Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

highspeed_pf.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    12606792895892144355174.jpg
    IMG_1961(1).jpg
    1274027_598808480171371_1979841479_o.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Metallica_Pro_PF.jpg
    fr_382.jpg
    IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    IMAG0322.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    leds.JPG
    There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
    #301 10 years ago

Was hoping they were built to be removed and re-installed without glue...

#302 10 years ago

A thin coating of dihydrogen oxide on one of the two sides where you apply the liquid cyanoacrylate will help the bonding too

#303 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pac-Fan:

A thin coating of dihydrogen oxide on one of the two sides where you apply the liquid cyanoacrylate will help the bonding too

Are you making fun of me?

Never heard of using water to aid in superglue bonding. Is this for real or are you trying to make me lacrymate?

#304 10 years ago

No, it's for real. That's why it immediately sticks to your fingers but take a minute or so to solidify on a flat plastic/metal object depending on how much you apply.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

In general, cyanoacrylate is an acrylic resin that rapidly polymerises in the presence of water (specifically hydroxide ions), forming long, strong chains, joining the bonded surfaces together.
    This reaction can cause an entire tube or bottle of glue to become unusable over much longer times. To prevent an opened container of glue from setting before use, it is often stored in an airtight jar or bottle with a package of silica gel.

#305 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pac-Fan:

No, it's for real. That's why it immediately sticks to your fingers but take a minute or so to solidify on a flat plastic/metal object depending on how much you apply.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

No Shit.....

tumblr_ln0te7pdOc1qitp7go1_250.giftumblr_ln0te7pdOc1qitp7go1_250.gif

#306 10 years ago

Cool! I knew what it was called, but not how it worked. Thanks for that.

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

#307 10 years ago

Ditto. Great thread

#308 10 years ago

Ordering my sample kit soon. Need a new excuse to open up my games!!

#309 10 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

Was hoping they were built to be removed and re-installed without glue...

Yes, so do I, but they aren't really priced for that. Gotta keep cost down somehow. I have been able to super glue a cap or two back on, although I usually just save that super bright I just made and grab another bulb since I find it to be just easier.

#310 10 years ago

Oh, also! I'll make another thread for it, but since I just bumped this one anyways...

We do now have mirror blades. Nice and shiny finish, they look great! Currently have for both Stern and B/W.

http://www.pinballbulbs.com/pinballmirrorblades

acdcblades.pngacdcblades.png

#311 10 years ago

Ok I finally got a chance to try these. From what I can see they look exactly like the CoinTaker frosteds even though they use a super bright LED. I did find a couple of "warm warm" 44s out of the sample I received. Seriously they look JUST like incandescents, I love them. Unfortunately they were the odd ones out, and most of them have a purer white color. Is there a reason why these were warmer/more yellow? I definitely like the look of the 2 oddball ones I got. Wish they all looked like that. Tried to get a picture but it looked exactly the same as the others on camera.

Why did that happen? Do you receive multiple orders from different suppliers/factories?

#312 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

We do now have mirror blades. Nice and shiny finish, they look great! Currently have for both Stern and B/W.

Any way we can get a picture of your blades in light outside of a machine to see their reflective quality? Hard to see how well the reflect in the provided photo.

#313 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Ok I finally got a chance to try these. From what I can see they look exactly like the CoinTaker frosteds even though they use a super bright LED. I did find a couple of "warm warm" 44s out of the sample I received. Seriously they look JUST like incandescents, I love them. Unfortunately they were the odd ones out, and most of them have a purer white color. Is there a reason why these were warmer/more yellow? I definitely like the look of the 2 oddball ones I got. Wish they all looked like that. Tried to get a picture but it looked exactly the same as the others on camera.
    Why did that happen? Do you receive multiple orders from different suppliers/factories?

All one order. I believe you got a sample order, so just a couple warm whites and a couple cool whites? I can grab a random 10 and test them out to see if they do that to me or not as well.

#314 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Any way we can get a picture of your blades in light outside of a machine to see their reflective quality? Hard to see how well the reflect in the provided photo.

