Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

highspeed_pf.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    12606792895892144355174.jpg
    IMG_1961(1).jpg
    1274027_598808480171371_1979841479_o.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Metallica_Pro_PF.jpg
    fr_382.jpg
    IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    IMAG0322.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    leds.JPG
    There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
    #351 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

So if they do come from multiple manufacturers is it possible to seperate them out if a single manufacturer produces the more warm looking LEDs? Maybe create an "incandescent" category? Or would that be too time consuming/logistically problematic?

I get what you are saying. It wouldn't be overly hard/not hard at all, just super time consuming to sort out thousands of warm to warmer whites I do have this cool testing board/box thing someone made for me to test tons at once so that may help things along and I'll see what I can do!

#352 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

So if they do come from multiple manufacturers is it possible to seperate them out if a single manufacturer produces the more warm looking LEDs? Maybe create an "incandescent" category? Or would that be too time consuming/logistically problematic?

I think its the same manufacturer based on looking at the bulbs. Probably just different runs. As for the prices, you're comparing double based bulbs at 59c to super based bulbs. Cointakers prices on the same style bulb are more.

#353 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I get what you are saying. It wouldn't be overly hard/not hard at all, just super time consuming to sort out thousands of warm to warmer whites I do have this cool testing board/box thing someone made for me to test tons at once so that may help things along and I'll see what I can do!

Well I had assumed the warmer ones came from a specific manufacturer and you just combined them from different orders. It would be nice if you could do that but don't stress over it. However, I can't be the only one who likes the warmer ones.

#354 10 years ago

Are warm whites a single color LED or an RGB led being fed a specific voltage? I've never seen an answer to that.

#355 10 years ago

Single color LED. For some reason LEDs from a single supplier are warmer than others. But I have never seen CoinTaker LEDs that warm and natural looking, so clearly there is a difference in where the two get their bulbs.

#356 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

Are warm whites a single color LED or an RGB led being fed a specific voltage? I've never seen an answer to that.

I can't speak for PBB but from CT, I ordered numerous WW colors in a multitude of form factors, and they all are single classic LEDs or SMD (mini or regular sized) ones. I tested all of them in my machine at ~6.3 V and then with a few partially used 9V batteries ranging in voltage from 5 to 7 volts, and they all produced the same color, just brighter or dimmer.

However, for CT, within a single package sealed 100 pack there were 2 distinct color tints direct from China.. one pinkish hue, one yellowish (more classic) hue. I doubt any supplier, unless they individually test each bulb out (and use a color temp meter to validate besides their eyes alone) can guarantee a consistent color out of a batch of bulbs. And if so, they won't be charging 59c each for them -- it would require at least 5-10 seconds per bulb labor costs just to test and sort. That would add an additional 10-20 cent each.

#358 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pac-Fan:

I ordered numerous WW colors

?

#359 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Any non-ghosting bulbs yet?

Not quite yet! Should be here end of May or a bit sooner. I'll definitely announce and shoot an email out to all customers so far as well

#360 10 years ago

Edit: ..ordered numerous LED bulbs in WW (warm white) color in various form factors...

#361 10 years ago

Not quite yet! Should be here end of May or a bit sooner. I'll definitely announce and shoot an email out to all customers so far as well

How soon will you have a display showing your bulbs? Just a great tool to showcase colors and brightness.

Thanks,
    Victor...

#362 10 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

How soon will you have a display showing your bulbs? Just a great tool to showcase colors and brightness.
    Thanks,
    Victor...

We have one actually that we use in person at shows etc. Bulbs don't photo quite well so I am contemplating getting a pic posted as it can limit some people from purchasing. The best bet is to snag a sample pack, it's a great value for the bulb count you get. I will see if I can get up a real nice pic of the bulbs on.

#363 10 years ago

We have one actually that we use in person at shows etc. Bulbs don't photo quite well so I am contemplating getting a pic posted as it can limit some people from purchasing. The best bet is to snag a sample pack, it's a great value for the bulb count you get. I will see if I can get up a real nice pic of the bulbs on.

I guess some LED production runs may vary from the picture. If you have one, I would love to see it, with the understanding that colors could be a little different. But from what I have seen from CT, their colors seem to be pretty much consistent.

Thanks,
    Victor...

#364 10 years ago

Any non-ghosting bulbs yet?

