• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 3 years ago

Bally Flip Flop. Insert coin, credit is added. Press start button activates Credit relay (switch contacts move). That's it. Game does not reset, GAME OVER remains on backglass. I can manually activate COIN relay, CREDIT relay, and RESET relay which will clear score wheels but game remains in Game Over. Will not kick out ball to shooter lane and nothing on playfield functions. If I manually energize Interlock relay LATCH coil, the game can be played. But the INTERLOCK relay does not hold at any point during startup. Neither the LATCH coil, nor the TRIP coil. They do not energize, they do not hold in order for the game to play.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks. I do have the manual and schematic. I understand what is suppose to happen, but no idea why it is not.

#4 3 years ago

You've checked the start button?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#5 3 years ago

Have you checked this M/B sw. on the Game Over relay? Be sure it's clean and making solid contact on the both sides.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#6 3 years ago

Switch contacts clean and proper. Push start button, Reset relay moves (clicks) but nothing else. If I manually move Reset it will clear reels but still in Game Over. When I manually move Interlock relay switches, it will allow game play but will not hold. As soon as I let go of the switches, Game Over.

#7 3 years ago

Have you checked the score motor sw. on cam 8? It is mentioned in the start seq. It looks like it might be 8F, a NC switch.

#8 3 years ago

I'll check Score Motor switch 8F. Regarding the switches on the Interlock Latch relay, what is the 'normal' position of each switch? NO, NC. Maybe they need adjusting. Thanks for your help.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from flopflip:

Regarding the switches on the Interlock Latch relay, what is the 'normal' position of each switch?

Look at the plastic armature for the non-energized position.

#10 3 years ago

Resting in the non-energized position, the top switch is a M/B with the top leaf closed, bottom leaf open. the 2nd and 3rd switch is closed, and the 4th and 5th switch is open.

#11 3 years ago

SCM Switch 8F was open. I closed it and now pushing start button resets but does not start game. I will check switches on Latch relay. What is the association with the M/B relay and the Interlock Latch relay?

#12 3 years ago

I would check the Coin relay hold sw. and the score motor sw. mentioned in C on post 4.

#13 3 years ago

Okay, adjusted switches on Interlock Latch accordingly. Now the relay energizes, but the Backglass still shows GAME OVER and the Latch will not stop energizing. Playfield is active as though the game was in normal play. But the game does not reset nor start when Start Button is pressed. I had to slip a index card between Latch switch blades to get it to de-energize, which also turned off the Game Over in backglass.

#14 3 years ago

Go to the start seq. and follow it thru. Don't get distracted, which is something I'm prone to.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from flopflip:

Thanks. I do have the manual and schematic. I understand what is suppose to happen, but no idea why it is not.

Quoted from currieddog:

Go to the start seq. and follow it thru. Don't get distracted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interlock-relay-not-energizing-start-up-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.