Yeah, of course. I'll go get a pic snapped here shortly and plug it into product photos as well

#315 10 years ago

I ordered warm whites and considering most of them look exactly like CT's warm whites then that's what they must have been classified as. Would it be possible to take these more yellow ones and sell them in an "incandescent" category? Also, do you offer bulk discounts like 100LEDs.com?

#316 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I ordered warm whites and considering most of them look exactly like CT's warm whites then that's what they must have been classified as. Would it be possible to take these more yellow ones and sell them in an "incandescent" category? Also, do you offer bulk discounts like 100LEDs.com?

Well, we sell a bulb comparable to the super brights (and we have caps) for only .75 cents. Those bulbs are roughly 1.09 and .89 on 100leds.com where you have to order 100 of the same color, base etc. We do offer 15off for 15% off orders of 100 bulbs or more with no restrictions on same colors or bases. So, our bulbs are a lower price to start with and then on top of that we offer the discounts.

Also, I'll have to go through and test a good handful or two of warm whites. So far all the warm whites I have seen are the exact same color. I was over somewhere where a guy who as testing for me had about 80 or so in an older bally game from early 70's or so and they all looked the same. We only get warm or cool whites, no other white packages.

Edit: Correction here on my part. It looks like recently on 100leds.com has an offer that you can comment on your order to buy in sets of 25, not just 100. I believe you still need to buy 100 to get the discount, but you can break those 100 up into 4 sets of 25.

#317 10 years ago

Here is a pic of the mirror blades. They were not the easiest to photograph it seems. They pick up everything in a reflection. They are literally "mirror" blades with quite the polished finish on them. Hope this helps!

IMG_1573.JPGIMG_1573.JPG

#318 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I bought a set. They appear to be the same shiny material both in polish and thickness as pinball decals or pinball side mirrors sells. They're great.

#319 10 years ago

Well, we sell a bulb comparable to the super brights (and we have caps) for only .75 cents. Those bulbs are roughly 1.09 and .89 on 100leds.com where you have to order 100 of the same color, base etc.

Wrong !!! CoinTaker is Breaking up the 100 Led Bulk to 25 of Any Color you want as Long as you stick to the 100 count @ 23% Off !! If yr Gonna Talk about CoinTaker , " Get it Right " !!

#320 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Wrong !!! CoinTaker is Breaking up the 100 Led Bulk to 25 of Any Color you want as Long as you stick to the 100 count @ 23% Off !! If yr Gonna Talk about CoinTaker , " Get it Right " !!

Hey thanks for that correction. My apologies, I was just trying to answer someone's question with my current knowledge. I didn't realize that had become the case. I searched around and did just read a post by them saying that what you said is true. You can order and then in the comments specify your colors.

On a sidenote, you are welcome to send us a quick PM and I will correct any info that is incorrect. As a CoinTaker rep I don't really think it is good form to come onto this thread guns ablazing. We have not gone out of our way in this thread to single out and bash cointaker in way, as I've noticed you have done a few times in the Cointaker 15% thread that was created after we launched. We have simply tried to compare the pricing to the best of our knowledge based off what is available on Cointaker's or PinballLife's websites.

Again, thanks for the correction, but as we have not posted in you thread with statements of debate, please don't post in ours. This is a thread to advertise our product, announce new products, discounts and reviews. As you mentioned in the other thread, we are not "s0me gUy pr0viding a look aliKe bulB". I will go as far to say that these, in style, are the same cointaker is offering. We have just done some work with our factory to get the bulb coloring a bit different. They already had this style base, not something we copied.

P.s - this style is used in car LEDs and has been for some time, it is not a revolutionary or new base style at all.

#321 10 years ago

I have some of these blades from pinballbulbs!! There the real deal very nice

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#322 10 years ago

On a sidenote, you are welcome to send us a quick PM and I will correct any info that is incorrect. As a CoinTaker rep I don't really think it is good form to come onto this thread guns ablazing

Lighten up dude .. I Only corrected 1 statement from you .. Yr just gett-n Started , Yr Toes will get step-d on as you go .. ( Product / Warranty wise ) .. Happy Trail's !! B_R

#323 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Lighten up bro .. I Only corrected 1 statement from you .. Yr just gett-n Started , Yr Toes will get step-d on as you go .. ( Product / Warranty wise ) .. Happy Trail's !! B_R

I am already lightened up. I totally get what you had to say, and appreciate you pointing that our for me. However, I think it was your method that was a bit rash. You implied we were talking about Cointaker as in went out of our way to do so and in a highly negative fashion. Incorrect. I was attempting to make a price comparison, which I corrected after your comment. I think your delivery loaded up with "Get it Right!!!" and tons of exlcamation points makes it seem like yelling or an attacking manner. That's all.

