• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Moto_bone
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20181022_150222 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Moto_bone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm bringing a dragon back from the dead currently. I've got everything working besides the ball advance unit isn't adjusted properly to end after the 5 balls are played.

It will continue to play and step the unit over after every drain.

My stepper unit has clearly been worked on at some point. There is a shotty soldering job on the wires that connect to the lugs of the wiper pcb on the ball advance unit.

Can someone take a photo so I can compare what I have versus one that is right?

Thanks!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m out of town until next week. If you still need pics after Saturday shoot me a PM and I’ll forward you pics

Thanks! I appreciate it! Can't wait till I'm playing dragon again!

#4 5 years ago

Bump for bao!!

#6 5 years ago

Thanks for the help! Mine wasn't wired that way. After wiring to you're specs- still no worky.

Thanks though! I appreciate it!

#7 5 years ago

Update:

This may help someone else in the future- so I will disclose what I've discovered!

HighVoltage was very nice in describing how his particular ball in play stepper is wired. Unfortunately with there being multiple revisions of the wiring scheme in Dragon that doesn't work for my particular game.

My dragon doesn't have any Jones plugs for ball regulation. It's hard wired to that ball in play unit. The game uses the wiper to signal the game over relay at a certain amount of balls that have been played.

The wiper terminal 'C' needs the yellow-green wire and then your desired amount of balls per game is the yellow-red wires. My particular game was wired for 3 balls and coincidentally was soldered to the '3' terminal.

My game was in fact wired correctly but upon completely disassembling the stepper unit- I discovered a burned up trace on my stepper unit PCB.

All fixed!

IMG_20181022_150222 (resized).jpgIMG_20181022_150222 (resized).jpg

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Congrats on debugging that and getting it fixed! I wonder if mine is different because it's a Canadian version.

Mines from Canada as well. Very strange how many revisions there are!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Moto_bone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interflip-dragon-picture-needed?tu=Moto_bone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.