Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

highspeed_pf.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    12606792895892144355174.jpg
    IMG_1961(1).jpg
    1274027_598808480171371_1979841479_o.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Metallica_Pro_PF.jpg
    fr_382.jpg
    IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    IMAG0322.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    leds.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Magicmike0.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 11 years ago

Heyyyy, you came at the right time. I'm getting ready to order my first batch of LED's ever. I am always looking to save money.
    Questions- 1) do you guys recommend frosted for Gi's or clear ?
    2) what about backglass/backbox/translite whatever we call it?
    I was thinking of ordering all frosted and just cap off for inserts. Would that be a good assumption. I never LED'd before

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Well lookie here!
    1) I would personally recommend frosted LEDs for the GI. The light spread is second to none and there will not be a harsh hotspot when looking directly at them.
    2) A lot of people say the same thing for translites, and I agree. The 170 degree wide angle LEDs from CoinTaker just aren't bright. I put all 170's in the backbox of an Addams Family and you literally couldn't tell the backbox lights were even working. I'll be swapping those out for frosteds and using the 170s in games with brighter translites. Data East games tend to have brighter backboxes in general.

Well well well...Thanks Mr. Crash

#209 11 years ago

Order 127
    Hope I picked right shipping to get em by Saturday. I picked first class.

#212 11 years ago

That's cool, that's kind of why I was thinking. Oh well. Maybe ill get them anyways ))) if not, thanks for shipping so fast dang!!! I just ordered like an hour ago. How did you get that order together and shipped so fast!!??

Quoted from PinballBulbs:First class with the post ofice is actually the slower option than priority mail at times. The post office is all confused
    Either way, got the order and it shipped out today. Right in time for when I went to mail them off!

#235 10 years ago

Well looks like I got some work to do today. Goons bling out the ole Tomcat
    Thanks PinballBulbs for the quick and cheeeeeap shipping. Ordered Wednesday and picked first class( cheapest ) and got them today (Saturday)

#236 10 years ago

Almost forgot... Heheh

image.jpgimage.jpg

#243 10 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

I really like the idea of pulling the cap off of the frosted, it works really well for inserts!!!!
    Thanks pinballbulbs !!!

Hey. Just so I don't break them. I do want to try with clear caps off too and compare bright and super bright. How do I go about doing it? Just twist... An do they go back on if I don't like super ? Thanks.

#250 10 years ago

Ok guys here's my f-14 in all pinball bulb led's.
    -All color matched clear cap inserts except for the green which is frosted
    -all GI is cool white frosted caps except for a few red and blue frosted
    Thanks pinball bulbs for the quick shipping and a sweet product.
    This is my first led job, I maybe should have chose warm white but I just figured I'd go bright with the cools to pop with the rest of the inserts. I am already used to it and it looks clean in person. Post a pic and a vid. Thanks again to all you guys who got me this far. I gotta give big props to Crash for listening to me day after day on my jacked up flippers(wrong parts from the start from previous owner)
    Enjoy...

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#252 10 years ago

Thanks bro, I never would have had the idea of the red and blue if it weren't for you

#258 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

Man that looks awesome. I wand an f14 just so I can do that. Won't even need to play it!!!

Thanks Pafasa!

Quoted from ChadTower:Wait until you hit a multiball and the light show blinds you worse than a camera flash. F-14's light show is too intense for all out LEDs.

Yeah, I love it man! I haven't changed the flashers yet but so far it didn't take long to get used to

#259 10 years ago

Would it be considered a double post if I start my own thread to show my new creation to all? :/
    I'd like some opinions hehe.

#272 10 years ago
    Quoted from judremy:

I have seen some machines where they added some purple for some of the clear inserts. It looked good.

Oh yeah, I'll havta check into it. I tried blue in my SOF but thought it was kinda weird looking when the lights weren't on and the insert was still white. Haha. Guess playing in the dark I wouldn't see it though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Magicmike0.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-new-led-company-free-bulbs-pinside-discount?tu=Magicmike0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.