(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 360 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by northerndude
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20210915_175503 (resized).jpg
    20210915_175740 (resized).jpg
    2BDC57E6-5C1D-4D49-9CF0-FB3417C29C05 (resized).jpeg
    B174EDB5-9FA0-46EA-A5CE-2077771E44BA (resized).jpeg
    B29A8643-AD19-41D6-AD32-27AB5BB0597D (resized).jpeg
    4741372E-6D05-403A-B9F1-F2809B361EC7 (resized).jpeg
    A43D84B1-854E-499C-A373-B6FBFAC96A35 (resized).jpeg
    A5C592F8-AFF4-47B0-B20F-CABC65394F00 (resized).jpeg
    0E9E3D2F-274F-411E-9402-2A4944D331C6 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    62140D50-9E1F-4ACA-A5CF-5447D50E8D84 (resized).jpeg
    44A866B3-53EC-4CB7-9937-38C2AB1C4088 (resized).jpeg
    0F443748-0523-486F-AC07-BB1FF3A33FC5 (resized).jpeg
    3641D5FE-A031-449B-AC0B-26C12E91B2CA (resized).jpeg

There are 360 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 3 months ago

Thank you everyone for the support. All colors back in stock. Happy flipping

#302 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

Thank you everyone for the support. All colors back in stock. Happy flipping

I will take blood orange. HAHA.

Still loving my covers. TY.

#303 3 months ago
    Quoted from EightBallTexas:

I will take blood orange. HAHA.
    Still loving my covers. TY.

I think the orange looks good on my IJ

20210607_144054 (resized).jpg
    #304 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

I think the orange looks good on my IJ
    [quoted image]

When u selling me IJ??

#305 3 months ago

When u selling me IJ??

lol I just got it and my dad wants it already, haha.

#306 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

lol I just got it and my dad wants it already, haha.

send us some drooling pictures.

#307 3 months ago

Will you be at Allentown or have them there with a vendor?

#308 3 months ago

Bump for one of my favorite pinball mod purchases!

#309 3 months ago
    Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Will you be at Allentown or have them there with a vendor?

Sorry not this year.

#310 3 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Bump for one of my favorite pinball mod purchases!

I'm glad you like them

#311 3 months ago

I’m down for 3.

#312 3 months ago

Is there a purchase link? Thanks!

#314 3 months ago

Would Purple match My Monster Bash?

0F443748-0523-486F-AC07-BB1FF3A33FC5 (resized).jpeg3641D5FE-A031-449B-AC0B-26C12E91B2CA (resized).jpeg44A866B3-53EC-4CB7-9937-38C2AB1C4088 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #315 64 days ago
    62140D50-9E1F-4ACA-A5CF-5447D50E8D84 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpg
    #316 63 days ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

[quoted image][quoted image]

STUNNING.

#317 63 days ago

I need a WB for my Aliens LV coming one day. We need some bad ass space scary shit colors...lol

3 weeks later
    #318 37 days ago

What colors do you offer? I've got some dang cats that walk all over the glass! Hahaha.

#319 37 days ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

What colors do you offer? I've got some dang cats that walk all over the glass! Hahaha.

Yes, what colors are available now..Yes, solved my cat problem. My cats are scared shitless of my Pins. But, the 2 out of 10 times they jump up there, They will be protected. Voodoo glass Is expensive. Lol…

0E9E3D2F-274F-411E-9402-2A4944D331C6 (resized).jpeg
    #320 37 days ago

I Will be ordering more!

Gosh this product has saved me much time and possible damage!

So Glad these are available.....Get some!!!

#321 36 days ago

The only color I have in stock is red besides the normal black.

Quoted from Gorgar666:

Yes, what colors are available now..Yes, solved my cat problem. My cats are scared shitless of my Pins. But, the 2 out of 10 times they jump up there, They will be protected. Voodoo glass Is expensive. Lol…
    [quoted image]

1 week later
    #322 26 days ago

Would really like a purple and a blue, as well as a red. Will you get extra stock?

