(Topic ID: 98128)

Intro: Balls are locked and I'm ready to score!

By FlipperNinja

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlipperNinja.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm a longtime and avid fan of classic gaming. My interests include classic arcade, pinball, C64, Atari, NES and other "classic" game consoles.

I already own my own MAME cabinet, which is overdue for an upgrade. I never realized until a week or so ago that there was a huge online community for pinball as well as pinball emulation ala visual pinball and other programs. I was thoroughly enjoying Pinball Arcade when it suddenly occurred to me to google pinball emulator and pinball forums.

In a perfect world if a Cirqus Voltaire landed on my doorstep tomorrow my life would be complete but I don't see that happening anytime...ever. I can't realistically spend thousands of dollars on a pinball machine so I'd like to make my own virtual cabinet, preferably by gutting a non-restorable cab as I'm not too keen on carpentry from scratch.

I would be up for a restoration project on a decent and reasonably priced cab too possibly.

I'm a big fan of 80s/90s era pins as well as some of the older, classic pins. Some of my favorites include but aren't limited to: Monster Bash, Theatre of Magic, Arabian Nights, Addams Family (obligatory) and Cirqus Voltaire.
    No surprises there.

Some of my favorite classic arcade games include: Galaga, Ms. Pacman, Warlords, Missile Command and Super Street Fighter II (Champion Turbo Special World Warrior Super Edition).

I've never played in any tournaments but I have been told, "You're a pinball wizard!" and "You're amazing!" (by digitized voices)
    Not a pro but I'm fairly decent, know the common flipper tricks and yes...as a kid I routinely used my high scores on the machines to spell dirty words. What can I say? Guilty.

And just for funs, I came across this electro remix of the Cirqus Voltaire theme today:

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

There are a lot of great 80's pins in the $800-1200 range. You should get one to enjoy for a while before you do the PinMAME thing. Good luck!

Yeah, well I'm definitely keeping an eye out but I moved recently and there's somewhat of a limited selection in my current local area. I might make some calls though and see if the few arcades in the area have any old, unloved cabinets if they haven't already all been poached.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlipperNinja.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/intro-balls-are-locked-and-im-ready-to-score?tu=FlipperNinja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.