(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 4 years ago

Ordered one of these for maint . I hate when my towel slides off the glass .I place parts on the towel from the machine next to it.

1 week later
    #102 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

Yes I’ll be there, If you want to meet up and grab some just let me know. I wanted to get a booth but I wasn’t sure how much inventory I’d have at that time.

Sent pm. Looking for 3

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Sent pm. Looking for 3

Sorry for the late response. I will be at PAGG all day Sunday. I sent you a PM. Thanks!

#104 4 years ago

I’ve still not received mine. Ordered several weeks ago. Update?

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I’ve still not received mine. Ordered several weeks ago. Update?

Good morning, your order was shipped out last tuesday. I will PM your USPS tracking number to you this evening.

#106 4 years ago

No issue. I’m sure it will arrive today. Forgot about holiday. Most Cali orders take 5 business days. Thanks.

#107 4 years ago

I just PM'd your tracking number.

Thanks

#108 4 years ago

I just received and these are very well done. I’ll have time later to set up and take pictures. This will look much neater than towels and sheets.

I believe you would do well at one of the bigger shows. It’s always the postage that is the killer. I still see value because I have cut my own drawer liners. Let’s leave it at that. These are worth it.

#109 4 years ago

I received all 3 of mine and am very happy with the quality and fit. While I will still use my towels and throw blankets that are themed with my pins, these go down under them and actually keep the towels and blankets from sliding off which they had a tendency to do. And when I am working on one of my pins, I remove the towel or blanket on the pin next to it and I have a nice padded, no slip surface to put my tools and parts on. Very happy with my purchase!

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I just received and these are very well done. I’ll have time later to set up and take pictures. This will look much neater than towels and sheets.
    I believe you would do well at one of the bigger shows. It’s always the postage that is the killer. I still see value because I have cut my own drawer liners. Let’s leave it at that. These are worth it.

Thanks ! I’m glad you were happy with them. And yes, shipping is a killer, there’s no way around it because each mat weighs over a pound. Thanks again!

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

I received all 3 of mine and am very happy with the quality and fit. While I will still use my towels and throw blankets that are themed with my pins, these go down under them and actually keep the towels and blankets from sliding off which they had a tendency to do. And when I am working on one of my pins, I remove the towel or blanket on the pin next to it and I have a nice padded, no slip surface to put my tools and parts on. Very happy with my purchase!

Thanks again calf demon and if you decide you want more in the future I’m in Santa Clarita once a week. I could just drop them off and save shipping!

#112 4 years ago

Great product. My socket set slid off the glass right before this product arrived. Never again. Only bought one just for maint. Great fit and holds tools in place. Towel method always slid off with time.

#113 4 years ago

This is an excellent product. Very fair price and super exciting that I can now use my machines to properly hold parts while shopping other machines.

Small warning that the wide body version doesn't fit the Willams Scorpion machine I have, but that is probably expected since it is stupid wide.

#114 4 years ago

Forgot to mention the logo is recessed so balls can be placed there and will not slide out. Nice. Well thought out...

#115 4 years ago

Are there plans to sell different colors?

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Are there plans to sell different colors?

Yes, I have ordered some samples of the blue. Hopefully within a month or so I can have that option available

#117 4 years ago

Got mine. So far so good

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

logo is recessed so balls can be placed there

thats what she said (resized).jpgthats what she said (resized).jpg
    #119 4 years ago

I guess I missed the website where these are for sale? Or do we just PM you?

Thanks!

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I guess I missed the website where these are for sale? Or do we just PM you?
    Thanks!

Hi, if you are looking to place an order just click on the PinShield name that has a green checkmark next to it and that will take you to the Pinside store. From there just scroll down and pick your options and place your order. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Thanks

1 week later
    #121 4 years ago

Will you be at the Houston Show? What about INDISC?

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Will you be at the Houston Show? What about INDISC?

Good Morning, at this time we don't have any plans to be at any shows outside of CA. We are looking into having a space at Golden State Pinball Festival and INDISC. I will definitely keep you updated as the dates get closer. Thank you!

#123 4 years ago

We have gotten quite a few requests for orders from outside the US. If you would like to make an order please PM me so that i can get an actual shipping quote back to you before you place your order as we cannot offer our domestic shipping rate for international orders.

3 weeks later
    #124 4 years ago

If you purchased a custom length please remember that the turnaround time from the decal shop is about a week. I will fill the standard and widebody orders as they come in. Thank you and happy thanksgiving!

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Gonna be that guy... BF sale?

Black Friday pricing will be $14.99, Sale will begin now and go through tomorrow night. All orders that came in today will receive a partial refund back to match the Black Friday pricing.

#127 4 years ago

20% off count me in for a few more!

#128 4 years ago

PM sent yesterday

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yariv:

PM sent yesterday

sorry for the late response I’m just getting back home from the holidays! PM sent

1 week later
    #130 4 years ago

I’ve had quite a few people ask if we could cut sizes just to be used as a work mat so I’ve added the variation into the store. Shipping domestic is $5 dollars each. Thank you for all the orders on Black Friday I think we sold more in that one day then we’ve sold in the last three months combined! Happy holidays everyone!

