(Topic ID: 251179)

PinShield The original pinball glass and playfield protector.

By Pinshield

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 534 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230928_165835.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20230909_162132 (resized).jpg
    c7964700-e4dd-4f3f-9cb5-712d7f616064 (resized).jpeg
    5cbb7efe-65a5-401d-b328-c2182f57c0df (resized).jpeg
    20230907_074507 (resized).jpg
    acdc (resized).jpg
    met (resized).jpg
    PDC04135 (resized).JPG
    PDC04136 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from jim5six:

My payment won't go through... any idea why I can't use the paypal shopping cart checkout?
    -Jim

Read Post #39

#52 4 years ago

These would look wicked awesome if they were printed with the game-specific playfield line diagram. Oh yeah, those pesky IP rules would probably apply though.

Good luck with this initiative, OP!

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nice Job! I like the product and the clean lines when used across multiple games!
    (Im too much of a cheap bastard though, I use the Free Harbor freight moving blankets that cover the rails and side art)
    Best of Luck!

Even though you have your own covers, your support and positivity is very much appreciated

#54 4 years ago

I use themed blakets or towels for my games, but they like to slide off from time to time. I think I might have to get these to put on the glass and then my towels and blankets wont slide off! lol

Seriously though... I think I might!

#55 4 years ago

Does it leave marks on the glass that you have to clean off when you remove it?
    I used stuff that looks exactly the same it's used as a tool box drawer liner and when I took it off you could see every dot where it was touching the glass like little smudges.

Hate to have to clean the glass every time you remove it.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I have had one on my Judge Dredd for over a week now, have not had any issues or needed to clean after removing it. It does not have the sticky texture like a lot of tool box liners have but it does grab the glass well so it wont slide off.

#57 4 years ago

Definitely beats the beach towel I'm currently using. Look forward to seeing feedback from the early adopters, and also seeing what Canadian shipping rates are like. Very interested!

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I used stuff that looks exactly the same it's used as a tool box drawer liner and when I took it off you could see every dot where it was touching the glass like little smudges.
    Hate to have to clean the glass every time you remove it.

The tool drawer liners typically are permeated, at least mine are. These appear to be solid through and through. Are the dots you're experiencing from the mat itself, or debris getting in the little holes of the liner?

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

I have had one on my Judge Dredd for over a week now, have not had any issues or needed to clean after removing it. It does not have the sticky texture like a lot of tool box liners have but it does grab the glass well so it wont slide off.

That's great to hear I might have to get some to use when doing repairs.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

The tool drawer liners typically are permeated, at least mine are. These appear to be solid through and through. Are the dots you're experiencing from the mat itself, or debris getting in the little holes of the liner?

No it's from the material like if you put a suction cup on a window.
    I hear these ones dont do it though so I might have to try it out. Would be great for storing tools while working

#61 4 years ago

I like this! Can't wait to see PinShield Part Deux!

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from jim5six:

My payment won't go through... any idea why I can't use the paypal shopping cart checkout?
    -Jim

See post #39

#63 4 years ago

I would consider getting one. It would protect the glass of the machine adjacent to the one i'm working on when I put tools on it.

#64 4 years ago

How does someone purchase them?

#65 4 years ago

This is a great idea!!!! Also remember,PAGG in Dixon is right around the corner!! Bring some,B looking for ya!!!!!

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

How does someone purchase them?

We released this product with our prototype model and introductory pricing so we could get feedback on how it can be improved. We have received lots of great comments already and will resume sales with our new and improved version soon. We will be sure to post pictures as soon as it is ready!!

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

This is a great idea!!!! Also remember,PAGG in Dixon is right around the corner!! Bring some,B looking for ya!!!!!

We have already marked it down on our calendars. Hoping to ramp up production so we can be at the show with a stack of these ready to go!!

2 weeks later
    #68 4 years ago

Just curious if anyone received theirs yet? I did not order one but wanted to and wanted to see what people thought of the product.

#69 4 years ago

If you cut to protect lock bar and cabinet, how much would they be?

#70 4 years ago

Following!

#71 4 years ago

Any reason these aren't cut to cover the lockbar and overlap the side rails to the full edge? Seems like it would provide some protection to the tops of the rails when folding down the back box, and when setting tools down you can easily end up hitting the lock bar and scratching it.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you cut to protect lock bar and cabinet, how much would they be?

As long as we have enough material to cover the width i don't see that it would be any extra cost because we trim off the excess anyways. It would just take a little longer at first to get the the larger mats sent to the logo shop and back because we have only been making the standard cut.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamtoth:

Any reason these aren't cut to cover the lockbar and overlap the side rails to the full edge? Seems like it would provide some protection to the tops of the rails when folding down the back box, and when setting tools down you can easily end up hitting the lock bar and scratching it.

It would offer extra protection with the rails and lockdown bar covered, I personally just always thought they were more aesthetically pleasing resting in-between the rails and lockdown bar.

#74 4 years ago

Here are some pics of the new logo design that we have been working on. We should have a solid date by tomorrow evening when we will be able to start shipping out again.

PS (resized).jpgPS (resized).jpgPS1 (resized).jpgPS1 (resized).jpg
    #75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Only68s:

Here are some pics of the new logo design that we have been working on. We should have a solid date by tomorrow evening when we will be able to start shipping out again.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great

#76 4 years ago

Super clean look...I like it

#77 4 years ago

Nice looking product...how much are these?

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Nice looking product...how much are these?

Thank you! They are $18.99. We ran the first day at an introductory rate just to see if there was interest in the product. We were able to get some feedback from a few folks locally and on Pinside and we moved forward with a new stlye logo.

#79 4 years ago

We have processed a few orders through our Pinside shop, It appears we no longer have the issue with the checkout that we had initially.

#80 4 years ago

I will be ordering 3, any news if you can put specific game art on them?

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

We have processed a few orders through our Pinside shop, It appears we no longer have the issue with the checkout that we had initially.

Is the shop online?

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I will be ordering 3, any news if you can put specific game art on them?

PM'd

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

Is the shop online?

Yes, the shop is up and everything seems to be running perfectly!

#84 4 years ago

I agree that they look better sitting between the rails and lockbar, but protect more by covering them. I would probably opt for the better protection over cosmetics personally. Either way, I am probably down for 3 of them. 2 widebodys and a standard.

#85 4 years ago

Would be interested if I could get these with a custom logo on them

#86 4 years ago

Logo would be really cool, but wouldn't this create licensing issues? I kind of like the generic cover. That way its not tied to a specific game.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Logo would be really cool, but wouldn't this create licensing issues? I kind of like the generic cover. That way its not tied to a specific game.

My logo, not the game’s logo

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

My logo, not the game’s logo

We are actually doing this for another local business already. As long as you could get me a large file with your logo, we could add it in a single color.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

That's correct, licensing is an issue but we think it would be a worthwhile investment. We will update you as we get more information.

#90 4 years ago

Let’s say you wanted it to say Jurassic Park or any other newer game it would be in violation of copyright?

If it was your first or last name or the name of your business or arcade it would be ok?

Too bad. It would be nice to have the name of the game on each.

I ordered. How long before you start shipping? No hurry. Just asking.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Let’s say you wanted it to say Jurassic Park or any other newer game it would be in violation of copyright?
    If it was your first or last name or the name of your business or arcade it would be ok?

I think game specific art does not look good in a row of multiple pins...when they all look the same its such a clean look

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Movie titles arent copywrite protected...they can be trademark infringements, but as long as you arent using fonts or logos, probably ok.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

We will receive our shipment back with the new logo no later than Saturday. If it comes in before noon then we will ship all pending orders out Saturday. If we receive them after noon on Saturday then all orders will be shipped out at 9 am on Monday morning. Starting next week we will begin shipping all orders out every Wednesday and Saturday. Thank you everyone for your patience and for your support!

#94 4 years ago

I'm assuming these are shipped rolled up? How is the memory when unrolled? Also, how is storage when you have people over? Do you just lean them up against the wall or something?

I just like the idea that I wouldn't have to clean the glass every weekend when I have people over.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Movie titles arent copywrite protected...they can be trademark infringements, but as long as you arent using fonts or logos, probably ok.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm assuming these are shipped rolled up? How is the memory when unrolled? Also, how is storage when you have people over? Do you just lean them up against the wall or something?

Correct, they are shipped rolled up. When you unroll the Pinshield for the first time just lay it out on a flat surface with the rolled edges facing down and it will flatten itself back out in about an hour.

#96 4 years ago

When you take them off of a machine you can just drape them over a chair or roll them back up and put them away until you are ready to recover your machine.

#97 4 years ago

They are looking better with every picture!

Two questions, if you dont mind. Are their any plans to have a product that drapes over the rails, and covers/protects cabinet art?

Regardless of above, do you have a prepacked amount/quantity that makes sense to offer?
    ie, you receive 24 in a box, so selling 24 at a time, by putting a label on the box, as well as say dozen pricing?
    (Maximizes shipping too.)

Thanks! I like what you have made very much!

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They are looking better with every picture!
    Two questions, if you dont mind. Are their any plans to have a product that drapes over the rails, and covers/protects cabinet art?
    Regardless of above, do you have a prepacked amount/quantity that makes sense to offer?
    ie, you receive 24 in a box, so selling 24 at a time, by putting a label on the box, as well as say dozen pricing?
    (Maximizes shipping too.)
    Thanks! I like what you have made very much!

First of all thank you! We really like how the new logo turned out as well

At this time we don't have the option of getting a big enough sheet to cover the top and sides of the machine in one piece. We could cut 2 pieces that would be able to drape over the sides and we could send a couple of adhesive backed hooks with the roll so that it could be attached on the bottom of the cabinet and keep the material taut. Not sure how great that would look though

All of our PinShields are measured/cut by hand and sent to a local printing shop. We do offer a volume discount which we have in place with a local pinball retailer/repair shop here in Bakersfield. Shipping would be actual cost, we wouldn't need any handling fees or anything like that. Send us a PM with the quantity you have in mind and i'm sure we can work something out.

#99 4 years ago

Will you be at pin a go go next weekend?

#100 4 years ago

Yes I’ll be there, If you want to meet up and grab some just let me know. I wanted to get a booth but I wasn’t sure how much inventory I’d have at that time.

Quoted from shovelhed:

Will you be at pin a go go next weekend?

There are 534 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinshield-the-pinball-glass-and-playfield-protector/page/2?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.