. The current installation guides can be found here:

http://www.pinshakers.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=10

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#203 4 years ago

Hello,

Pinshakers would like to welcome Pinball Life as our exclusive online retailer for our universal shaker motor kits. We are extremely excited to work with Pinball Life and are looking forward to serving the pinball community along side them.

Visit http://www.pinballlife.com and order your kit today! They have the Standard and Premium versions in stock, ready to arrive by Christmas!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#204 4 years ago

Congrats Rob on the new enhancements

You mentioned that we'll be able to purchase the "C" harness adapter boards separately from your website - does this allow someone with the Standard Shaker to alternatively use "A" and "C", or "B" and "C" harnesses if they wanted?

I know that previously you had various power options for the WPC games depending on whether the machine had 9 pin, 12 pin or had bill validator connectors, however I noticed that Pinball Life isn't requesting the specific game the shaker is intended for. Is this still required or how is power being connected for each of the shaker models?

Thanks
Brett

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Congrats Rob on the new enhancements
You mentioned that we'll be able to purchase the "C" harness adapter boards separately from your website - does this allow someone with the Standard Shaker to alternatively use "A" and "C", or "B" and "C" harnesses if they wanted?
I know that previously you had various power options for the WPC games depending on whether the machine had 9 pin, 12 pin or had bill validator connectors, however I noticed that Pinball Life isn't requesting the specific game the shaker is intended for. Is this still required or how is power being connected for each of the shaker models?
Thanks
Brett

I can’t comment on the power stuff, but I just got mine installed on my AFM original. Pics included. I got the extra standard kit with the extra “C” board. I’m currently running a “B” and “C” configuration. Maybe this helps you out?

9B37CFA7-7AB5-405C-8507-731606210557 (resized).jpeg9B37CFA7-7AB5-405C-8507-731606210557 (resized).jpegF4894253-2433-43F9-8A86-BF6F2464BD34 (resized).jpegF4894253-2433-43F9-8A86-BF6F2464BD34 (resized).jpeg0BCDC54A-2B64-4A4B-AD75-73F34EDBF04E (resized).jpeg0BCDC54A-2B64-4A4B-AD75-73F34EDBF04E (resized).jpeg790BEBF7-587B-45F8-995B-A22859DF70DD (resized).jpeg790BEBF7-587B-45F8-995B-A22859DF70DD (resized).jpeg4BD67EB3-DAB5-43F8-BFAA-E4B7843640B3 (resized).jpeg4BD67EB3-DAB5-43F8-BFAA-E4B7843640B3 (resized).jpegA7B58B8E-2722-4D83-A6A2-B75ED206B77A (resized).jpegA7B58B8E-2722-4D83-A6A2-B75ED206B77A (resized).jpeg4A9BED56-841E-4573-8A71-122D999520E4 (resized).jpeg4A9BED56-841E-4573-8A71-122D999520E4 (resized).jpeg03A52AEF-7352-4AB9-B658-1CF357525F6E (resized).jpeg03A52AEF-7352-4AB9-B658-1CF357525F6E (resized).jpeg04E7642F-A7B6-47B9-8CEC-6E8FF6D9AF36 (resized).jpeg04E7642F-A7B6-47B9-8CEC-6E8FF6D9AF36 (resized).jpeg020C58B7-8999-4828-A19F-B44A527C3615 (resized).jpeg020C58B7-8999-4828-A19F-B44A527C3615 (resized).jpeg0E91A330-04C2-4493-9D82-DC20BD58EF52 (resized).jpeg0E91A330-04C2-4493-9D82-DC20BD58EF52 (resized).jpeg705554F1-ADC7-430A-B2D1-4F58A68E046E (resized).jpeg705554F1-ADC7-430A-B2D1-4F58A68E046E (resized).jpegA8BB842D-BA4E-4533-888D-6B969F50C440 (resized).jpegA8BB842D-BA4E-4533-888D-6B969F50C440 (resized).jpeg1094B648-E922-4751-9243-942EDD4B37BE (resized).jpeg1094B648-E922-4751-9243-942EDD4B37BE (resized).jpeg
#206 4 years ago

Greetings,

International customers are now set up to order directly from our online store. Pinball Life is only shipping to USA based customers at this time. Pricing is the same.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#207 4 years ago

amazing job! Best upgrade to come along in recent years. Congratulations.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

amazing job! Best upgrade to come along in recent years. Congratulations.