F49A9524-95C1-4276-9CC7-474D48E7440A (resized).jpegF49A9524-95C1-4276-9CC7-474D48E7440A (resized).jpeg
    #131 4 years ago

Got my order today from BF. Was honestly a little worried because I hadn't ordered any prior to this... so it was sight unseen.
    They arrived today; packed well... and enough for all my machines.

I was only able to install the Pin2k version because I had already collapsed my pinball machines in preparation for a new garage door install (hopefully later this week). Looks like it fit like it should.

Pinshield - suggestion:
    Use plastic stretch wrap instead of elastic hair bands to keep them rolled up. There was a noticeable "compression" defect in the Pin2k mat I unrolled. Maybe it's just temporary and will "decompress" over time - At least I hope so.

I'd also suggest a label somewhere on the pinmat for sizes. As you know; I ordered three different sizes... and when I have a pinball party; they'll be all removed at the same time. I just don't want to have to figure out which mat is which thru elimination. ;D Maybe a label on both ends (top and bottom).

Other than that; these look to be good quality and will do a very good job of keeping the dust off my pins.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Use plastic stretch wrap instead of elastic hair bands to keep them rolled up. There was a noticeable "compression" defect in the Pin2k mat I unrolled. Maybe it's just temporary and will "decompress" over time - At least I hope so.

it will, though i understand that point too

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Got my order today from BF. Was honestly a little worried because I hadn't ordered any prior to this... so it was sight unseen.
    I was only able to install the Pin2k version because I had already collapsed my pinball machines in preparation for a new garage door install (hopefully later this week). Looks like it fit like it should.
    pinshield - suggestion:
    I'd also suggest a label somewhere on the pinmat for sizes. As you know; I ordered three different sizes... and when I have a pinball party; they'll be all removed at the same time. I just don't want to have to figure out which mat is which thru elimination. ;D Maybe a label on both ends (top and bottom).
    Other than that; these look to be good quality and will do a very good job of keeping the dust off my pins.

Thanks for the order Zitt, I have been looking into other ways of keeping the mats rolled up and I will test wrap a couple in the plastic stretch wrap for a few weeks and unwrap to make sure they will go back to original shape. Thanks for the recommendation. Your mats should not have a permanent indentation from the elastic band and if for some reason it doesn't decompress, PM me and ill get another one out to you. I will also be getting with the decal shop to work on getting the sizes labeled and pressed on each mat. I always appreciate any feed back i can get!

#134 4 years ago

Colors: Red and Blue

#135 4 years ago

Cool, can't wait till mine shows up from the BF order. Should be in the next couple of days then!

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

Cool, can't wait till mine shows up from the BF order. Should be in the next couple of days then!

I just checked your tracking number and it should be arriving tomorrow, I will also send it PM. Thanks for the order!

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

pinshield - suggestion:

They decompress Zitt. I had the same concern but all good.

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

They decompress Zitt. I had the same concern but all good.

Correct. I withdraw my "complaint" as it did decompress when unrolled and left on the machine.
    Not the ideal "new out of box" experience; so maybe a short note in the pinmat box explaining the issue - would eliminate any concerns.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Correct. I withdraw my "complaint" as it did decompress when unrolled and left on the machine.
    Not the ideal "new out of box" experience; so maybe a short note in the pinmat box explaining the issue - would eliminate any concerns.

Hey Zitt, I always keep mine rolled up with the elastic band. When I am ready to use it it lays back flat.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Thanks for the update Zitt, I will be including a small note with each order from now on. Just so there are no surprises

#141 4 years ago

Thanks for the update Zitt. I will include a small note with each order, Just so there are no surprises.

#142 4 years ago

Just placed an order for 3. Goodbye bath towels.

1 week later
    #143 4 years ago

My pinshields came today. Very happy with them. No more bath towels sliding off the glass.

20191223_193702 (resized).jpg20191223_193702 (resized).jpg20191223_193713 (resized).jpg20191223_193713 (resized).jpg
    #144 4 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

My pinshields came today. Very happy with them. No more bath towels sliding off the glass.[quoted image][quoted image]<

I’m glad you’re happy with them! I’m on a mission to rid game rooms of bath towels Happy holidays

6954D1DC-3ACD-4AEE-BBE4-D0D67A7EAB97 (resized).png6954D1DC-3ACD-4AEE-BBE4-D0D67A7EAB97 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #145 4 years ago

On purpose or happy accident?

IMG_2955[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2955[1] (resized).JPG
    #146 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

On purpose or happy accident?

On purpose. He said something about it previously in the thread IIRC.
    Nice design feature IMHO.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

Forgot to mention the logo is recessed so balls can be placed there and will not slide out. Nice. Well thought out...

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

Thanks again calf demon and if you decide you want more in the future I’m in Santa Clarita once a week. I could just drop them off and save shipping!

I sent you a PM a few days ago... Check your messages when you get a chance.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

I sent you a PM a few days ago... Check your messages when you get a chance.

Sorry I just PM'd you, the message that i sent out a few days ago got stuck in my outlook! All good now

There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.