20211022_190437 (resized).jpg
20211022_191554 (resized).jpg
app (resized).jpg
wpc premium board only (resized).jpg
Premium Board Highlights (resized).jpg
WPC board only (resized).jpg
wpc-standard313 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200322_123956828 (resized).jpg
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hi blackjacker.
This is a great question. There would be no magic smoke, however the problem is the board is designed to only isolate 8 inputs. So you would have to be sure to make the harness so that only a total of 8 different inputs are going into the board at a given time. Yes you could make the harness to say take 5 inputs from J112, and 2 inputs from J114, and 1 input from J115, for a total of 8 total inputs. The problem only occurs if you try to connect 9 or more inputs at a time. Even then, if you did that there still will not be any smoke. What would happen is it would cause a situation where when one of the flashers went off, it would cause a different flasher to go off as well when it isn't supposed to. Hope that makes sense?
I have no problem making a custom harness like that at no additional charge, just let me know ahead of time before I ship the kit to you. I would prefer that I do it because I have all the proper tools and materials to make sure it is done right. Plus I can test it prior to shipping it out to you.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

That’s great info, and super-cool of you to offer the harness-making. Thanks!

#102 4 years ago

This could be fascinating in BSD

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

This could be fascinating in BSD

Definitely, the shaker could fire with every crack of thunder.

#104 4 years ago

Well there goes some more money...Keep up the good work!! These will be amazing!!

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hi mollyspub,
We haven't been able to test any magnets though yet so we aren't signing those off as safe to use until we do.

Great idea. Thrilled that you are doing this.

I was looking at TAF (and WH2O, FH, and eventually Tommy). For TAF, I would think that the flashers in the topper would be ideal to connect to J126-6. Perhaps the motor for The Thing J122-1. Maybe The Thing flipper, too which would require connection to the Fliptronics board - so that might not work. Bookcase motor J122-3. And Swamp release J122-4.

But it would be great to connect to (likely just one of) the magnets in the center of the playfield. Since that is J126-7 or 8, I would think that would work as well as any other flasher?

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Great idea. Thrilled that you are doing this.
I was looking at TAF (and WH2O, FH, and eventually Tommy). For TAF, I would think that the flashers in the topper would be ideal to connect to J126-6. Perhaps the motor for The Thing J122-1. Maybe The Thing flipper, too which would require connection to the Fliptronics board - so that might not work. Bookcase motor J122-3. And Swamp release J122-4.
But it would be great to connect to (likely just one of) the magnets in the center of the playfield. Since that is J126-7 or 8, I would think that would work as well as any other flasher?

Thanks for the interest and the questions.

We are currently in the process of testing the shaker motor with magnets and other motors etc. We will update everyone with the results.

One thing to keep in mind, is that our program is designed with a fail safe mechanism. If a flasher, or solenoid, or anything you set as the trigger is stuck on, or just remains on; the motor will not run continuously. The program requires that a full "pulse" (on and then off) be completed prior to the motor running. With that being said, in the case of using a magnet as the trigger, one would have to understand that magnets sometimes come on and stay on for a few seconds while they hold the ball etc. So if that were to happen, the motor would simply wait until the magnet turns off before it began shaking. So, this may not provide the ideal experience as there would be somewhat of a delay in when the motor triggers I guess is the best way to describe it?

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Thanks for the interest and the questions.
We are currently in the process of testing the shaker motor with magnets and other motors etc. We will update everyone with the results.
One thing to keep in mind, is that our program is designed with a fail safe mechanism. If a flasher, or solenoid, or anything you set as the trigger is stuck on, or just remains on; the motor will not run continuously. The program requires that a full "pulse" (on and then off) be completed prior to the motor running. With that being said, in the case of using a magnet as the trigger, one would have to understand that magnets sometimes come on and stay on for a few seconds while they hold the ball etc. So if that were to happen, the motor would simply wait until the magnet turns off before it began shaking. So, this may not provide the ideal experience as there would be somewhat of a delay in when the motor triggers I guess is the best way to describe it?
Hope that helps,
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

Is this fail safe in software? Can you have a simple timer say 10sec or something if you don't catch the "off" trigger within 10sec you just turn it off any way (fail safe) so you can trigger on the "on" pulse for better experience?

