Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DropTarget
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.gif
20160827_224330 (resized).jpg
20150922_201649.jpg
image.jpg
200.gif
doge_maw.jpg
00o0o_jhnBLbQa2Ji_600x450.jpg
00H0H_dT5XQxcQfSG_600x450.jpg
image.jpg
image-221.jpg
funny-picture-like-this-picture-if-no-batman-slaps-robin.jpg
1d584e5e-e887-4b5e-92cc-d60e581716f5-637.jpg
20140706_211112.jpg
20140706_211123.jpg

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 4 months ago

The story is absolutely insane...but the manner in which the OP so eloquently describes the story in such vivid detail is what makes it for me.

I can see myself coming back to reread this gem a few more times.

#252 4 months ago

It does have a certain charm, despite the (face it) poor writing.

#253 4 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Still the best Pinside post ever.
Even better then the pinball lessons and Shasta.

I agree completely. The Shasta and lesson thread was funny but more of a joke than this. This one is funny but the fact that is true just makes it that much more.

#254 4 months ago

Nice to see the game is still a part of the OP’s collection...

#255 4 months ago

Just read the story can’t believe OP didn’t bring a hand truck and I can imagine how hard it was to man handle it out to the truck.

Would have been nice to see some pictures of the house etc. but phone battery was inconveniently low. That’s one thing I can’t figure about the story because companion didn’t have phone is odd to me and I’m a nut about charging my phone so I’d never forget my charger. Also a lot of gas stations sell car charges. So to me the idea of two people with one phone between them is hard to believe on top of no battery just adds a layer of implausibly.

I’d have left as soon as I saw the house, not worth getting potentially killed or robbed.

1 week later
#256 4 months ago

Hey the thread lives again.

Game is still in my collection. Smell of death left it after the first year. It's sitting next to my dungeons and dragons from a craiglist abandon/ storage house and a getaway from another Craig's list from a closed bar next to a cement factory in a bad part of town. Still need to fix the board on that one.

My craigslist adventures have been on hold last few years.

As to some of the new comments, yeah forgot the dolly leaving super early and 4 to 5 years ago phones not everyone had cell phones. Nowadays I have back up chargers and battery. Back then I only used it mainly for work.

I did try looking up the place on Google earth but can't see anything since it was all over grown.

Funny thing is I just told the story to a cousin who was asking where I got sttng from and found the post revive.

As for my writings, I thought they we were pretty good for a sitting and no proof reading.

Shrugs, to each in their own way

#257 4 months ago

I thought it was fine writing!

#258 4 months ago
Quoted from CoffinStuffer:

Hey the thread lives again.
Game is still in my collection. Smell of death left it after the first year. It's sitting next to my dungeons and dragons from a craiglist abandon/ storage house and a getaway from another Craig's list from a closed bar next to a cement factory in a bad part of town. Still need to fix the board on that one.
My craigslist adventures have been on hold last few years.
As to some of the new comments, yeah forgot the dolly leaving super early and 4 to 5 years ago phones not everyone had cell phones. Nowadays I have back up chargers and battery. Back then I only used it mainly for work.
I did try looking up the place on Google earth but can't see anything since it was all over grown.
Funny thing is I just told the story to a cousin who was asking where I got sttng from and found the post revive.
As for my writings, I thought they we were pretty good for a sitting and no proof reading.
Shrugs, to each in their own way

Your writing and story telling was excellent. Some on pinside always need to complain about something. Your post was outstanding.

#259 4 months ago

I can only imagine the residence was not unlike the drug family in the episode of Breaking Bad(the one where they try to bust open an ATM).

#260 4 months ago
Quoted from s1500:

I can only imagine the residence was not unlike the drug family in the episode of Breaking Bad(the one where they try to bust open an ATM).

good comparison. I can see it.

#261 4 months ago

Oh yeah, interminable paragraphs (it was originally all one paragraph!), willy nilly verb tense shifts, incorrect homonyms, repetition... Great writing, hey!

An editor would hand it back angrily in about ten seconds.

Great story, though! Very creative descriptions, I'll give you that. But that isn't all there is to "outstanding" writing.

Go ahead, downvote me and advertise how you just don't get it, I'll never see them anyway. Publicly disagreeing with obviously correct criticism is really intelligent. I simply noted, even as I complimented its charm, that it was poor writing. I'm not the one who made a big deal out of it. Stating a fact is not complaining. I do realize I expect too much, but like Jim Jefferies says, I think we can all do better.

It could have been a lot outstandinger! (That's a jo, I say, that's a joke, son!)

#262 4 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Oh yeah, interminable paragraphs (it was originally all one paragraph!), willy nilly verb tense shifts, incorrect homonyms, repetition... Great writing, hey!
Great story, though! Very creative descriptions, I'll give you that. But that isn't all there is to "outstanding" writing.
Go ahead, downvote me and advertise how you just don't get it, I'll never see them anyway. Publicly disagreeing with obviously correct criticism is really intelligent. I simply noted, even as I complimented its charm, that it was poor writing. I'm not the one who made a big deal out of it. Stating a fact is not complaining. I do realize I expect too much, but like Jim Jefferies says, I think we can all do better.
It could have been a lot outstandinger! (That's a jo, I say, that's a joke, son!)

You must be a hit at parties.

#263 4 months ago

Good read

#264 4 months ago

Go ahead, downvote me and advertise how you just don't get it, I'll never see them anyway. Publicly disagreeing with obviously correct criticism is really intelligent.

I think people are down voting because this is one of those times when with the old saying “If you can’t say something nice...” holds true.

#265 4 months ago

You are in Wisconsin. Take 3 Old Fashioned's, 2 Boilermakers, and re-read immediately after. You will find it a well written think piece. Even possibly outstandinger and Imamaculate.

#266 4 months ago

Great short story! Scary but hilarious. Congrats on your five hour mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before! And should probably never go again!

#267 4 months ago
Quoted from s1500:

When I read this I was thinking the same thing but waiting for a little dirty redhead kid to appear.

The OP could have used Jesse's trick on the methheads to get his tools back. Just start digging a hole to distract them

#268 4 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

When I read this I was thinking the same thing but waiting for a little dirty redhead kid to appear.
The OP could have used Jesse's trick on the methheads to get his tools back. Just start digging a hole to distract them

Gotta love Breaking Bad: Those were the other drug addicts in the run-down house. One kept calling for the other's name, Jesse & Mike get in via the 'ol hole diggin' trick.

Yeah, guess I've been lucky. My only remotely close was the guy who gave me the address to his neighbor's house in a duplex. Woman answered, he then answered his door, completed the transaction. No drug addiction.

1 week later
#269 4 months ago
Quoted from CoffinStuffer:

yeah forgot the dolly

Go Back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 164.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
Boards
PinSound
4,900 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Oakland, NE
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside