Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I have a question for people who have sold from the US to Europe.

Having never sold a game in Europe but recently had someone reach out, very excited to purchase a game form me. We went round and round on things and even though it wasn't what I intended I ended up palliating the game, got it ready for shipping to a "friend" here in the US (who vouched for him but now cant pay for shipping and couldn't pallet the game). He then ask me to arrange shipping through STI, which I did, now the shipping company needs payment and he is saying he can't pay them via credit card. This person is in France, has anyone else had these issues?

I am trying to be fair, I started this process which I will never do again but I am at a loss when he can't use a credit card to pay the shipping company. He wired the money, I am waiting on my bank to receive. My banker set up an escrow account for the money so my accounts are not compromised no matter what happens.

Any advice is appreciated, just looking for a little insight and advice. Something is off here and I just cant figure out what?

#3 2 years ago

I agree but I agreed and I’m the kind of person that I will go as far a si can to keep my word. I am at the end of my rope though and trying to see what’s normal.

#11 2 years ago

Thank you al for your replies.

I initially said no ad I have no experience. He has a friend in the US reach out and try to buy it, I said sure. My deal was to ship via STI to CA ans his friend would handle from there. His payment was an issue, he said France has mo friends and family PayPal, thankfully I have a very good relationship with a bank and was able to do a bank wire and after explaining my situation, my banker st it up as a zero risk to me situation.

All set up, he as me to contact STI and arrange shipping, which I did. Michelle ask fot payment and I put him on the email to pay. He contacted her and told her I was paying and he would sore money. I’m not doing that, made it very clear.

Something is fishy, I really appreciate all your insight, this should have gone much smoother. We will wait and see, the game goes nowhere unless he gets this worked out.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is the shipping company saying they can't accept his card, or is the buyer saying he can't give them a card for payment?
    Either way, both situations would sound odd.

No he is saying they can’t accept his French card. Michelle said they take international cards all the time.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Has he already paid you for the game?

he has paid, pending it arriving at my bank. It’s not a small Bank and they deal with international wires often so they are not giving me the all clear until it’s out of the holding account and into a safe account.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from wawa777:

As a German living in the US, still owning a German credit card and having quite some international visitors over the past years: It shouldn’t be an issue to pay with an European CC in the US.
    Only issues I came across were the zip code and security/anti-fraud measures.
    If there is no zip code associated with the CC „00000“ should do the job, otherwise the French zip code should work.
    It might happen that the card issuer blocks the transaction due to the international nature, not matching usage patterns. It takes one quick call to solve that.
    BTW.: Sending it to a friend in the US seems quite weird to me, because of the extra costs it creates w/o any tangible benefit. I‘d be super careful regarding the next steps.

I really appreciate Your insight. It seems his “friend” is a import/exporter in CA who is on Pinside and has been since 2012.

It’s not leaving my house until all payments through the bank and ll os right.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

I've shipped from Europe to the usa and did it with fedex. DHL probably is also a good option.
    More expensive than smaller shipping companies but much easier to use.
    They can get the game immediately from your house to France and arrange all the paperwork.
    So contact them, get quotes, and let the french guy pay for it all.
    Or, even better (but more expensive) - let the buyer contact them and arrange it all.
    That way he gets the invoice and you don't have to worry about hidden costs..
    But it'll cost - I noticed getting a quote for the same shipment from here in Europe was much more expensive than someone in the USA requesting a quote to move the same game..
    Shipping the game to someone in the USA as he suggests is also an option, then for you it's a 'local' sale and the buyer needs to arrange the international part.
    The whole thing does have me worried. Is it a rare game and the buyer a serious collector ?
    Or someone who hardly knows anything about pinball and just saw a cheap price and thinks shipping will not cost a lot ?
    I hope it's not a Stern game as these won't work in the EU (50/60 Hz security check).
    There's a lot that can go wrong and make this a disappointing sale for both of you.

I am done arranging things for this guy, I have gone above and beyond. No customs forms, my deal is to get the game to his friend in CA that’s it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/international-sale-us-to-europe?tu=wesh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.