• Latest reply 5 years ago by fb_rider
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

575072596.png
Screenshot_20180908-223844.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I'd clean the switch with a clean piece of paper. Gently pinch the paper between the contacts if the switch and pull it through. A few passes should be sufficient.

Make sure the switch is adjusted properly, and that the screws holding the switch to the playfield haven't gotten loose. Make sure that the ball rolling over the switch's actuator is enough to push the switch closed.

If the switch has a capacitor wired into it, try cutting one leg of the capacitor off and see if that gets the switch working. Either way, if the switch has a capacitor, I'd change it for good measure. Also, gently tug on the wires going to the switch to be sure they aren't loose or hanging on by a thread.

Are any other switches not working?

#4 5 years ago

Whoops, i should have read your post more closely!

Take a close look at the bank shot target, make sure the wiring is correct going to it. Also make sure the diodes on that switch and the B lane switch aren't touching anything they shouldn't be, and that they're firmly attached to their respective solder lugs. Make sure the solder lugs on the bank shot switch aren't touching each other or anything else nearby, as well. I'll have to get a look at the switch matrix diagram, that may help us narrow the possible culprits. (I got the diagram, I'll attach it)

Did it just start doing this recently?

Screenshot_20180908-223844.jpgScreenshot_20180908-223844.jpg
#5 5 years ago

I do see here that the bank shot switch (aka "in line back target") has a capacitor, and is in the same switch matrix row as the B rollover switch. Cut one çapacitor leg off the bank shot switch and see if that fixes it (granted that everything else looks ok)

575072596.png575072596.png

#7 5 years ago

Definitely. It would still work ok with the cap clipped, but the cap is there to help register quick, short hits on the switch. Looking over the switch matrix, it appears the "DELUXE" targets also use those caps, as well as the pop bumpers, and a rollover button (probably the one up the left side of the playfield). So if you're going to order a cap for the bank shot, you may as well order some extras for those other switches too, since they're likely to fail sooner or later.

Good luck!

#11 5 years ago

Good stuff!! Enjoy your Eight Ball Deluxe--that's a game I *will* add to my collection one day. Such an awesome game!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from fb_rider:

Yeah, this is my third one. I keep them for a while then sell them, but eventually decide I need another one! Now that I've fixed a few "quirks", this seems to be the best playing one I've owned.
My other favorite is Stern Seawitch (I've owned 2 of those), but they've really gone up in price since I sold my last one a few years ago!

Well, if you ever decide to sell this one, please let me know!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 199.95
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/intermittent-bank-shot-eight-ball-deluxe?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.