(Topic ID: 9300)

International machines made outside of the USA?

By Playmatic

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I myself live in the USA, but I know that each user is unique. We all are used to machines from Bally, Williams, Gottlieb, Stern, etc. As you can tell by my username, I'm also into Playmatic machines from Spain.
    Besides the popular name brands, are there any honorable mentions that you wish to bring to light? Any certain machines that you believe deserve more attention than given?

Also, are there any countries of interest worth noting due to rarity alone? For example, I can't think of a single machine from the Southeast Asia region. I'm certain that a few members can surely fill us in on some unknown greats.

#2 12 years ago

Whats that other Spanish brand? I was at at Bernard Kamaroff's shop today, he was really into this one brand whose name escapes me right now, EM machine...

Ah, yes, Sonic.

#3 12 years ago

Zaccaria has some amazing looking pins.

Sonic has some cool pins, some of their games have polyurethene playfields, so they'd basically never wear out.

I've never owned any oddball brands myself though, but I have played some at shows...

#4 12 years ago

I looked at a sonic, super straight pin the other day in beautiful condition. He wanted $250, I should have picked it up but I don't need another EM pin. I played it for a few min and it was def fun.

#5 12 years ago

Bell Games and Zaccaria are the ones that impressed me. Spooky, Farfella and Magic Castle are nice to play and look at.

Most Bell games were copies of other games such as my Fantasy which is a copy of Centaur with different art. Wild Schultz is an original but I haven't played it yet.

Pinslave is the expert on obscure European titles.

#6 12 years ago

The Spinball games from Spain in the 90's look cool... 'Jolly Park', 'Verne's World'.

#7 12 years ago

Game Plan isn't foreign, but a lot of newer pinheads have never heard of them.

#8 12 years ago

The only place to play pins in the wild near me has a game plan pin, cyclopes. It a blast.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from emo:

Most Bell games were copies of other games such as my Fantasy which is a copy of Centaur with different art.

Nice BG on that one! The whole extra digit on the score display which is just a fixed '0' illuminated with a GI bulb is kindof cheesy, but the rest of the game looks cool. Be nice to have one of these and a Centaur side by side in a large collection.

#10 12 years ago

The second most important country for pin is Spain, with an amazing production:

here's the bible:
    http://pinballspain.comyr.com/proyecto1/petacos_tablist.php

Zaccaria in Italia is also a great and innovative brand.
    Bell game and other italian brands often only made cheap kits and copies

In France, you've got above all the innovative serie: fliptronic from Rally Play
    nixies tubes, a sound board since 1966, a great playfield Illumination through playfield post.
    they have invented roll over targets.

you could find some UFOs in Brazil, Germany, Australia and Japan.

you could find here, pictures of my Rally fliptronic machines:
    http://www.collectionneursdeflippers.com/lorenz38

enjoy ^^

#11 12 years ago

Fantastic Link LorenZ - thanks

#12 12 years ago

You've got A. Hankin in Australia. I've only ever seen the Howzat! game.
    There's also Alvin G. Punchy The Clown and Mystery Castle were at PPE a couple of years ago.
    Zaccaria games are eagerly sought in Seattle and so some of our members have a Devil Riders, a Circus, and a Farfalla (which I consider to be one of the most beautiful pinball machines ever made).
    On Facebook there's a guy from Brazil whose page is called "Pinball Friends Of World" who regularly features machines made outside of the USA. I love that page.

#13 12 years ago

There's also Recel, which had some neat falling targets in it.

Taito was the bootleg king for sure. FireAction, Drakor, Black Rider / Cavaliero Negro, Black Hole.... actually they copied a hell of a lot of games judging by IPDB.

-Hans

#14 12 years ago

Yes, there are some great Spanish machines out there. I'm a rare-game junkie and have landed a few; Jolly Park, Verne's World, Metal Man, and Mephisto. I used to have a Mach 2, as well.

I love the oddball US stuff too, and am a big Alvin G fan. I've got a Mystery Castle, Pistol Poker, and Punchy the Clown. I used to have a World Tour, too, but it's gone now....

At any rate, there's MANY more cool Spanish/Italian titles out there too. It's just very hard to locate most of these, even with overseas help.

#15 12 years ago

Really nice collection acesparky

#16 12 years ago

Farfalla is definitely the most beautiful pinball machine ever made, no question about it.
    I will own one someday, but probably not any time soon.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/international-machines-made-outside-of-the-usa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.