(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 397 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Pinshield
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shipping (resized).png
    PXL_20211013_194815928 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211013_194806416 (resized).jpg
    20211005_165323 (resized).jpg
    20211005_165314 (resized).jpg
    20210929_172240 (resized).jpg
    22EB7884-23EE-4552-8B0C-6B8E4376E634 (resized).jpeg
    257A3017-C199-4584-B8B3-F969C463B23D (resized).jpeg
    1DA086C1-05B4-41B7-AF27-D96652B0C10F (resized).jpeg
    flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20210915_175503 (resized).jpg
    20210915_175740 (resized).jpg
    2BDC57E6-5C1D-4D49-9CF0-FB3417C29C05 (resized).jpeg
    B174EDB5-9FA0-46EA-A5CE-2077771E44BA (resized).jpeg
    B29A8643-AD19-41D6-AD32-27AB5BB0597D (resized).jpeg

There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 1 year ago
    Quoted from EightBallTexas:

99% here have had no issues....just look at all the happy posts.

I've have been keeping up with this thread however a few of the recent posts mentioned this so it could be a change from the recent batches. Not the OP's fault but if he is having these made the supplier could have changed something. I work in manufacturing and suppliers try to get away with all kinds of stuff since the pandemic.

#352 1 year ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I've have been keeping up with this thread however a few of the recent posts mentioned this so it could be a change from the recent batches. Not the OP's fault but if he is having these made the supplier could have changed something. I work in manufacturing and suppliers try to get away with all kinds of stuff since the pandemic.

True, let see what he works out. Good thing is he will make it right. Great guy. Yes I am a fan. lol

#353 1 year ago

Love these covers. Shipping was unbelievably fast. Thank you!

Quoted from chooch:

That's disappointing to hear. I was looking forward to buying these but know that would drive me crazy. Plus I don't want to have to keep cleaning the bottom of these with hopes it eventually goes away.

I have them on 40+ machines… No issues. They keep me from having to clean the glass more often. Well worth the investment in my opinion

#354 1 year ago

I'm buying more too, like mine a lot. Just need the colors to come back in stock.

#355 1 year ago

Yeah waiting on some cool colors for my incoming Aliens.

#356 1 year ago

I just received a couple PinShields. They were pretty tacky and left considerable marks on the glass (same as posted by others). I had to give them a good wipe down and the issue is gone. It feels like mold release to me. Just a leftover from the manufacturing process. It is a good product just know you might need to do a little work before installing them.

#357 1 year ago

What if all the backsides were cleaned with some formula beforehand? Would that get rid of that residue?

#358 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

What if all the backsides were cleaned with some formula beforehand? Would that get rid of that residue?

Yes, if the back side is clean with Windex (normal glass only) or Sprayway glass cleaner NON-Ammonia (Invisiglass/Voodoo/PDI/Stern HD) then it fixes the issue. When the new batch is made next week I'm going to do my best to pre-clean these to prevent these issues.

#359 1 year ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I'm hoping by next year to get these mass produced to prevent any issues as currently I'm still making these by hand....

#360 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

I'm hoping by next year to get these mass produced to prevent any issues as currently I'm still making these by hand....

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #361 1 year ago

Thank you for the custom cover for Punk! I have pinshield on all my machines…

1DA086C1-05B4-41B7-AF27-D96652B0C10F (resized).jpeg257A3017-C199-4584-B8B3-F969C463B23D (resized).jpeg
    #362 1 year ago

Any colors for a widebody. I just got demo man. Thanks.

#363 1 year ago

Any chance for a super wide version? i need them for my Scorpion and Orbitor 1.

#364 1 year ago
    22EB7884-23EE-4552-8B0C-6B8E4376E634 (resized).jpeg
    #365 1 year ago

Nice collection.....Is that a Warren Moon Luv ya blue jersey??

#366 1 year ago

Nice collection.....Is that a Warren Moon Luv ya blue jersey??

Yep.

#367 1 year ago
    Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Any chance for a super wide version? i need them for my Scorpion and Orbitor 1.

Sent you a DM

#368 1 year ago

All colors (Red, Orange, Lime Green, Purple, Royal Blue) are back in stock.

#369 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

All colors (Red, Orange, Lime Green, Purple, Royal Blue) are back in stock.

Green that will fit my aliens??

#370 12 months ago

Green that will fit my aliens??

Yes, sir. I added to the store as "Alien ONLY"

20210929_172240 (resized).jpg
    #371 12 months ago

So I am getting a LV and the powdercoating will dictate my color...From what I see its got a tint of purple .

So might want a darker green or deep space purple.

Thoughts>?

#372 12 months ago

Do you have a Alien green for attack from mars?

#373 11 months ago

Got em looking fresh!

20211005_165314 (resized).jpg20211005_165323 (resized).jpg
    #374 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

[quoted image]

Too clean, sweet Bro.

