Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

highspeed_pf.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    12606792895892144355174.jpg
    IMG_1961(1).jpg
    1274027_598808480171371_1979841479_o.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Metallica_Pro_PF.jpg
    fr_382.jpg
    IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    IMAG0322.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    leds.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hey Everyone! First off, I want to give a quick shout out to everyone who has tested and bought some bulbs so far. Your input was great and we are ready to sell to everyone!

Our website is www.PinballBulbs.com and we are also offering a 10% discount to Pinside members! You can use the discount code 'pinside' (no quotes) to receive 10% off your order!

Bulk Discount: For any order of 100 LED pieces, of any kind you can get 15% off. Just use '15off'. This can be 100 bulbs of any combination as well, doesn't have to be 100 of just one color/style.

All of our bulbs use the same LED bulb for easy of use. The frosted are nice and bright, especially the dimmer colors such as orange and yellow. For comparison sake: The bulb inside itself can be compared to the Cointaker susperbright style. They are the larger square bulbs that run about 1.09-1.19$ on their website. We priced all of our bulbs at .75 cents a bulb across the bulb. You can remove the cap of any frosted or clear dome and turn it into a super bright.

We are also offering some other mods at the moment, including shooter rods.

We have some hadn painted, hand molded wolverine and hulk shooter rods. the wolverine is at http://pinballbulbs.com/products/xmen-wolverine-pinball-shooter-rod . I will be adding the hulk rod tonight.

I will also be adding a sample pack that can be ordered from the site.

If you have any questions at all please shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to help or contact us through the website!

Free Bulb Giveaway: (slots are filled! No more free bulb PM's please!)
    For the first 20 folks to message I will go ahead and send out a small sample set of bulbs.

Please send me a PM with the following information

Full Name
    Address

Thanks everyone!

How to remove cap:

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from vulture:

Sounds interesting, and you're in my neck of the woods! I'd like to check out the samples.

Make sure to shoot a PM (I will announce when limit is reached)

Quoted from zerbam:

nice easy to navigate website...will you be setting up at any shows?

We are planning to be at the NW Pinball show in Seattle!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I have been on the fence about leds as I think they can be overwhelming. but I would like to try them under inserts, leaving the GI alone. OTOH, less heat in the back will be a good thing too. what are your thoughts on this?

Definitely less heat and less energy used overall, hence the less heat. I would shoot a PM if you haven't and try some out. Our prices definitely should allow you to try them out without spending too much!

#33 11 years ago

All free slots have been filled! (23 actually before I cut it off). All 23 will have their bulbs sent out tomorrow morning.

Thanks everyone! Let me know if you have any questions. Of course, feel free to order a couple bulbs on the site or message me with questions about pricing, quality etc. Hopefully the lower prices will help overall.

Also, we will be carrying Ghost Busting shortly. A bit more going into those regarding the circuitry, but we hope to carry them soon enough!

EDIT: By the time I posted this there were 26 total. We will go ahead and honor all PMs sent above this post. Thanks again!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Any idea on the price yet? Any plans for flex?

Not 100% on pricing yet. Probably looking in the range of $1.30 ish for non-ghosting.

Will definitely be adding flex! Same time as non-ghosting.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from dankme:

Awesome! Can't wait to see your product. I was late to the free sample party though.
    So are you making these LEDs yourself? (As opposed to some of the other ones out there that are nothing more than car LEDs from China that are being sold as Pinball LEDs.)
    And if you are making the LEDs, have you found a solution for the flicker issue common to standard LEDs used in a pinball machine?

We don't personally make them.

As mentioned above, the current stock does not contain non-ghosting, but will shortly. Along with flex LEDs as well!

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Do you offer any bulk discount?
    Thanks!

Yup.

Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

See website: yes, email for details.

Thanks! Go ahead and email us over. I will tell you we don't offer massive bulk discounts. This is primarily due to the pretty low and competitive pricing structure already.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

do you have an example of the purple one lit up? most purple bulbs I've seen are more pink

Our purples are very purple. The bulbs simply don't photograph too well unfortunately. You can grab a couple from the site if you would like. Use the pinside discount and it shouldn't be any trouble.

#60 11 years ago

P.s - A fellow pinsider pointed out an error with the pinside code. I have corrected and all is working now.

Thanks for working with us on that!

#61 11 years ago

All samples have been sent out!

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Any plans to offer kits for specific machines in the future?

Yup! Here are the upcoming items to be added shortly

- Kits (machines will be sporadically added over time)
    - Flex style bulbs
    - non-ghosting bulbs
    - flat top dimmer bulbs for when you don't want the serious brightness or mega glow

#79 11 years ago

I have had a ton of people asking about bulk discounting. So, I have created a new promo code for orders over 100 pieces total. This can be 25 red, 25 blue, 25 green, 25 yellow or 100 reds etc. Just over 100 of anything.

The discount for those orders will be 15% off. You can use '15off'!

(If you are wanting to order something over 1,000 just shoot me a message I can get you something worked out)

#83 11 years ago

What markmon said. Pinks and Purples cost us a lot more than the other colors. I would guess a more uncommon color in the world of LEDs perhaps? Not overly sure, but that is why we mark them up slightly higher.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

Best of luck on your business.
    Any flexes in the works?

Yup!

- Kits (machines will be sporadically added over time)
    - Flex style bulbs
    - non-ghosting bulbs

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

Heh, tried to order, site is down.

Ah so sorry about that! I was up nice and early to run a quick update on the order creation, but of course we are west coast so east coasters are 3 hours ahead. I'll try to run these at midnight from now on, although they will be super few and far between.

Site is up, so sorry guys! Was down there in maintenance mode for roughly 15-20min.

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

How do you order a sample pack? What's in it? Thanks.

I haven't added the sample packs yet, although you can snag 1-2 of each bulb you would like to try. That seems to be a really common thing I am seeing people doing!

Quoted from Crash:You're an imbecile.
    How do these compare to CoinTaker's warm white LEDs? Do they use super bright chip LEDs or something else for those?

I believe cointaker's frosted bulbs use the 2 smaller LED chips inside them while ours are currently using the 1 larger chip.

