(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 4 years ago

Hello Pinside,

I'd like to introduce you to a solution for protecting your pinball machines glass and playfield while not in use. PinShield is the premier pinball glass and playfield protector. PinShield provides pinball machine owners with a convenient, safe, and aesthetically pleasing way of protecting their prized pins from the negative effects of UV light. PinShield is available in standard and wide body glass sizes with custom sizing options available. While in use, PinShield acts as a reliable work mat, offering a soft easy to clean texture, providing the right grip for small hand tools, documentation, or circuit boards.

PinShield is available for $14.99 + S&H

International shipping available

Please PM me for questions, comments, or concerns

Thank you for your consideration,
    PinShield
    IMG_5974 (resized).jpgIMG_5974 (resized).jpgIMG_5975 (resized).jpgIMG_5975 (resized).jpgIMG_5831 (resized).jpgIMG_5831 (resized).jpgIMG_5835 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_5835 - Copy (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Honest question, is it just a rug?

#3 4 years ago

Nice idea. Kind of reminds me of the mats you hang over the front fenders of a car when you are working inside the engine compartment.

#4 4 years ago

Is it grippy on the underside to to keep it from sliding?

#5 4 years ago

These are made out of a material I am quite familiar with! Great idea, and good pricing! If you can get somebody to print an image on these, I am in big time.

#6 4 years ago

Interested but please answer the above posts.

#7 4 years ago

Shoot. I already moved my games in from the backyard.

#8 4 years ago

Cardboard works, not as pretty but a lot cheaper.

#9 4 years ago

Just a thought, maybe donate to this website.

#10 4 years ago

Looks like a yoga mat... good luck!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Honest question, is it just a rug?

No, The material is not cloth in any capacity.

#12 4 years ago

I've been using a cut-down yoga mat like this for years' to do this on the adjacent machine when working on a game. Keeps your tools and everything in place due to the grippy surface. Price isn't bad for something that's already pre-cut.
    yogamat (resized).jpgyogamat (resized).jpg

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Is it grippy on the underside to to keep it from sliding?

It is the same texture on both sides, available in standard and wide body glass sizes with custom sizing options available.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

These are made out of a material I am quite familiar with! Great idea, and good pricing! If you can get somebody to print an image on these, I am in big time.

We are currently in the process of performing testing, utilizing different methods of imposing images onto the mat. Print quality has varied so far but we are close

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looks like a yoga mat... good luck!

The material is of a higher consistency as compared to yoga mat material.

#16 4 years ago

It seems to be neoprene.
    How much is the shipping internationally?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

It seems to be neoprene.
    How much is the shipping internationally?

International rates vary depending on location. PM me your Swiss postal code so that I may calculate the exact shipping cost.

#18 4 years ago

Five suggestions for you.

First off add a location to your user so people have an idea where you are shipping from (if these are being drop shipped likely best to give that location). And also advertise average shipping cost.

Second DONATE to Pinside - it is the least you can do if you are using their site to advertise

Third give people some idea of shipping cost, material item is made from, etc so they have some kind of a clue what they are buying. Not too much detail just enough so they know they are not buying a piece of carpet.

Fourth Offer some kind of an introductory discount (say &12.50 for first 30 days to get your name other there and create some buzz) Then once you get a few feedbacks go to your regular price.

And lastly offer quantity discount - your best customers will likely want a few of these to cover all their machines not just one!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I've been using a cut-down yoga mat like this for years' to do this on the adjacent machine when working on a game. Keeps your tools and everything in place due to the grippy surface. Price isn't bad for something that's already pre-cut.
    [quoted image]

aren't these the same thing but just different color with a stuck on diy logo?

#20 4 years ago

I have a roll of cheap tool box liner that I unroll when putting tools/etc on the adjacent machine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C2LMKTO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0BaEDb5PBCWT7

0.50$/foot

16E66AB9-56FA-4D35-90A9-BD67CE017B20 (resized).jpeg16E66AB9-56FA-4D35-90A9-BD67CE017B20 (resized).jpeg
    #21 4 years ago

What about protecting the cab?

#22 4 years ago

Does this stop ghosting and pooling?

#23 4 years ago

Tool Drawer liner .......

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

We are currently in the process of performing testing, utilizing different methods of imposing images onto the mat. Print quality has varied so far but we are close

Killer!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Five suggestions for you.
    First off add a location to your user so people have an idea where you are shipping from (if these are being drop shipped likely best to give that location). And also advertise average shipping cost.
    Second DONATE to Pinside - it is the least you can do if you are using their site to advertise
    Third give people some idea of shipping cost, material item is made from, etc so they have some kind of a clue what they are buying. Not too much detail just enough so they know they are not buying a piece of carpet.
    Fourth Offer some kind of an introductory discount (say &12.50 for first 30 days to get your name other there and create some buzz) Then once you get a few feedbacks go to your regular price.
    And lastly offer quantity discount - your best customers will likely want a few of these to cover all their machines not just one!

