Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

highspeed_pf.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    12606792895892144355174.jpg
    IMG_1961(1).jpg
    1274027_598808480171371_1979841479_o.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Metallica_Pro_PF.jpg
    fr_382.jpg
    IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    IMAG0322.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    leds.JPG
    There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
    #501 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

After that comes the Flex

Alright, you would be my hero here if you could pull this off, (and it's really simple). I want flex flashers so I can direct the light where I want it under inserts. I know I can't be alone on this. The lack of these is one of the reasons I usually leave incandescants in the flash sockets. Do this at a decent price point and you'll sell a shit ton.

#502 10 years ago

Wasn't someone going to get pictures of the warm whites?

#505 10 years ago

I know this is kind of off-topic but if you're digging the warm whites I would highly recommend Cree's 40W/60W warm white LED bulb for standard lamp sockets...

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-led-lightbulb-is-the-cree-warm-white/

#506 10 years ago

Cyan, cyan, cyan!!

NOTE: Saw your previous post on working on other bulb styles. Cyan makes more sense to me than Shooter Rods and other items that may be consuming time, but that's just me because I need them for Johnny Mnemonic.

#507 10 years ago

Yah, but flex bulbs in basic colors are way more important than Cyan .

Quoted from MnHotRod:

Cyan makes more sense to me than Shooter Rods and other items that may be consuming time, but that's just me because I need them for Johnny Mnemonic.

#508 10 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Cyan, cyan, cyan!!
    NOTE: Saw your previous post on working on other bulb styles. Cyan makes more sense to me than Shooter Rods and other items that may be consuming time, but that's just me because I need them for Johnny Mnemonic.

A lot of the time consumption is back and forth with China to get the styles, bases, bulb colors etc we want. Contrary to popular belief they are not overly fast for production and we don't simply send a specific bulb back to them and ask for it to be remade. The toppers, rods etc don't take up my time that interferes with working on the bulbs, no worries!

#509 10 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Cyan, cyan, cyan!!

Just use Blue. It looks way better anyways. (At least on my JM)

#510 10 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/PinballBulbs - If anyone has FB and feels the need to connect there I made a FB page. Should be a cool place to put picture updates as well

#511 10 years ago

Cool! Liked!

1 week later
    #512 10 years ago

Any update on premiums or flex? Been holding off on ordering as I want to try them out with you all but my pins are getting dimmer and dimmer!

#513 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Any update on premiums or flex? Been holding off on ordering as I want to try them out with you all but my pins are getting dimmer and dimmer!

We should have the non-ghosting plus+ at the NW pinball show this weekend and I will have them on the site to order by Monday!

#514 10 years ago

I know it is a ways off, but do you plan on attending Expo this fall?

#515 10 years ago

I led'd AC/DC tonight and it looks KILLER!!! All the bulbs worked and there was only a few I had to bend the wires on. No biggie!!! I used the clear dome bulbs everywhere except under the ramp on the right side. In those two spots I used frosted caps.
    I have a few inserts that are ghosting so i'm looking forward to the nonghosting bulbs next week. Thanks Pinballbulbs!

IMG_2890.JPGIMG_2890.JPG IMG_2892.JPGIMG_2892.JPG

#516 10 years ago
    Quoted from myork82:

I led'd AC/DC tonight and it looks KILLER!!! All the bulbs worked and there was only a few I had to bend the wires on. No biggie!!! I used the clear dome bulbs everywhere except under the ramp on the right side. In those two spots I used frosted caps.
    I have a few inserts that are ghosting so i'm looking forward to the nonghosting bulbs next week. Thanks Pinballbulbs!

Looking sharp! Thanks for posting a solid pic! DAng that PF is briiight

#517 10 years ago

Those warm whites are awesome aren't they? There is no question in my mind about color consistency with those anymore. I can't even tell they are LEDs!

#518 10 years ago

Yep the warm whites are bang on. I had a guy over the other night that HATES LEDS. Played a few games on my Frontier and I said what do you think of the LEDS? He couldn't believe it and is now going to convert some of his games.

#519 10 years ago

Looking sharp! Thanks for posting a solid pic! DAng that PF is briiight

Thanks! I think the camera makes it brighter than what it really is, but you don't have any problems seeing the ball. I play with the lights out so the more light the better. I'll get some non ghosting on the way as soon as they are available.

#520 10 years ago

Warm white is great. It provides a brighter light than incandescents without borking up the colors and gives all the benefits of LED lighting.

Some games just dont look good in cold light (and most look horrible to my eyes in rainbow colors) but warm white does the job perfectly. I am working on my funhouse and cant wait to deck it out in WW.

Some games certainly look great in cool white GI though (Tron and Iron Man for example)

#521 10 years ago

Just ordered LEDS from them for my Freddy Fast shipping everything works great. I WILL BE ORDERING AGAIN!!!