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

Processing happens. No worries there.
    Coupon code for the pinside discount is still not working, though.

Updated!

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

This is cool! Thanks for the offers of free bulbs (that I missed out on). Yay competition. Best of luck to you!
    One question, possibly a stupid one.
    Is there an LED bulb that will work like a 455 blinking bulb? If so, do you have them or will you?

a 455 blinking LED does exist. I believe it only comes in white, not 100% on that though. We do nt currently carry them, but I am getting things added fairly often and some of the specialty bulbs are in the mix to get added as well.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Question, do overseas suppliers manufacture these with pinball in mind? Or can they be used for other general purposes?

Well, they are 6.3 volt so I imagine anything with the same or highly similar voltage they will work. The bayonet and wedge base are common fixtures for many other items so perhaps they would if the voltages were correct.

#109 11 years ago

So I added a sample pack product to the site. I had a number of questions about what to order for a sample. This will include all the colors in frosted and clear domes so you can get an idea of how they work.

http://pinballbulbs.com/content/led-bulb-sample-kit

(I will get a pic of the sample pack up later today)

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

Just curious no #89 bulbs? Or am I missing them.

Correct, no 89 or any flasher styles at the moment.

#139 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Got my free samples yesterday. My quick review:
    Product: No idea, I'll have to ask my Postmaster.
    Packaging: Thumbs-down.

That sucks, really sorry on that. Only the free samples were sent in envelopes for cost saving since we were paying shipping, packaging and product out of pocket. One other person had this happen. Feel free to pm me your address and I'll resend you some, no worries!

Edit: I pm'ed offering to get another sample pack sent out in our boxes.

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from kickabit:

This looks like a great product. I'd really like to order from pinballbulbs.com but the form is sending all the data unencrypted. Maybe nobody else cares but I'd rather not have all my information; e.g name, address, credit card number, sent across the internet in a way where anyone could read it. Any chance pinballbulbs.com will have secure checkout or paypal options in the future?

You do have a Paypal checkout option. The "credit card" option is secure as it runs through Paypal payments pro as well Doesn't even run through our servers.

My apologies for the confusing site. I had actually tried to make it fairly simple and straight forward. Quick and easy to add products with whatever quantity and no need to always go back and update cart. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message and I'd be happy to correct any site issues!

#141 11 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Color and brighhtness on the new bulbs is good. With the dome off they seem a bit brighter than Cointaker supers and slightly dimmer than PBL's f'n brights. The colors seem a bit richer in inserts as well.
    I use a lot of Cointaker Retros in warm white for GI so that was the second thing I compared. Hard to tell in photos, but the new bulbs are a very slightly cooler color temperature than Cointakers in a side by side, and also slightly brighter. Pretty cool that the bulbs are multi-purpose, take the dome off for a super, put it on for frosted or retro.
    In short, very nice product, as good or better than the competition at a lower price point + pinsider and bulk discount and fast, cheap shipping.

Thanks for the review and pics! I like the side by sides!

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Well, today I got a PO "we screwed up your mail" envelope with the original torn envelope, a key, and a nasty message about how I shouldnt be mailing keys. No bulbs. Hope someone doesnt really need this key for something. Lol.

I like the "damage in handling in the postal service..." stamp. Arg!

If you want to shoot me your address again I'm happy to send some out in one of our standard shipping boxes which haven't had any Post Office issues...yet!

The envelopes for samples were a bad idea it seems on my part. I'm just not sure how 2 ounces worth of bulbs could allow an envelope to get so shredded.

#160 11 years ago
    Quoted from tripp:

Mine must have been damaged as I'm in Seattle and you are in Portland and they haven't arrived yet....shouldn't take a week to go 160 miles. Oh well.

Yikes! Yeah, they should've been there in 1-2 days. More so on the 1 day mark. If you need samples resent, I'm happy to oblige! Shoot me a PM!

Quoted from RobT:Got my sample and am glad to say the envelope was in one piece! Nice little assortment that was sent, I really appreciate it!
    When will you start adding other types of LEDs, including flashers etc?

Thanks Rob! We should be getting them in roughly a month or so. Working on non-ghsoting first and flexes and then will add the more "specialty" bulbs such as blinkers and flashers and those odd sized ones.

#168 11 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

Getting a count of bulbs ready. I will be oredring from you guys soon! I love superbrights and taking them apart and making light chains!

Lol what? What exactly do you do with the light chains?

#173 11 years ago
    Quoted from NathanP:

can we still get samples, Im hoping to LED a few games soon?

Yup! You can snag a sample pack at http://pinballbulbs.com/content/led-bulb-sample-kit You'll get to try 1 or 2 of all the colors and get more bulbs for your money. Definitely worth the value!

#175 11 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

My sample arrived today, as did an order from pinball life. I will be taking some pics and doing a short write-up here tomorrow. Gotta get up early for work tomorrow.
    Thank you again for the sample!

Looking forward to it!

#192 11 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

Basically Im making a flex to what ever length I want.

Fantastic! We do the same thing with LED strips and then the exact same thing you are doing, but with the light sockets to add some spotlights and give the playfield some light!

Quoted from viperrwk:

Take it out and go to put it in the mystery wheel, lo and behold, one of the wires had pulled out from the bulb when I pulled it out of the socket. Not a good start. I imagine the 44s will be ok. We'll see how the rest of them go.
    viperrwk

Not good! So, it straight up pulled all the way out? It is attached to the LED inside so that means it would've broken off. We have yet to have that happen in all our testing for our own machines. Feel free to message us if it happens some more and we can get it corrected for you!

#193 11 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

Man I love the new Avatar (your Logo) These guys have an eye too.

Thanks darras!

#195 11 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

I cant find were to register so I can make an order Oh wait I just add to the basket got it

Yup! Sorry for the confusion there. There really sin't a point to make an account without ordering so I made it so accounts are only created upon order and details are sent over to you

#197 11 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

order placed! #118 do you guys plan on making flashers too? I didnt see LED strips just the controller.

On their way actually. Should be up there this week!

#203 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Hmm still haven't gotten mine. May have to resend mine considering all the damaged envelopes.