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Is this fail safe in software? Can you have a simple timer say 10sec or something if you don't catch the "off" trigger within 10sec you just turn it off any way (fail safe) so you can trigger on the "on" pulse for better experience?

Thanks for this question russsx. Yes the fail safe is set that way in the software, but unfortunately the way the system is designed we are unable to change it.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#109 4 years ago

do you know if this will work with police force?(system 11b) it would be awsesome to have a shaker going when you are doing the right ramp twice steals high score shot.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from illpoet:

do you know if this will work with police force?(system 11b) it would be awesome to have a shaker going when you are doing the right ramp twice steals high score shot.

Hello illpoet,

Thank you for your interest in our Pinshakers universal shaker motor kits. Yes police force is compatible. You can view a complete list of our Sys 11 compatible machines by going to the following link and clicking on the "Game Compatibility" tab.

http://www.pinshakers.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=55

We are working hard to finalize all of the dip switch settings for the Sys 11 line-up and will post those as soon as they are available.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#111 4 years ago

just paid for my 2 kits for Shadow and POTC. really pumped for this. Shakers are my favorite mod.

#112 4 years ago

This is a must have. Can’t wait to get mine.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This is a must have. Can’t wait to get mine.

Anticipation killing me!!!
Addams and Fish tales.

Quoted from woody76:

just paid for my 2 kits for Shadow and POTC. really pumped for this. Shakers are my favorite mod.

Shakers are by far the best mod other than colordmd....sorry, i always go color first.

#114 4 years ago

Starting to get excited

1541057B-A768-4D81-BB4B-A77A9A7E7960 (resized).jpeg1541057B-A768-4D81-BB4B-A77A9A7E7960 (resized).jpeg
#115 4 years ago

sweet. I think those 2 in the middle are mine.

#116 4 years ago

Got my 2 shakers today. Will post again once I get them installed, but everything looks great.

#117 4 years ago

Just finished installing the shaker in my Funhouse. This was the easiest shaker install I have done. All the parts you need are included. The instructions were also very clear and correct. The only thing I did wrong was to run the short power cord up the back box. The 6' power extension cord is already in the harness that goes from the back box down to the lower cabinet.

I set my shaker to go off with the Rudy flasher only. It works great. I like that you are able to adjust the intensity of the shaking.

Well thought out product. May have to put one in CV.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just finished installing the shaker in my Funhouse. This was the easiest shaker install I have done. All the parts you need are included. The instructions were also very clear and correct. The only thing I did wrong was to run the short power cord up the back box. The 6' power extension cord is already in the harness that goes from the back box down to the lower cabinet.
I set my shaker to go off with the Rudy flasher only. It works great. I like that you are able to adjust the intensity of the shaking.

Thank you so much for your review, I am really glad you like the kit! If you have any problems or questions please give us a call using the number on your invoice.

Since you are the first review, I am going to present you with a 10% discount you can use on your CV!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Will probably try to install one of mine tonight. I will say everything looks very professional and detailed. The instructions are fantastic with color print and lots of detail.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Pm sent

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Thank you so much for your review, I am really glad you like the kit! If you have any problems or questions please give us a call using the number on your invoice.
Since you are the first review, I am going to present you with a 10% discount you can use on your CV!
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

Thank you Robert!

#122 4 years ago

If you guys wouldn't mind could you please post a pic or two of your install after you complete it? That would be greatly appreciated! It would be nice to see what these kits look like in various machines.

Thanks!

Robert

#123 4 years ago

Here are some pics from my Funhouse install.

