Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by rcbrown316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1226181558 (resized).jpg
1226181557 (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

I have an excellent condition Victory that intermittently melts the drop bank coil on the upper PF. I have replaced it twice now and a 3rd is on the way. I suspected the lugs on the coil were getting shorted as all that stuff is jammed in pretty tight up there so I was careful to shield the lugs when I reseated the upper pf. I'm still not convinced that isn't the issue but looking for some experience here. I wouldnt think the driver transistor would be intermittent but looking for ideas.

#2 5 months ago

I would check and do all the reccomended ground upgrades to the game and replace corresponding transistor for the coil.

#3 5 months ago

The mica insulator on the t3 device looks pretty toasty. wish i had some of these kicking around. I'm thinking Im not going to bother replacing the coil until I get these.

1226181557 (resized).jpg1226181558 (resized).jpg
#4 5 months ago

Are all the ground mods done?

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Are all the ground mods done?

not sure. I think so. I boiught it from a serious gottlieb dude up here in upstate ny.

#6 5 months ago

so the transistor(s) were the immediate culprit. the t03 one was dead shorted. replaced it and notice most of the fuses under the pf were blown. got them replaced and then the right upkicker that fires into the upper pf was shot. coil locked on and melted. replaced those transistors and subbed in another coil. thought I had it then the knocker locked on. there's gotta be something locking those transistors on. 5v???. i disconnected the knocker and it played without issue last night.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 8.40
$ 279.95
$ 279.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside