PMIX TentBen (resized).jpg
Playing Pinball MIX X-Men (George from Rock Paper Flippers) (resized).jpg
Pinball MIX X-Men LE Ribbon (George from Rock Paper Flippers) (resized).jpg
Dark Phoenix (resized).jpg
mustang (resized).jpg
follow-that-disco-ball 2 (resized).jpg
eddie-approves (resized).jpg
IMG_6725 (resized).JPG
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

LIVE NOW: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

A fresh new MIX on Mustang Pro. Custom made for Kevin (from Buffalo Pinball).

Giveaways on the Buffalo Pinball stream include:

- Tables for Pinball Arcade

- and a Pinball MIX $50 gift certificate.

Kevin will be attempting to achieve as many of the Pinball Arcade wizard goals that he can.

Stay safe and enjoy the stream.

mustang-mix (resized).jpgmustang-mix (resized).jpg
#102 4 years ago

Now on Youtube:

Check out Kevin's new custom Pinball MIX for Mustang Pro.

4 weeks later
#103 3 years ago

Really cool stuff

1 month later
#104 3 years ago

Can only one song be used per trigger? Curious to see if you could have a small list of songs that could randomly trigger on an event start so you heard more than that one song. I have no idea how this works so pardon my ignorance if that is a dumb question.

4 months later
#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Really cool stuff

Why thank you.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Can only one song be used per trigger? Curious to see if you could have a small list of songs that could randomly trigger on an event start so you heard more than that one song. I have no idea how this works so pardon my ignorance if that is a dumb question.

Hi there, for the SAM and Spike machines that is correct. One song per trigger. That is the limitation built into the software. With a Pinsound board you could achieve what you are asking. Different songs for main play, ball shooter groove, etc. There are challenges when doing this as the more songs you throw in, the more difficult it is to make everything flow well. Not impossible though. Speaking of Pinsound, I am about to post a Van Halen mix I made for the Shadow...

#107 3 years ago

Pinball Mix is still mixing for SAM and Spike machines, but now can start to mix for select other pins if you own a Pinsound board (or have been on the fence about getting one.)

Here is a short video demo of a full Van Halen sound package (with 30+ VH songs spanning all eras mixed in) made for The Shadow. You don't have to be a Van Halen fan to realize that you could hire Pinball MIX to create a custom sound package featuring YOUR favorite artist or style.

What artist have you always wanted to have in YOUR pin?

#108 3 years ago

Having fun mixing something a little heavier for someone's Maiden.

Made In Flames.

Pumpkin Torch (resized).jpgPumpkin Torch (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#109 3 years ago

Is this service still being offered?

#110 3 years ago

I thought this was THE reason stern tried to block pinbrowser (which I can understand) - if that's the case, hopefully not.

#111 3 years ago

Yes it’s still being offered. Reach out through FB.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

Is this service still being offered?

Yes indeed. My service is still available. Many happy clients now have their own custom mix with their own personal taste in music.

1 week later
#113 3 years ago

So glad.....Ruin it for the rest of us as Stern is only blocking pinbrowser bc of people like you trying to make a business out of it illegally using IP/music and their choice to make money.

Really dumb.

Let's see.....I've personally enhanced GB, TMNT and JP code and haven't taken a cent from anyone. This greed is resulting in Stern blocking us and robbing the community of some really good updates as it becomes a cat and mouse game

1 week later
#114 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So glad.....Ruin it for the rest of us as Stern is only blocking pinbrowser bc of people like you trying to make a business out of it illegally using IP/music and their choice to make money.
Really dumb.
Let's see.....I've personally enhanced GB, TMNT and JP code and haven't taken a cent from anyone. This greed is resulting in Stern blocking us and robbing the community of some really good updates as it becomes a cat and mouse game

I am sorry you feel this way. Maybe you are not clear on my service. Though there may be others that sell premade mixes or take donations to distribute them, this is NOT what Pinball MIX offers.

I understand your frustration, but please do not pass the blame on me. I have been doing this for years now, and I have not been approached once about the subject. It is easy for people to spread false accusations and rumors. Unfortunately, misinformation can be quite destructive.

To be clear:

Pinball mix exclusively mixes the owners music (that they own) into their machine (that they own).

They are all one of a kind and special to the client.

Pinball MIX is no different than what you do to upgrade your own personal machine.

There are many people who do not have the time or skill-set to do this for their own machines. So I am simply an extension of their arm. Visualize me coming into their home, and helping them with the process for their own custom adventure.

Again, please do not confuse me with someone who is selling a premade mix. I am not sourcing music or anything else for anyone. I am just the service. Not the product.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Also, have a safe and happy holidays!