Anyways, thank you for that correction, but please let's keep the pinball product competition civil, clean. Two companies can co-exist just fine with their own products, service and pricing. It should hopefully benefit the community greatly!

Let's take this to a PM if we have anymore discussion so we don't get off topic here. Please do feel free to post any comments or reviews about the product or service here though of course!

#324 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

So I went to 100leds.com and I don't see how these are broken up. If you have to email that in then I don't really think it counts at all. If there is any confusion here, its generated by the 100leds website, in my opinion.

Your "Get it Right !!" Does sound hostile to me. Just saying. Hopefully this thread won't turn into a big argument. You don't see the pinballbulbs guys, for example in the cointaker thread pointing out that you can buy basically the same cointaker bulbs for way less, do you?

#325 10 years ago

I'm happy to see competition in the LED market. It's good for the hobby.

#326 10 years ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

I agree with that.

Also very impressed so far with pinball bulbs demeanor and responses to customer issues. Very nice!!

#327 10 years ago

Was waiting for B_R to show up in this thread lol. Such a fiercely loyal dude, seems like a great person to have on your side! Never bought any CT bulbs, but I agree there is plenty of room for everyone.

#328 10 years ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

competition is great for the consumer!! So far these guys have been a class act with communication as well as shipping, and the products are seriously good stuff..

#329 10 years ago

PM Sent---glad to have a local company in this hobby!!!

#330 10 years ago

That sample pack of bulbs I bought arrived last week while I was away.
    Quality looks great. Packaging was perfect. Can't wait to see how they look in action.

There weren't too many 555s (which is too bad since that's mostly what I'm in need for my flintstones backbox) but I really looking forward to how the rest look in the GIs of sorcerer and whirlwind.

I'll report back.

#331 10 years ago

So I added a sample pack product to the site. I had a number of questions about what to order for a sample. This will include all the colors in frosted and clear domes so you can get an idea of how they work.
    http://pinballbulbs.com/content/led-bulb-sample-kit
    (I will get a pic of the sample pack up later today)

Can I get the sample pack in just the 44/47 style since I only have EMs?

If yes, how do I do it?

Really curious to find the right colors and brightness for my EMs.

I have a Flip A Card with a nice purple backglass. I tried some cheapy LEDs from Ebay and the light was just a very bright circle of light. Not very nice.

Thanks

#332 10 years ago
    Quoted from fflint_18:

If yes, how do I do it?
    I have a Flip A Card with a nice purple backglass. I tried some cheapy LEDs from Ebay and the light was just a very bright circle of light. Not very nice.
    Thanks

Just place an order for one or two of whatever you want to sample...

#333 10 years ago
    Quoted from fflint_18:

If yes, how do I do it?
    Thanks

I would recommend you get some frosted bulbs in that case. You can snag a few of each on this page for whatever colors you would like to get, http://pinballbulbs.com/frosted1 .

Feel free to shoot me a message too if you have any requests for your order, but that should work well. It'll be cheaper than the sample pack I would imagine since you won't get the 555 style.

#334 10 years ago

Are you guys gonna be at the NW pinball show this year?

#335 10 years ago

Yea whats up with the NW pinball show? any sweet specials??

#336 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Are you guys gonna be at the NW pinball show this year?

Quoted from Iamdarras:

Yea whats up with the NW pinball show? any sweet specials??

We will be at the NW pinball show this year in June! We hope to have the non-ghosting,flashers and flexes by then as well!

We are also bringing 2 fully restored games with us. Some heavy hitters too so we can showcase our lighting along with spotlight kits, blades and toppers!

#337 10 years ago

I definitely had two distinctly different colors in my warm whites. I didn't get a sample pack - I ordered all warm whites. I had two I had to pull out because they were much cooler white than the rest.