Yours went out in a box actually. By the time your samples were requested I stopped using envelopes.

If anyone got a lovely chewed up envelope and would like samples resent please shoot me a message and I'm happy to get sent back out. Sorry about that!

#205 11 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Ok...
    So first off, no pics. All I have at the moment is a camera phone, and all the pics just came out looking like bright light.
    What I noticed right away:
    The warm-white frosteds look good! In my opinion they are not bright enough for GI work, but diffuses nicely and will look GREAT behind any BG where cool white washes out the colors (or you prefer warm white!) I can see using these in older EM games for sure, and will probably use them in my bowler BG when I get that fixed.
    Colored frosted bulbs: Again, look VERY nice. I was very much impressed with the Orange I got (which looks MUCH better than the current frosted Orange in my GnR)
    I also really liked how the frosted purple stood out. Been hunting for a few of those for a friend's MC, but haven't found any that he liked yet.
    The frosted red, yellow, and green looked just as bright as the ones I have from CT.
    The super-bright ones that I got were not frosted, and were SUPER bright (at least to me. I wouldn't use these except for spot lights. Just too bright for me.) But for some of the people on here, brighter is what they want!
    Overall, these are great bulbs! Thank you again for the sample pack. I will be placing an order when I need more LEDs. (Which should be soon, as I have 2 projects getting close to completion)

Thanks for the review, very thorough!

#210 11 years ago
    Quoted from Magicmike0:

Order 127
    Hope I picked right shipping to get em by Saturday. I picked first class.

First class with the post ofice is actually the slower option than priority mail at times. The post office is all confused

Either way, got the order and it shipped out today. Right in time for when I went to mail them off!

#211 11 years ago

The LED strips are in and we have added them! We currently have 1 LED strip style, but it is the best. They are the easy to work with 300LED/roll and RGB rolls.

You can check them out at http://pinballbulbs.com/products/rgb-color-changing-led-strip-300ledroll

#213 11 years ago
    Quoted from Magicmike0:

That's cool, that's kind of why I was thinking. Oh well. Maybe ill get them anyways ))) if not, thanks for shipping so fast dang!!! I just ordered like an hour ago. How did you get that order together and shipped so fast!!??

I was in the middle of order processing and the order got printed and packed and in the drop box!

#214 11 years ago

Looks like we got back someone's bulbs in the not so fun "we care" package. If this half of an evelope looks familiar to you let us know! lol

CAM00096.jpgCAM00096.jpg

#217 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Do you have the Cyan colored bulbs?

No Cyans at the moment.

Quoted from beatmaster:

damn those letters look bad, i hope mine will be ok, it's going through custom.

Yeah, they really do! I only sent the first batch of free samples like this. Someone let me know theres was pretty rough so I started using our regular shipping boxes for the last set. If yours is in a box it'll be just fine. If not, we may have to resend because I'm sure customs will eat that envelope right up!

#219 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

So I think the shipping conformation number you sent me is a bit wacky.
    Shows that the package shipped from California back in 2012 and arrived in North Carolina on June 8th of 2012.
    Maybe stamps.com is on the fritz?

Once it is scanned into the computer it will update. The USPS reuses tracking numbers.

#223 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dawson:

Can I pick some up live ? I will be coming up from the coast on Tuesday I need about 70 bulbs ... The Oregon coast Manzinita ... Thanks

I can get them shipped out for you, not a problem. The local pickup on the site is for 2 of the local ops who I deliver them to since they order such large quantities and quite close to me.

#232 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Do they ghost? I'm thinking of giving them a shot. Cointakers do not ghost and work really well!

These currently ghost. Cointakers that are comparable to These ghost as well. Their non-ghosting are about 1.59 or so a piece.

We will be adding non-ghosting shortly!

#238 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

I hope mine come today! Does the resistor on CT's bulbs make it Non-ghosting?

You have to order the non-ghosting to get that. Yeah, they do have the extra Component. If you take off the base off you can see the differences.

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magicmike0:

Almost forgot... Heheh

Nice!! Glad they got their in time for you! Post up pics of your final led job!

#247 10 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

Those LEDs look like the fatter ones that cointaker has been selling lately.
    If so, they won't fit into the holes on the playfield for the GI.

Not true. I have only had one person let me know they are tight on older gottliebs. They slightly shaved the colored ring and they fit perfectly.

They fit just fine in all other games including EMs which we have tested.

#248 10 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

us your back teeth

I wouldnt officially recommend this, but we have been known to do the same.

#265 10 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

Looks good, MagicMike!
    I just did my DM and I'm not as happy with it as I was with my F-14. The translite looks like it has a greenish tint to it. I may have to try out something else. I don't know if I'm going to find the right color temperature.

Sometimes oddly enough purples look pretty good behind certain spots of tanslites as well as plastics. They bring out the most realistic glow at times. I wouldn't have thought purple, but some people showed me theirs when I was over and it looked great actually. Just a random thought.

Quoted from ChadTower:

Have you played one during multiball with ALL LEDs? The flashers are so bright you can't possibly track the balls. It flash burns your retinas. Even the most ardent LED people I've played with concede that F-14's multiball light show isn't right for LED flashers.

I'm going to put a video up here shortly on pulling the caps off. I haven't had too much trouble when I grab with pliers and twist instead of pull or tug it sideways. I do notice the frosted are harder to get off at times. Perhaps the glue they are stuck on with holds better with the frosted style cap opposed to the smooth clears? That'd be my guess. Either way, I'll get the video up that I have tended to have success with shortly.

#274 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

The white inserts in F-14 are definitely best modded to a red/white/blue pattern to match the rest of the game. There's no use for purple on that game.

I do agree. Although, I think he meant some white inserts in general the purples can look alright?

#279 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Regarding LED smoothing methods, would it be possible and cost effective to produce an LED with a fade on/fade off circuit? This will make LEDs appear just like real bulbs and would completely eliminate flickering, strobing, and ghosting. If this can be done for around $0.80 per bulb I would be all over it!

I really doubt it for the cost part that is. Just look at the cost of a good quality ghost busting LED. Over $1. I would presume these to be roughly the same or higher actually. I will look into a design and get with my suppliers. In time, it could be down, but it seems the nature of how an LEd works it just may be not feasible.