2 weeks later
    #323 11 days ago
    Quoted from KeeperUSA:

Would really like a purple and a blue, as well as a red. Will you get extra stock?

I need a WB for my Aliens LV coming one day. We need some bad ass space scary shit colors...lol

Interested for the same reason as well. Getting some Alien green ones in stock anytime?

#324 10 days ago
    Quoted from T3quila:Interested for the same reason as well. Getting some Alien green ones in stock anytime?

Hello All,

I will hopefully have colors in stock before the end of the month. When I get them in stock I will post here.

#325 10 days ago
    A5C592F8-AFF4-47B0-B20F-CABC65394F00 (resized).jpeg
    #326 10 days ago
    Quoted from Jokerman:

[quoted image]

Very nice! I have purple on on Guns-N-Roses too and it looks sweet.

#327 10 days ago
    Quoted from Jokerman:

[quoted image]

What machine u sliding in-between those 2??? plenty of room..HAHA

#328 9 days ago

What machine u sliding in-between those 2??? plenty of room..HAHA

Good question! I think about the answer to it everyday but can actually fit two in there

Can fit two in the other side too. One of those spots is for Ultraman.

A43D84B1-854E-499C-A373-B6FBFAC96A35 (resized).jpeg
    #329 8 days ago
    Quoted from Jokerman:

Good question! I think about the answer to it everyday but can actually fit two in there
    Can fit two in the other side too. One of those spots is for Ultraman.
    [quoted image]

Nice Collection and room.

#330 2 days ago

Just got mine today. Great product!

4741372E-6D05-403A-B9F1-F2809B361EC7 (resized).jpegB174EDB5-9FA0-46EA-A5CE-2077771E44BA (resized).jpegB29A8643-AD19-41D6-AD32-27AB5BB0597D (resized).jpeg
    #331 2 days ago

Love these covers. Shipping was unbelievably fast. Thank you!

2BDC57E6-5C1D-4D49-9CF0-FB3417C29C05 (resized).jpeg
    #332 2 days ago

Double post… deleted

#333 2 days ago

I like the product itself, both as dust cover, protector for glass scratches and a nice place to put my tools when working on a game.

The first times I removed my pinshields there were this white-ish square pattern on the glass matching the pattern on the shields. It can be removed by wiping a cloth on the glass. After that I scrubbed the pinshields underside with water and a cloth and let them dry. They still leave a barely visible square pattern on the glass though. I suspect it will get less and less over time and in the end probably stop appearing but it's a bit annoying right now having to clean the glas every time I remove the shields.

Anyone else have this issue and any good way to get rid of it completely?

Road show
    20210915_175503 (resized).jpg

Addams, best seen on the rightmost side
    20210915_175740 (resized).jpg

#334 2 days ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I like the product itself, both as dust cover, protector for glass scratches and a nice place to put my tools when working on a game.
    The first times I removed my pinshields there were this white-ish square pattern on the glass matching the pattern on the shields. It can be removed by wiping a cloth on the glass. After that I scrubbed the pinshields underside with water and a cloth and let them dry. They still leave a barely visible square pattern on the glass though. Anyone else have this issue and any good way to get rid of it completely?

hmmm....not seen that....mine leave zero patterns...

How much weight with tools are sitting on them?? could that be it??

#335 2 days ago

Pinshield any luck on some green for all these aliens attacking us???

LV will debut soon so maybe we can have options on each model.

Thanks.

#336 2 days ago

hmmm....not seen that....mine leave zero patterns...
    How much weight with tools are sitting on them?? could that be it??

I've had a soldering iron , screwdrivers and some other tools on a few pinshields yes, but even pins that never had anything on them have this pattern so can't be weight related.

I thought this residue maybe was som kind of chalk or similar to prevent the pinshields from sticking to each other in manufacturing/shipping but if I'm the only one experiencing this then that can't be the case. Strange.

#337 2 days ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I've had a soldering iron , screwdrivers and some other tools on a few pinshields yes, but even pins that never had anything on them have this pattern so can't be weight related.
    I thought this residue maybe was som kind of chalk or similar to prevent the pinshields from sticking to each other in manufacturing/shipping but if I'm the only one experiencing this then that can't be the case. Strange.

