(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 2 years ago

I just received a couple PinShields. They were pretty tacky and left considerable marks on the glass (same as posted by others). I had to give them a good wipe down and the issue is gone. It feels like mold release to me. Just a leftover from the manufacturing process. It is a good product just know you might need to do a little work before installing them.

2 months later
    #383 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Others have reported that issue as well and it's the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. My gameroom tends to gets a lot of dust so the reason I wanted to get these was so I didn't have to keep wiping down the glass. Currently I have towels on my machines which don't look as aesthetically pleasing as these pinshields however they do the job of keeping the glass clean. Having to wipe down the glass to remove the pattern these leave defeats the purpose in my case where I am trying to avoid having to wipe down the glass in the first place. I'm hoping the issue eventually gets resolved because it seems to have just started to happen on some of the recent batches over the past few months because you rarely seen complaints about this early on in this thread.

Just wipe down the product with a glass cleaner to cut the film when you get them. It is a pain but also a non-issue after that. I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger.

4 months later
    7 months later
    #415 1 year ago

I received my Black Friday Pinshields today. I have most of my games using them now. I decided to purchase my first white one for my Star Gazer. I am not complaining, more of an observation. The color is more cream and is slightly translucent. I haven't seen the translucent properties in any other color. Anyway, it lights up kind of cool when my game is in attract mode.

20221130_184031 (resized).jpg20221130_184031 (resized).jpg20221130_184149 (resized).jpg20221130_184149 (resized).jpg
    #419 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Mine is on PDI as well. So I guess you never found a solution? That's too bad. I figured scrubbing the crap out of them with dish soap would have gotten everything off that was going to come off. I've got some purple power, I'm going to give that a shot on one of them.

I have found the problem is more prevalent in the colored Pinshields. It is a pain but goes away after a couple of good cleanings of glass cleaner.

4 months later
    #441 12 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is Pinshield out of business I'm guessing? I dug out some towels that are the perfect size, for now.

Here is the link to the Pinside shop if you are interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1214-pinshield/02863-pinshield-the-perfect-protector-amp-workspace-mat

4 months later
    #476 7 months ago

They dry out pretty fast in dry climates. The problem is residual mold release. Some have more than others. The problem was visible at my Beach house but non-exsistant after a couple months at my Vegas house. It really isn't that big of a deal. I use them to protect the glass and to keep light off the idle playfields. The games look nice and presentable with the Pinshield installed. Everything gets wiped off regardless if I have a gathering over for some pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.