(Topic ID: 85257)

International shipping-US to Australia

By wayner

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SShotunpack2.jpg
    SShotunpackbed7.jpg
    SShotunpacklegs5.jpg
    SSshotunpackcarcassprofile4.jpg
    SShotunpack3-834.jpg
    SShotarrivehome-654.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Following is a recent post on the EM forum relating my positive experience in importing a machine from the US to Australia:

I took delivery of quite a beautiful Sure Shot last week from an ebay seller in San Jose CA and had it shipped to port in Sydney ,Australia. That's one heck of a trip on the deck of the HS Bizet.
    I wanted to mention that Craters & Freighters coordinated the door to port shipping and did an absolutely superb job. The crating & packing simply left nothing to chance and as result the machine arrived on the other side of the globe in the same pristine condition it left San Jose.
    Incidentally I had sought a quote NAVL but despite two reminders I got no response other than the words 'international shipping quotes take longer'. That was last January and if I had persisted with NAVL I would still be waiting. On the other hand Craters & Freighters responded immediately. Likewise Import Downunder Services coordinated the machine release in Sydney and they did a great job also.
    I have included some pics of the machine and the crating. The cost of crating and shipping was approx. $US1500 and landing charges were approx. $A980. That is not insignificant but for me I got the pristine machine I wanted with a no hassle import experience.SShotarrivehome-654.jpgSShotarrivehome-654.jpg

SShotunpack3-834.jpgSShotunpack3-834.jpgSSshotunpackcarcassprofile4.jpgSSshotunpackcarcassprofile4.jpgSShotunpacklegs5.jpgSShotunpacklegs5.jpgSShotunpackbed7.jpgSShotunpackbed7.jpgSShotunpack2.jpgSShotunpack2.jpgSSshotunpackcarcassprofile4.jpgSSshotunpackcarcassprofile4.jpgSShotunpacklegs5.jpgSShotunpacklegs5.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Wow, pretty impressed with the crating & woodwork, Is that special treated timber for shipping,
    All the best on the new Pin

#3 10 years ago

I did a Flying Turns recently

cost about the same $160 for crating

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

I did a Flying Turns recently

So did Malaysian airlines

#5 10 years ago

mmm

rest in peace 239 souls

#6 10 years ago

Let me know if you plan to ship again I can get you a much better deal in the future

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

mmm

rest in peace 239 souls

Yes Rip. Poor buggers.
    Didnt mean to offend anyone but when I read that, it was the 1st thing to come to mind. Just got home from drinking with the raft guides all afternoon

#8 10 years ago

thanks for sharing. great packaging job there. very nice.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sgtmax:

Let me know if you plan to ship again I can get you a much better deal in the future</blockquote
    Thks. I emailed you when you mentioned this to me in Jan14 prior to this shipment so
    I could get contact details but I never received a response. I am endeavouring to import another machine currently so I would dearly like to follow through your offer.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

Wow, pretty impressed with the crating & woodwork, Is that special treated timber for shipping,
    All the best on the new Pin

Thks for your post. The shipper provided a packing declaration to enable customs clearance.

#11 10 years ago

the seller did the AUS/US freetrade agrement form yes? i think its mandatory anyway. that would negate/remove the customs duties around 5%... unfortunately not the GST.

#12 10 years ago

Nicely executed Wayner. What were the insurance costs if I may ask? I'd be nervous as hell that everything would go to plan.Beautifully crated.I couldn't have it delivered any other way.

I dream of doing this with a Fathom.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Nicely executed Wayner. What were the insurance costs if I may ask? I'd be nervous as hell that everything would go to plan.Beautifully crated.I couldn't have it delivered any other way.
    I dream of doing this with a Fathom.

The insurance costs (based on purchase value of machine) were inclusive of & mandatory to the overall shipping costs. Craters & Freighters are known not to be cheap but they have a fine record and it is that record that gives comfort the machine will arrive intact. I remember the Craters & Freighters contact officer saying: "We have shipped many pinballs-we know what is required and you can rest assured the machine will arrive the way it left". That is very reassuring and indeed is what occurred.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks wayner,insurance costs included.

It's reassuring to know craters and freighters are aware of shipping pinballs.I'd have no trouble paying what they ask to for a proper crate job.

enjoy Sure Shot.

4 months later
    #15 9 years ago

Post a pic of it set up!

3 years later
    #16 6 years ago

Resurrecting this thread. I have a buyer for my AFM but need to ship to Australia. We are running into some logistical issues and I came upon this thread today. What an amazing packing job!

Found them with a quick Google search. Anyone else use these folks for international shipping of pins?

Thanks,

Darin

#17 6 years ago

Wow, I would love to know how much it costs to ship a Pin to Australia! I have to ship a playfield there and the prices are crazy. $290 for a simple playfield. I felt guilty telling the buyer but apparently they understand the difficulty shipping there.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow, I would love to know how much it costs to ship a Pin to Australia! I have to ship a playfield there and the prices are crazy. $290 for a simple playfield. I felt guilty telling the buyer but apparently they understand the difficulty shipping there.

290 for a pf sounds ok to me!

#19 6 years ago

CPR charge $219 USD, and they'd ship a lot of them.

$290 USD would sound about right for a one-off.

It's a lot .. but it is what it is ...

rd

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Found them with a quick Google search. Anyone else use these folks for international shipping of pins?

Yes, while I don't crate my pins I have put others on to them for a BBB etc.

They do a nice job. Pricey though ...

rd

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I felt guilty telling the buyer but apparently they understand the difficulty shipping there.

We do usually back into overseas transactions with cheeks parted BUT as rd just stated it is how it is AND, if you can't source the parts, etc over here and need it....... cheek partage with a resolved grimace

6 months later
    #22 6 years ago

Looking for a good deal oncrating/shipping a pin to Western Australia from the US.........anyone else recommend any other companies other than Craters and Freighters? I am sure they do a good job,just not sure I can afford them.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from blackeugene99:

Looking for a good deal oncrating/shipping a pin to Western Australia from the US.........anyone else recommend any other companies other than Craters and Freighters? I am sure they do a good job,just not sure I can afford them.

Have you done your sums on the landing costs in Australia?

It is likely to be around $800 plus 10% GST on the invoice price of the machine AND 10% GST on the freight bill including all of the landing costs like agent fees, port access fees, trucking fees etc etc.

The total bill could easily be AU$1500~3000 for shipping and GST.

I sent two machines to Sydney late last year from China and they cost me just under $3K for landing costs and GST - that was EXCLUDING the actual shipping cost.

Another that was sent to New Zealand and arrived last week cost $350 for the shipping and another $2100 landing costs in NZ. Total $2450

Don't be tricked into thinking you will get a cheap pin to AU and end up with a bargain. Then factor in the possibility that you can't easily convert it to 230V.

1 year later
    #24 5 years ago

Its more a matter of getting a 'specific' pinny. Anything newer than 1980 has no interest for me......they are more reliant on luck than skill when playing. Give me an old 'Drop-A-Card' any day

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/international-shipping-us-to-australia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.