1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by solarvalue
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181221_140312362 (resized).jpg
    7F83C2FD-D7B9-456E-8C03-02345C2D5468 (resized).jpeg
    2018-10-20 09.31.40 (resized).jpg
    2018-10-20 09.32.11 (resized).jpg
    2018-10-19 20.21.50 (resized).jpg
    2018-10-20 09.31.28 (resized).jpg
    2018-10-19 15.33.42 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1878 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1877 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1875 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1874 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1871 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

The Multimorphic team is proud to present Cosmic Cart Racing on the P3. CCR is a game the merges a fast-paced, flowing upper playfield layout and unique physical features with popular cart racing concepts, like race-based gaming (rather than 3-ball play) and powerups. The CCR upper playfield includes nearly 800 individually controllable RGB LED elements to deliver incredible lightshows and more information and feedback than ever before, and cool physical features like four magnetic ball lock / accelerators create unique ball action and game flow.

The video below gives a short glimpse of the game, and people are enjoying the game this weekend at the Texas Pinball Festival.

- Gerry Stellenberg
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#2 1 year ago

Excellent! Can't wait to see some more gameplay footage and find out how to play. Will be watching the seminar at 2pm tomorrow:

https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar

#3 1 year ago

Looks great Gerry.

#4 1 year ago

#shutupandtakemymoney

#5 1 year ago

Looks cool...

#6 1 year ago

Wow that looks cool! Looking forward to more info on gameplay. Awesome!!

#7 1 year ago

Multimorphic P3 seminar starting now:
    https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar

#8 1 year ago

A few notes from the seminar for those who missed it:
    - Layout is designed for flow with loops, ramps, etc.
    - CCR is race-based, not ball-based. You don't have a limited number of balls but if you drain you slow down.
    - There are magnets on the ramp which can stop balls, reverse the direction, lock balls, ramp assist (propel the ball like the supercharger in Getaway), etc.
    - Targets on the side of the playfield award power-ups.
    - Can play individually (against the computer), multiplayer (race heats against up to 4 players), networked multiplayer (race against real players on other P3 machines at the same time over the internet)
    - Layout is done, code is about 50% done, ships in a few months.

#9 1 year ago

Some pics.

IMG_1870 (resized).JPG

IMG_1871 (resized).JPG

IMG_1872 (resized).JPG

IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

IMG_1875 (resized).JPG

IMG_1877 (resized).JPG

IMG_1878 (resized).JPG

IMG_1879 (resized).JPG

IMG_1880 (resized).JPG

IMG_1881 (resized).JPG

#10 1 year ago

Some early gameplay vids are below. Reminder, software is about 50% complete. Voice callouts, music, and sound effects are about 5% complete and should be considered nothing more than placeholders.

- Gerry

#11 1 year ago

Thanks for the videos! The game looks fun with lots of flow shots.

I know you have some/all of this planned but:
    I guess you are going to be able to choose your cart at some point, are the carts going to have different abilities or advantages/disadvantages?
    It would be cool if you could also choose different alien characters as your driver, maybe with special powers (Lexy could make a Pinbot-style cameo as one of the drivers).
    It would also be cool if you could hit the other drivers off the track by shooting at them as you pass on the LCD screen.
    Perhaps the cars could drive by a space-station grandstand at some point filled with aliens (just thinking of ideas which might inject some more humour/personality).
    How about some Rocs/asteroids/comets which you need to destroy with the ball at certain points in the race?
    Perhaps some tiny ships or planets on the upper playfield and maybe a few printed playfield plastics here and there if there is room?

4 months later
    #13 12 months ago

Are there different tracks to choose from?

#14 12 months ago

Man I simply don't understand why the lack of excitement over this. I mean this post is 4 months old and only 13 posts? POTC was microseconds old and it already had 200 plus posts. Sigh. Im thinking about getting one just to have people over to demo. Im pretty excited about this. Thanks guys keep up the great work!!

#15 12 months ago

Twitch stream can be found here:

#16 11 months ago

How about a mode where you go into a pitstop and have to hit targets to change the wheels, refuel etc.? You could maybe also get winnings from the races which you could then use to add upgrades your vehicle.

4 weeks later
    #17 10 months ago

I’m eager to get Cosmic Car Racing for my P3. Really well done.