I just finished setting up the seller store so the location has been added. Bakersfield CA 93313

Donation is incoming

I will have an exact shipping cost posted within the next few hours i just have to get down to USPS and weight the box.

$12.50 introductory price is active!

Once I get the shipping estimate i will gladly offer a quantity discount.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Does this stop ghosting and pooling?

Im afraid not, but it will hide the ghosting and pooling so you dont have to see it when you walk by!

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

What about protecting the cab?

Pinball-armor sells a nice cabinet protector

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

Each one is cut to order from a 200 ft roll

#30 4 years ago

The store is now set up and ready to take orders! Thank you!

#31 4 years ago

Run some LEDs around the perimeter and people will go apeshit for them.

GLWS

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Run some LEDs around the perimeter and people will go apeshit for them.
    GLWS

LOL

#33 4 years ago

Find a way to print game logo's on them, and you'll have a winner. But also probably be sued.

#34 4 years ago

$22 shipping for four sound right? They’re prob pretty bulky.

#35 4 years ago

Bring these to expo, you’ll make a killing

#36 4 years ago

I’m still trying to find a good way to ship single mats. Multiple mats will be charged actual shipping so it would be cheaper to buy more but I am still looking for a solution for small orders. Thanks for all the suggestions and positivity guys !

#37 4 years ago

Was anyone else not able to order via Pinside and PayPal?

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

I’m still trying to find a good way to ship single mats. Multiple mats will be charged actual shipping so it would be cheaper to buy more but I am still looking for a solution for small orders. Thanks for all the suggestions and positivity guys !

What's the memory of rhis material? If you end up having ro roll them up for shipping, are they going to retain any curl?

#39 4 years ago

All:

Thank you everyone for their interest in our product. I have been working on this for some time and wanted to see if there was interest and after today we know there is. We are going to be processing all orders and inquiries received so far for our new product, but going forward we are going to put a temporary hold on all further orders so we can regroup. We will be reaching out to everyone who has already inquired about an order to be processed, my PayPal Store is not working correctly. We are actually working with Company on branding these and adding custom decals to the mats as well. Thank you guys for your understanding and we are looking forward to the feedback after the first group receives their order.

PinShield Team

#40 4 years ago

Definitely a much better option than my bath towels and shipping blankets lol... all my games have pdi /invisaglass so i like to keep them clean from my cats and just dust and dirt.

#41 4 years ago

Who else thought Napster?

553B6EB6-7BA9-41A4-9D5E-4DA666B5ABC0 (resized).png553B6EB6-7BA9-41A4-9D5E-4DA666B5ABC0 (resized).png
    #42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

All:
    Thank you everyone for their interest in our product. I have been working on this for some time and wanted to see if there was interest and after today we know there is. We are going to be processing all orders and inquiries received so far for our new product, but going forward we are going to put a temporary hold on all further orders so we can regroup. We will be reaching out to everyone who has already inquired about an order to be processed, my PayPal Store is not working correctly. We are actually working with Company on branding these and adding custom decals to the mats as well. Thank you guys for your understanding and we are looking forward to the feedback after the first group receives their order.
    PinShield Team

Doh! Bookmarking to see when this comes back.

#43 4 years ago

ERzAg1X.gifERzAg1X.gif
    #44 4 years ago

... showcasing it with a PCB on there also implies that it is static safe... going forward you might want to clarify that as well.

#45 4 years ago

I am one of the few that have seen and tested these in person. I had towels on all my machines till I tried one of these PinShields. These work great for working on pins without worrying about the old towel cover sliding off the end of the machine taking all your tools and pinball parts off with it. It grips the glass so it does not slide off and looks really clean since it is not hanging over all the edges. He is already working on the next version, improving the logo so it has a nicer finish.

#46 4 years ago

$15 isnt bad. Id like more info though.

#47 4 years ago

I ordered a few... I am sick of my moving blankets sliding off! Hope these work out better!
    Thanks,
    -Jim

#48 4 years ago

Following...best of luck to the PinShield Team!

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from jim5six:

I ordered a few... I am sick of my moving blankets sliding off! Hope these work out better!
    Thanks,
    -Jim

My payment won't go through... any idea why I can't use the paypal shopping cart checkout?

-Jim

#50 4 years ago

Nice Job! I like the product and the clean lines when used across multiple games!

(Im too much of a cheap bastard though, I use the Free Harbor freight moving blankets that cover the rails and side art)

Best of Luck!

There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector?hl=ralphcousman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.