I think what happened is since the materials come in a roll some how there is a residue left on the mats from the roller/process they use to roll them. What I've found the best solution and removes 95% + of this issue is to clean the side that goes on the glass as well as the glass itself with Windex. NOTE: DO NOT USE AMMONIA (Windex) on glass like STERN HD, Invisiglass, Voodoo! It might take a couple cleanings, but removes the residue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#338 2 days ago

Pinshield any luck on some green for all these aliens attacking us???
    LV will debut soon so maybe we can have options on each model.
    Thanks.

I should have some green in the next two weeks. I'm still waiting on the materials to come in some time next week. I will post here once I get them in stock.

#339 2 days ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The first times I removed my pinshields there were this white-ish square pattern on the glass matching the pattern on the shields. It can be removed by wiping a cloth on the glass. After that I scrubbed the pinshields underside with water and a cloth and let them dry. They still leave a barely visible square pattern on the glass though. I suspect it will get less and less over time and in the end probably stop appearing but it's a bit annoying right now having to clean the glas every time I remove the shields.
    Anyone else have this issue and any good way to get rid of it completely?
    Road show
    [quoted image]
    Addams, best seen on the rightmost side
    [quoted image]

Mine does that too. I order 16 of them and the constant wiping after I removed them was too much for me. I rolled them up and put them back in the box. If anyone is looking for cheap pin shields locally, please let me know.

#340 2 days ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

I've found the best solution is to clean the side that goes on the glass as well as the glass itself with Windex.

Caution! Do not use normal Windex on any of the anti-glare glass brands.
    You must use glass cleaner that does not contain ammonia on anti-glare glass.

#341 2 days ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Agreed.

I bought this and works to perfection.

pasted_image (resized).png
    #342 2 days ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Mine does that too. I order 16 of them and the constant wiping after I removed them was too much for me. I rolled them up and put them back in the box. If anyone is looking for cheap pin shields locally, please let me know.

Incredible collection. Sorry your seeing this issue. They do look nice with them all lined up using pinshields.

I would love to come visit you...once again very nice.

#343 1 day ago

Thanks EightBallTexas ! You can come over anytime.

Not being able to use Pinshields is a bummer for me. All of my machines have the antiglare glass so I am not sure if that just exacerbates the issue or not. I think the product is great, but the batch I got puts more dust on the glass than it keeps off. Glad to hear everyone else got a good batch.

Let me know when you want to talk about Australian Survivor too!

#344 1 day ago

Thanks EightBallTexas ! You can come over anytime.
    Not being able to use Pinshields is a bummer for me. All of my machines have the antiglare glass so I am not sure if that just exacerbates the issue or not. I think the product is great, but the batch I got puts more dust on the glass than it keeps off. Glad to hear everyone else got a good batch.
    Let me know when you want to talk about Australian Survivor too!

hmmm....you got me....Survivor?? DM me...haha.

@pinshields can you hook up a fellow texan here . He might just have a bad batch. 16 sales is a commitment.

#345 1 day ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, don't use any ammonia on those Invisiglass/Voodoo/Stern HD.

#346 1 day ago

Agreed.
    I bought this and works to perfection.[quoted image]

I use this too

#347 1 day ago

I just sent you a DM

#348 1 day ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

That's disappointing to hear. I was looking forward to buying these but know that would drive me crazy. Plus I don't want to have to keep cleaning the bottom of these with hopes it eventually goes away.

#349 1 day ago
    Quoted from chooch:

That's disappointing to hear. I was looking forward to buying these but know that would drive me crazy. Plus I don't want to have to keep cleaning the bottom of these with hopes it eventually goes away.

99% here have had no issues....just look at all the happy posts.

#350 1 day ago

I don't play my machines enough... And leave the pinshield on to let me use the machines to ship customer orders.
    I've not really noticed any residue issues, but I bought early batches

There are 360 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside