(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
    #151 4 years ago

I missed you at PAGG ,hope to see you this year at the G.S.P.F.!!

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I missed you at PAGG ,hope to see you this year at the G.S.P.F.!!

Well i just pre ordered my JP premium for pickup at Golden state so it looks like ill be there. Im looking into having a booth and i will let you know when I get my schedule nailed down! GSPF is such an awesome show

#153 4 years ago

Really happy with how these look on my LE pins, much cleaner and easier compared to the old towels.

D5D36136-8138-4131-8799-591B3E9B46F9 (resized).jpegD5D36136-8138-4131-8799-591B3E9B46F9 (resized).jpeg
    #154 4 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

Really happy with how these look on my LE pins, much cleaner and easier compared to the old towels.[quoted image]

Thank you, Nice lineup!

#155 4 years ago

Let us know if you are going to be sending PinShields to TPF'20 in March... or to someone whom might have a booth.
    I'm getting a new game in Feb... and would like to get a new Pinshield and avoid shipping if possible.

#156 4 years ago

Just ordered one for my wonka ce. Thanks

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Let us know if you are going to be sending PinShields to TPF'20 in March... or to someone whom might have a booth.
    I'm getting a new game in Feb... and would like to get a new Pinshield and avoid shipping if possible.

Hey Zitt, I don't have any plans to be at TPF this year, I think the first show I will make it to will be GSPF in May. TPF is on my bucket list though! Check your inbox.

#158 4 years ago

YogaMat for the win!

#159 4 years ago

Over the last few days we have gotten quite a few requests for orders from outside the US. If you would like to make an order please PM me so that i can get an actual shipping quote back to you before you place your order as we cannot offer our domestic shipping rate for international orders.

#160 4 years ago

I've wanted to ditch the fluffy beach towels for awhile and decided to order sets of Pinshield's. Pretty impressed with the overall size and finish. I like that the cabinet artwork is much more visible compared to using towels to cover games. As other's have mentioned, it's a best practice to lay these out overnight so they can completely flatten out as they are rolled up when packaged/shipped.

IMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPG
    #161 4 years ago

Nice Setup! I love those LitFrames!

#162 4 years ago

How do you order these ?

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from jbigdoggf:

How do you order these ?

Good morning,

To place an order just click on the cube under my username and that will take you to my Pinside shop. From there just click on whichever product you would like to purchase and then select the size any quantity you need and then check out. If you have any other issues checking out feel free to PM me.

Thank you

#164 4 years ago

I received my three Pinshields today and am impressed. They flattened out in no time and the impression from the rubber holding them rolled up decompressed quickly. They fit nice and look sharp.

I am very happy that I can lay out my tools on the machine next to me with no issues.

IMG_3677 (resized).jpgIMG_3677 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #165 4 years ago

Just ordered a couple Pinshield covers for my Munsters and Monster Bash. They seem great, looking forward to using them.

#166 4 years ago

I liked the first batch so much, I ended up getting 18 more to cover the rest of my pins!!

4EEF38F8-13EC-4BAC-97A5-5AE8D2F6F71F (resized).jpeg4EEF38F8-13EC-4BAC-97A5-5AE8D2F6F71F (resized).jpeg
    #167 4 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

I liked the first batch so much, I ended up getting 18 more to cover the rest of my pins!![quoted image]

looking sharp!

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

I liked the first batch so much, I ended up getting 18 more to cover the rest of my pins!![quoted image]

I have a few of these to place on glass when doing maint. I’m curious why you have them on at all times when not playing. To each his own bit I don’t get it.

#170 4 years ago

What do you do with these things when you have people over?

Also, I like to look at my games while their off, cant you offer a clear version? LOL

#171 4 years ago

I like them because my cats walk on the glass and they get footprints all over. Keeps me from having to get the windex out. Plus they keep the dust off.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

I have a few of these to place on glass when doing maint. I’m curious why you have them on at all times when not playing. To each his own bit I don’t get it.

I like them just because they look super clean...

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from t2:

I like them because my cats walk on the glass and they get footprints all over. Keeps me from having to get the windex out. Plus they keep the dust off.

Makes sense now.

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

Makes sense now.

does it really?!?

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

does it really?!?

For him. I don’t have cats....

#176 4 years ago

If you like to have your pins uncovered all the time so you can see them, then it doesn't make sense. If you like to keep your pins covered to protect from light, dust, cats, whatever.. then it makes perfect sense. Many like to cover their pins when not in use, many like to keep them uncovered. Neither side is going to agree... Who cares? The mats are great if you have a use for them. Some people's uses are different than others. They look great AND they are very useful as a protector when working on a pin next to it.