1 month later
    #18 9 months ago

Cant wait!

2 weeks later
    #19 9 months ago

We're back from the Houston show, where we had a great time showing off the latest CCR (and LL-EE) developments! As everybody knows by now, we [intentionally] do things differently than the other manufacturers, and that tends to result in fewer discussions from the mainstream forum posters who like discussing traditional pinball, but the progress we've made on CCR was really well received. The game was a hit. All of the changes we implemented since TPF paid off, and we still have some more gameplay ideas that are in the development pipeline.

I spent a good bit of time at the booth watching people play and explaining to them the differences to traditional pinball games. As always with our outside-the-box game designs, it takes a bit of time to grasp the differences, but those who did had a blast! I saw dozens of people walk up with their friends, figure out that they could play against each other via the Wi-Fi linking, and play a few times in a row as they learned how to strategically use powerups and combo their shots together to gain speed.

The only mechanical issue I saw was the scoop on the left machine sometimes kicking out STDM. We've tweaked the scoop design for production playfields; so that should be resolved. The only other change I made during the show on CCR was lowering the setting for allowable number of players per game on a standalone game to 1. That kept people from accidentally(?) starting 4 player games.

I've attached a few photos from the show. Apologies for the darkness, my phone's camera couldn't get the light exposure right. It would either focus on the players or cabinet and blow out the displays (LCD backbox displays!), or it would focus on the displays and make the cabinet too dark.

- Gerry

2018-10-19 15.33.42 (resized).jpg2018-10-19 20.21.50 (resized).jpg2018-10-20 09.31.28 (resized).jpg2018-10-20 09.31.40 (resized).jpg2018-10-20 09.32.11 (resized).jpg

#20 9 months ago

CCR was a blast! I love the new graphics on the track that let you know when power ups are available and speed ups are increased. It’s so much fun to glance over at the other machine right as you throw an EMP or roadblock at them.

And those backbox LCD’s are legit! They look great in person!

#21 9 months ago

Still doesn’t do them justice! But the best photo I got.

7F83C2FD-D7B9-456E-8C03-02345C2D5468 (resized).jpeg
    #22 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

CCR was a blast! I love the new graphics on the track that let you know when power ups are available and speed ups are increased. It’s so much fun to glance over at the other machine right as you throw an EMP or roadblock at them.

Video please .

#23 9 months ago

This game is awesome!!

#24 9 months ago

I wish I had been smart enough to grab video. Alas, I am not a clever man, and am easily distracted by blindly lights and the kickass party that is the Houston show.

1 month later
    #25 7 months ago

It's official. Cosmic Cart Racing for the P3 is shipping!

We'll be working through the backlog in the next 2 months or so. So if you have a CCR reserved, you'll be hearing from us very soon!

For everybody else, we'll be opening up orders on the website soon.

- Gerry

IMG_20181221_140312362 (resized).jpg
    #26 7 months ago

Yesss! Post holiday availability will be prefect timing... Nice work guys!

#27 7 months ago

Can't wait to read the reviews!

1 week later
    #28 6 months ago

looking forward to seeing this cool game in action

#29 6 months ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

looking forward to seeing this cool game in action

Hoping someone will bring one to pinfest this year! If not, I'd like to offer multimorphic my assistance in getting one there. I'll get a space!

Hint hint... Nudge nudge. I'll even truck it up there.

#30 6 months ago

Anyone got CCR yet?

#31 6 months ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Anyone got CCR yet?

Not me. Had to pick between the Monitor kit and CCR; I decided on the former.
    I just need like 3-4days (in a row) of rally on the Stock market for my limit order to trigger.
    I'm not holding my breath.

3 weeks later
    #32 5 months ago

My CCR has just been packed and on it's way to Oz. Backbox and CCR artwork on it's way also. Can't wait

#33 5 months ago
    Quoted from mjfisher:

My CCR has just been packed and on it's way to Oz. Backbox and CCR artwork on it's way also. Can't wait

Mine shipped today as well... looking forward to the 2 minute install

#34 5 months ago

Good work guys, look forward to the reviews!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 174.99
    € 59.80
    Lighting - Backbox
    Freddys Pinball Paradise
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside