• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by waldo34
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A85D434-8669-4936-9703-AEB6F988F52C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago

The replacement cap is perfect. I doubt the original was faulty and it is very unlikely to have been 'smoking'.

More than likely you have pulled out the 'vias' on the PCB when replacing this cap - it's a super common issue.

Get your meter out and confirm continuity top to bottom of the PCB tracks in question.

Read all about this and many other helpful tips at PinWiki or send the board out for professional repair.

2 weeks later
#16 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Seeing a top side trace from the negative C11 capacitor leg over to BR3. Not getting connectivity when testing. Hoping to test more later today.

Yes, EXACTLY as I suspected.

I think, if you are serious about pinball repairs in the future, you really should learn how to use your multimeter CORRECTLY - and - MORE THAN THAT - UNDERSTAND what it is telling you when you make measurements.

By telling us that you thought a meter reading of "1.206" was higher than 1K5 tells me you need to study up. While I'm commenting, UNDERSTANDING what the meter is telling you is important - in this case you could have 100% ignored the last two digits displayed and read the meter as "1.2".

Same as measuring voltages - in almost every case in pinball repair you can ignore the last digits. IE: A meter reading on the 5 volt supply reads 5.275 - this should be interpreted as 5.2 or 5.3 - YOU need to understand things like this AND work out if a reading of 5.2V is OK in the circumstance you are measuring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interlock-switch-c11-capacitor-meltdown-corvette-help-needed?tu=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.