(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 531 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by Richkay
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarbyjibbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#414 1 year ago

10 ordered up!

1 week later
    #416 1 year ago

Ok so I got my pinshields. They make a great work mat and look slick but I really bought them to prevent from having to clean the glass after long periods of not playing them. The problem is every time I put them, on I get this residue on my glass. I took them to my kitchen island and thoroughly washed them with dish soap to get everything off of them but the photo is what still happens. A little frustrating that they actually make the glass worse by using them.

What can be done to prevent this?

20221204_184515 (resized).jpg20221204_184515 (resized).jpg
    #418 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

It was suggested earlier in this thread to clean the glass-facing side of the PinShield with Sprayway or similar non-ammonia cleaner, as there may be some residue left from the packaging/rolling process.
    I got those same marks with mine on PDI and Invisiglass, even after cleaning them, so I stopped using them. I may pull them back out and try another deep clean on them, as I do like their utility when I’m moving things or working in the game room and want to protect the glass.
    See this post for one of the first mentions from someone else seeing these marks:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector/page/7#post-6498881

Mine is on PDI as well. So I guess you never found a solution? That's too bad. I figured scrubbing the crap out of them with dish soap would have gotten everything off that was going to come off. I've got some purple power, I'm going to give that a shot on one of them.

2 months later
    #428 1 year ago

I've used purple power at half strength to no effect as well as dawn dish soap. I haven't tried vinegar yet though. Any idea on the ratio? 50\50? I bought like 8 I now hesitate to use as I don't want to have to use cleaner on my optical glass anymore than I have to.

5 months later
    #452 7 months ago
    Quoted from pbot:

Since I also have those ugly marks from Pinshield all over the glass of my pinball: Do I need to clean the back of Pinshield (the side that lays on the glass) with that Sprayway cleaner - and how often before those annoying marks are gone?
    As others have stated here: Since this is an issue several users reported, why does Pinshield not clean them before_ he sends them out to customers, or switch to a different material that does not leave those marks?
    While I tend to like the product, the situation with those marks is annoying

I tried to scrub them aggressively with soapy water and while it made a big mess on my counter, it didn't help the spots. I haven't tried the "Windex with vinegar" mentioned to work above as I just have them rolled up in my spare room now. I'll hopefully get around to it eventually.

4 weeks later
    #472 6 months ago

Honestly I just wish I knew all this before I bought 9 of them. I probably still would have bought 1 or 2 for when I'm working on an adjacent machine but I wouldn't have bought enough to cover all of them.

#475 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

My towels work great for this. Arguably better. I understand everyone is uppity and they need the best...that's cool, but a $7 stolen from the Nashville Hilton bath towel works amazeballs for covering my CQ TAFG while I'm balls deep in my CQ FT or the CQ TZ next to it. Seriously....that's just fine. Not so seriously none of those are CQ, but close and I care a TON about keeping them that way and a stolen hilton towel works just fine.

And towels were what I've used for 20+ years. The problem that i found with them is that they would sometimes slide down/off the pin or sometimes the items I had laying on them would roll/slide off. Other than that, it's a pretty good and workable solution.

#479 6 months ago

I would just add to not lose sight of the fact that for those that have optically treated PF glass, the less frequent cleaning the better. Not saying that everyone falls into this bucket but it's an additional factor to consider. Especially when they thought this would help them in that regard and it turns out otherwise.

#491 6 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Interesting. So this was not able to be wiped off? What kind of rails were these (powder coated, stainless, chrome, etc.)?
    I'd be worried just having the PinShield in close proximity to the side rails that it could damage them on accident. Thank you.
    Has anyone used this: https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-glass-dust-cover.html ? How is it?

No but I was thinking about it until I found Pinshields. The biggest factor is obviously cost if you are looking to do ~10 pins but also the fact that they don't offer it in widebody (for obvious reasons).

2 weeks later
    #513 6 months ago

The new product we need now is a Pinshield protector protector to protect your glass from the Pinshield that is protecting your glass.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarbyjibbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector?tu=jarbyjibbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.