(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 4 years ago

I use themed blakets or towels for my games, but they like to slide off from time to time. I think I might have to get these to put on the glass and then my towels and blankets wont slide off! lol

Seriously though... I think I might!

2 weeks later
    #84 4 years ago

I agree that they look better sitting between the rails and lockbar, but protect more by covering them. I would probably opt for the better protection over cosmetics personally. Either way, I am probably down for 3 of them. 2 widebodys and a standard.

2 weeks later
    #109 4 years ago

I received all 3 of mine and am very happy with the quality and fit. While I will still use my towels and throw blankets that are themed with my pins, these go down under them and actually keep the towels and blankets from sliding off which they had a tendency to do. And when I am working on one of my pins, I remove the towel or blanket on the pin next to it and I have a nice padded, no slip surface to put my tools and parts on. Very happy with my purchase!

2 months later
    #149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

Thanks again calf demon and if you decide you want more in the future I’m in Santa Clarita once a week. I could just drop them off and save shipping!

I sent you a PM a few days ago... Check your messages when you get a chance.

1 month later
    #176 4 years ago

If you like to have your pins uncovered all the time so you can see them, then it doesn't make sense. If you like to keep your pins covered to protect from light, dust, cats, whatever.. then it makes perfect sense. Many like to cover their pins when not in use, many like to keep them uncovered. Neither side is going to agree... Who cares? The mats are great if you have a use for them. Some people's uses are different than others. They look great AND they are very useful as a protector when working on a pin next to it.

7 months later
    #224 3 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

Justin has been quick to respond with my last few orders. Great product with fast shipping too!
    [quoted image]

You should have gotten them in gold to match all those daytime Emmys!! lol

3 months later
    1 month later
    #276 3 years ago

Mod idea I am giving away for free because I don't have the time or means to make them. Someone make custom Pinshield logo stickers (just the shield) that can be printed with a game name or abbreviation. Then the sticker can be applied to the shield on the Pinshield, making it custom for that game. It would help when you have a bunch of them off and you want to put them back on the same games that you took them off of (some fit certain games better than others).

It could be a simple white shield shaped sticker with WOZ or AFM in it. Or you could actually do custom backgrounds from that particular game and the acronym in it. Whatever you decide and how artistic you want to get. But this way, you could identify your mats to your game. And when you sell a game, if you want to keep the pinshield and use it elsewhere, its as easy and switching out a sticker.

Whoever makes them would mostly need a way to print out the custom shaped stickers, and then stockpile a bunch of custom art, or fonts, or however you wanted to do them on their computer. And then just print out the stickers as they are ordered.

Anyway, I would be a buyer for 5 of the stickers...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector?tu=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.