Not quite yet! Should be here end of May or a bit sooner.

Chris from Cointaker just told me -?- ordered 10 Premium Leds last-nite , Melissa sent -?- an Email back say-n " Call Chris Regarding this Order "

You Gonna send those to China too , and have those Copied also , huh ?

Melissa is Pissed , and She's Gonna be Pissed when she Reads this , but Chris said " Type it "
    4 Years of Research & Designing these Leds to have someone Buy & Copy ..

Here's Ya Premium 2's

Here_Ya_Go_--_Copycats_004.JPGHere_Ya_Go_--_Copycats_004.JPG

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : This post was edited to prevent an individual private info from going out. B_R please do not erase a Moderator's edit to your posts in the future.

#365 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Chris from Cointaker just told me <edited> ordered 10 Premium Leds last-nite , Melissa sent <edited> an Email back say-n " Call Chris Regarding this Order "
    Your Gonna send those to China too , and have those Copied also , huh ?
    Melissa is Pissed , and She's Gonna be Pissed when she Reads this , but Chris said type it ..
    Here's Ya Premium's 2

So a couple things to this:

1) I have hundreds of premiums here already. If I needed to get them copied then I would do that with what I have

2) I ordered these for my judge dredd game not for copying and reselling.

3) I don't appreciate my personal orders to be posted on the Internet by third parties. How is it your business what I order at cointaker and why is cointaker telling you what I order? So I guess cointaker contacts third parties now and broadcasts who ordered what? That feels very shifty. After spending thousands of dollars at cointaker, I no longer feel comfortable ordering there and having my information spread about to unrelated third parties.

4) From what I can tell, neither cointaker nor pinball bulbs has "developed" anything. These bulbs are simply created in China. Of course I don't know this first hand.

#366 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Chris from Cointaker just told me <edited> ordered 10 Premium Leds last-nite , Melissa sent <edited> an Email back say-n " Call Chris Regarding this Order "
    Your Gonna send those to China too , and have those Copied also , huh ?
    Melissa is Pissed , and She's Gonna be Pissed when she Reads this , but Chris said type it ..
    Here's Ya Premium's 2

I have premiums sitting right here from our same supplier. Have had a few various kinds for a while now on/off to get the proper setup. I didn't order any from CoinTaker to "copy" theirs. Again, these bulbs are available for cars in 12v version, exact same styles.

Competition is competition. I am going through the same process of getting small samples from China and working with them to get what I want in the end. I really don't think that was an appropriate response on your part. Again, I haven't stepped in CoinTaker's thread because I'd like to keep it civil, so please don't step in ours with your picture like that.

P.s - If you are CoinTaker have any issues with our products you are more than welcome to shoot me a message and we can have a phone call about it. Not a problem!

#367 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Melissa is Pissed , and She's Gonna be Pissed when she Reads this , but Chris said " Type it "
    Here's Ya Premium's 2

Is this a serious post or are you joking? If this is not a joke, it tells me all I need to know about Cointaker and business professionalism. Why would another customer (or even a friend) know about CT's business and customer orders?

It wasn't all that long ago CT started as competition for BC Pinball (Bruce's LEDs), they flooded the market with super cheap LEDs and built up from there. I am not sure how PinballBulb's entry into the market is any different (other than the quality of the bulb)....

#368 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Here's Ya Premium's 2

Not sure what is going on here, but I do not think Markmon is a LED retailer...

I also now know not to buy any more bulbs from cointaker if they are going to have their representatives possibly posting my personal information on a message board>> not cool at all cointaker.

#369 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I also now know not to buy any more bulbs from cointaker if they are going to have their representatives possibly posting my personal information on a message board>> not cool at all cointaker.

This. You lost us as a customer too. That's well over a dozen route machines that need conversions. I will GLADLY buy from PinballBulbs or any other competitor considering how CoinTaker treats its customers and their private information.

#370 10 years ago

I've never commented on these sort of situations but felt I had to.
    I've worked in corporate retail my entire career and sharing any sort of customer purchase information is a huge no-no that can have legal ramifications.
    I'm hoping this situation unfolding is just fellow pinball fans razzing each other and nothing more.

#371 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

I'm hoping this situation unfolding is just fellow pinball fans razzing each other and nothing more.

Unfortunately it's not. Chris took the initiative to leak PRIVATE details regarding a KNOWN individual to another private customer. Then that "customer" had the skin to post it on a PUBLIC forum.

