(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
    #401 1 year ago
    A7150342-1BAE-4C1C-A151-D7D84EE6A049 (resized).jpegA7150342-1BAE-4C1C-A151-D7D84EE6A049 (resized).jpeg
    #402 1 year ago

I would place on a flat table and weight down with books. I bet it will flatten out.

#403 1 year ago

I have 10 of them. All are flat. Can’t remember if I ever had any issues.

#404 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:I would place on a flat table and weight down with books. I bet it will flatten out.

I will try that...

Quoted from Gorgar666:

I have 10 of them. All are flat. Can’t remember if I ever had any issues.

Do your shields fit the glass tight at the top and bottom or do they overlap a little bit?

#405 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

I will try that...

Do your shields fit the glass tight at the top and bottom or do they overlap a little bit?

I have a bunch - they flatten out it over time. Never an issue. And they do overlap a bit.

#406 1 year ago
    Quoted from matlynch91:

I have a bunch - they flatten out it over time. Never an issue. And they do overlap a bit.

Good to hear, I really like them. I have 5 of the full covers for sale...if anyone's interested pm me.

3 weeks later
    #407 1 year ago

Where do I buy pinshields for my games? I googled pinsheild and typed in pinshield.com and nothing. I did get a notice that the domain name is for sale. Hey pinshield guy, better snag that! So far I haven't seen a post that says where to buy them.

#408 1 year ago
    Quoted from the1pinballwiz:

Where do I buy pinshields for my games? I googled pinsheild and typed in pinshield.com and nothing. I did get a notice that the domain name is for sale. Hey pinshield guy, better snag that! So far I haven't seen a post that says where to buy them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1214-pinshield/02863-pinshield-the-perfect-protector-amp-workspace-mat

2 weeks later
    #409 1 year ago

From my previous pic you could see that a couple of my Pinshields were wrinkled and they did not flatten out even after laying them down on my ping pong table with glass placed on top of them for over a week. I contacted Pinshield and Joel took care of my issue without hesitation. Top notch buisness, highly recommended. The replacements are great and I would recommend doing buisness with Pinshield anyday. Thanks Joel!

#410 1 year ago

PinShield will be having 20% off with coupon code BF22. Sale will be only on Friday the 25th.

#411 1 year ago

I forgot to mention I will also be having 20% off shirts in my store. I marked them down to $8 plus apply BF22 coupon 20% with free shipping.

#412 1 year ago

Hello All.. instead of waiting I decided to active BF22 for 20% off Pinshield and T-Shirts. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

#413 1 year ago

Thanks for the 20 percent off, I just ordered two!

#414 1 year ago

10 ordered up!

#415 1 year ago

I received my Black Friday Pinshields today. I have most of my games using them now. I decided to purchase my first white one for my Star Gazer. I am not complaining, more of an observation. The color is more cream and is slightly translucent. I haven't seen the translucent properties in any other color. Anyway, it lights up kind of cool when my game is in attract mode.

20221130_184031 (resized).jpg20221130_184031 (resized).jpg20221130_184149 (resized).jpg20221130_184149 (resized).jpg
    #416 1 year ago

Ok so I got my pinshields. They make a great work mat and look slick but I really bought them to prevent from having to clean the glass after long periods of not playing them. The problem is every time I put them, on I get this residue on my glass. I took them to my kitchen island and thoroughly washed them with dish soap to get everything off of them but the photo is what still happens. A little frustrating that they actually make the glass worse by using them.

What can be done to prevent this?

20221204_184515 (resized).jpg20221204_184515 (resized).jpg
    #417 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Ok so I got my pinshields. They make a great work mat and look slick but I really bought them to prevent from having to clean the glass after long periods of not playing them. The problem is every time I put them, on I get this residue on my glass. I took them to my kitchen island and thoroughly washed them with dish soap to get everything off of them but the photo is what still happens. A little frustrating that they actually make the glass worse by using them.
    What can be done to prevent this?[quoted image]

It was suggested earlier in this thread to clean the glass-facing side of the PinShield with Sprayway or similar non-ammonia cleaner, as there may be some residue left from the packaging/rolling process.

I got those same marks with mine on PDI and Invisiglass, even after cleaning them, so I stopped using them. I may pull them back out and try another deep clean on them, as I do like their utility when I’m moving things or working in the game room and want to protect the glass.

See this post for one of the first mentions from someone else seeing these marks:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector/page/7#post-6498881

#418 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

It was suggested earlier in this thread to clean the glass-facing side of the PinShield with Sprayway or similar non-ammonia cleaner, as there may be some residue left from the packaging/rolling process.
    I got those same marks with mine on PDI and Invisiglass, even after cleaning them, so I stopped using them. I may pull them back out and try another deep clean on them, as I do like their utility when I’m moving things or working in the game room and want to protect the glass.
    See this post for one of the first mentions from someone else seeing these marks:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector/page/7#post-6498881

Mine is on PDI as well. So I guess you never found a solution? That's too bad. I figured scrubbing the crap out of them with dish soap would have gotten everything off that was going to come off. I've got some purple power, I'm going to give that a shot on one of them.