#338 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

I definitely had two distinctly different colors in my warm whites. I didn't get a sample pack - I ordered all warm whites. I had two I had to pull out because they were much cooler white than the rest.

The cooler warm white LEDs I've been seeing look more like a natural white light, almost a pink-ish color. In my opinion not warm at all, not like those 2 "warm" warm ones I got which look really good. I would use retros but the clear dome makes the LED harsh to look at. I've heard it's because of variation in factory output with different smooth/textured/tall domes and whatnot. But it would be nice to have some normailty in the orders (I know it's not your fault).

Did you manage to get the difference on camera?

#339 10 years ago

I haven't tried but can probably give it a shot in the next couple of days.

#340 10 years ago

So I started adding bulbs from the sample pack and I'm really liking the results.
    I feel that the 555s go in much smoother than CTs.
    And I really like the look that the clear domes have made in my GI's that are under darker plastics.
    And the frosteds have a great, evenly distributed warm glow under the more transparent plastics...especially under the lane rollover guides.

I plan to order a bunch more once the non-ghostings are in stock.

#341 10 years ago

Best of luck with the new business. Looks like you have some great products. Wally

#342 10 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Best of luck with the new business. Looks like you have some great products. Wally

Thanks Wally, the support so far has been great and so far we are glad to have become a leading LED supplier among pinheads. New products are on their way and I will definitely announce and email all those that inquired when they are in!

#343 10 years ago

Yep. Even though I have mentioned a couple of drawbacks in this thread I still endorse PinballBulbs. The color of the warm whites is the closest I have seen to incandescents. I'm picky about low key use of LEDs and never changing the colors of the artwork. I have a bunch of early solid state games to do and I am confident the PinballBulbs LEDs will do the job well.

And the prices are the best on the market right now. Winner.

#344 10 years ago

I ordered a nice sample pack.. Came in looking VERY VERY nice! looking forward to getting them. Might switch over to Pinball bulbs for our led suppler.

#345 10 years ago

I have switched. Super happy with the results and will be ordering more as newer product comes in.

As a bonus, my LEDs arrived and the package somehow escaped the usual 10% tax customs likes to add when ordering from down south. Stick it to the man!

#346 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I have switched. Super happy with the results and will be ordering more as newer product comes in.
    As a bonus, my LEDs arrived and the package somehow escaped the usual 10% tax customs likes to add when ordering from down south. Stick it to the man!

Take it to the man!

#347 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

Yep. Even though I have mentioned a couple of drawbacks in this thread I still endorse PinballBulbs. The color of the warm whites is the closest I have seen to incandescents. I'm picky about low key use of LEDs and never changing the colors of the artwork. I have a bunch of early solid state games to do and I am confident the PinballBulbs LEDs will do the job well.
    And the prices are the best on the market right now. Winner.

I have to say that they tend to actually have "warm" LEDs, definitely moreso than CoinTaker. If they are essentially the same as CT bulbs then why the difference in color? Have you gotten a chance to look into that more, as far as warm whites vs cooler more pure whites?

Also, CT offers 100 LEDs for $0.59 each. Isn't that a better deal even with the coupon code?

#348 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Also, CT offers 100 LEDs for $0.59 each. Isn't that a better deal even with the coupon code?

I addressed this a few times in some of the previous posts. The bulbs being offered for .59 in bulk quantities of 100 of the same color and styles (although ive heard it can be broken into 25 lumps) are not the same bulbs we have. The similar bulbs on their site are .89 and .95 cents with the larger LED chip in them, and without any dome on top.

#349 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I have to say that they tend to actually have "warm" LEDs, definitely moreso than CoinTaker. If they are essentially the same as CT bulbs then why the difference in color? Have you gotten a chance to look into that more, as far as warm whites vs cooler more pure whites?

As I understand it is a different manufacturer, thus different color. CT's 0.59 deal is for 2-LED bulbs... I believe these bulbs are equivalent to CT supers which are $0.89 in packs of 100 (same color, not mixed).

#350 10 years ago

So if they do come from multiple manufacturers is it possible to seperate them out if a single manufacturer produces the more warm looking LEDs? Maybe create an "incandescent" category? Or would that be too time consuming/logistically problematic?

There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-new-led-company-free-bulbs-pinside-discount/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.