20190820_160318 (resized).jpg20190820_160318 (resized).jpg20190820_160330 (resized).jpg20190820_160330 (resized).jpg20190820_160349 (resized).jpg20190820_160349 (resized).jpg20190820_160437 (resized).jpg20190820_160437 (resized).jpg20190820_160444 (resized).jpg20190820_160444 (resized).jpg
#124 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Here are some pics from my Funhouse install.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics. I got mine yesterday, probably won't be able to install until Saturday. Funhouse seems to be a popular choice. I can't wait for the machine to shake every time I bash Rudy in the face!

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Thanks for the pics. I got mine yesterday, probably won't be able to install until Saturday. Funhouse seems to be a popular choice. I can't wait for the machine to shake every time I bash Rudy in the face!

It is so much better now!

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

if you are in a country with a machine set for 230/240vac and are interested in beta testing one of our kits with your machine, then we would love to hear from you. Just send us a PM and we can go from there.

Contacted Robert per PM that i was willing to be a Beta-tester for overseas Europe at 240VAC
We spoke about the risks and what the tests would involve.
Robert was very clear in how the proces should go and all the videos on his website were very helpfull.
Since i was the first on 240VAC to test, he provided me with extra pictures how to measure things, so all would go smooth upon arrival of the kit.

IMG_1615 (resized).jpgIMG_1615 (resized).jpg

We agreed that i would test the shaker in my Creature (WPC-game) and in MM (WPC-95)
My kit came with two tranformer splitters to accomodate the two different transformer styles.

First up was Creature, placed the drill-guide, but on Creature you have a board inside the cabinet and the moving mirror. So placement was a little try-and-error.

IMG_1617 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1617 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1619 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1619 2 (resized).jpg

Following the instruction videos the rest of the installation is done in minutes, very easy.
Started with Harnas-A Flashers and put on all the dipswitches that were available for Creech, and fired the machine up … and it works!
With all the available triggers it just got out of hands with the shaking action, but the beauty of this kit is you can adjust the triggers by just flipping the dipswitches on or off to your liking, aswell as the shake-intensity which is controlled by a potmeter.
Just play a few games to get a feel when you want it to shake, or not.

Creature is one of the few games that has occupied J128/J129 connectors, My harnas-B did not have an inline connector to split with a Z-connector (that's why there are beta-testers )
But replacing the game-connectors with the Pinshaker harnas-ones got the shaker working when the solenoids are triggered, but the solenoids don't fire hence the game connectors are not attached. (Given this feedback to Robert, so this is adressed for future customers)

Let's try this baby in MM!

IMG_1622 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1622 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1623 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1623 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1627 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1627 2 (resized).jpg

Second time installation goes very quick (you have done it before, so you are more confident )
Only took 20 minutes to install, including drilling the holes.
Began with Harnas-A Flashers, and like Creech i first put on all the triggers ….Wow!
Every shot results in a shake, little bit overkill, powered machine down and choose Left-Ramp Right-Ramp and Castle-Flasher and put the potmeter on 50%
Just perfect!

The theme lends itself to a perfect match with a shaker, makes a big difference in game-experience.
Harnas-B Solenoids also worked as it should, but since MM is quite flasher-happy, and after some tuning in which ones you like, I feel the harnas A gives you more control to balance the shaker-action. (this maybe different for other machines, so you have the ability to experiment)

Conclusion:
A very professional and well toughtout shaker kit
Complete reversable, except the 4 holes you have to drill in the cabinet-floor.
Configurable how you want to trigger the shaker for flashers or solenoids (up to 8 triggers or less)
The power of the shake is controlled with a potmeter which has a nice range.
Robert is a very nice guy who goes out of his way to help you with any questions or problem that may arise.

Downside:
After installing this kit, you immediatly want them for other titles!
(for me i want one for ST:TNG and BSD, MM keeps the already installed one)

So buyer beware, if you experience this kit, you want to have more

Congrats Robert, on such a nice product!

Thor-NL aka Jelle Nelemans The Netherlands

#127 4 years ago

All the parts in the picture might look overwhelming at first, but it’s really not. It’s just a few simple steps to install it, all plug and play, anyone can easily do it. The first one you install will take 30-40 minutes, the second one will be half that time. Love the one on my wh20 and will be installing one on my shadow and tspp.