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Mine is on PDI as well. So I guess you never found a solution? That's too bad. I figured scrubbing the crap out of them with dish soap would have gotten everything off that was going to come off. I've got some purple power, I'm going to give that a shot on one of them.

I have found the problem is more prevalent in the colored Pinshields. It is a pain but goes away after a couple of good cleanings of glass cleaner.

#420 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I only gave them one cleaning, but certainly didn't scrub the crap of them, and when I still saw the residue on the glass I put them away. I'll probably drag them back out when I have the time and give it another go. FWIW, mine are black.

#421 1 year ago

Nicely done sir! Got these during your BF special.. also, have one on my new TNA, but it’s in an another room.

First thing my wife said, “Why did you buy so many yoga mats?”.

Silly woman…. Got all black in case I sell a game I can reuse it with no problem

Glad I bought them. Should have done it years ago.

7FCB3876-CDF1-400E-B50D-FB070F8977E0 (resized).jpeg7FCB3876-CDF1-400E-B50D-FB070F8977E0 (resized).jpeg

#422 1 year ago

I have these on most of my machines now. I ordered the red and orange on Black Friday and received yesterday. Colors look great on my Bally Skateball and Mata Hari. Thanks again. Well done!

2 months later
    #423 1 year ago

Hello all pinheads.. Cary did a review on Pinshields and decided to run a promo until 2/14/23.

15% off/free shipping over $175
    use code cary15

#424 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

Hello all pinheads.. Cary did a review on Pinshields and decided to run a promo until 2/14/23.

15% off/free shipping over $175
    use code cary15

I've bought these from you last BF in 2021, and mine still leave the residue on the glass. I've put them away, washed them, tried again and still left residue, put them away again. Since you are the owner and have seen the issues people are having, do YOU (not a customer) have a working solution for this product to not leave the residue on the glass?

I've had them, used them, stored them, cleaned them, used them, stored them and have found it extremely frustrating and haven't seen a solution from you, the actual product owner. Can you share any insight on resolving this?

#425 1 year ago

Interesting, washed mine with a vinegar solution, actually LA's Totally Awesome window cleaner Vinegar, and have had no problems.

#426 1 year ago

Have these on all my pins. Work great!

Residue is minimal. Spray way for normal cleaning.

#427 1 year ago

Pinshield -

I think these are great and I'd like to buy a bunch of them, but want to know if the residue issue has been solved yet. I don't want to have to deal with that or have to tey to wash 10 of them multiple times by hand in the tub to try to prevent it from happening.

I look forward to your response back.

TY.

#428 1 year ago

I've used purple power at half strength to no effect as well as dawn dish soap. I haven't tried vinegar yet though. Any idea on the ratio? 50\50? I bought like 8 I now hesitate to use as I don't want to have to use cleaner on my optical glass anymore than I have to.

#429 1 year ago

I would like to know the answer to the residue issue to? I have 10 of them and it's very annoying.

#430 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lateralus:

I've bought these from you last BF in 2021, and mine still leave the residue on the glass. I've put them away, washed them, tried again and still left residue, put them away again. Since you are the owner and have seen the issues people are having, do YOU (not a customer) have a working solution for this product to not leave the residue on the glass?
    I've had them, used them, stored them, cleaned them, used them, stored them and have found it extremely frustrating and haven't seen a solution from you, the actual product owner. Can you share any insight on resolving this?

I sent you a DM. Best solution I found so far is using regular Sprayway.
    https://www.spraywayretail.com/product/sprayway-glass-cleaner-foaming-aerosol-spray-2/

#431 1 year ago

Pinshield, I love the look of your products my friend and would love to buy a bunch for my machines, but you can't expect people to buy brand new products from you and then when they get them, they have to buy cleaners and clean them multiple times to hopefully stop a well known residue issue with the material.

IMHO, you as the creator and seller either need to do the washing of each protector yourself, then test them to make sure the residue is completely gone and then sell them to people, or you have to find another product supplier that has a material that doesn't leave that residue and use those guys. Otherwise it's not fair to your customers to have to do all that work to a new product to make it usable.

I'd really love to order 10 of these from you my friend, but can't do all that cleaning to each protector, hoping it stops the known residue issue.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your products, in the hopes that this issue gets resolved. Please feel free to PM (Private Message) me any time if you do in fact get the issue resolved.

Thank you and best of luck to you my friend.

#432 1 year ago

I have 5 Pinshields that I purchased about 3 months ago and they do not leave any residue.

#433 1 year ago

I just want to follow up on this and say the OP sent me a very professional PM advising me on how to help resolve the issue ($2 sprayway in my case fixed the issue - not a big deal seriously) and also took care of me. I bought these in 2021, so if the issue hasn't been resolved by now or is more minimal, rest assured the owner will go above and beyond to support you (or is even taking care of it himself before the product goes out). The issues seem to be mostly resolved now.