Mark
Pinball MIX

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

I am sorry you feel this way. Maybe you are not clear on my service. Though there may be others that sell premade mixes or take donations to distribute them, this is NOT what Pinball MIX offers.
I understand your frustration, but please do not pass the blame on me. I have been doing this for years now, and I have not been approached once about the subject. It is easy for people to spread false accusations and rumors. Unfortunately, misinformation can be quite destructive.
To be clear:
Pinball mix exclusively mixes the owners music (that they own) into their machine (that they own).
They are all one of a kind and special to the client.
Pinball MIX is no different than what you do to upgrade your own personal machine.
There are many people who do not have the time or skill-set to do this for their own machines. So I am simply an extension of their arm. Visualize me coming into their home, and helping them with the process for their own custom adventure.
Again, please do not confuse me with someone who is selling a premade mix. I am not sourcing music or anything else for anyone. I am just the service. Not the product.
Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
Also, have a safe and happy holidays!
Mark
Pinball MIX

Mark with all due respect, you're a service that delivers a product to someone and they pay you for it. You're using IP you don't own (the music you're injecting) and creating a mix for someone to use. I could care less about it but you're making money off it and no doubt led to this new agreement Stern is now requiring all of us to sign bc they're aware of this. Others were doing it as well and I've issued similar warnings. The making money part was the killer.

Now it's too late. Just bothers me that people had to be greedy and now the community suffers. That's all.

#116 3 years ago

If this was a free community service it would be different, but generating money out of it = business.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really dumb.

You are not correct on Disco Maiden I have rights to the music to use it in this way. But it’s a moot point. Mark provides a service that saved me from doing it myself but myself I would have done it! And Mark is a fantastic guy and frankly doesn’t deserve your BS!

I also think you are completely wrong on why Stern is taking this action, If Mark has made more than a few grand on this I'd be amazed and its cost Stern alot more than a few grand to do what they have done so far.

From someone who manages content rights day in day out - I’d actually say that it’s what you are doing that’s causing the the issues for Stern. You are putting unlicensed content into stern games that the IP holder has not approved and that Stern does not have the rights for - remember that Stern has a very tight set of do’s and don’ts with the IP; someone streams it and gets a DCMA hit which then bounces back to the IP manager and he is like WTF? We didn’t license Sam Neill fumbling his specs to Stern wtf is going on. They then get on the hotline to Gary and Say “oi! Gary! Noooooooo!” And Gary phones the code team and says “oi code team WTF?!”

Seeing the direction Stern are headed in with the structure of their images its clear Stern are moving to an encrypted /signed image and runtime then all bets are off unless you start hacking the spike CPU to change the booter, I've done this on a number of cars so that tuners can tune them, there will be a back door into the spike hardware just a matter of finding it but the downside is that its detectable and Stern can take action (hence the EULA).

For an online service that one suspects that Stern are going to charge for; they need to be able to position the integrity of the service and the integrity of the security of the platform given its going to run in my house. These things all add up to tighter security on the code. Pinball Mix is a side show.

Neil.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

If this was a free community service it would be different, but generating money out of it = business.

sadly nonsense, whether you are doing it for money or otherwise.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

sadly nonsense, whether you are doing it for money or otherwise.

Just thought if any modding was done privately with zero publicity there would be no need for companies to actively protect their IP. If people monetize the exploit then they have to act. But in the eyes of the law there is no difference as you mention.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You are not correct on Disco Maiden I have rights to the music to use it in this way. But it’s a moot point. Mark provides a service that saved me from doing it myself but myself I would have done it! And Mark is a fantastic guy and frankly doesn’t deserve your BS!
I also think you are completely wrong on why Stern is taking this action, If Mark has made more than a few grand on this I'd be amazed and its cost Stern alot more than a few grand to do what they have done so far.
From someone who manages content rights day in day out - I’d actually say that it’s what you are doing that’s causing the the issues for Stern. You are putting unlicensed content into stern games that the IP holder has not approved and that Stern does not have the rights for - remember that Stern has a very tight set of do’s and don’ts with the IP; someone streams it and gets a DCMA hit which then bounces back to the IP manager and he is like WTF? We didn’t license Sam Neill fumbling his specs to Stern wtf is going on. They then get on the hotline to Gary and Say “oi! Gary! Noooooooo!” And Gary phones the code team and says “oi code team WTF?!”
Seeing the direction Stern are headed in with the structure of their images its clear Stern are moving to an encrypted /signed image and runtime then all bets are off unless you start hacking the spike CPU to change the booter, I've done this on a number of cars so that tuners can tune them, there will be a back door into the spike hardware just a matter of finding it but the downside is that its detectable and Stern can take action (hence the EULA).
For an online service that one suspects that Stern are going to charge for; they need to be able to position the integrity of the service and the integrity of the security of the platform given its going to run in my house. These things all add up to tighter security on the code. Pinball Mix is a side show.
Neil.