#375 11 months ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I like the product itself, both as dust cover, protector for glass scratches and a nice place to put my tools when working on a game.
    The first times I removed my pinshields there were this white-ish square pattern on the glass matching the pattern on the shields. It can be removed by wiping a cloth on the glass. After that I scrubbed the pinshields underside with water and a cloth and let them dry. They still leave a barely visible square pattern on the glass though. I suspect it will get less and less over time and in the end probably stop appearing but it's a bit annoying right now having to clean the glas every time I remove the shields.
    Anyone else have this issue and any good way to get rid of it completely?
    Road show
    [quoted image]
    Addams, best seen on the rightmost side
    [quoted image]

Same with mine, on both PDI and Invisiglass. I’m going to clean the glass-facing side with Sprayway as mentioned elsewhere and see if that works.

#376 11 months ago

What is the size of the Pinshield logo on a standard size mat?

What is the width of a standard size mat?

Thanks!

#377 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

[quoted image]

Too Badass.

#378 11 months ago
    Quoted from jfh:

What is the size of the Pinshield logo on a standard size mat?
    What is the width of a standard size mat?
    Thanks!

The dimensions for the the PinShield mats are noted in the Pinside store:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1214-pinshield/02863-pinshield-the-perfect-protector-amp-workspace-mat

On the mats I received last week, the logo is 7" wide x 2" high.

1 week later
    #379 11 months ago

Just got my custom size Pinshields for Scorpion and Orbitor 1 so now all my pins have their safety blankets! Scorpion's is actually two Pinshields together (front and back with the logo only on the front piece) since it's a super wide body. Thank you!

PXL_20211013_194806416 (resized).jpgPXL_20211013_194815928 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #380 10 months ago

<The first times I removed my pinshields there were this white-ish square pattern on the glass matching the pattern on the shields.> It can be removed by wiping a cloth on the glass. They still leave a barely visible square pattern on the glass though. I suspect it will get less and less over time and in the end probably stop appearing but it's a bit annoying right now having to clean the glas every time I remove the shields.

I guess noticed this on my machines and have to wipe down every time I remove the pinshield.
    What a pain in the ass!!!

#381 10 months ago
    Quoted from t2:

<The first times I removed my pinshields there were this white-ish square pattern on the glass matching the pattern on the shields.> It can be removed by wiping a cloth on the glass. They still leave a barely visible square pattern on the glass though. I suspect it will get less and less over time and in the end probably stop appearing but it's a bit annoying right now having to clean the glas every time I remove the shields.
    I guess noticed this on my machines and have to wipe down every time I remove the pinshield.
    What a pain in the ass!!!

I had the same issue. Waiting for a better batch.

#382 10 months ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

I had the same issue. Waiting for a better batch.

Others have reported that issue as well and it's the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. My gameroom tends to gets a lot of dust so the reason I wanted to get these was so I didn't have to keep wiping down the glass. Currently I have towels on my machines which don't look as aesthetically pleasing as these pinshields however they do the job of keeping the glass clean. Having to wipe down the glass to remove the pattern these leave defeats the purpose in my case where I am trying to avoid having to wipe down the glass in the first place. I'm hoping the issue eventually gets resolved because it seems to have just started to happen on some of the recent batches over the past few months because you rarely seen complaints about this early on in this thread.

#383 10 months ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Others have reported that issue as well and it's the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. My gameroom tends to gets a lot of dust so the reason I wanted to get these was so I didn't have to keep wiping down the glass. Currently I have towels on my machines which don't look as aesthetically pleasing as these pinshields however they do the job of keeping the glass clean. Having to wipe down the glass to remove the pattern these leave defeats the purpose in my case where I am trying to avoid having to wipe down the glass in the first place. I'm hoping the issue eventually gets resolved because it seems to have just started to happen on some of the recent batches over the past few months because you rarely seen complaints about this early on in this thread.

Just wipe down the product with a glass cleaner to cut the film when you get them. It is a pain but also a non-issue after that. I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger.

#384 10 months ago

No issues here. Had one to wipe. Perfection after that.

#385 10 months ago

Pinshield is having a 25% off starting now until Monday. Please use code PS-BF-21 on checkout.

Happy Thanksgiving
    Joel

#386 10 months ago

Just ordered! Thank You for offering this.

#387 10 months ago

Wanted to order 2 Pinshield but tried PM and tried Cart, won't allow outside of USA to Australia

not sure if an update changed things or you don't want to sell overseas ??

shipping (resized).png
    #388 10 months ago

Just ordered, thanks for the black friday deal!

#389 10 months ago

Ditto. Happy thanksgiving.

#390 10 months ago

Just ordered to. Thank you.

#391 10 months ago

Thank you all for the orders. I got them all shipped out besides the last two which will be shipped out on Friday.

#392 10 months ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Wanted to order 2 Pinshield but tried PM and tried Cart, won't allow outside of USA to Australia
    not sure if an update changed things or you don't want to sell overseas ??[quoted image]

Just sent you a DM.

4 months later
    #393 5 months ago

Looking to buy 2 pinshield glass mats.

1 week later
    #395 5 months ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Love these covers. Shipping was unbelievably fast. Thank you!

I have them on 40+ machines… No issues. They keep me from having to clean the glass more often. Well worth the investment in my opinion

Agreed

#396 5 months ago

I have a new alien from PB. Any sizes and colors .

3 months later
    #397 64 days ago

See you all at Caextreme. Please stop by and say hello

There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!