Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mikespins
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220521_182210650 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_195121513 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_182156647 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220521_192611800 (resized).jpg
    1972CED1-354D-4D1A-8A4D-A9BA05A831A9 (resized).jpeg
    0685A43C-75B8-4C0B-8FD2-485E57C672BE (resized).jpeg
    2AF0920B-5B64-479A-9B9E-AAC60FA540FD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220304_182839989 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220304_182823257 (resized).jpg
    EFEBAC29-56AF-4A50-8BF3-44AF33A46D09 (resized).jpeg
    32DA988D-FC2C-41D8-AE54-A8691BDBB3D6 (resized).jpeg
    20220219_192009.jpg
    20220210_003621.jpg
    20220210_003601.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters-mini8.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters-mini4.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

Ever since I got into pinball I always thought it was silly to rest the DMD / speaker panel right on the side rails, especially when they slide and put tension on wires. So I came up with a simple yet effective solution. I am calling them DMD Slide Busters and DMD Slide Buster Minis! Printed in TPU, they are grippy, strong and flexible and act as a cushion / grip between your DMD / speaker panel and side rails, preventing sliding and damage to the rails and DMD. Slide Buster Minis have 2 Neodymium magnets inside and regular slide busters have the option for magnets as well.

20220219_192009.jpg20220219_192009.jpg

Check it out!

DMD Slide Busters - https://mikes3dthings.com/product/dmd-slide-busters/

DMD Slide Busters on Pinside https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-mikes-3d-things/05736-dmd-slide-buster

DMD Slide Buster Minis - https://mikes3dthings.com/product/dmd-slide-busters-mini/

DMD Slide Buster Minis on Pinside - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-mikes-3d-things/05817-dmd-slide-buster-mini

dmd-slide-busters3.jpgdmd-slide-busters3.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters5.jpgdmd-slide-busters5.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters7.jpgdmd-slide-busters7.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters8.jpgdmd-slide-busters8.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters9.jpgdmd-slide-busters9.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters10.jpgdmd-slide-busters10.jpg
    dmd-slide-buster.gifdmd-slide-buster.gif
    dmd-slide-busters-magnet.jpgdmd-slide-busters-magnet.jpg

The smaller version are the DMD Slide Buster Minis. You can keep them on your rails indefinitely, they don't hang over the playfield or side of the machine and are each printing with 2 Neodymium magnets inside.

DMD Slide Buster Minis - https://mikes3dthings.com/product/dmd-slide-busters-mini/
    DMD Slide Buster Minis on Pinside - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-mikes-3d-things/05817-dmd-slide-buster-mini

dmd-slide-busters-mini.jpgdmd-slide-busters-mini.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters-mini3.jpgdmd-slide-busters-mini3.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters-mini5.jpgdmd-slide-busters-mini5.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters-mini4.jpgdmd-slide-busters-mini4.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters-mini8.jpgdmd-slide-busters-mini8.jpg
    dmd-slide-busters-mini2.jpgdmd-slide-busters-mini2.jpg
    20220210_003601.jpg20220210_003601.jpg
    20220210_003621.jpg20220210_003621.jpg

I hope that these tools will help some fellow Pinballers out!

Thanks,
    Mike

#6 2 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Quoted from Black_Knight:

Should be 2 pieces not four.
    or maybe 1.

All you need is 2, but 4 come in an order.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Bought a set as even using a sheet of anti-slip material it still slides, kudos Mike.

Thanks, Tom! I received the order and have them all packaged up and ready for the post office! Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

I'm a towel person, but you know? The towel never stays put. I'm in.

Haha true story! Order received, thanks! Sending out today!

#16 2 years ago

Thanks guys! Glad to offer an easy solution to a pain in the neck issue!

Quoted from Frax:

Groovy idea, reasonable price. I'll likely be ordering a set of these at some point. I really like the idea of the minis for those times I'm having to do extended work on a game and will be in and out of the head multiple times in a short span.

That's great, thank you. I prefer the minis as well, they will stay put on the rails until you move them.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Do the bigger ones stay put when you add magnets?

They stay put without the magnets, but the magnets help secure them a bit more. Icing on the cake

#19 2 years ago

Thanks for the support everyone! All pending orders have been shipped

1 week later
    #22 2 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Great idea Mike! Love the incorporation of the magnets, since the rag I usually lay down still tends to slide sometimes
    Mike's a good guy, buy with confidence!