It truly is! To have an opportunity to make Space Shuttle or Grand Lizard shake is pretty amazing, let alone this kit allows you to use all sorts of triggers to make the shaker go off. Great job Rob!

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It truly is! To have an opportunity to make Space Shuttle or Grand Lizard shake is pretty amazing, let alone this kit allows you to use all sorts of triggers to make the shaker go off. Great job Rob!

My pocketbook is going to feel the pinch by the time I install six of these things. Looking at Fire!, Addams, Fish Tales, White water, Indy, Black Rose.

#210 4 years ago

This product is well built and well thought out. I like the fact that it doesn't draw from the game directly, which can help prevent issues with boards. I alos like the fact that you have so many trigger options that you can adjust to your liking. Solid solid product!

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

My pocketbook is going to feel the pinch by the time I install six of these things. Looking at Fire!, Addams, Fish Tales, White water, Indy, Black Rose.

Thanks for your interest @ericpinballfan! Our retailer Pinball Life is running a little low on stock at the moment. We are about to send them another small batch and we will be getting 40 more of the standard boards by the end of the month. We are working together to gauge the supply/demand needs of the market and we anticipate having a good handle on things by next month in order to minimize or eliminate them from going out of stock.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Pinshakers

1 week later
#212 4 years ago

My understanding is that you choose either flashers or solenoids as triggers with the old model. This new model can be triggered by both simutaneously?

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

My understanding is that you choose either flashers or solenoids as triggers with the old model. This new model can be triggered by both simutaneously?

Correct.

1 week later
#214 4 years ago

When using various triggers is the amount of shake/vibration the same across them all is varied and is them something that can be changed. I assume the adjustment pot effects all triggers the same. Was hoping to add this to a data east game but see on website that reference has been removed for now pending additional testing that is in progress.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

When using various triggers is the amount of shake/vibration the same across them all is varied and is them something that can be changed. I assume the adjustment pot effects all triggers the same. Was hoping to add this to a data east game but see on website that reference has been removed for now pending additional testing that is in progress.

One pot to control intensity, so my guess is that it’s the same across all triggers. I can’t feel any difference on mine nor see a way to adjust it for different triggers.

#216 4 years ago

Was going to pick up one for my #pirates-of-the-caribbean and trying to decide if its worth going all in on premium shaker or skimp some and go with standard. Just don't want constant shaker action kinda kills the cool factor if it does too much.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Was going to pick up one for my #pirates-of-the-caribbean and trying to decide if its worth going all in on premium shaker or skimp some and go with standard. Just don't want constant shaker action kinda kills the cool factor if it does too much.

That’s the beauty of this thing. You set the triggers. This will ultimately determine how much shake you get and when. For example on my AFM original, I do NOT have it being triggered on the pops as that would have been too much shaking. I have trigger points for knocking the drop gate down, activating the saucer, ball launch, and the Martian Attack mode when shooting the Martian’s. This is plenty for me.

#218 4 years ago

When a solenoid triggers it, say a pop bumper, does it shake for just a split second (the pop bumper hit is a split second), as opposed to if it’s set to trigger while the cannon on T2 is turning it would shake longer?

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

When a solenoid triggers it, say a pop bumper, does it shake for just a split second (the pop bumper hit is a split second), as opposed to if it’s set to trigger while the cannon on T2 is turning it would shake longer?

I can’t quite answer that. Paging @robgo777

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

We have been fine tuning the shake style since day one, trying to match what the manufacturers are currently using on average so that it feels like it was meant to be that way from the factory.

Currently we are happy with roughly a 0.5 second shake and a 1 second delay between shakes. 0.5 seconds is the total duration the motor spins at the max setting you set it with the trim pot. There is also some time built in for a "Ramp Up" and "Ramp Down" of the motor so to speak.

The program also requires that the trigger to cycle on/off/on again in order for it to generate multiple shakes. For example, say you set the trigger to a magnet. The magnet comes on and stays on for 5 seconds. What will happen is it will shake once when the magnet first comes on, then wait for the magnet to go off again and then back on before is shakes a second time. That way the shaker doesn't just sit there and "Pulse" on/off/on/off etc for the duration the magnet is on.

As for pop bumpers, it would shake multiple times for as long as the ball is bouncing off of the pop bumper you set a trigger for (keep in mind you can set triggers for each pop bumper independently, doesn't have to be all pop bumpers at the same time).

The duration of each shake, and the delay between shakes is the same across the board, doesn't matter where the trigger comes from.

Hope that answers all your questions @xtraball, if you have any more please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Hello @cp1610,

Thank you for your question and thank you for your interest in our shake motor kits. The main difference between the standard and the premium boards is the ability to tie in mods to the board. If you have some mods that you want to get off of the pinball machine's power grid, or even if you have something like a ColorDMD that you want to get off of the machine's power grid, then the premium kit is right for you. If you don't have any mods that you want to tie into the board, or you either don't have a ColorDMD or you don't care that it is powered by the pinball machine's power driver board, then the standard kit is right for you.

The other major difference is the premium board has 3 harness adapters built in where as the standard only has 2. So if you REALLY want a particular trigger from all 3 harnesses going, then currently that would require the premium board to do so.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#222 4 years ago

Great info posted @robgo777. Was thinking go full tilt for 1st one and subsequent ones go with standard as other older games become supported. The shaker needs to get to Gottlieb system 3 and system 80 variants if possable can see it in games like #haunted-house #black-hole #volcano. #bone-busters-inc.

#223 4 years ago

If I purchase the system 9 version and don't like it in my Space Shuttle, how hard would it be to convert it over to No Good Gophers?

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

If I purchase the system 9 version and don't like it in my Space Shuttle, how hard would it be to convert it over to No Good Gophers?

It is easy, all you would need to do is purchase a power supply adapter and a harness adapter. Everything else in the kit can be transferred to your NGG...

Power Supply Adapter:
http://www.pinshakers.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=70

Harness Adapter:
Set is $20... PM me for a purchase link

I can also do a free exchange if you send me back your Sys9 adapters. You pay to ship then to me and I will take care of the shipping charge to send you the new ones if you are Domestic ($20 charge for International).

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Let me know if you pull the trigger on this, I've been on the fence for a little while now on whether to install one in my space shuttle, would be curious to get some feedback from someone who's had it in that machine

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Let me know if you pull the trigger on this, I've been on the fence for a little while now on whether to install one in my space shuttle, would be curious to get some feedback from someone who's had it in that machine

Search the thread, a user on here has one installed. It was installed at the 2019 York show.

#227 4 years ago

Thanks. That helps. Gonna pull the trigger in a couple of days.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'll let you know. I think it could be a really huge upgrade for a reasonable price.

Quoted from djreddog:

Search the thread, a user on here has one installed. It was installed at the 2019 York show.

That is where I originally heard about this product. I believe he posted on the Space Shuttle Club thread.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I'll let you know. I think it could be a really huge upgrade for a reasonable price.

That is where I originally heard about this product. I believe he posted on the Space Shuttle Club thread.

Yep, that thread. Knew it was somewhere

Quoted from arcademojo:

Just had a "Pinshaker" shaker motor installed at the York pinball show by robgo777 .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit
Gotta say what a huge difference it makes to game play. It's hooked up the the (Space) (Shuttle) flashers so will run when locking a ball or hitting the center ramp. I now have it running with the bell also. So it integrates with game play very well.
As far as the installation went. It's very simple. Since this was the first system 9 he did he didn't have the correct plug for the 110 line so just plugged it into the service outlet. two small jumper boards were installed at J12 and J19. Then a small controller board was added in the backbox. Finally Shaker motor itself was installed. One thing to note was with the system 9 bottom board of the cap is only 1/4". The T nuts that push up though to mount the shaker are about 5/8" Since we were installing at the show we just turned them upside down for temporary use. Permanent fix would be to mount a piece of 1/2" thick plywood between the motor and bottom board.
PS. Yeah I know I need to get a hard top for it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#230 4 years ago

Any chance of doing a Gottlieb Freddy?

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Any chance of doing a Gottlieb Freddy?