This is not something he is doing intentionally and is aware of some customers having issues and is resolving them. These really are a great product and he deserves success, and they are extremely useful other than just covering the pins.

Great support and will buy again from him when my other pins arrive this year. He's also a really nice guy and would be happy to support him and purchase again in the very near future.

Hope this helps anyone with concerns and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

#434 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lateralus:

I just want to follow up on this and say the OP sent me a very professional PM advising me on how to help resolve the issue ($2 sprayway in my case fixed the issue - not a big deal seriously) and also took care of me. I bought these in 2021, so if the issue hasn't been resolved by now or is more minimal, rest assured the owner will go above and beyond to support you (or is even taking care of it himself before the product goes out). The issues seem to be mostly resolved now.
    This is not something he is doing intentionally and is aware of some customers having issues and is resolving them. These really are a great product and he deserves success, and they are extremely useful other than just covering the pins.
    Great support and will buy again from him when my other pins arrive this year. He's also a really nice guy and would be happy to support him and purchase again in the very near future.
    Hope this helps anyone with concerns and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Just adding to the thread here. I have these on all my pins, but the residue never bothered me. Nonetheless, got some windex with vinegar after reading here and no issues now. Love the product.

#435 1 year ago

I tend to roll my eyes at "products" like this - this isn't an invention, someone is literally cutting glass-size pieces of material from a 200' roll and selling them to people that, for whatever reason, prefer to remove it THEN clean the glass (what's the difference), or don't have a spare towel to throw on the game next door if they need to do work. What fun is it to have a roomful of games that you can't see the playfields?

Having said THAT, they are reasonably priced and I do understand why people would buy one or two for when they need to work on an adjacent game (I guess), but I don't get dropping $300 to cover up a roomful of machines from getting dust on them.

#436 1 year ago

Got my order today from the last promotion, I really like them, they fit very will and look good. I used to have old towels covering my machines and they would always slide down over time or if I was working on the machine, the one beside it still covered would slide off if bumped the machine. These are way better!!

Thank you Pinshield

331503138_918391212944328_3734868664672571982_n (resized).jpg331503138_918391212944328_3734868664672571982_n (resized).jpg
    #437 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I don't get dropping $300 to cover up a roomful of machines from getting dust on them.

keeps the cats' pawprints off the glass, at least

2 months later
    #438 12 months ago

Is this still the go-to solution if I'm too lazy to put bath towels over my pins?

#439 11 months ago

Trade someone, regular or Widebody….

#440 11 months ago

Is Pinshield out of business I'm guessing? I dug out some towels that are the perfect size, for now.

#441 11 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is Pinshield out of business I'm guessing? I dug out some towels that are the perfect size, for now.

Here is the link to the Pinside shop if you are interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1214-pinshield/02863-pinshield-the-perfect-protector-amp-workspace-mat

3 weeks later
    #443 11 months ago

Just received my Pinshield today Really Nice

Pinshield Mat .pdf (resized).jpgPinshield Mat .pdf (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #444 10 months ago

Any memorial day sale?

#445 10 months ago

I love that they keep dust and tools off my pins. They also make the surface slide resistant for boxes. Helps to protect my glass from scratching.

I rarely play my games... So either way im going to have to clean the glass.

#446 10 months ago

I guess I'll wait for BF 23 lol

3 weeks later
    #447 9 months ago

No sure there is a demand for it, but made a couple pinball glass holder/protector. Great for when you need to work on your machine and don't have to worry about the glass slipping and breaking!

20230624_100438 (resized).jpg20230624_100438 (resized).jpg
    #448 9 months ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I love that they keep dust and tools off my pins. They also make the surface slide resistant for boxes. Helps to protect my glass from scratching.
    I rarely play my games... So either way im going to have to clean the glass.

Agreed. There’s dust on the glass if not for Pinshield, so cleaning would be happening either way. Pinshield further helps by protecting the glass from scratches, and/or other damage, and giving you a work area. The look, protection, and practicality of Pinshield should be preferred, despite some oil residue that wipes off.

Pinshield and toolsPinshield and tools

To permanently remove the oil marks, maybe a new material could be looked at? Maybe something fabric based but still thick? The lockdown bar and side armor should stop anything from sliding.

#449 9 months ago

Pinsheld also protects the furniture ... and yes, that is one spoiled rotten dog.
    Pinside_forum_7497381_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7497381_0 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #450 8 months ago

Since I also have those ugly marks from Pinshield all over the glass of my pinball: Do I need to clean the back of Pinshield (the side that lays on the glass) with that Sprayway cleaner - and how often before those annoying marks are gone?

As others have stated here: Since this is an issue several users reported, why does Pinshield not clean them before_ he sends them out to customers, or switch to a different material that does not leave those marks?

While I tend to like the product, the situation with those marks is annoying

There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.