Neil - you're so misguided on this it's not even worth a response. thewool understand what's happening here. Cheers mate.

#121 3 years ago

you mean you can't defend the indefensible ?

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Just thought if any modding was done privately with zero publicity there would be no need for companies to actively protect their IP. If people monetize the exploit then they have to act. But in the eyes of the law there is no difference as you mention.

privately? like all over pinside, YouTube and Facebook?

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You purchased public performance rights? Dang.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You purchased public performance rights? Dang.

why would I need public performance rights?

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

why would I need public performance rights?

Aren't you a streamer?

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Aren't you a streamer?

yup, but a public performance license wouldn't cover streaming.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yup, but a public performance license wouldn't cover streaming.

Why would it not?

#128 3 years ago

I guess I am confused here with this argument. I have used Mark/Pinball Mix's services. I had to buy every song from say iTunes/Amazon and provide it to Mark that was used in developing my mix. He made sure I purchased the songs as part of the process. I had to sign a paper and provide it back to Mark that I would not copy or sell the created product. If I sold the game, I also put in writing I would remove the created SD card and replace with the original OEM. All of which I will abide by if the time comes to sell. Integrity is important to me. iTunes/Amazon sells music to people who then have the right to use said songs on their personal devices to listen too. This is a well established and ethical business. In my case, I have the right to and I am electing to listen to said music through my pinball machine versus say an IPAD. Mark provides a service for people like me who struggle with computers ( and trust me he can attest to that by all the stupid questions I asked through the project). I do not believe he is making a lot of money for his time, but criticizing him for running a business is ludicrous. Why not critizize every Mod company, ColorDMD, pin sound,pinwoofer,restorer, hell even Stern/JJP ,whoever, for running a business. This Hobby would not be a Hobby if it were not for all the people who create pinball machines as A BUSINESS. Heck, pinball was originally all about people putting money into a machine for fun as a business.

Mark has put protocols in place to protect himself, the music producers and actually his customers not to sell IP. How many people are downloading custom music ,sounds, etc. Loading them in their games and then selling their games with "Custom" code as an upgrade that imparts enhanced value. Some may be on this thread. I think that is more the issue here than Mark's services.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Integrity is important to me. iTunes/Amazon sells music to people who then have the right to use said songs on their personal devices to listen too. This is a well established and ethical business. In my case, I have the right to and I am electing to listen to said music through my pinball machine versus say an IPAD.

If you aren't streaming it, then you probably have no problems, but I am not a lawyer.

The bigger issue is that Stern is cracking down on Pinball Browser because of this kind of stuff.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If you aren't streaming it, then you probably have no problems, but I am not a lawyer.
The bigger issue is that Stern is cracking down on Pinball Browser because of this kind of stuff.

As long as I am using for personal and private purposes of course should be no problems. In this situation, I payed for the music. Now if one goes public with it to get an advantage then yes it can be an issue.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Why would it not?

might be different in the US but in the UK (and Europe) a public play license is for pubs and clubs and venues with people in them. To stream music, in effect broadcast it, you need a different piece of paper.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

_all of this kind of stuff_ not just pinball mix but all of the IP hacks.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

might be different in the US but in the UK (and Europe) a public play license is for pubs and clubs and venues with people in them. To stream music, in effect broadcast it, you need a different piece of paper.

Yeah, I think the US is more of a mess than EU as far as this stuff goes. I may have said the wrong license type (still not sure) but I'm certainly following the DMCA stuff with interest.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

_all of this kind of stuff_ not just pinball mix but all of the IP hacks.

Definitely. The video replacements, all of it, are garnering so much attention it was only becoming a matter of time before Stern was forced to make some effort to stop it. Adding money into the mix complicates it too, IMO.

#134 3 years ago

- Adding money into the mix complicates it too, IMO -

This is what I was trying to say. Exploiting the firmware is already cheeky, but making money from it is blatantly taking the piss.

6 months later
#135 2 years ago

Really enjoying my Pinball Mix for my Star Wars Premium from Mark. He is very professional and provides a great service.

#136 2 years ago

Mark, if you're still around, please PM me. Thanks.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Mark, if you're still around, please PM me. Thanks.

He’s not around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine/page/3?hl=pinballmix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.