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

If you like to have your pins uncovered all the time so you can see them, then it doesn't make sense. If you like to keep your pins covered to protect from light, dust, cats, whatever.. then it makes perfect sense.

Could not have said it better myself. I cover them to keep the dust and light off them. I do not like cleaning them every time I want to play them. Also, if I am not playing them, I have no reason to be in that room so I am not looking at them. Just like a classic car sitting in the garage.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What do you do with these things when you have people over?

If I am going to play 1 or 2 machines then I will just put it on top of the machine next to the one I am playing. If we are going to be playing them all, I will stack them and put them out in my garage for the evening. Much faster then the towels I used before.

#178 4 years ago

It is also nice to be able to lay parts or tools on the game to the left or right while working on it.
    Must stuff will not roll off of the mat.
    I did wash mine very well before putting it on PDI or Innvisa glass.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I did wash mine very well before putting it on PDI or Innvisa glass.

What did you use to wash / clean it?

1 week later
    #180 4 years ago

love them, look awesome and feel great! worth every penny! will get more when i expand my collection.

#181 4 years ago

I put them in the tub and wash them with soap and a brush.

2 months later
    #182 3 years ago

Any update on designs or different colors?

#183 3 years ago

Ditto...looking for red and blue.

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

Any update on designs or different colors?

Actually I do have an update. So over the last couple months I have been working with different printing companies so that I could offer Pinshields that are game specific. I received 2 samples a couple of days ago and I feel that I am satisfied with the quality of the prints and that I can finally show everybody what I have been working on. I wanted to start with a custom Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinshield for my personal machine. I emailed Scott Danesi TheNoTrashCougar with my plans and he sent me a logo for TNA and granted me permission to use the design. I was very excited because I love the game and I knew that a purple Pinshield would really look good and would compliment the back-glass. I would like to start the run in 10 days. If you are interested in ordering one please visit my Pinside shop and place your order. The printed TNA Pinshield will be $69 not including shipping. After the TNA run is complete, I would like to start making Pinshields for other titles. Let me know what you think!

IMG_8193 (resized).jpgIMG_8193 (resized).jpgIMG_8239 (resized).jpgIMG_8239 (resized).jpg
    #185 3 years ago

That is pretty awesome, wish I had not recently let my TNA go. I would really like to see one for my #The Addams Family and #Twilight Zone

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

That is pretty awesome, wish I had not recently let my TNA go. I would really like to see one for my #The Addams Family and #Twilight Zone

Yeah I would love to do something cool for both of those titles, its just going to depend on copyright and licensing. I will keep you posted

#187 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Ditto...looking for red and blue.

Hey Polar bear, I will have blue available shortly, Ill see what I can do about finding some red

1 week later
    #188 3 years ago

Bobby Orr, Harlem and Embryon will look awsome in blue.

#189 3 years ago

anyone else having trouble getting to the website?

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from fingersport:

anyone else having trouble getting to the website?

I was on there making some adjustments, it should be ok now

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Bobby Orr, Harlem and Embryon will look awsome in blue.

They are going to look great, just waiting on the material to come in and then I will PM you a picture of the new blue pinshield

#192 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

They are going to look great, just waiting on the material to come in and then I will PM you a picture of the new blue pinshield

Please pm me too with some pics

#193 3 years ago

Your TNA Pinshield looks great. Looking forward to new colors.

#194 3 years ago

Thank you Justin. Just got these from Justin. Thank you for making my pinballs look awesome and clean. Can't beat the price. thank you again.

IMG_6040 (resized).jpgIMG_6040 (resized).jpgIMG_6041 (resized).jpgIMG_6041 (resized).jpgIMG_6042 (resized).jpgIMG_6042 (resized).jpg
    #195 3 years ago

They fix well that I just got 3 more covers for my brother. Thanks again Justin.

#196 3 years ago

I just received an email that the color blue is close to being finished. Can’t wait. Bobby Orr, Harlem Globetrotters and Hot Doggin will look terrific.

Thanks for the advance notice.

#197 3 years ago

My zero-word Pinshield review:

IMG_20200522_131407 (resized).jpgIMG_20200522_131407 (resized).jpg
    #198 3 years ago

Thinking of giving these a try. I’ve been using inexpensive throw blankets at $2.50 each from Walmart.

Any chance of a Memorial Day sale?

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

Thinking of giving these a try. I’ve been using inexpensive throw blankets at $2.50 each from Walmart.

Aren’t these things only like 13 bucks? Haha

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

I think I will have a sale on the new blue Pinshields when I get them in stock. I will update the thread as soon as they go up. shouldn't be long

There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector/page/4?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.