(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 week later
    #131 4 years ago

Got my order today from BF. Was honestly a little worried because I hadn't ordered any prior to this... so it was sight unseen.
    They arrived today; packed well... and enough for all my machines.

I was only able to install the Pin2k version because I had already collapsed my pinball machines in preparation for a new garage door install (hopefully later this week). Looks like it fit like it should.

Pinshield - suggestion:
    Use plastic stretch wrap instead of elastic hair bands to keep them rolled up. There was a noticeable "compression" defect in the Pin2k mat I unrolled. Maybe it's just temporary and will "decompress" over time - At least I hope so.

I'd also suggest a label somewhere on the pinmat for sizes. As you know; I ordered three different sizes... and when I have a pinball party; they'll be all removed at the same time. I just don't want to have to figure out which mat is which thru elimination. ;D Maybe a label on both ends (top and bottom).

Other than that; these look to be good quality and will do a very good job of keeping the dust off my pins.

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

They decompress Zitt. I had the same concern but all good.

Correct. I withdraw my "complaint" as it did decompress when unrolled and left on the machine.
    Not the ideal "new out of box" experience; so maybe a short note in the pinmat box explaining the issue - would eliminate any concerns.

3 weeks later
    #146 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

On purpose or happy accident?

On purpose. He said something about it previously in the thread IIRC.
    Nice design feature IMHO.

1 week later
    #155 4 years ago

Let us know if you are going to be sending PinShields to TPF'20 in March... or to someone whom might have a booth.
    I'm getting a new game in Feb... and would like to get a new Pinshield and avoid shipping if possible.

8 months later
    #219 3 years ago

I agree. Have my entire "fleet" protected by Pinshield ... defiantly a nice product given I frequently use my machines as shipping benches.

3 weeks later
    #226 3 years ago

Jimmy has the strangest collection. Congrats on the shields.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from Only68s:

my HOA won’t let me cover the windows in the garage door so I need UV protection.

ZOMG. Overreach much? I really don't like HOAs.
    I'm not sure what my hoa rules are in this regard. When I moved in they had mirror tint on my Garage Door windows. Is that something you could quietly do?

1 month later
    #250 3 years ago

I really enjoyed last years black Friday sale.
    I won't be participating in BF this year; as I have a complete set for my games... but maybe some others would benifit.

1 month later
    #254 3 years ago

Dat cat tho... Stranger thinks indeed.

2 months later
    #284 3 years ago

Red would look good on a premium star trek, but blue for a star trek LE.

1 month later
    #295 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is a really neat product.

So neat that ... A major manufacturer stole the idea... which really does piss me off.
    I really wish the Op had patented the idea so he could extort money from that manufacturer.

#297 2 years ago

No. Pinarmor was by a different guy.

#299 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Stern had Pinarmor as well but I think they teamed up with the original creator to produce it with thier logo.

Yeah; Stern did "license" from Pinarmor IIRC correctly.... because if not The patent would have given the Pinarmor team an easy win.
    You know they didn't license from Pin Shield... just stole the idea.

It's one of many reasons I won't buy another nib from them.

4 months later
    #350 2 years ago

I don't play my machines enough... And leave the pinshield on to let me use the machines to ship customer orders.
    I've not really noticed any residue issues, but I bought early batches

1 year later
    #445 10 months ago

I love that they keep dust and tools off my pins. They also make the surface slide resistant for boxes. Helps to protect my glass from scratching.

I rarely play my games... So either way im going to have to clean the glass.

3 months later
    #478 7 months ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

So you seriously think cleaning my 9 pins a few times a week for about a year now is a good solution?

If you are doing this several times a week then; no.
    But for some of us... whom may go months without visiting our machines; the benefits Pinshields is self exclamatory.
    For those of us in this boat; the dust collected by said machine while "idle" is well worth the cost of admission.

Let's try not to make a mountain out of your narrow pet peeve.

#485 7 months ago

Thing I don't like about the moving blankets is I'm always fighting them to stay on the machines. Maybe a better fit would help. With the Pinshields; I just unroll and leave them. Come back months later; roll them up and wipe down the machine because dust still collects on side rails and lockdown bar.

#498 7 months ago

So; Seller/Shipper uses a product outside of it's intended use case... and Buyer blames product?
    K

Granted; it sucks this happened to the Buyer. But it's unclear why the Buyer chooses to blame the product.
    It's clear the product works as intended. Some people have justified concerns about the product; but this shouldn't be one of them.

2 weeks later
    #515 6 months ago

Do they grip the glass so you can set boxes or tools on the top of the towel?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.