IMG_1208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1201 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1199 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1198 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago

New club member! I have fond memories of the game. Looking forward to seeing if I can get her cleaned up and mooing again

20200904_110907 (1) (resized).jpg20200904_110907 (1) (resized).jpg
#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Certainly a cool machine.
All those latch-and-trip relays add a level of complexity when troubleshooting with the schematic because one has to continually keep track of each relay's state.
Post a few more pics. Would like to see more.

Sure, It's a project for sure, but thankfully working out.

Shed find, storage for many years, bought as-is.

I read about the score motors being seized up, so serviced those before trying to turn it on etc.. fixed a broken wire in the plug and she fired up into a score reset loop.

Serviced all of the score reels, they cleaned up BEAUTIFULLY, checked and adjusted score reels switches where needed. Still reseting, dug into schematics a bit, and found a score motor switch to adjust. Scores now reset properly, and the game seems to play and everything scores.

Still going through with the shop clean up. New rubbers in, I think the last part to give a good clean to are the Dragons.. apparently these are decent (A riend said his machine that has seen less use has chipping on the backs of the Dragon pops, so apparently that is interesting mine are pretty good).

Here's a before and after PF cleanup.. (Still working on Dragons).

Some misc photos I thought were crazy during the process.

Not sure about doing the 5-ball mod on this.. I need to adjust it, but it seems like you'd roll the score on 5 -ball? Still a fast drainer.. just seems to score high.

Unfortunately, the backglass on mine is pretty much shot .

20200904_233949 (resized).jpg20200904_233949 (resized).jpg20200904_235142 (resized).jpg20200904_235142 (resized).jpg20200908_015136 (resized).jpg20200908_015136 (resized).jpg20200905_000900 (resized).jpg20200905_000900 (resized).jpg20200907_192741 (resized).jpg20200907_192741 (resized).jpg20200907_192838 (resized).jpg20200907_192838 (resized).jpg118586009_712842709446695_1289264829514862437_n (resized).jpg118586009_712842709446695_1289264829514862437_n (resized).jpg
#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Also I just noticed the guy a gal's skin color are actually flesh tone on your BG! Is that just the picture and lighting effect, or is your backglass badly discolored or is that a color variation I've never seen before. All BGs I've seen, the skin of the guy and gal is pink. Just like on the PF.

haha.. yeah that is crazy eh?

I have to assume it is fade or discoloration on the glass, but it is uncanny that they are both quite human flesh with it.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Well the backglass on mine is also shot. Currently spending time on reproducing digitally.
Huge amout if hours. But working it in my spare time.
A bit of a slow down this summer but should pick up again in the fall.
Here is where i stand so far:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xgGFPAr3YV4GQ6tLcZe_modYRfUbFs_V/view?usp=drivesdk
I'm in contact with two other fellows that are wanting to have a repro made. We are exploring different options right now while im working on the art work
Not sure if there us such thing as volume discout out there but if there is any interest in your part to join to group let me know.

Nice work. I will need to see.. ATM, I'm scheduled to trade this poor glass for a nice glass + some cash with a local pinball god.

Pretty lucky about that... I'm sure the new glass will be very nice knowing this person.

---------

BTW, is there a deal with the score motor and the dragons? I have gone through the papa videos numerous times, and it seems like it is scoring very quickly, and thus mitigates the skipped scoring when the ball comes down and inlane and you shoot a dragon down quickly.

May I ask what the observations are in this club to this regard? is there a way to improve this? or is it just how it is?

Thank you-

1 month later
#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Also now that my game is at home and working if you need a video of something let me know.

Thanks.. I think they are ok, but if you don't mind, I wouldn't mind checking that out.. or check out the video of mine runng and let me know if you see any issue with the score motor speed?

Thanks-

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Dam your a good player well done. But as far as I could see it’s all fine. Watch it once but got side tracked watching you play. So I had to watch it again.

Hey thanks man!... Glad to hear that. Thanks for the sanity check. Such a fast game, but so much fun.

2 months later
#33 3 years ago
Quoted from puck:

If anyone is able to help I would appreciate it! Looking for a solution or a schematic for the Canada version of this Pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interflip-dragon-starting-up-#post-6047121
TIA!

Unfortunately, I don't have mine anymore.

Maybve try reaching out to flippers.com

John Robertson would have had a bunch of NOS dragons at some point, he probably has some nice copies.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Thanks! Called and he still picked up the phone on New Year’s Eve! Awesome! Hopefully this brings me one step closer to a working dragon.

Great. Glad he was able to help you out. Reminded me of a photo I took of mine.. still getting over how large the document was physically . too bad it was in such poor shape .

20200905_185030 (1) (resized).jpg20200905_185030 (1) (resized).jpg
#37 3 years ago
Quoted from puck:

ENHANCE!
Something is still off on my score motor switches.... and from what I read on the 10 -170 schematic, this is what it should be... it's not... but I can't tell from the photos I have of the Canada 4 - Version of this game. The Pin keeps trying to award a free game while in play locking on the Credit Reel. Disconnecting the Lottery counter stops this, but doesn't fix what is broken. Think it might be the 4007s.
Rebuild the motors tonight for fun.

Yes, if you have not already, you definitely want to service the motors. The OE lube had a habit of gumming up quite a bit, and due to some of the gearing, I understand that the can_ actually break.. so they need to be cleaned up to run for another 40 years

Sorry.. wish I still had my Dragon to help.. Wish I still had it in general actually.. such a fun game that does not get old.. family loved it, just didn't have space without the tough choices .

2 years later
#55 1 year ago
Quoted from splattii:

What do you guys clean your playfields with? I usually use the dry eraser + alcohol and clean that off with a naptha before waxing, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea with fiberglass. Is my best bet Novus 2?

It's a plexiglas Playfield. No need for Naptha IMHO, but maybe diluted alcohol, or any mild cleaner, to lift the dirt away.

Novus 2 polish finished mine off nicely.

11 months later
#72 31 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Bao!! Should get the unboxing done tonight and be able to start seeing how many issues she has after 47 years in a box.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah. Last one that a friend picked up had a lot of corrosion on the Jones plugs... More than I had ever seen before.

And you should Def inspect and service the two motor gearboxes.. If the grease is seized this can break some plastic gears.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interflip-dragon-club?tu=koji and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.