(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
    #201 3 years ago

My Pinshields arrived in the mail today. Opened them up and laid them out on a AFM. They flatted out in about 4 hours. I was worried the indentation made from the pony tail holder would not come out but 3 hours later that indentation was gone as well. I will be using them on the games next to any game I am working on. I think I will order a few more to lay on games that are out of service. With 35 games in the game room, one or two are always out of order.

#202 3 years ago

Forgot to say "Great product" I highly recommend them.

3 weeks later
    #203 3 years ago

I just ordered several in blue for my Bally games both standard and wide body. Thanks for manufacturing these in blue! Maybe red next?

#204 3 years ago

Thanks for the order polarbear! I am hoping my vendor gets the red in stock soon. Once I get my hands on the reds I will PM you. The blue has done pretty well, I think I only have around 18 left in stock. They look great on a T2!

1 week later
    #205 3 years ago

Mine are going on Bobby Orr, Harlem Globetrotters, Embryon and Hot Doggin.

2 weeks later
    #206 3 years ago

PM sent.

1 week later
    #207 3 years ago

Can someone share a pic with the blue on a machine?

#208 3 years ago
    9D51B175-A835-400F-82B1-57C760CF8929 (resized).jpeg9D51B175-A835-400F-82B1-57C760CF8929 (resized).jpegDACC964A-7846-4273-9A66-A33E6791EC59 (resized).jpegDACC964A-7846-4273-9A66-A33E6791EC59 (resized).jpeg
    #209 3 years ago

Thanks. Looks nice

#210 3 years ago

I actually only have 5 blue pinshields left. They can be sized at standard widebody or pinball 2000. I’ve marked them down 20% on my pinside shop until they are sold. After this I won’t be making blue ones for at least the foreseeable future. Thank you.

#211 3 years ago

All of the blue pinshields are now sold. I will be closing my Pinside shop for at least the next few weeks until I am able to get some more material in stock. I have enough stock to fulfill all orders that have been placed and all remaining orders will ship out Monday 8/10 . I will update this thread once I am able to reopen. Thank you for your support.

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

All of the blue pinshields are now sold. I will be closing my Pinside shop for at least the next few weeks until I am able to get some more material in stock. I have enough stock to fulfill all orders that have been placed and all remaining orders will ship out Monday 8/10 . I will update this thread once I am able to reopen. Thank you for your support.

Ugh. I’ve had three black standards in my cart. Am I out of luck if I order? Thanks in advance.

#213 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Ugh. I’ve had three black standards in my cart. Am I out of luck if I order? Thanks in advance.

Pm’d

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

Looking forward to picking one up when you have them back I stock. What color(s) are you expecting? Thanks!

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

Wow, I placed an order a couple hours before you posted this. Glad I pulled the trigger. Thanks for the heads up!

#216 3 years ago

Sorry about the short notice, I got a couple of large orders and I wanted to have a few extras on hand. At this point I haven’t ordered anything but the standard black.

1 month later
    #217 3 years ago

Good afternoon, we have received materials and we are expected to have the pinshields back from the print shop at the end of next week.

2 weeks later
    #218 3 years ago

Just a quick shout out to Pinshield. I ordered 6 and they arrived today. The Pinshields are a very nice product and I am more than satisfied with my purchase. They fit really well, look nice and protect the playfield. If anyone is on the fence, I wouldn’t hesitate to place an order!

#219 3 years ago

I agree. Have my entire "fleet" protected by Pinshield ... defiantly a nice product given I frequently use my machines as shipping benches.

#220 3 years ago

Also, I should mention that Justin is a high quality individual which matters to me in a big way.

#221 3 years ago

Just got my two shields and they are the perfect protector while my machines are turned off....

1 week later
    #222 3 years ago

Justin has been quick to respond with my last few orders. Great product with fast shipping too!

Pinshield.JPG.pdfPinshield.JPG.pdf
    #223 3 years ago

Damnit. Good product, good service... like I needed to buy any more pinball stuff!

EDIT: Just ordered 7. Can't wait!

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

Justin has been quick to respond with my last few orders. Great product with fast shipping too!
    [quoted image]

You should have gotten them in gold to match all those daytime Emmys!! lol

1 week later
    #225 3 years ago

Hey! I got a present in the mail today. I ordered 7 of them on October 4th, they processed the order on October 5th and then shipped out October 7th. All in all, a fast transaction!

Each one was individually bundled and they were wrapped in nice plastic so there weren't any scuff marks or anything.
    IMG_20201013_155943 (resized).jpgIMG_20201013_155943 (resized).jpg

They cover trendy games!
    IMG_20201013_161045 (resized).jpgIMG_20201013_161045 (resized).jpg

They cover big games and small games!
    IMG_20201013_161104 (resized).jpgIMG_20201013_161104 (resized).jpg

Hell, they even cover stupid games!
    IMG_20201013_161120 (resized).jpgIMG_20201013_161120 (resized).jpg

Buy with confidence. I'll definitely refer these to my friends. Great job with the product and the entire fulfillment process!

-- Jimmy

#226 3 years ago

Jimmy has the strangest collection. Congrats on the shields.

#227 3 years ago

What is in those 2 Pinball 2000 cabs? That's not actually a Wizard Blocks is it?

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

What is in those 2 Pinball 2000 cabs? That's not actually a Wizard Blocks is it?

Yeah, here's a closeup!

IMG_20201020_105646 (resized).jpgIMG_20201020_105646 (resized).jpg

#229 3 years ago

... totally kidding, here it is with the shield removed.

I built this from about 2013-2017.