#128 4 years ago

Been busy this week but will get my 2 installed this weekend. Shadow and POTC. Can't wait.

Hey TWIPY pinball awards: mod of the year

#129 4 years ago

Robert. Question for you. On my Addams Gold, can I hook it up to shake when the magnets energize?

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Robert. Question for you. On my Addams Gold, can I hook it up to shake when the magnets energize?

From Robert's earlier post on magnets as triggers:

Quoted from robgo777:

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Answered in post #106

#132 4 years ago

Couple comments/idea.
On Funhouse, doesn't the board on the front left of the cabinet have a 12v tap? I understand taking stress off the driver board but to me if the power is there that's an ideal power tap and less mess.

Secondly, the one thing I wish I had done differently when I installed a shaker in my LOTR (pinballlife kit) was to put it in the middle of the cabinet instead of the front left. Physics ... duh. It stands to reason reverberation will occur more on the side/area it's mounted on. I think on most pins, there's likely room enough between the speaker and the cross brace. Add a couple wire loops to clean it up and BAM!

When funds free up definently will add one to my TAF AND FH. I think about the current machines with a shaker installed from factory and how they interact. Used tastefully and sparingly. Both very important. I think on TAF, the topper GI (used sparingly) bookcase motor (some what sparingly), train target (most people go for ramp so used sparingly). Thing is used quite a bit and honestly I think would get annoying real quick especially for the length of time it runs. Maybe the vault switch? Would love to hear others ideas on physical placement and incorporating.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Couple comments/idea.
On Funhouse, doesn't the board on the front left of the cabinet have a 12v tap? I understand taking stress off the driver board but to me if the power is there that's an ideal power tap and less mess.
Secondly, the one thing I wish I had done differently when I installed a shaker in my LOTR (pinballlife kit) was to put it in the middle of the cabinet instead of the front left. Physics ... duh. It stands to reason reverberation will occur more on the side/area it's mounted on. I think on most pins, there's likely room enough between the speaker and the cross brace. Add a couple wire loops to clean it up and BAM!
When funds free up definently will add one to my TAF AND FH. I think about the current machines with a shaker installed from factory and how they interact. Used tastefully and sparingly. Both very important. I think on TAF, the topper GI (used sparingly) bookcase motor (some what sparingly), train target (most people go for ramp so used sparingly). Thing is used quite a bit and honestly I think would get annoying real quick especially for the length of time it runs. Maybe the vault switch? Would love to hear others ideas on physical placement and incorporating.

The beauty of this setup is that it doesn’t draw any power from the game, to me that’s a substantial benefit over other setups. In most cases it connects before the transformer.

#134 4 years ago

Got my payment invoice today. One Bram stokers Dracula shaker coming up!

#135 4 years ago

Like Pinstadium is king of the lighting issue on the playfield, Robert is now king of the best pinshaker on the market. Hands down.

#136 4 years ago

This looks awesome. Here is a suggestion to help make this mod attractive to even more of the potential users.

Some people aren't quite as creative as others. Perhaps something could be done to capture user input and/or manufacturer recommendations on best triggers to use by game title? Something that would be easy to access when looking for info for a specific game title. Each entry would specify the triggers used for a title, and a little bit about why those chosen triggers are good. Multiple entries for a title could be possible.

#137 4 years ago

documented my shadow install in the shadow club https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/125#post-5169015

Great mod!

#138 4 years ago

This looks great. Thanks to everyone for sharing installation and testing experiences.
Any idea how this will compare to the PinSound version that is coming...?

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

This looks awesome. Here is a suggestion to help make this mod attractive to even more of the potential users.
Some people aren't quite as creative as others. Perhaps something could be done to capture user input and/or manufacturer recommendations on best triggers to use by game title? Something that would be easy to access when looking for info for a specific game title. Each entry would specify the triggers used for a title, and a little bit about why those chosen triggers are good. Multiple entries for a title could be possible.

