Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by epotech
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NewLCD_Back (resized).png
    NewLCD_Front (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

INTRODUCING THE "NEW" COLORDMD LCD

The ColorDMD LCD is back in stock! Beginning with our October production run, our LCD product line has also been updated to feature an ultrathin IPS screen, similar to those offered in newer laptops.

These newer screens use a high-speed embedded DisplayPort interface which required a change to our control board and device driver. All games ROMs have been updated to provide support for both newer and previous LCD screen models. These new ROMs feature a new revision number 4.x.

In addition to some minor revisions to the LCD bracket for mounting and protection of the ultrathin screen, we also relocated the position of the control board to allow direct installation of LCD displays in Capcom games.

In other respects, the updated LCD product is similar in appearance and user experience to previous models. At this time, the price of ColorDMD LCD displays also remains unchanged.

ColorDMD LCD displays are in stock now and available for immediate shipping.
    NewLCD_Front (resized).pngNewLCD_Front (resized).pngNewLCD_Back (resized).pngNewLCD_Back (resized).png

#2 4 years ago

More important: what's the "new" price.

##Edit:
    Sorry, must learn to read. Prices are unchanged.

#3 4 years ago

Morning bump

#4 4 years ago

Congrats to ColorDMD for the New upgraded display!
    Thinner is better in the long run and will help fit into tight games.
    I believe you can put this in Pinball Magic now instead of the LED version.

#5 4 years ago

This would look great in my Mustang... if Mustang was supported

(Yes, I will keep asking about supporting Mustang in every thread. Hopefully it happens before I get tired of the game and sell it.)

#6 4 years ago

DisplayPort interface, great!

Dmod I cannot tell from your website nor the pictures above, do you have an pass through connector on the board to drive an external monitor? Something that could be located outside of the pinball backbox?

Just curious.

#7 4 years ago

No link and no price. Makes it hard to purchase.

#9 4 years ago

I think the old panels were TN variety and had poor viewing angles. That's not much of an issue for the player, but anyone watching from the side got a degraded view of the screen. I'm glad to see a better panel is being used now.

Rob

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

I think the old panels were TN variety and had poor viewing angles. That's not much of an issue for the player, but anyone watching from the side got a degraded view of the screen. I'm glad to see a better panel is being used now.
    Rob

This isn't really fair. ColorDMD always used quality LCD panels with the best viewing angles they could get. Sure, they weren't perfect, but they were no where near "poor". They made this change because the original panels are long since NLA and almost impossible to find in quantity.

#11 4 years ago

ROM UPDATES / BUG FIXES

We found and corrected a couple of bugs that crept into the recent 4.0 color ROM releases that add support for new LCD displays.

The bugs only affected a limited number of SAM and WPC ROMs, but we have posted updates to all ROMs with the corrections. The new ROMs are versioned 4.1.

If you have installed a 4.0 ROM and have observed any video errors, please consider updating to the new 4.1 version.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

This would look great in my Mustang... if Mustang was supported
    (Yes, I will keep asking about supporting Mustang in every thread. Hopefully it happens before I get tired of the game and sell it.)

Maybe smartDMD is an option? You can create your own color files and of course share them here.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

No link and no price. Makes it hard to purchase.

Well, got some great news man. Especially for you someone created a whole new "now we can search for things" website. Let me make it easy for you by supplying a convenient "you're one mouseclick away from heaven" link to that site.

https://www.google.com

You're welcome.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from HarrieD:

Well, got some great news man. Especially for you someone created a whole new "now we can search for things" website. Let me make it easy for you by supplying a convenient "you're one mouseclick away from heaven" link to that site.
    https://www.google.com
    You're welcome.

tosser.

The thread was started to announce a new product. It's kind of defeatist to announce a new product sold in an online web store and not provide a link.
    I was pointing out that the link was missing in my clumsy way.

2 weeks later
    #15 4 years ago

A asks: hey, what does tosser mean?
    B answers: duh, it means: wanker.
    A thinks: what a tosser.
    B thinks: damn, i'm smart...

Been thinking about buying the ColorDMD for a long while, now may have to do so with an upgraded viewing angle/quality LCD for my PM. TY for having this thread, and making color displays available for those that would like them. As for the open source approach to colorization file sharing idea... I tried this with some like product (may have been this product) designers of said back at '11 Expo, and was given a rather cold shoulder about it. I suspect this was mostly due to a desire to control quality, and make money at the same time.

#16 4 years ago

be nice if they'd added a HDMI out at the same time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-new-colordmd-lcd?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.