#372 10 years ago

B_R & Cointaker, you know I have nothing but love for ya but I have to agree with Markmon on this one

#373 10 years ago

Leak info ,,,,, I Have Stock in the CoinTaker Franchise .. Pinballbulbs you know yr<edited> , I'm Still wait-n to see what yr Flashers are gonna look like .. I haven't seen an Led from you that doesn't look like what I have in my Boxes on the Shelf..And to say Chris hasn't designed his Leds in BS .. China doesn't know what the PinHeads want .. Yr small business ,, Tyme will tell ..

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : No attacking here please.

#374 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Here's Ya Premium's 2

I don't know Black Rose or Markmon, but I have dealt with Chris and Melissa at CT and all went well, but this makes me rethink future purchases. I hope one of them comes on here soon with something that explains things. Wow!

#375 10 years ago

Yup, I also am done with cointaker if private info is being shared with third parties. B_R, I know you are buddies with the cointaker guys, but to accuse another person of copying is crossing a line. Cointaker was not the first and they won't be the last LED maker.

#376 10 years ago

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/miniature-wedge-base/ - Look at #14
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/ba9s-ba7s/ - #2, #3

The wedge and round base are both universal, the bulb chip is just a standard 5050 SMD LED. The same thing used on LED strips from every manufacturer. My point is we didn't send CoinTaker bulbs in and say "please copy these". We told them they were for pinballs, 6v etc and went back & forth with some samples and finally got what we wanted. Took us a few months of sample shipments to get something we liked.

Again, if you have personal issues feel free to shoot me a PM and we can discuss any issues on professional manners. I think it's in poor form to have a debate here, not the thread for it.

Sidenote - http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/emergency-strobe/ - Someone put #10 on their roadshow and add a siren! Or perhaps a child screaming while you play!

#377 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Leak info ,,,,, I Have Stock in the CoinTaker Franchise .. Pinballbulbs you know yr <edited> I'm Still wait-n to see what yr Flashers are gonna look like .. I haven't seen an Led from you that doesn't look like what I have in my Boxes on the Shelf..

This isn't rocket science, these are LEDs. I can go to Ali Express right now an order the exact same stuff that has been readily available for years. Once you send you manufacturing to China, it's anyone's game, there is no loyalty there....

The only LEDs that seem to be unique to the market I haven't really seen anywhere else is the Noflix stuff from Germany (which would also explain the price).

#378 10 years ago

Doesn't every LED come from China anyways?

#379 10 years ago

Again, if you have personal issues feel free to shoot me a PM and we can discuss any issues on professional manners. I think it's in poor form to have a debate here, not the thread for it.

No Pm's ..... This is my Last Post on this Thread ,, but to the Led guy's on Pinside ,, Alot of you complained about the Big Fat head on Cointakers Frosteds a Few mth's back ,, Take a look @ Pinballbulbs Frosteds .. A Re- Run ,, You guys are a 2-Steps Backwards .. Its SO Obvious !!

Later...........

#380 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

No Pm's ..... This is my Last Post on this Thread ,, but to the Led guy's on Pinside ,, Alot of you complained about the Big Fat head on Cointakers Frosteds a Few mth's back ,, Take a look @ Pinballbulbs Frosteds .. A Re- Run ,, You guys are a 2-Steps Backwards .. Its SO Obvious !!
    Later...........

It's one thing for Cointaker to lose business via competition, it is another for them to lose it via an "unofficial" (or is it official, it is hard to tell) spokesperson. CT may want to get their bulldog back on it's leash, it is pooping in the neighbor's yard again....

Good luck with your sales Pinballbulbs... I think that is what this thread is supposed to be?

#381 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Later...........

We agree Newer shipments we are getting we had them change the base to something we like better with no big ring on it. Took a bit to find a slimmer base that would still work well, but it is coming as well!

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Good luck with your sales Pinballbulbs... I think that is what this thread is supposed to be?

Thanks man ,that's what I'm hoping!

#382 10 years ago

B_R you have stated your stance very clearly please no more posting here. I did not see PinballBulbs commenting on any CT thread and am a bit unsure why you have to interfere with this thread. Please allow others to comment and this vender to communicate with current and potential customers.

