PMIX TentBen (resized).jpg
Playing Pinball MIX X-Men (George from Rock Paper Flippers) (resized).jpg
Pinball MIX X-Men LE Ribbon (George from Rock Paper Flippers) (resized).jpg
Dark Phoenix (resized).jpg
mustang (resized).jpg
follow-that-disco-ball 2 (resized).jpg
eddie-approves (resized).jpg
IMG_6725 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

disco (resized).jpgdisco (resized).jpg

1 month later
#26 4 years ago

lol can't wait!

1 month later
#72 4 years ago

Tonight on DOMINO Pinball, the world premier of DISCO MAIDEN! Get your hips moving!

http://twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

UK 10pm, Eastern, 5pm

1 year later
#117 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So glad.....Ruin it for the rest of us as Stern is only blocking pinbrowser bc of people like you trying to make a business out of it illegally using IP/music and their choice to make money.
Really dumb.
Let's see.....I've personally enhanced GB, TMNT and JP code and haven't taken a cent from anyone. This greed is resulting in Stern blocking us and robbing the community of some really good updates as it becomes a cat and mouse game

You are not correct on Disco Maiden I have rights to the music to use it in this way. But it’s a moot point. Mark provides a service that saved me from doing it myself but myself I would have done it! And Mark is a fantastic guy and frankly doesn’t deserve your BS!

I also think you are completely wrong on why Stern is taking this action, If Mark has made more than a few grand on this I'd be amazed and its cost Stern alot more than a few grand to do what they have done so far.

From someone who manages content rights day in day out - I’d actually say that it’s what you are doing that’s causing the the issues for Stern. You are putting unlicensed content into stern games that the IP holder has not approved and that Stern does not have the rights for - remember that Stern has a very tight set of do’s and don’ts with the IP; someone streams it and gets a DCMA hit which then bounces back to the IP manager and he is like WTF? We didn’t license Sam Neill fumbling his specs to Stern wtf is going on. They then get on the hotline to Gary and Say “oi! Gary! Noooooooo!” And Gary phones the code team and says “oi code team WTF?!”

Seeing the direction Stern are headed in with the structure of their images its clear Stern are moving to an encrypted /signed image and runtime then all bets are off unless you start hacking the spike CPU to change the booter, I've done this on a number of cars so that tuners can tune them, there will be a back door into the spike hardware just a matter of finding it but the downside is that its detectable and Stern can take action (hence the EULA).

For an online service that one suspects that Stern are going to charge for; they need to be able to position the integrity of the service and the integrity of the security of the platform given its going to run in my house. These things all add up to tighter security on the code. Pinball Mix is a side show.

Neil.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

If this was a free community service it would be different, but generating money out of it = business.

sadly nonsense, whether you are doing it for money or otherwise.

#121 3 years ago

you mean you can't defend the indefensible ?

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Just thought if any modding was done privately with zero publicity there would be no need for companies to actively protect their IP. If people monetize the exploit then they have to act. But in the eyes of the law there is no difference as you mention.

privately? like all over pinside, YouTube and Facebook?

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You purchased public performance rights? Dang.

why would I need public performance rights?

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Aren't you a streamer?

yup, but a public performance license wouldn't cover streaming.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Why would it not?

might be different in the US but in the UK (and Europe) a public play license is for pubs and clubs and venues with people in them. To stream music, in effect broadcast it, you need a different piece of paper.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If you aren't streaming it, then you probably have no problems, but I am not a lawyer.
The bigger issue is that Stern is cracking down on Pinball Browser because of this kind of stuff.

_all of this kind of stuff_ not just pinball mix but all of the IP hacks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.