We are working on getting the Gottlieb Sys 3 lineup added. We have a Stargate that we are doing some beta testing on and will make an announcement if we are able to get the kits to work reliably with this generation.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#232 4 years ago

Are there future plans for your shaker motor kits to be fitted to Data East Machines

1 month later
#233 4 years ago

Installed on White Water using Harness A

Test works! Adjustment for intensity works.

No shaking during game play...Tried all dip switch ON/OFF

BTW, your website is not working today.

www.pinshaker.com

I sent you a PM for help.

Scotty

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

...BTW, your website is not working today.
www.pinshaker.com
I sent you a PM for help.
Scotty

You are missing the S ...
http://www.pinshakers.com/

#235 4 years ago

#236 4 years ago

Loads ok this end

#237 4 years ago

Hi @robgo777,

Awesome creation! Quick question...

I'm about to order the premium for my Scared Stiff here in Switzerland. Our voltage is 230, so I see you have an option for that. But my service port doesn't have any kind of adapter. It just has the standard 3 slot female outlet like on the back of a computer. Pictured.

Do I have to order a particular adapter? Or does your kit already plug into this?

Thanks!

DSC_0518.JPGDSC_0518.JPG
#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Hi @robgo777,
Awesome creation! Quick question...
I'm about to order the premium for my Scared Stiff here in Switzerland. Our voltage is 230, so I see you have an option for that. But my service port doesn't have any kind of adapter. It just has the standard 3 slot female outlet like on the back of a computer. Pictured.
Do I have to order a particular adapter? Or does your kit already plug into this?
Thanks![quoted image]

Hello,

Thanks for the interest in our kits. I would be surprised if that outlet is live. I believe most of the export games had their service outlets disabled.

In any case I will actually supply you with a different voltage jumper connector that will replace the one you have pictured. Looks like it is actually jumpered for 240vac.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

In any case I will actually supply you with a different voltage jumper connector that will replace the one you have pictured. Looks like it is actually jumpered for 240vac.

Sweet, thanks! Been following this thread and looking forward to seeing how this might liven up Scared Stiff.
Premium seems perfect so I can use flashers (e.g. Beast ramp flasher), pop bumpers, and crate solenoid (when crate opens). Also have a color DMD whose power I can offload...

I haven't come across many wpc95 games with shakers. Your product is a real game changer (pun intended)!

#240 4 years ago

This is a fantastic product. About to install this in my Addams Gold. Has anyone installed this on their Addams, if so, what did you hook it up to to shake?

2 weeks later
#241 4 years ago

I just bought a premium kit. Simple question... I don't see anything that indicates to "mount" the power supply & board to the cabinet, does it just sit loose?

#242 4 years ago

Here are step by step photos of my install. Hopefully this helps answer your question.

