You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TS.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo (1).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

That's a bad noise when the ball locks. I might check the sanctum wall assembly switches to see if they are adjusted properly. If your optos are working at the sanctum, perhaps the game isn't seeing the wall fall and thinks the ball should not be in the lock. There's a switch at the bottom of the wall. Check it n test when the wall falls.

Not a bad idea...but find out where that buzzing is coming from, it's not the magnet, you can hear the magnet hum when it's holding the ball, I think the buzz is coming from the diverter behind the sanctum, it maybe getting stuck when it's trying to lock the ball.

TS.JPGTS.JPG
See the metal diverter...I bet this is what's getting stuck, you may need to rebuild it.

#15 9 years ago

I have no idea whose Shadow that is...I picked it up on the internet to help illustrate.

#18 9 years ago

I just watched the video again, the machine knows when the 3rd ball is in the sanctum and it starts the multiball with only the one ball, so I have to say your machine thinks it's missing 2 balls....You need to take the balls out and put them in one by one in the switch test and make sure it's registering in the switch test matrix.
Also it happens 50% of times is because that's how trough optos go bad..they start working intermittently then eventually cut out. Here is an easy way to check if you have a flaky opto, put the game in the switch test and take the balls out, then with an open hand slap the pf and see if the switch matrix registers a switch from the shock. Let me know how this plays out..............

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Ok! I agree with your diagnosis, but your prescription is a little opiated for this patient!
If trough optos haven't been replaced, I always recommend replacing them all on both sides. This costs less than $5, and takes about 15 min. Don't buy replacement boards with SMD's as down the road, they seem to form the problems again, but faster (I'm guessing due to surface mount parts being more prone to vibration over through hole parts, with more strength).
The video really suggests to me though that the ball is maybe engaging the first and second sanctum lock, possibly sitting over the second lock switch partially, and never making it completely in.
I would concentrate there first, and look to the troughs after. Your eyes are you best tool for PF issues.

Opiated? Lol...ok. Funny but still wrong, if the diverter is kicking the ball out, which means then it know the ball is in the sanctum so the switch idea doesn't hold water. The only way it will kick the ball out rather than lock it is if it thinks theres only one ball in the machine. Besides if the switch was not fully engaging it would first go into ball search then kick out the ball...if you watch the video it shows the ball releasing from the sanctum immediately.

#23 9 years ago

Then good luck fixing intermittent opto problems..I guess shot gunning parts is much better.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Anyway, I don't provide assistant to people to get into back and forth issues. There are enough things for the op to try here, one of which should resolve the issue. I would only recommend staying away from slapping the PF, but what do I know

Great except you quoted my post and said that it was opiated, and then proceded to give the wrong advice of stuck switches, and criticizing slapping of the pf..which by the way is much softer on the pf than flying steel balls.

1 week later
#31 9 years ago

In that case my tip of the hat to Atomicboy. However, I thought you said that it kicked the same ball out without ever locking any....which made the stuck switch idea wrong. If the machine locked the first and then it triggered 2 switches then it would have started multiball with 2 balls not 1. Also easily the switch test would have indicated 2 switches closed on the martix, which would have tipped you off of a stuck switch, (thought you said you did this) but whatever. Good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/intermittent-shadow-sanctum-issue-help?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.