#287 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

Frax, are there three different colors on purpose?

I don't want to answer for him, but I did ask him the same thing earlier. I believe it goes Cool white, pink, warm white, pink, cool white. From left to right.

He can of course confirm!

#291 10 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

I heard your doing mirror blades?

Correct! They should be on the site here shortly!

#294 10 years ago

Here is the quick video for the "squeeze method of removing the bulbs:

#309 10 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

Was hoping they were built to be removed and re-installed without glue...

Yes, so do I, but they aren't really priced for that. Gotta keep cost down somehow. I have been able to super glue a cap or two back on, although I usually just save that super bright I just made and grab another bulb since I find it to be just easier.

#310 10 years ago

Oh, also! I'll make another thread for it, but since I just bumped this one anyways...

We do now have mirror blades. Nice and shiny finish, they look great! Currently have for both Stern and B/W.

http://www.pinballbulbs.com/pinballmirrorblades

acdcblades.pngacdcblades.png

#313 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Ok I finally got a chance to try these. From what I can see they look exactly like the CoinTaker frosteds even though they use a super bright LED. I did find a couple of "warm warm" 44s out of the sample I received. Seriously they look JUST like incandescents, I love them. Unfortunately they were the odd ones out, and most of them have a purer white color. Is there a reason why these were warmer/more yellow? I definitely like the look of the 2 oddball ones I got. Wish they all looked like that. Tried to get a picture but it looked exactly the same as the others on camera.
    Why did that happen? Do you receive multiple orders from different suppliers/factories?

All one order. I believe you got a sample order, so just a couple warm whites and a couple cool whites? I can grab a random 10 and test them out to see if they do that to me or not as well.

#314 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Any way we can get a picture of your blades in light outside of a machine to see their reflective quality? Hard to see how well the reflect in the provided photo.

Yeah, of course. I'll go get a pic snapped here shortly and plug it into product photos as well

#316 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I ordered warm whites and considering most of them look exactly like CT's warm whites then that's what they must have been classified as. Would it be possible to take these more yellow ones and sell them in an "incandescent" category? Also, do you offer bulk discounts like 100LEDs.com?

Well, we sell a bulb comparable to the super brights (and we have caps) for only .75 cents. Those bulbs are roughly 1.09 and .89 on 100leds.com where you have to order 100 of the same color, base etc. We do offer 15off for 15% off orders of 100 bulbs or more with no restrictions on same colors or bases. So, our bulbs are a lower price to start with and then on top of that we offer the discounts.

Also, I'll have to go through and test a good handful or two of warm whites. So far all the warm whites I have seen are the exact same color. I was over somewhere where a guy who as testing for me had about 80 or so in an older bally game from early 70's or so and they all looked the same. We only get warm or cool whites, no other white packages.

Edit: Correction here on my part. It looks like recently on 100leds.com has an offer that you can comment on your order to buy in sets of 25, not just 100. I believe you still need to buy 100 to get the discount, but you can break those 100 up into 4 sets of 25.

#317 10 years ago

Here is a pic of the mirror blades. They were not the easiest to photograph it seems. They pick up everything in a reflection. They are literally "mirror" blades with quite the polished finish on them. Hope this helps!

IMG_1573.JPGIMG_1573.JPG

#320 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Wrong !!! CoinTaker is Breaking up the 100 Led Bulk to 25 of Any Color you want as Long as you stick to the 100 count @ 23% Off !! If yr Gonna Talk about CoinTaker , " Get it Right " !!

Hey thanks for that correction. My apologies, I was just trying to answer someone's question with my current knowledge. I didn't realize that had become the case. I searched around and did just read a post by them saying that what you said is true. You can order and then in the comments specify your colors.

On a sidenote, you are welcome to send us a quick PM and I will correct any info that is incorrect. As a CoinTaker rep I don't really think it is good form to come onto this thread guns ablazing. We have not gone out of our way in this thread to single out and bash cointaker in way, as I've noticed you have done a few times in the Cointaker 15% thread that was created after we launched. We have simply tried to compare the pricing to the best of our knowledge based off what is available on Cointaker's or PinballLife's websites.

Again, thanks for the correction, but as we have not posted in you thread with statements of debate, please don't post in ours. This is a thread to advertise our product, announce new products, discounts and reviews. As you mentioned in the other thread, we are not "s0me gUy pr0viding a look aliKe bulB". I will go as far to say that these, in style, are the same cointaker is offering. We have just done some work with our factory to get the bulb coloring a bit different. They already had this style base, not something we copied.

P.s - this style is used in car LEDs and has been for some time, it is not a revolutionary or new base style at all.

#323 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Lighten up bro .. I Only corrected 1 statement from you .. Yr just gett-n Started , Yr Toes will get step-d on as you go .. ( Product / Warranty wise ) .. Happy Trail's !! B_R

I am already lightened up. I totally get what you had to say, and appreciate you pointing that our for me. However, I think it was your method that was a bit rash. You implied we were talking about Cointaker as in went out of our way to do so and in a highly negative fashion. Incorrect. I was attempting to make a price comparison, which I corrected after your comment. I think your delivery loaded up with "Get it Right!!!" and tons of exlcamation points makes it seem like yelling or an attacking manner. That's all.

Anyways, thank you for that correction, but please let's keep the pinball product competition civil, clean. Two companies can co-exist just fine with their own products, service and pricing. It should hopefully benefit the community greatly!

Let's take this to a PM if we have anymore discussion so we don't get off topic here. Please do feel free to post any comments or reviews about the product or service here though of course!

#333 10 years ago
    Quoted from fflint_18:

Can I get the sample pack in just the 44/47 style since I only have EMs?
    If yes, how do I do it?
    Really curious to find the right colors and brightness for my EMs.
    I have a Flip A Card with a nice purple backglass. I tried some cheapy LEDs from Ebay and the light was just a very bright circle of light. Not very nice.
    Thanks

I would recommend you get some frosted bulbs in that case. You can snag a few of each on this page for whatever colors you would like to get, http://pinballbulbs.com/frosted1 .