The game next to it is a Demolition Man 2000 conversion I designed back in 2012. I featured it at this year's pinball expo homebrew presentation (in another thread, at the end of the video).

Both were super fun to design, and pinshields fit them like a glove!

IMG_20201020_105704 (resized).jpgIMG_20201020_105704 (resized).jpg
    #230 3 years ago

Those are both friggen awesome! I haven't exactly gone looking for Wizard Block pic's, but man, that's cool to see, I think I'd only ever seen some cabinet shots and some unfinished game screens.

#231 3 years ago

For those of you with a pile of games, what do you do with these things when you pull them all off.....just chuck them under a game?

It's tempting, but at $19/each + 22 games it adds up pretty quick. That's a ColorDMD right there.

#232 3 years ago

For those of you with a pile of games, what do you do with these things when you pull them all off.....just chuck them under a game?

I just layer them on top of each other, roll them up and put a extra large rubber band around them. Stash them in my closet, super simple!

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It's tempting, but at $19/each + 22 games it adds up pretty quick. That's a ColorDMD right there.

Most of the time I’ll just stack them all on whichever game is out of order at the time (which is currently TZ). Or just drape them over the back of a chair. Besides that my game room is currently located in my garage and my HOA won’t let me cover the windows in the garage door so I need UV protection. Not to mention all of the grass and dirt that gets blown into my garage from the gardeners that collects on the glass. They might not work for everybody in every situation but they work for me.

6571BAB3-992B-4F98-94FB-E352045A78DF (resized).png6571BAB3-992B-4F98-94FB-E352045A78DF (resized).png
    #234 3 years ago
    Quoted from Only68s:

my HOA won’t let me cover the windows in the garage door so I need UV protection.

ZOMG. Overreach much? I really don't like HOAs.
    I'm not sure what my hoa rules are in this regard. When I moved in they had mirror tint on my Garage Door windows. Is that something you could quietly do?

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

ZOMG. Overreach much? I really don't like HOAs.
    I'm not sure what my hoa rules are in this regard. When I moved in they had mirror tint on my Garage Door windows. Is that something you could quietly do?

Yeah, Ive been considering just doing a really light static cling tint with UV block, the mirrored tint will get me fined lol

HOA (resized).JPGHOA (resized).JPG
    #236 3 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

[quoted image]

Whoa, what's the story with that AFM topper on a road show?

1 week later
    #237 3 years ago

I only have one of these. Could use more but I don’t know where to put them when I’m playing. All my games work and are used regularly. Anyone else with lots of these that play their games a lot? Need a better solution to store them when I’m playing.

Thanks!

#238 3 years ago

Maybe a PinShield "rack" like a quilt rack? Something you can just drape them over.

#239 3 years ago

Sorry I just saw this post, I’ve been looking into making a rack for my game room, I should have one designed by the end of the year. Here is a quick drawing of what I was brainstorming.. just like a handrail with a 3 legged cane foot

8CFD01FF-C320-4890-9BD2-C1F51EA96DCD (resized).png8CFD01FF-C320-4890-9BD2-C1F51EA96DCD (resized).png
    #240 3 years ago

I’ve also been working on a cocktail arcade pinshield. I’ve had a few people inquire about them so my friend acitti loaned me the glass top from his machine and I was able to make a couple of templates. I should be able to have these up on my store in the next week or so. Here is the finished product.

5A60C5F9-1ED8-4710-984B-A8CF417D74A9 (resized).jpeg5A60C5F9-1ED8-4710-984B-A8CF417D74A9 (resized).jpeg
    #241 3 years ago

Cool! Is that Ms. Pac-Man sized?

#242 3 years ago

Yes that one was ms pac man size. There are 2 glass sizes that are used and the difference is the radius on the corners. I’m trying to find an acceptable radius tool online that I can post a link to on this forum so that we can easily identify which glass size that you have.

#243 3 years ago

Is shipping really this expensive? Just bought 2 and was charged 19 bucks for shipping. If so, so be it, just seems like a lot for two of these that probably fit in one tube.

Thanks!

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is shipping really this expensive? Just bought 2 and was charged 19 bucks for shipping. If so, so be it, just seems like a lot for two of these that probably fit in one tube.
    Thanks!

Shipping is quite expensive due to the length and weight of the package. The shipping cost you pay will reflect what im charged to mail the package out. I have found the best rates to be through USPS priority. Ill get your items mailed out tomorrow morning and hopefully you will receive them by Saturday. I will include the Tracking number so that you can follow the progress. Thank you for the order

#246 3 years ago

Finally getting around to posting a photo - really happy with the new PinShield! Great customer service too. Buy with confidence.

silverball mania pinshield (resized).jpgsilverball mania pinshield (resized).jpg
    #247 3 years ago
    Quoted from TDK-WPG:

Finally getting around to posting a photo - really happy with the new PinShield! Great customer service too. Buy with confidence.[quoted image]

That is a good looking SBM!

#248 3 years ago

Thanks! It was a very lucky find for me - had been keeping my eye out for a very long time for one, and then this came along just outside of Toronto. The previous owner bought it from someone who had done a decent restore on it, so it was in great shape when I picked it up. I ended up replacing the backglass when CPR started doing them again. Very happy with the machine over all.

2 weeks later
    #249 3 years ago

Still really happy with these Pinshields. With COVID, I have not been hosting my normal league so my machine have definitely not been seeing as much play as they did before. Nice to not need to clean them when we want to play.

pins (resized).jpegpins (resized).jpeg
    #250 3 years ago

I really enjoyed last years black Friday sale.
    I won't be participating in BF this year; as I have a complete set for my games... but maybe some others would benifit.

There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector/page/5?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.