Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

highspeed_pf.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    12606792895892144355174.jpg
    IMG_1961(1).jpg
    1274027_598808480171371_1979841479_o.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Metallica_Pro_PF.jpg
    fr_382.jpg
    IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    IMAG0322.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    leds.JPG
    There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
    #451 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

Potential customers will want to see how these things look lit on the website. I know many times the camera does a poor job of displaying the true color but something is better than nothing!

Actually i disagree. I can imagine customers buying bulbs based on what they look like in a photo and then complaining they dont match! We are a fickle people... just asking for problems..

#452 10 years ago

I saw the cyans on a guys white water here locally and they are badass looking. not sure where he got them from, but a great color. I think he said from europe?

#453 10 years ago

I think customer testimonials would be better than pictures for LED's. I've always waited to hear what people say about a particular brand/usage and then ordered. Used this process each time when it comes to LED's, and I've never been disappointed or shocked by what I see.

#454 10 years ago

Sorry I missed that. They will be right after non-ghosting bulbs. All the benders will be non-ghosting since they go under the PF primarily.

Looking to get all the products I want added and then I will work on some really cool colors.

#455 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

Potential customers will want to see how these things look lit on the website. I know many times the camera does a poor job of displaying the true color but something is better than nothing!

I'm going to disagree. Since the lights do not photo well, something is worse than nothing. You'd get people either complaining that the bulb doesn't match the picture or seeing the picture and not realizing the benefits. When led machines can be properly photographed, that'll be great.

#456 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I think customer testimonials would be better than pictures for LED's. I've always waited to hear what people say about a particular brand/usage and then ordered. Used this process each time when it comes to LED's, and I've never been disappointed or shocked by what I see.

Just saw this one too. I am on the same page with this. Like others have commented, the pictures just don't do them justice good or bad. They will definitely be different from how they look in person. The best way really is to come see us at the NW show or even easier, order a small chunk from the site. The shipping is really cheap for small orders so it's not too bad to do.

#457 10 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

I prefer colored incandescent bulbs

I use then in just a few spots. Like the chair in TAF. Though there very in consistent with the color .

#458 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I'm going to disagree. Since the lights do not photo well, something is worse than nothing. You'd get people either complaining that the bulb doesn't match the picture or seeing the picture and not realizing the benefits. When led machines can be properly photographed, that'll be great.

I most def agree with this!!!

#459 10 years ago

These LEDS turn us into a bunch of little girls! But I do love my LEDs!

#460 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I guess i am on Markmon's ignore list? lol

#461 10 years ago

Of course, as we see on the forum all day long, a testimonial isn't worth a whole lot either unless you personally know the author.

#462 10 years ago

Looking back on the incandescent looking warm whites, even if it was feasible to mass test and separate these from the pure bluish/pinkish warm whites, would that really be fair for people who notice the difference vs. people who don't? Or would it be more along the lines of to each his own, if you notice a difference just request them to be sorted?

#463 10 years ago

If you're buying alot over time, just make a deal to swap out the ones that are the wrong color. By you returning bulbs of all one color, it actually helps PBB sell them again with 100% accuracy. So maybe you can negotiate and actually get a discount or free shipping out of it.

#464 10 years ago

Now that sounds like an idea!

#465 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I guess i am on Markmon's ignore list? lol

Sorry. I read and respond in order

Quoted from Crash:

Looking back on the incandescent looking warm whites, even if it was feasible to mass test and separate these from the pure bluish/pinkish warm whites, would that really be fair for people who notice the difference vs. people who don't? Or would it be more along the lines of to each his own, if you notice a difference just request them to be sorted?

How much of a variance is there?

#466 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

How much of a variance is there?

Quite a bit, some look just like incandescents and others look almost like cool whites.

#467 10 years ago

I have over 100 of the WW in the 44/47 style with no variance yet but will report any changes.

#468 10 years ago
    Quoted from StrykersArcade:

I have over 100 of the WW in the 44/47 style with no variance yet but will report any changes.

Do they look like original bulbs or more like a pure white?

#469 10 years ago

They look like the original incandescent.

#471 10 years ago

want to get better photos? stop using auto whitebalance in your camera and set a reference

#472 10 years ago

Just put some of the bulbs I ordered and wanted to give first impressions.

1) Fast cheap shipping!

2) The frosted warm white bulbs in both the 555 and 44/47 varieties are awesome. I will post pics when the playfield is reassembled but the color and light dispersion is the best yet in any LED bulb I have used. I have used BCS, PBL, CT and NO-Flix.

3) The 555's install better than any other bulb on the market. I did not have to fool with a single lead, which is common practice in PBL and CT bulbs.

So far I am really impressed. IMAG0322.jpgIMAG0322.jpg
    Bally Speakeasy with 555 Warm Whites. It looks great!

#473 10 years ago

They look like the original incandescent.

Then there may not be a need to separate at all. Looks like we've gotten some consistency with these which is great! Anything you can tell James?