Feel free to shoot me a message too if you have any requests for your order, but that should work well. It'll be cheaper than the sample pack I would imagine since you won't get the 555 style.

#336 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Are you guys gonna be at the NW pinball show this year?

Quoted from Iamdarras:

Yea whats up with the NW pinball show? any sweet specials??

We will be at the NW pinball show this year in June! We hope to have the non-ghosting,flashers and flexes by then as well!

We are also bringing 2 fully restored games with us. Some heavy hitters too so we can showcase our lighting along with spotlight kits, blades and toppers!

1 week later
    #342 10 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Best of luck with the new business. Looks like you have some great products. Wally

Thanks Wally, the support so far has been great and so far we are glad to have become a leading LED supplier among pinheads. New products are on their way and I will definitely announce and email all those that inquired when they are in!

#348 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Also, CT offers 100 LEDs for $0.59 each. Isn't that a better deal even with the coupon code?

I addressed this a few times in some of the previous posts. The bulbs being offered for .59 in bulk quantities of 100 of the same color and styles (although ive heard it can be broken into 25 lumps) are not the same bulbs we have. The similar bulbs on their site are .89 and .95 cents with the larger LED chip in them, and without any dome on top.

#351 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

So if they do come from multiple manufacturers is it possible to seperate them out if a single manufacturer produces the more warm looking LEDs? Maybe create an "incandescent" category? Or would that be too time consuming/logistically problematic?

I get what you are saying. It wouldn't be overly hard/not hard at all, just super time consuming to sort out thousands of warm to warmer whites I do have this cool testing board/box thing someone made for me to test tons at once so that may help things along and I'll see what I can do!

#359 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Any non-ghosting bulbs yet?

Not quite yet! Should be here end of May or a bit sooner. I'll definitely announce and shoot an email out to all customers so far as well

#362 10 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

How soon will you have a display showing your bulbs? Just a great tool to showcase colors and brightness.
    Thanks,
    Victor...

We have one actually that we use in person at shows etc. Bulbs don't photo quite well so I am contemplating getting a pic posted as it can limit some people from purchasing. The best bet is to snag a sample pack, it's a great value for the bulb count you get. I will see if I can get up a real nice pic of the bulbs on.

#366 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Chris from Cointaker just told me <edited> ordered 10 Premium Leds last-nite , Melissa sent <edited> an Email back say-n " Call Chris Regarding this Order "
    Your Gonna send those to China too , and have those Copied also , huh ?
    Melissa is Pissed , and She's Gonna be Pissed when she Reads this , but Chris said type it ..
    4 Years of Research & Designing these Leds to have someone Buy & Copy ..
    Here's Ya Premium's 2

I have premiums sitting right here from our same supplier. Have had a few various kinds for a while now on/off to get the proper setup. I didn't order any from CoinTaker to "copy" theirs. Again, these bulbs are available for cars in 12v version, exact same styles.

Competition is competition. I am going through the same process of getting small samples from China and working with them to get what I want in the end. I really don't think that was an appropriate response on your part. Again, I haven't stepped in CoinTaker's thread because I'd like to keep it civil, so please don't step in ours with your picture like that.

P.s - If you are CoinTaker have any issues with our products you are more than welcome to shoot me a message and we can have a phone call about it. Not a problem!

#376 10 years ago

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/miniature-wedge-base/ - Look at #14
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/ba9s-ba7s/ - #2, #3

The wedge and round base are both universal, the bulb chip is just a standard 5050 SMD LED. The same thing used on LED strips from every manufacturer. My point is we didn't send CoinTaker bulbs in and say "please copy these". We told them they were for pinballs, 6v etc and went back & forth with some samples and finally got what we wanted. Took us a few months of sample shipments to get something we liked.

Again, if you have personal issues feel free to shoot me a PM and we can discuss any issues on professional manners. I think it's in poor form to have a debate here, not the thread for it.

Sidenote - http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/emergency-strobe/ - Someone put #10 on their roadshow and add a siren! Or perhaps a child screaming while you play!

#381 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

No Pm's ..... This is my Last Post on this Thread ,, but to the Led guy's on Pinside ,, Alot of you complained about the Big Fat head on Cointakers Frosteds a Few mth's back ,, Take a look @ Pinballbulbs Frosteds .. A Re- Run ,, You guys are a 2-Steps Backwards .. Its SO Obvious !!
    Later...........

We agree Newer shipments we are getting we had them change the base to something we like better with no big ring on it. Took a bit to find a slimmer base that would still work well, but it is coming as well!

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Good luck with your sales Pinballbulbs... I think that is what this thread is supposed to be?

Thanks man ,that's what I'm hoping!

#393 10 years ago

Sooooo...we sell LEDs and such. Just in case anyone forgot the thread topic

#427 10 years ago
    Quoted from StrykersArcade:

I personally tested hundreds of different bulbs over several months in my arcade . Some great and some where total failures. The current line up from PBB is in my machines now and have been running without a failure for 100's of hours.
    I think the claim that they are copies is unfounded as I personally did a lot of testing for this company and experienced the research first hand.
    Competitor bulbs may have been used as a reference to compare product and make improvements but I think that is what every business does or should do.
    Both companies have great product and I will buy what I need from each until or unless I can find everything I want.in one place.

Quoted from Crash:

Personally I just like the frosteds, mainly due to the light spread and timid brightness that doesn't blind you when you look right at them. Of course these are best to use in exposed areas like GI and floating playfield lamps.

Thanks for putting this train back on the rails guys

#434 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

And we're going to keep it on track now, right guys? No trainwrecks on my watch! lol
    I've got 3 bulbs on Frankenstein that I can't seem to fit LEDs in. I assume it is because of the ridges on the base, because the bulbs fit sideways underneath the light boards. I have been able to force a LED in there, but it wouldn't light up after I turned the power back on. So I've got a lovely LED pin with 3 incandescent inserts in it. They are large inserts and take the wedges, so I thought maybe I needed to try the flex ones, but didn't know if the base would have the same ridge since I haven't deal with the flex ones before. Any suggestions from anyone?

So this may not be ideal, but a few folks who had this issue either used a dremel and shaved a bit off really quick or some higher grit sandpaper. I know it is of course not ideal, but that's also why bases are getting switched out.