#522 10 years ago

Non-ghosting are here! I'm adding them to the site now in the down times at the NW Pin show. Should be up shortly and i will announce!

#523 10 years ago

Non-ghosting are here! I'm adding them to the site now in the down times at the NW Pin show. Should be up shortly and i will announce!

Will u do a sample pack of non-ghosting?

viperrwk

#524 10 years ago

Are you going to have clear dome non ghosting?

#525 10 years ago

I'm sure he'll have non ghosting in all types.

#526 10 years ago
    Quoted from myork82:

Are you going to have clear dome non ghosting?

I ordered all frosted for a couple reasons:

1. You only need this for the inserts pretty much so you can use a frosted bulb and if not bright enough simply pop that cap off and you get a super bright bulb which will definitely do the job

2. Frosted are a much larger seller than clear so I went with what has sold a lot more currently.

I do get clear bulbs can work well for under inserts as well, although popping cap off works really well for a bright insert and the difference between a popped off cap and clear for under insert are pretty minute. So, if the demand is high enough I could get clear dome bulbs as well, not a problem. I just didn't forsee they would be popular because caps can be popped off.

#527 10 years ago

I just didn't forsee they would be popular because caps can be popped off.

Exactly, no need for the clear, frosteds are the bomb and since top is easily removed, it works perfect when needed.

#528 10 years ago

I ordered all frosted for a couple reasons:
    1. You only need this for the inserts pretty much so you can use a frosted bulb and if not bright enough simply pop that cap off and you get a super bright bulb which will definitely do the job
    2. Frosted are a much larger seller than clear so I went with what has sold a lot more currently.
    I do get clear bulbs can work well for under inserts as well, although popping cap off works really well for a bright insert and the difference between a popped off cap and clear for under insert are pretty minute. So, if the demand is high enough I could get clear dome bulbs as well, not a problem. I just didn't forsee they would be popular because caps can be popped off.

Totally understand. I forgot all about popping the cap off!

#529 10 years ago

Just sell one bulb then: removable frosteds.

#530 10 years ago

If we were to get, say, 200 LEDs does the same discount rate apply if we buy more than 100?

#531 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

If we were to get, say, 200 LEDs does the same discount rate apply if we buy more than 100?

Always 15% off for any order over 100 bulbs.

#532 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Just sell one bulb then: removable frosteds.

I actually agree with this except for GI the clear cap is useful. Since non ghosting is not needed for GI it seems a waste to stock clear cap non ghosting. For inserts, I would stock only one bulb in my personal led bin. The removable cap frosted.

#533 10 years ago

Clear dome is where its at for gi IMO! Just ordered a batch of non ghosting for my AC/DC inserts. I'll report back when they are installed.

#534 10 years ago

Just a note. We got new shipment in for pretty much all styles and colors and they have the smaller ring on the cap so they should fit better in older gottliebs and EM machines. I will be using the old stock to ship out first, and they work just fine in nearly all games, but if you have an older gottlieb or EM please shoot me a message or mention that in order comments and I will make sure to open a new pack of the new style for you. The older style shouldn't be around for too much longer.

#535 10 years ago

The colors are still the same right? Even the warm whites? By the way here's a decent photo of the variation in the early batch... proper warm white on left, cooler (more CoinTaker like) warm white on right. Also notice how the one below it is a pinkish color.

fr_382.jpgfr_382.jpg

#536 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The colors are still the same right? Even the warm whites? By the way here's a decent photo of the variation in the early batch... proper warm white on left, cooler (more CoinTaker like) warm white on right. Also notice how the one below it is a pinkish color.

Yes. Whats up with the pic? Confused what that is on the right side of the pic. Doesn't look like a bulb, kinda blob like.

#537 10 years ago

Why would the description of the No ghosting bulbs say: " Great for replacing GI lighting and for softer insert lighting that is not overly direct"?? GI lights don't ghost.

GI lights "strobe" because they generally run off of AC power and therefore go on and off quickly creating a strobe light effect and making the ball hard to follow.

Insert (controlled lights) "flicker" because they run on a lamp matrix that switches quickly and provides really ratty power to the bulb. LEDs are fast enough to react to every little glitch in the power, but regular bulbs are not fast enough so it is filtered out. That is why LEDs in inserts flicker unless you have an LED OCD board. This is also what gives people a headache.

Insert lights also can "Ghost". Ghosting is caused by timing problems in the lamp matrix software. It causes the lamp to come on slightly when it is not supposed to be on. Normal bulbs are not fast enough to react to the tiny voltage glitches, so they don't ghost.

New games like the Stern LEs and Premiums have circuitry that is made for LEDs, so they don't flicker, strobe or ghost...

#538 10 years ago

That's the camera picking up the strobing. Kind of a neat effect.