D12012EA-684B-423B-9B34-A788E1FBDAB1 (resized).jpegD12012EA-684B-423B-9B34-A788E1FBDAB1 (resized).jpegA6636E55-4F39-40B3-8F07-51DCDDB4FF99 (resized).jpegA6636E55-4F39-40B3-8F07-51DCDDB4FF99 (resized).jpeg09B846F4-9702-44D8-AE6D-4C5CE01240A2 (resized).jpeg09B846F4-9702-44D8-AE6D-4C5CE01240A2 (resized).jpeg581ACCCA-780D-49B7-9A49-8148D3DB6315 (resized).jpeg581ACCCA-780D-49B7-9A49-8148D3DB6315 (resized).jpeg3571DF30-A2AC-447C-8270-FB5F57729117 (resized).jpeg3571DF30-A2AC-447C-8270-FB5F57729117 (resized).jpegA0D3843B-A483-4E51-AEE1-0A07A2CCE8FD (resized).jpegA0D3843B-A483-4E51-AEE1-0A07A2CCE8FD (resized).jpegEF5D41FC-69D1-470F-B6E8-E4225D636E2E (resized).jpegEF5D41FC-69D1-470F-B6E8-E4225D636E2E (resized).jpeg15F6BA06-1DA1-4A48-BC0C-291944B8BC65 (resized).jpeg15F6BA06-1DA1-4A48-BC0C-291944B8BC65 (resized).jpeg23C61F29-A1F4-48F4-AE42-7426ED1B526F (resized).jpeg23C61F29-A1F4-48F4-AE42-7426ED1B526F (resized).jpeg99CD011A-5620-4C88-9289-24A03CBE1066 (resized).jpeg99CD011A-5620-4C88-9289-24A03CBE1066 (resized).jpeg84182473-5E10-458F-958F-A15C2388D772 (resized).jpeg84182473-5E10-458F-958F-A15C2388D772 (resized).jpeg6E2E9DF2-E26B-43B4-8DC8-34C9D5929204 (resized).jpeg6E2E9DF2-E26B-43B4-8DC8-34C9D5929204 (resized).jpegF1FCE084-F760-4DA0-A7C9-507084EFB7C5 (resized).jpegF1FCE084-F760-4DA0-A7C9-507084EFB7C5 (resized).jpegE2E1A9B4-06D7-4243-B773-56EBA7AA503A (resized).jpegE2E1A9B4-06D7-4243-B773-56EBA7AA503A (resized).jpegFCC840A6-F9CF-4EB2-B9C2-EFD5BCA0DDE6 (resized).jpegFCC840A6-F9CF-4EB2-B9C2-EFD5BCA0DDE6 (resized).jpeg
#243 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here are step by step photos of my install. Hopefully this helps answer your question.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for trying to help but I have the premium PinShakers kit. The board is mounted to the power supply but as far as I can tell they are just loose on the bottom of the cabinet. Here are pictures showing that it can slide around.

IMG_20200322_123949308 (resized).jpgIMG_20200322_123949308 (resized).jpgIMG_20200322_123956828 (resized).jpgIMG_20200322_123956828 (resized).jpg
#244 4 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I just bought a premium kit. Simple question... I don't see anything that indicates to "mount" the power supply & board to the cabinet, does it just sit loose?

Yes, there are no mounting provisions for the power supply. If you secure the cables using the wire bundle loops in the cabinet it shouldn't go anywhere. You will certainly want to make sure it is secure in place though before trying to transport your machine.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

2 months later
#245 3 years ago

I have a shaker coming in the mail and would like some advice. I'd like to install on one of the following:

1. STTNG
2. TZ
3. TOTAN
4. Shadow

I'm thinking STTNG would be the best fit, with the theme of technology and battles in space. Do any of you have advice about best settings on any of the machines above, especially STTNG?

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 weeks later
#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have a shaker coming in the mail and would like some advice. I'd like to install on one of the following:
1. STTNG
2. TZ
3. TOTAN
4. Shadow
I'm thinking STTNG would be the best fit, with the theme of technology and battles in space. Do any of you have advice about best settings on any of the machines above, especially STTNG?
Thanks in advance for your help!

At some point I had a shaker in my next gen I really enjoyed it.

#247 3 years ago

I know I'm replying to a 3 week old question, but definitely STTNG. I had the Pinbits shaker in mine and it was great. With the added flexibility of the Pinshaker it could only be better.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I know I'm replying to a 3 week old question, but definitely STTNG. I had the Pinbits shaker in mine and it was great. With the added flexibility of the Pinshaker it could only be better.

I did go with STTNG. I'm going to splice from other connectors to customize it a bit more. So far the pops, slings and Delta diverter are awesome. I want to add kickback and canons though. The new version would allow this without the splice, but them's the brakes.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I did go with STTNG. I'm going to splice from other connectors to customize it a bit more.

Thanks but I would not suggest you do this. If you attempt to customize the shaker kit then there is a good chance you may damage the kit, your pinball machine, or both.

If your desire is to have a particular trigger that is not available with the base kit then I would encourage you to PM me to see if I can create something for you.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Thanks but I would not suggest you do this. If you attempt to customize the shaker kit then there is a good chance you may damage the kit, your pinball machine, or both.
If your desire is to have a particular trigger that is not available with the base kit then I would encourage you to PM me to see if I can create something for you.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

Don't the little boards each communicate the same way? My plan was to remove pins from the shaker connector board for solenoids I'm not using and splice from solenoid pins on the main board that I want to use. This would create a passive read that is the same, no?

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit/page/5?hl=andy1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.