#454 10 years ago

Sorry I missed that. They will be right after non-ghosting bulbs. All the benders will be non-ghosting since they go under the PF primarily.

Looking to get all the products I want added and then I will work on some really cool colors.

#456 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I think customer testimonials would be better than pictures for LED's. I've always waited to hear what people say about a particular brand/usage and then ordered. Used this process each time when it comes to LED's, and I've never been disappointed or shocked by what I see.

Just saw this one too. I am on the same page with this. Like others have commented, the pictures just don't do them justice good or bad. They will definitely be different from how they look in person. The best way really is to come see us at the NW show or even easier, order a small chunk from the site. The shipping is really cheap for small orders so it's not too bad to do.

#474 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Then there may not be a need to separate at all. Looks like we've gotten some consistency with these which is great! Anything you can tell James?

So, as many know we get them in 100 packs. I wonder if at times the 100 packs can have slight variance. Meaning, if we get 1000 bulbs then we get 10 packs. Maybe the last pack is after they had to change out the run? Although, we got quite a bit more than 1000 warm whites and so far I haven't found any significant or noticeable variance. What I have been doing is testing 1-2 bulbs for every warm white order to see if I can find differences.

#492 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

When are you going to get your flex bulbs?

Never! Kidding, of course. Non-ghosting will be here in a week or so. After that comes the Flex so I am guessing they will follow the non-ghosting by about 2 weeks or so. The flex will be in non-ghosting only to start as well since they are used under inserts primarily only.

#493 10 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Just placed my third order (#299) from PinballBulbs. Thanks James!

Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Just ordered 1500 myself!

Thanks for your support guys! Hope your BBQ goes well, Steve!

#500 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Any chance of getting Cyan?

Probably not for a little while. Working to add the other bulb styles first and then can expand on colors

#508 10 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Cyan, cyan, cyan!!
    NOTE: Saw your previous post on working on other bulb styles. Cyan makes more sense to me than Shooter Rods and other items that may be consuming time, but that's just me because I need them for Johnny Mnemonic.

A lot of the time consumption is back and forth with China to get the styles, bases, bulb colors etc we want. Contrary to popular belief they are not overly fast for production and we don't simply send a specific bulb back to them and ask for it to be remade. The toppers, rods etc don't take up my time that interferes with working on the bulbs, no worries!

#510 10 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/PinballBulbs - If anyone has FB and feels the need to connect there I made a FB page. Should be a cool place to put picture updates as well

1 week later
    #513 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Any update on premiums or flex? Been holding off on ordering as I want to try them out with you all but my pins are getting dimmer and dimmer!

We should have the non-ghosting plus+ at the NW pinball show this weekend and I will have them on the site to order by Monday!

#516 10 years ago
    Quoted from myork82:

I led'd AC/DC tonight and it looks KILLER!!! All the bulbs worked and there was only a few I had to bend the wires on. No biggie!!! I used the clear dome bulbs everywhere except under the ramp on the right side. In those two spots I used frosted caps.
    I have a few inserts that are ghosting so i'm looking forward to the nonghosting bulbs next week. Thanks Pinballbulbs!

Looking sharp! Thanks for posting a solid pic! DAng that PF is briiight

#522 10 years ago

Non-ghosting are here! I'm adding them to the site now in the down times at the NW Pin show. Should be up shortly and i will announce!

#526 10 years ago
    Quoted from myork82:

Are you going to have clear dome non ghosting?

I ordered all frosted for a couple reasons:

1. You only need this for the inserts pretty much so you can use a frosted bulb and if not bright enough simply pop that cap off and you get a super bright bulb which will definitely do the job

2. Frosted are a much larger seller than clear so I went with what has sold a lot more currently.

I do get clear bulbs can work well for under inserts as well, although popping cap off works really well for a bright insert and the difference between a popped off cap and clear for under insert are pretty minute. So, if the demand is high enough I could get clear dome bulbs as well, not a problem. I just didn't forsee they would be popular because caps can be popped off.

#531 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

If we were to get, say, 200 LEDs does the same discount rate apply if we buy more than 100?

Always 15% off for any order over 100 bulbs.

#534 10 years ago

Just a note. We got new shipment in for pretty much all styles and colors and they have the smaller ring on the cap so they should fit better in older gottliebs and EM machines. I will be using the old stock to ship out first, and they work just fine in nearly all games, but if you have an older gottlieb or EM please shoot me a message or mention that in order comments and I will make sure to open a new pack of the new style for you. The older style shouldn't be around for too much longer.

#536 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The colors are still the same right? Even the warm whites? By the way here's a decent photo of the variation in the early batch... proper warm white on left, cooler (more CoinTaker like) warm white on right. Also notice how the one below it is a pinkish color.

Yes. Whats up with the pic? Confused what that is on the right side of the pic. Doesn't look like a bulb, kinda blob like.

#539 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Why would the description of the No ghosting bulbs say: " Great for replacing GI lighting and for softer insert lighting that is not overly direct"?? GI lights don't ghost.
    GI lights "strobe" because they generally run off of AC power and therefore go on and off quickly creating a strobe light effect and making the ball hard to follow.
    Insert (controlled lights) "flicker" because they run on a lamp matrix that switches quickly and provides really ratty power to the bulb. LEDs are fast enough to react to every little glitch in the power, but regular bulbs are not fast enough so it is filtered out. That is why LEDs in inserts flicker unless you have an LED OCD board. This is also what gives people a headache.
    Insert lights also can "Ghost". Ghosting is caused by timing problems in the lamp matrix software. It causes the lamp to come on slightly when it is not supposed to be on. Normal bulbs are not fast enough to react to the tiny voltage glitches, so they don't ghost.
    New games like the Stern LEs and Premiums have circuitry that is made for LEDs, so they don't flicker, strobe or ghost...

More than aware Just copied the description from the other products since I was doing this on my laptop during the down times at the show.

Quoted from Crash:

That's the camera picking up the strobing. Kind of a neat effect.

Interesting. Whether I use my nicer rebel or my cell phone it never picks that up on any bulbs I've ever taken a pic of.

