• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160508_223844_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_182355_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

My dragons no longer go Baoooooo!!! when you hit them. The relay is working and I can hear a pop from the speaker when I hit each dragon but it isn't playing the classic sound of the dragon dying. All of the other sounds work fine. I replaced the big cap on the sound board but got no change. Any suggestions on what to try next would be much appreciated.

I've also had issues with phantom tilts when I have the flippers in the full strength setting. Anyone else ever experience this?

#2 7 years ago

No experience with the tilt issue. But here is a link to the tilt issue fix.

https://www.flippers.com/InterFlip.html

I have rebuilt my Dragons sound board. The thing I would check for first is ... remove it from the machine and inspect the traces on the back of the board. The traces around the edges and under the rubber mounts tend to wear with vibration and open up.

Once those are fixed/checked check everything on this side of the board.
This side controls the dragon noise.

I know parts are missing off this board. But it's the only pic I could find.
Pot missing. Transistor. Amp chip. And the big cap. But check the other caps and resistors on this side in red.

IMG_20160508_182355_(resized).jpgIMG_20160508_182355_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Oh NO!

Dragon without it's BAO!?!

That's like the sound of one hand clapping.
Abbott without Costello
Ben without Jerry

Or possibly Cheech without Chong.... and then the Ben & Jerry
faz

#4 7 years ago

Here's what does what.

IMG_20160508_223844_(resized).jpgIMG_20160508_223844_(resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interflip-dragon-sound-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.