#539 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Why would the description of the No ghosting bulbs say: " Great for replacing GI lighting and for softer insert lighting that is not overly direct"?? GI lights don't ghost.
    GI lights "strobe" because they generally run off of AC power and therefore go on and off quickly creating a strobe light effect and making the ball hard to follow.
    Insert (controlled lights) "flicker" because they run on a lamp matrix that switches quickly and provides really ratty power to the bulb. LEDs are fast enough to react to every little glitch in the power, but regular bulbs are not fast enough so it is filtered out. That is why LEDs in inserts flicker unless you have an LED OCD board. This is also what gives people a headache.
    Insert lights also can "Ghost". Ghosting is caused by timing problems in the lamp matrix software. It causes the lamp to come on slightly when it is not supposed to be on. Normal bulbs are not fast enough to react to the tiny voltage glitches, so they don't ghost.
    New games like the Stern LEs and Premiums have circuitry that is made for LEDs, so they don't flicker, strobe or ghost...

More than aware Just copied the description from the other products since I was doing this on my laptop during the down times at the show.

Quoted from Crash:

That's the camera picking up the strobing. Kind of a neat effect.

Interesting. Whether I use my nicer rebel or my cell phone it never picks that up on any bulbs I've ever taken a pic of.

#540 10 years ago

Yeah, if you have an older game, most certainly get the non-ghosting. I bought some of the cheaper ones and most of them do ghost when using on inserts on the lamp matrix.

#541 10 years ago

I got the non ghosting bulbs installed in AC/DC and they look killer! Totally cleared up all the ghosting I had with the regular bulbs. Can't beat the price either! I made a video but my Internet is down at the house. Ill post it when I get it uploaded.

1 week later
    #542 10 years ago

Just wanted to add to this thread.

I ordered pinball bulb's non-ghosting frosted for all of the inserts in my F-14. Delivery was super quick. Bulbs all work 100%... look great. No issues with frosted caps coming off during installation.

I'd definitely order from these guys again.

#543 10 years ago

Just placed my order! Looking forward to checking these out

#544 10 years ago

I have used over 1000 of these bulbs with only two defective. That's quality!

#545 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Alright, you would be my hero here if you could pull this off, (and it's really simple). I want flex flashers so I can direct the light where I want it under inserts. I know I can't be alone on this. The lack of these is one of the reasons I usually leave incandescants in the flash sockets. Do this at a decent price point and you'll sell a shit ton.

Exactly, on my HS 4 or 5 of the flashers are sideways to the inserts. The 2 "banana" shaped blue inserts are lit with 4 flashers each, 2 of which are sideways to the insert. These 4 bulbs allow the insert to be filled with light very evenly to avoid hot spots. So maybe a frosted flasher might do the trick for avoiding the "hot spot" effect. Is there someway of spreading the light in a 180 or 270 degree pattern for the flashers? What do ya think PinballBulbs?

#546 10 years ago

Just starting to install LEDs in my Fish Tales and have ordered from a few different vendors. Have to say that Pinball Bulbs has had some great customer service! Had some questions regarding some last minute changes to my order and they are taking care of me.

Traveler

#547 10 years ago

I have the regular frosted in the inserts on my FB Classic with no ghosting that I can see and only 2 of the inserts have a small flashing problem. They are blue if that means anything.

#548 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Exactly, on my HS 4 or 5 of the flashers are sideways to the inserts. The 2 "banana" shaped blue inserts are lit with 4 flashers each, 2 of which are sideways to the insert. These 4 bulbs allow the insert to be filled with light very evenly to avoid hot spots. So maybe a frosted flasher might do the trick for avoiding the "hot spot" effect. Is there someway of spreading the light in a 180 or 270 degree pattern for the flashers? What do ya think PinballBulbs?

It is in the works Got a few similar requests so I've been working on something!

#549 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have the regular frosted in the inserts on my FB Classic with no ghosting that I can see and only 2 of the inserts have a small flashing problem. They are blue if that means anything.

Curious, can you send a picture of this?

#550 10 years ago

We got new shipment in for pretty much all styles and colors and they have the smaller ring on the cap so they should fit better in older gottliebs and EM machines. I will be using the old stock to ship out first, and they work just fine in nearly all games, but if you have an older gottlieb or EM please shoot me a message or mention that in order comments and I will make sure to open a new pack of the new style for you. The older style shouldn't be around for too much longer.

Few questions regarding this:
    1) Have you now run out of old and only have thinner across the board?

2) I assume this changed the frosted dome from a textured fully opaque to a non-textured thinner semi-opaque (you can now see the hot mini SMD dots on some if you look close) -- I ask as that is what happened with CT's a few months ago

3) Are your sample packs now including all thinner samples?

4) If I've already ordered a sample pack a while ago with the old style, can I order a new sample pack containing new styles so I can do some comparisons (as with CT there were +/- on thick/thin styles in some spots for me) ---- or are sample packs limited 1 per person?

Thanks!

There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-new-led-company-free-bulbs-pinside-discount/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.