2 weeks later
    #548 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Exactly, on my HS 4 or 5 of the flashers are sideways to the inserts. The 2 "banana" shaped blue inserts are lit with 4 flashers each, 2 of which are sideways to the insert. These 4 bulbs allow the insert to be filled with light very evenly to avoid hot spots. So maybe a frosted flasher might do the trick for avoiding the "hot spot" effect. Is there someway of spreading the light in a 180 or 270 degree pattern for the flashers? What do ya think PinballBulbs?

It is in the works Got a few similar requests so I've been working on something!

#552 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pac-Fan:

Few questions regarding this:
    1) Have you now run out of old and only have thinner across the board?
    2) I assume this changed the frosted dome from a textured fully opaque to a non-textured thinner semi-opaque (you can now see the hot mini SMD dots on some if you look close) -- I ask as that is what happened with CT's a few months ago
    3) Are your sample packs now including all thinner samples?
    4) If I've already ordered a sample pack a while ago with the old style, can I order a new sample pack containing new styles so I can do some comparisons (as with CT there were +/- on thick/thin styles in some spots for me) ---- or are sample packs limited 1 per person?
    Thanks!

1) For the most part, but there is going to be some of the older wide ring style left. If you have a gottlieb or older style game, just let me know in the order comments and I'll make sure you get all new style.

2) We only use the one larger SMD inside which does help the "hot spots" so I haven't noticed any of that.

3) Sample packs get pre-made in batches so some might contain the newer style, but it looks like some have the older style as well. Again, just specify in order comments and I can make sure all new styles go out.

4) There is no limit per person on sample packs so by all means order as many as you need and let me know if you need those newer style bulbs.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
    #556 10 years ago

1. We totally agree! In fact, our kits don't even use yellow bublsa primarily. We like to use warm white and the secret weapon, pink, behind yellow inserts or plastics. The color itself is just so dull. We have forced them to be brighter manually, but they get washed out.

2. That really sucks! I'm gonna be honest and say I'm not too sure they can be made much thinnner, which is a bummer, but I will look into it.

3. Monday all will be here finally, hooray!

4. Glad you got it working how you liked it!

5. good to hear

#560 10 years ago

And finally here and on the site!

All flex bulbs, flashers and some new additions have arrived.

We also have the no solder spotlight kits finally done!
    http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/double-spotlight-kit-6-32 and http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/double-spotlight-kit-8-32

Also, all the flexes are currently non-ghosting

#565 10 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

you all out of cool white 44s?

Of the frosted ones we are out at the moment. Should be back in possibly by around Wednesday/Thursday of this week it looks like.

The clears are still in stock though.

P.s - lowered price of spotlights to $20

#571 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Got my LED's all put in my TSPP yesterday. The old owner used really weak colored led's in the gi and left the inserts incandescent. It was extremely dark and impossible to play.
    Kind of a crappy video job but you'll get the idea... A decent little before and after (although the attract mode kills the GI in the second half of the vid, lol)
    » YouTube video

Looking good fattrain! Now where are those spotlights??

#576 10 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

Does it cause problems to do the opposite - use a 555 bulb in a 906 slot for less intensity?

If you put a 6v bulb in a 12v socket it would be super intense, sort of like twice as intense. I would say it would be a really bright and blinding lil bulb in there. Being LEDs and their nature it wouldn't burn out as fast as an incandescent in there, but definitely not recommended.

#579 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Just off of personal testing, If you place a 6V bulb in a 12V socket, you will either burn out the bulb within a few hours of being on, or outright melt it. It gets way too hot. I wish I still had my samples from testing.

Alright, So I have 2 4pack AA battery holders going to 555 and 44 light sockets in my shipping area I use to test bulbs. Ill put both packs to the one 555 socket, which will give them 12 volts, and see how long/what will happen to the bulb itself. I know it gets at least mega bright since I've done it before messing around.

I will see if I can get a webcam on it actually and throw it on the site so people can watch it... Hey, maybe you'll see my shed burn down!

#583 10 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

Interesting... I'm pretty sure the 555 bulbs (5 high power 6.3V) have been in the backbox flashers of my FT for at least a year, probably longer and they are still working fine.

Are you sure 6v bulbs? The 5 super bright LED bulbs are commonly 13v flashers, but there is that chance they could be the 6 volt ones.

Quoted from jacklick:Read entire thread which is hilarious at times and ordered a sample pack for first led treatment.
    Would be nice to have a quick use faq for each bulb type page on your website for newbie LEDers like me. Sample pack is great to form my own opinion but a synoposis of others isn't bad.
    Frosted warm whites = some prefer these as GI and Backbox replacements
    Colored clear ??? not sure when/where I would use these
    non-ghosting = usually color matched for under playfield insert; remove cap for super bright.
    Do you ever use a white led under a red playfied insert?
    Also, I don't see any kits on the website.

About 40 kits are made. Kits only get made while we are LED'ing the machine it self. Working on getting them organized, instructions made, and on the site here in a bit!

#585 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I bought a MET Kit from Pinball Bulbs.. WOW is all i can say. Kit was perfect, not a single DOA bulb in the entire kit and every one fit perfectly. Not a complaint in the world.. they are awesome!

Thanks Pinchroma! Glad you liked the kit, even in its rougher stage instructions wise!

#587 10 years ago

Instructions were good. I added a little commentary to make them a bit better but overall very very good.

Great to hear1 Snag a pic if you ever get a chance!

I attached the one I found of ours

Metallica_Pro_PF.jpgMetallica_Pro_PF.jpg

#591 10 years ago
    Quoted from J-ride:

I was on there site this last weekend and orderd some bulbs but I didn't see any kits like you are talking about for example the Metallica game posted above

That is correct. Pinchroma tested out Metallica kit for us. Wanted to make sure everything was easy and plug n play, especially the spotlight kits and LED light strips. If you PM me we can probably get you a kit.

The Metallica kit will come with all the LEDs needed, plus spotlight kits, plsus LED strip for under backboard for about $185~ as well

1 week later
    #596 10 years ago

Our kits are finally here! Really wanted the instructions to make sense and be thorough. Also, all kits are only completed once we have personally gone through and LED'd the machine to see how it will look. Not made from a manual so hopefully helps reduce incorrect bulbs, but of course some games used a socket or two different in slots.