I like this idea, I have created a new topic specifically so everyone can share what settings they prefer...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-favorite-pinshakers-shaker-motor-trigger-settings#post-5170057

#140 4 years ago

Sorry it took so long but been crazy busy. Got my shaker package a couple weeks ago for shadow and potc. Installed shadow tonight after dinner and it took about 30 minutes. There is no need for me to document anything or take pictures because his install instructions are VERY good and detailed and in color. Everything about his shaker package is top notch. I did the flasher install and tested and did the solenoid install and tested. I prefer to feed off the flashers. When multiball starts it is great. I have all my available flasher dip switches on at the moment and like it. Overall a huge thumbs up for pinshakers.

Will hopefully get potc installed this week and will report back about it soon. If anyone has any suggestions about what to trigger off of with potc let me know. I am assuming flashers on it as well.

#141 4 years ago

Installed in a whitewater .....now just have to find my comfort zone with my settings ....

IMG_20190828_1204578 (resized).jpgIMG_20190828_1204578 (resized).jpg
#142 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Installed in a whitewater .....now just have to find my comfort zone with my settings ....

Perhaps start with the settings Lermods posted
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-favorite-pinshakers-shaker-motor-trigger-settings#post-5170225

#143 4 years ago

My apologies if the answer should be obvious to me but I read and searched and couldn't find it ...

Will this work in the MM remake?

The PPS shaker doesn't offer any flexibility so I hope this shaker will work.

thanks

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

My apologies if the answer should be obvious to me but I read and searched and couldn't find it ...
Will this work in the MM remake?
The PPS shaker doesn't offer any flexibility so I hope this shaker will work.
thanks

No, it won’t currently work with the ramake, different board set.

#145 4 years ago

Installed in my Funhouse today. Directions were great. Everything was labeled nicely. Top notch packaging. I chose Rudy and blue light for flashers. It shakes when I hit Rudy, out of the scoop, and it seems like a handful of other times. I was worried only Rudy hits wouldn't be enough. So far I'm happy with how much it shakes and it makes sense in the game. I may look into a way to get pops to shake as well, I think this would require a custom harness. Install was around an hour, but I involved my kids. I think a 2nd install would be under a half hour. Highly recommend.

#146 4 years ago

I ordered one for my bop but considering moving it to my funhouse. Will the harness and instructions be the same?

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I ordered one for my bop but considering moving it to my funhouse. Will the harness and instructions be the same?

Any insight on a doctor who install?

I see they are still on pre order for WPC titles?

I would very much like to install on my Williams IJ.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Hello Scoot,

Everything is the same except for the dip switch settings. You will use the Funhouse settings instead of the BoP ones that came with your kit. You can find the full list of all the settings on our website. I have also attached the Funhouse settings here for your reference.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

funhouse.pdffunhouse.pdf
#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Installed in my Funhouse today. Directions were great. Everything was labeled nicely. Top notch packaging. I chose Rudy and blue light for flashers. It shakes when I hit Rudy, out of the scoop, and it seems like a handful of other times. I was worried only Rudy hits wouldn't be enough. So far I'm happy with how much it shakes and it makes sense in the game. I may look into a way to get pops to shake as well, I think this would require a custom harness. Install was around an hour, but I involved my kids. I think a 2nd install would be under a half hour. Highly recommend.

Hi Shredso,

I am glad you are enjoying your kit. If you wanted to mix triggers between harnesses "A" and "B" then yes that would require a custom harness. Please send me a message with your order number as well as which triggers you want and I will make one for you and send it out next week.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Any insight on a doctor who install?
I see they are still on pre order for WPC titles?

Hello pinballinreno,

Yes Dr. Who is currently supported. You can find it under the WPC kit and at the following link:

http://www.pinshakers.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=50

We are just about caught up with all of the pre-orders and will start having a positive stock of kits available in the next few days.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit/page/3?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.