(Topic ID: 276692)

Introducing PinCoasters (AKA Pin Foots, Footies)

By PinCoasters

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by pickleric
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

coast4 (resized).jpg
    Coast1 (resized).jpg
    Coast3 (resized).jpg
    Coast2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5689 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5688 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Hi All,

My son and I have been working with Bryan Kelly to recreate his Pin Foots at the same level of craftsmanship and consistency that Bryan's product is known for. I'm happy to say that we are officially ready to start taking orders.

We wanted to play by the rules, so we created this account and a Pinside Biz to sell our PinCoasters and a few other pinball-related novelties that will be revealed soon.

The PinCoasters without felt are officially ready to go and are priced at $25 per set. They will ship in a USPS flat rate box.
    The PinCoasters with felt will be ready soon and will be priced at $28 per set. They also will ship in a USPS flat rate box.

More photos will be posted soon, we are just waiting for our "lightbox" to arrive.

--Paul

IMG_5688 (resized).jpgIMG_5688 (resized).jpgIMG_5689 (resized).jpgIMG_5689 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #2 3 years ago

Lightbox finally arrived! Here are some nicer pictures of the coasters.

Coast1 (resized).jpgCoast1 (resized).jpgCoast2 (resized).jpgCoast2 (resized).jpgCoast3 (resized).jpgCoast3 (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago

Is the felt in the bottom?

#4 3 years ago

Yes, we have options for a felt bottom, a cork bottom, or a regular bottom.

#5 3 years ago

Perfect timing! I was just thinking about getting another set of these.

#6 3 years ago

I have these on all my games. Great quality and they look awesome. Glad someone is carrying the torch!

1 week later
    #7 3 years ago

Hi All,

Fresh sets of PinCoasters headed out the door!

The felt bottom and cork bottom options are also now available in our Pinside shop.

We hope to have another exciting product available in the next week or so.

--Paul

coast4 (resized).jpgcoast4 (resized).jpg
    #8 3 years ago

Got my order. Just as quality as the Bryan Kelly ones . Thanks!

#9 3 years ago

What bottom material do you recommend for different floor types? Carpet? Tile? Wood? Vinyl Laminate?

I have vinyl laminate flooring and these seem like a great option, but not sure what material to get for the bottom. I don't want these to act like magic sliders These look nice!

#10 3 years ago

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the kind words! We have had a few other people with laminate floors buy the sets with the cork backing. I'll send over some emails and find out how that backing is working out for them.

For carpet, most people buy the regular/plain sets.
    For hardwood, most buy the felt backing or the cork backing.
    For laminate, at least as far as we know, the cork backing has been the favorite.

Hope this information helps!

--Paul

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinCoasters:

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the kind words! We have had a few other people with laminate floors buy the sets with the cork backing. I'll send over some emails and find out how that backing is working out for them.
    For carpet, most people buy the regular/plain sets.
    For hardwood, most buy the felt backing or the cork backing.
    For laminate, at least as far as we know, the cork backing has been the favorite.
    Hope this information helps!
    --Paul

How about concrete? My pins are half on the oriental rug, the other is on the concrete. Ran out of space! Nudging on the concrete sucks.
    I’m thinking maybe the ones without backing would slide really well across the slab floor?

#12 3 years ago

I'm thinking that no backing would work best for the concrete floor and we could put some extra clear on the bottoms for you. The variable might be how smooth that concrete floor is. If you nudge like I do, I think the extra clear could help!

--Paul

2 years later
    #13 8 months ago

PinCoasters hey there! Do you all still make these? Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pincoasters-aka-pin-foots-footies?hl=quick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.