#383 10 years ago

Really guys...I just had a very good conversation with James at Pinballbulbs.com....we can co-exist....you have multiple vendors selling led bulbs... BR is not a representative of our company, however he is an extremely loyal customer/friend.... he really is a great guy just looking out for us. How do you get mad at that...(not how I would have handled it, but for any of you that personally know BR)...well enough said. BR considers Bulldog a compliment...lol...

I will however point out that as one pinsider stated that all bulbs are just ordered from China....Let me clarify...they may all or most of them come from overseas...however we at CoinTaker do travel abroad and meet with our manufacturer's....we also have developed our product to our specifications....yes, that means actual designs, etc...it took us 1 1/2 years to get our premiums just the way we wanted them...

Anyone that is in the business should understand that it is not easy when someone comes in and copies/duplicates/ or whatever you want to call it....even some going as far to call their bulbs the exact same name that we created for our bulbs...bring something new to the table...I am not going after the topper or mod business that some have created when I could very well do so...that is their niche and I respect that...all I ask is for the same respect/courtesy in the industry.

This is not a war and this is not what this forum is about...

#384 10 years ago

Preach it sister! & LOL @ Br the bulldog

#385 10 years ago
    Quoted from mam3063:

Really guys...I just had a very good conversation with James at Pinballbulbs.com....we can co-exist....you have multiple vendors selling led bulbs... BR is not a representative of our company, however he is an extremely loyal customer/friend.... he really is a great guy just looking out for us. How do you get mad at that...(not how I would have handled it, but for any of you that personally know BR)...well enough said. BR considers Bulldog a compliment...lol...
    I will however point out that as one pinsider stated that all bulbs are just ordered from China....Let me clarify...they may all or most of them come from overseas...however we at CoinTaker do travel abroad and meet with our manufacturer's....we also have developed our product to our specifications....yes, that means actual designs, etc...it took us 1 1/2 years to get our premiums just the way we wanted them...
    Anyone that is in the business should understand that it is not easy when someone comes in and copies/duplicates/ or whatever you want to call it....even some going as far to call their bulbs the exact same name that we created for our bulbs...bring something new to the table...I am not going after the topper or mod business that some have created when I could very well do so...that is their niche and I respect that...all I ask is for the same respect/courtesy in the industry.
    This is not a war and this is not what this forum is about...

I'm not sure what this post is suppose to accomplish. But above, BR said Chris told him to write what he wrote. That makes him either 1) your representative or 2) a liar. Which is it?

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

but Chris said " Type it "

Next, why does BR even know I purchased LEDs? It's none of his business. I'm very disappointed that the fact that I placed an order at all, something not a crime by the way, is something that BR knows. The fact that he came here using that information to accuse me of stuff isn't the important part. The fact that you told him I ordered and what I ordered is. That's irreprible. . I would challenge you to find another customer that has spent as much money buying your products as I have over the last two years. And this is the respect I get for it? Very unfortunate. At this point, I would order from pinball bulbs even if their products weren't cheaper just because of this.

As for stealing your product names, I don't see "retro" or "super bright" listed on the pinball bulbs site - even though that's exactly what they are. Certainly you're not trying to claim the term "frosted" as your own. Pinball life used that before you did.

Anyways, its probably best for you guys to stay out of this thread. You don't see me in your threads (yet) pointing out that the same products can be bought at pinballbulbs for cheaper - even with your discount codes taken into effect. Nor do you see pinball bulbs in your threads saying "hey we can coexist".

Note: I'm only posting all this stuff because you guys are in here discussing it.

#386 10 years ago
    Quoted from mam3063:

BR is not a representative of our company, however he is an extremely loyal customer/friend.... he really is a great guy just looking out for us.

Will you please comment about the leaking of customer information to other people (and posting on a public forum). This a HUGE concern for many people. I know I personally don't want any of my personal info being given to a 'bulldog' regardless of how nice he is.

#387 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I'm not sure what this post is suppose to accomplish. But above, BR said Chris told him to write what he wrote. That makes him either 1) your representative or 2) a liar. Which is it?