You can check out the currently available kits by going to http://www.pinballbulbs.com/led-kits

Each kit page lists all current kit that game has and then some lighting add-ons that are game specific, if that game has any.

All the Ultimate Full kits come with the following:
    - Backbox bulbs w/ bulb locations
    - GI Bulbs w/ bulb locations
    - Insert bulbs w/instructions and bulb locations
    - No Solder Spotlight Kits (amount depends on game and what is needed) w/instructions
    - No Solder LED Strip Kit for under the backboard (or under a ramp etc) w/instructions

We have a lot more kits done than what is on then site and I am getting them added here as fast as I can. If you don't see one on the site just message me and see if we have it. If not, we can always make that our next game to do since we have quite a few games on hand.

Thanks again for all the patience on these kits!

#599 10 years ago
    Quoted from Konajack:

The kits look great. I just wish I still had my White Water.
    The one you had on display at the NW Pinball show was awesome!
    Hopefully you will have a kit for my Scared Stiff soon.
    Steve

Thanks for the comments, steve.

Got the SS kit ready, http://www.pinballbulbs.com/kits/scared-stiff !

3 weeks later
    #607 10 years ago
    Quoted from ikrananka:

Is there an LED that operates at different light intensities with varying voltage? I'm thinking of Stern's 2007 spiderman where the bulbs operate at different light intensities depending on how many time the villians have been defeated (amongst other things).

That sounds like it could be pretty useful, but nothing currently like that we are carrying. I will look into that direction though!

#610 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

If you can make a simple fading LED that gradually fades on and fades off at the rate of a miniature incandescent that would be a breakthrough in retro pinball lighting. Really all you would need is a resistor in series with a cap, put those 2 in parallel with the LED. Voltage applied, resistor slowly charges the cap and brightens the LED. Voltage removed, cap drains and LED fades off. Also, the LED itself acts as a half-wave rectifier for AC GI circuits, and 60 pulses per second should still be plenty of power to keep the LED lit at a steady brightness.
    If you can pull off a fading warm white that would be amazing. Even more so if you can do it for under $1 per LED! It's something that hasn't been done before and would really help games that like to flash GI become not so disorienting, not to mention it would be one step further to an ideal incandescent LED replacement!

Well, sounds like a lot more circuitry added compared to the non-ghosting bulbs and those are over $1, just barely.Doesn't seem like it would be a cost effective bulb, but it always has been something we have worked on! Hopefully we can get it created!

3 weeks later
    #616 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Pinballbulbs kits look fantastic! The ONLY things that could make them look better is a 20% off Pinsider / Halloween sale

Some already are 20% off comparatively In fact, if you compare our kits and our regular bulbs and all the items you get there is no "kit markup". It's just the cost and everything put together.

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

More variety please. And colour changers. Love pinballbulbs though.

Besides color changers, what sorts of variety are you looking for?

#620 10 years ago

I wouldn't bother with stuff like that. Tried them and they are crap compared to what you already have in the line up.
    I would like blinkers in colors other than cool and warm. And colored flex blinkers

Definitely on board with this! Tested those style of bulbs are no brighter than what we have and a mess of a bulb. Blinkers are in the mix coming up!

#624 10 years ago

Hey PBB, that TOTAN I traded you had some of those under the spinning lamp if you want to see what he's talking about. They are REALLY handy for larger spots like that and the "hot dog" shaped inserts.
    Oh, and are those yellows back in stock?

Yup! Yellows are back, pretty sure I added to site a few dyays back but let me kn ow if you don't see anything. Everything is quite in stock currently, except the WoZ kits which are being made and shipped as fast as possible.

#632 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm excited to jump on board an try these. I have two sets of optiflux installed, Tron and spiderman.
    I'm very interested in seeing how your kits/bulbs compare - as I've got MM and MB along with the Woz kit on order.
    I did use the 10% pinsider discount (if there is a 20% discount I missed, I'm bummed).
    Will you be at Chicago Expo?
    Will you do a LOTR kit?

No 20% off code so you didn't miss out. Our kits are already cheaper than most competitors and come with a lot more in them!

Unfortunately, we won't be at the expo this year

We have an LOTR so we can definitely get you a kit made up. Ill see if we can get that one going this week.

1 week later
    #640 10 years ago

1. Not currently and it was intentional. Is there a good use for them under a certain colored cap? I can see possibly placing under really large white inserts, but cool whites are so popular for that it didn't seem highly useful, but let me know.

2. Yeah, another color in the works too actually.

3. pinside

2 weeks later
    #641 10 years ago

Lots of new kits added and the "mini-kits" for each game are being made!

#644 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spyder99945:

Thanks James - the Transformers kit looks awesome! The instructions were great and made the conversion very quick and painless.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey guys love my Tron kit... Quick question is there a way to tie the supplied light strip that mounts above the light cycles into the GI so it doesn't stay on all the time?
    Thanks

Shoot us a quick email [email protected] and we can look into some hacks for that!

3 weeks later
    #648 10 years ago
    Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

I am looking for a LED kit for High Speed II.
    I didn't see one on your site, anyone have recommendations ?
    regards,
    Steve

I am out of town, but was able to get it added. PM sent aswell

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/getaway-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

#650 10 years ago

Yup! Big time sale announcement coming tomorrow and will be the whole weekend!!

11 months later
    #656 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

This will happen. I have a friend with one so I'll make a kit for them.

System 11 kits have begun and High Speed is the first! More to come. Unfortunately System 11's take forever to LED, but onward!

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/high-speed-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

highspeed_pf.jpghighspeed_pf.jpg
    #658 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

How about you do Grand Lizard, just saying

Ship us one and I'm in!

10 months later
    #659 8 years ago

Haven't added new products in a while but we got some of the brightest bulbs we've seen coming in for spotlights and frosted caps will be added to these for gi as well! Ive already tested and full amount is on order! They were compared to the Pbl effing brights.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-new-led-company-free-bulbs-pinside-discount?tu=PinballBulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.