Thanks, Andy! I appreciate the kind words

Quoted from RyanStl:

It amazes me that some of the best ideas are so simple. Nice work. Now figure out a place to put my lockdown bar as my glass starts to slide when I take my hand off.

Thanks so much, I have been using the Slide Busters the past few weeks and they have been great! Sometimes the simplest problems require simple solutions

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Got mine - quickly and they are wonderful. So simple, but so useful. Great idea!

Awesome, thanks so much for the support!

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbt:

These work great! Thanks Mike!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks so much! Glad they are helpful to you

1 week later
    #28 2 years ago
    Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

So I had to work on my Baywatch today and the Slide Busters worked great.
    When I was done working on the machine, I rocked the game forwards and backwards and to the sides for the hell of it, and the DMD didn't budge. Cool idea that actually works.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome man, glad to hear and see this! I appreciate the purchase and feedback Glad you're happy.

4 weeks later
    #29 2 years ago

I'm running a BOGO sale! Buy 1 set of DMD Slide Buster (regular or mini) and get a set free!

Mini promo code: BOGOMINI
    Regular (w/ mag): BOGO

Expires April 9th (midnight), offer valid on my website.

https://mikes3dthings.com/product-category/pinball/

#30 2 years ago

Last day for the BOGO special!

All pending orders have been shipped!

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Trying to remember if I ordered one 2 days ago or not? Lol

Thank you! I'll check, what is your first name?

Quoted from joetechbob:

Looks handy. Ordered a set of minis @$15 + bogo offer. Thanks!

Thanks so much! Sticking in the mail in a few min

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Christopher first name

Yeah man, you placed an order for some minis on Tuesday which are scheduled for delivery today Thanks so much!

All other orders that were just placed in the last few minutes are packaged up and in the mailbox! Thanks so much for the support.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

Just ordered, not sure if the BOGOMINI coupon worked?

Thanks for your order, it's in the mailbox! All Slide Buster orders coming in are getting the BOGO deal regardless if you used the coupon or not, so no worries Your 2 sets of minis are on the way!

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Received and tested and approved. Thanks neat idea, DMD sliding BUSTED
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing your experience! I'm very happy that you are happy

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Just saw this thread. Cool idea and fabrication. They look great too.
    I'm bummed I missed out on the sale. Grrr. I'm gonna keep an eye out for the next "BOGO" sale and buy both the regular and the minis.

Go ahead and order, I'll extend the sale for you

I'll extend the sale for everyone. Midnight tonight!

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I think my cheap side rails are aluminum. The magnets stick strong to the piece in front of the DMD, but not to my side rails. Oh well.

I'll stick a set of non-magnetic full size in the mail tomorrow for you! Problem solved!

2 weeks later
    #47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

I ordered mini slide busters on a Friday and received them the following Monday. I used them for the first time today and I believe they are a MUST HAVE! They’re small enough to be out of the way when left on the rails yet they hold the dmd nice and stationary when needed. Thank you Mike!

That's great, I'm happy to hear that you like them! Thanks again for your support.

Quoted from Tophervette:

Thanks Mike!!! A metal expert visited my pinball and told me side rails are Stainless Steel, not aluminum. What do I know? The full size ones work perfect.

Glad the full size are working out for you!

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

First off, Mike is such a great guy. Top notch pin brother all the way.
    I ordered 2 sets and Mike included 2 extra sets for free. How can you beat that!?
    I finally got a chance to use them and can confidently call these a must have product. They're just ingenious! I'll never take a chance of laying the DMD down on the bare siderails again because I forgot to grab a towel from upstairs. Nope! I keep a set in the coin box of every other pin I have now. That way, all I have to do is open the coin door and they're right there ready to use and protect my beautiful powder coated rails. These are a must have and I totally recommend them to anyone who works on their pins.
    Thank you Mike for making such a great little product that totally works as intended and for the great buy 1 get 1 deal you let me in on. I appreciate it and TY again my friend. = )

Wow, thank you so much for that amazing review! I'm thrilled that you're so happy with the DMD Slide Busters and that they are working well for you! Keep on flipping

4 weeks later
    #52 1 year ago
    Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

I used my DMD Slide Busters again yesterday when I changed out the armor on my LOTR for new powder coated armor.
    I even used them under the backbox when I needed to fold it down to remove the screws from the head brackets.
    Thanks again mikespins[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's great, I'm glad you are finding them useful! Thanks for the support!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-dmd-slide-busters?tu=mikespins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.