Next, why does BR even know I purchased LEDs? It's none of his business. I'm very disappointed that the fact that I placed an order at all, something not a crime by the way, is something that BR knows. The fact that he came here using that information to accuse me of stuff isn't the important part. The fact that you told him I ordered and what I ordered is. That's irreprible. . I would challenge you to find another customer that has spent as much money buying your products as I have over the last two years. And this is the respect I get for it? Very unfortunate. At this point, I would order from pinball bulbs even if their products weren't cheaper just because of this.
    As for stealing your product names, I don't see "retro" or "super bright" listed on the pinball bulbs site - even though that's exactly what they are. Certainly you're not trying to claim the term "frosted" as your own. Pinball life used that before you did.
    Anyways, its probably best for you guys to stay out of this thread. You don't see me in your threads (yet) pointing out that the same products can be bought at pinballbulbs for cheaper - even with your discount codes taken into effect. Nor do you see pinball bulbs in your threads saying "hey we can coexist".
    Note: I'm only posting all this stuff because you guys are in here discussing it.

Preach it brother!

#388 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I'm with you all the way on this one Mark.

Very surprised and disappointed in how this went down.

#389 10 years ago

the information was not intended to be leaked...we were discussing it...never ever intended to be placed on this forum...if I wanted the name/info out here I would have posted the order myself and made a post about it...and no, I did not have BR do it for me....I have a mouth and mind of my own and I will use it when I want/need to....and I will and have apologized to markmon for this. I'm not very happy about this at all....I work too hard for my business to have this shit happen.

#390 10 years ago
    Quoted from mam3063:

the information was not intended to be leaked...we were discussing it...never ever intended to be placed on this forum...if I wanted the name/info out here I would have posted the order myself and made a post about it...and no, I did not have BR do it for me....I have a mouth and mind of my own and I will use it when I want/need to....and I will and have apologized to markmon for this. I'm not very happy about this at all....I work too hard for my business to have this shit happen.

The information should have never been discussed with a friend/customer. I think that is the bigger concern.

Bringing it back on topic...bump for pinballbulbs...

#391 10 years ago
    Quoted from mam3063:

not the response I expected. I do not care to support any company that may potentially get pissed at me for some reason and then discuss my business (and personal info) with a friend. Then you actually insinuate that you would just post it yourself if you wanted to.... WTF is going on????

Back on track >> thank goodness there is a new company and sorry for continuing to comment on the things that derailed this thread.

#392 10 years ago

The point is that I did not post it....because I KNOW IT IS WRONG TO DO SO....I never said I was pissed at markmon...and that's why it happened...so I have no idea where you are getting that or if you are just insinuating.

#393 10 years ago

Sooooo...we sell LEDs and such. Just in case anyone forgot the thread topic

#394 10 years ago

Wow.. I bought a lot of bulbs from BCSpinball back in the day when he was the only pinball LED supplier and slowly shifted to Cointaker as BCS sort of drifted off. Felt bad for Bruce but that's business.

Now this? Time to shift again.. the circle continues.

PS - Terry at Pinballlife manages to still get business since he is a class act. I never saw him jump in here or in the CT threads.

#395 10 years ago
    Quoted from mam3063:

You said earlier that you were not very happy about this at all, and here you say that you work too hard for your business "to have this shit happen".

So I think you need to ask yourself exactly how this happened? And who are you not happy with? Yourself for inappropriately discussing what another customer of yours ordered with another customer, or the fact that that customer posted that information here?

#396 10 years ago

Sooooo...we sell LEDs and such. Just in case anyone forgot the thread topic

Hey all, can we please get this topic back to the OP Pinball Bulbs. If you want to start another thread to discuss the issue you all are more then welcome to do so. Please lets do the right thing here and allow the OP to have their thread back.

#397 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Hey all, can we please get this topic back to the OP Pinball Bulbs. If you want to start another thread to discuss the issue you all are more then welcome to do so. Please lets do the right thing here and allow the OP to have their thread back.

Agreed...

#398 10 years ago

Cointaker rules and always go out of their way to take care of their customers; and make far superior bulbs to anyone else making bulbs; nothing beats their new flashers too. Just saying

#399 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Cointaker rules and always go out of their way to take care of their customers; and make far superior bulbs to anyone else making bulbs; nothing beats their new flashers too. Just saying

I agree with you on this one and you know I do not like you.... car_half.jpgcar_half.jpg

Is this your car? I found it on the side of the road

#400 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Wow Derek, what an exteremely helpful and relevant post....lol

Another bump in a FS thread for Pinballbulbs (as stated in the topic), and not experiences with other bulb vendors...

There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-new-led-company-free-bulbs-pinside-discount/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.