#474 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Then there may not be a need to separate at all. Looks like we've gotten some consistency with these which is great! Anything you can tell James?

So, as many know we get them in 100 packs. I wonder if at times the 100 packs can have slight variance. Meaning, if we get 1000 bulbs then we get 10 packs. Maybe the last pack is after they had to change out the run? Although, we got quite a bit more than 1000 warm whites and so far I haven't found any significant or noticeable variance. What I have been doing is testing 1-2 bulbs for every warm white order to see if I can find differences.

#475 10 years ago

Order #284. Hope these get here fast so we can load up pin with PinballBulbs LED's before the BBQ on May 26th.

Anybody LED their inserts in Metallica yet? Need to order fast and do not have time to figure them out.

#476 10 years ago

I ordered the $25 sample pack last week and it arrived very quickly. Good stuff! I only tested out a couple of the bulbs, but I was impressed with what I saw.

When I finish a few more "core" aspects of my TZ (clock, flippers, targets, etc.), then I'll play around with these bulbs a bit more. I'm looking forward it it...

#477 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

I ordered the $25 sample pack last week and it arrived very quickly. Good stuff! I only tested out a couple of the bulbs, but I was impressed with what I saw.
    When I finish a few more "core" aspects of my TZ (clock, flippers, targets, etc.), then I'll play around with these bulbs a bit more. I'm looking forward it it...

Let's see some pictures... Thanks everyone...

#478 10 years ago

Can't wait to order from you again, very professionally packed samples! You are doing the hobby a great service! Now if only we can find the money... as soon as we do we'll have some big orders for you.

#479 10 years ago

Good Luck! nice to have options out there

#480 10 years ago

I just put in an order last Monday and received them today, packed well and all there. Going to start putting them in tonight and see how they look.

#481 10 years ago

I just put their warm 555 in the fathom , and wow the thins looks amazing , it don't play yet , so I'm still worried about strobing , here there is one patch of LEDs in the back glass the others are in condescends ...

I was very happy with the purples I put in FT , I did have 4 out out 105 not work , 2 greens 2 reds and a yellow ,

I also did not have to fiddled with the LEDs led's

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#482 10 years ago

When are you going to get your flex bulbs?

#483 10 years ago

That Fathom looks great. I would not be surprised to see some strobing, though, once you have the controlled lamps working.

#484 10 years ago

PB's frosted bulbs don't have a strobing issue, they run at 120Hz and its not noticeable unless you really look close.

#485 10 years ago

Yes there is no strobe at all. You can't tell there are LED's in the game unless you look under the plastics.

#486 10 years ago

This is highly dependent on not only the lamp driver involved and the condition of the lamp driver itself. There is a reason replacement "no strobe" boards exist.

I got strobing off of PB's frosted bulbs on my Dragonfist. This was expected and is not a knock on their bulbs. Some games are just going to strobe with the CPU controlled lamps unless you use no flicker style LEDs.

#487 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

PB's frosted bulbs don't have a strobing issue, they run at 120Hz and its not noticeable unless you really look close.

This is very nice to know. Strobing is what really keeps me from doing GI LED's

#488 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

This is highly dependent on not only the lamp driver involved and the condition of the lamp driver itself. There is a reason replacement "no strobe" boards exist.
    I got strobing off of PB's frosted bulbs on my Dragonfist. This was expected and is not a knock on their bulbs. Some games are just going to strobe with the CPU controlled lamps unless you use no flicker style LEDs.

Are you talking about strobing or ghosting? Controlled lamps will always have a strobing issue unless you get Herg's LED OCD board.

#489 10 years ago

You're right, I'm talking about ghosting, and doing too many things at once. Heh.

#490 10 years ago

Just placed my third order (#299) from PinballBulbs. Thanks James!

#491 10 years ago

Just ordered 1500 myself!

#492 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

When are you going to get your flex bulbs?

Never! Kidding, of course. Non-ghosting will be here in a week or so. After that comes the Flex so I am guessing they will follow the non-ghosting by about 2 weeks or so. The flex will be in non-ghosting only to start as well since they are used under inserts primarily only.

#493 10 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Just placed my third order (#299) from PinballBulbs. Thanks James!

Just ordered 1500 myself!

Thanks for your support guys! Hope your BBQ goes well, Steve!

#494 10 years ago

The ghosting is so subtle it looks like maybe other light reflecting inside the cabinet is doing it, you really have to look hard.

#495 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

The ghosting is so subtle it looks like maybe other light reflecting inside the cabinet is doing it, you really have to look hard.

What game is it in?

#496 10 years ago

Are non ghosting necessary for GI in modern Sterns?

#497 10 years ago

Ghosting isn't an issue with GI. I'm pretty sure new Sterns still use AC power for their GI lamps.

#498 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

What game is it in?

GRAND LIZARD and its only the inserts.

#499 10 years ago

Any chance of getting Cyan?

#500 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Any chance of getting Cyan?

Probably not for a little while. Working to add the other bulb styles first and then can expand on colors

There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-new-led-company-free-bulbs-pinside-discount/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.