(Topic ID: 302240)

Intermittent controlled lights on Wizard!

By Phesson

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CEE2CBC4-B1FD-45B3-80FA-3E4B8451672F (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I have a Bally Wizard! That has a couple lamp issues.

I cleaned the bonus unit and the issue has narrowed to bonus lights 5000 - 8000. They will light but go out before stepping up. Before cleaning it was all the bonus lights before the 10,000 mark. Past the 10,000 bonus all the lamps light and stay lit as they should. Looking at the schematic it seems the lamps are controlled by the bonus unit. The spider and switch contacts have been cleaned and look to be adjusted properly.

The second instance of this is with the 4th flag indicator lamp at the right top of the playfield and the indicator lamp at the 4th flag target. They both light when the flag resets but only for a second then go out. Per the schematic they are controlled by the 4th flip relay. The contacts have been cleaned and look to be adjusted properly.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you.

CEE2CBC4-B1FD-45B3-80FA-3E4B8451672F (resized).jpegCEE2CBC4-B1FD-45B3-80FA-3E4B8451672F (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Probably Bally flaky sockets. Try twisting them a bit while the bonus is in the correct position. If they flicker it’s the socket. There is a thread on here somewhere on how to solder them direct past the bake light disc. If not put a little pressure on the stepper finger when it’s in position. might need to bend towards contact just a bit

#3 2 years ago

Just like metalguy said, I would double check that the wipers are making solid contact with the brass rivets on the bonus unit. Sometimes they can look like they are but can be a hair off and raised slightly.

I’ve had lots of issues on my Wizard bonus unit from broken teeth on the plastic gear, bad ratchet to a bent frame and counting extra 1000s.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/intermittent-controlled-lights-on-wizard?hl=metalguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.