New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 205404)

Interflip Dragon Club

By shimoda

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by koji
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

118586009_712842709446695_1289264829514862437_n (resized).jpg
20200904_233949 (resized).jpg
20200905_000900 (resized).jpg
20200907_192838 (resized).jpg
20200907_192741 (resized).jpg
20200908_015136 (resized).jpg
20200904_235142 (resized).jpg
20200904_110907 (1) (resized).jpg
Dragon 3 (resized).jpg
Dragon 2 (resized).jpg
Dragon 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180109_172208-COLLAGE (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Picked up a beautiful, new looking Dragon yesterday. Don't expect a ton of these around the country, but there should be at least a few. Would like a place to collect tech info, pics, and stories about this game - Baoooo!

#2 2 years ago

Lucky you! Hope to join one day...an all time classic no doubt.

#3 2 years ago

The sound effect always makes me laugh

4 weeks later
#4 2 years ago

Also recently purchased a Dragon.
Slowly bringing it back up to snuff.
Just pulled the main board.
Dismantled and cleaned the score motor.
Cleaned and cleared the base board.
Fixed the broken Jones plugs.
Rough cleaned all the relays.

IMG_20180109_172208-COLLAGE (resized).jpg

Lots of switch adjustments on the score motor and relays.
Was hoping this would clear my startup problem where the score motor just runs continuously on flipping the power switch.
Didn't....
So now i'm into the schematic and trouble shooting the startup sequence.

On that matter, i'm looking for a schematic other than the one available on IPDB.
That one doesn't quite match my machine.
There are 6 relays on the schematic (B, C K, CD, AM, KG) that dont exist on my machine.
All have to do with the coin count portion of the logic.
Likely a regional thing.
Mine is for the Canadian market.
IPDB schematic may be for a different market.

In any case, should anyone have a different schematic and is willing to share, pls contact me or post!

2 months later
#5 2 years ago

I purchased Shimoda's Dragon after owning one years ago. WOW, I can not believe I sold it the first time. Freakin fast! I'm in the process of making it a 5-ball game, as this one is hard-wired as a 3-ball. I'll have pics of it shortly

#6 2 years ago

We are really lucky here in Edmonton, one of our operators has a Dragon here on location (along with a nice Bobby Orr, Embryon and a Volley). This is a very unique game! Dee-Dee-Dee-Dee-Dee Baoooo!

#7 2 years ago

I added a light coat of 3-in-1 on the playfield and this thing plays like a new Stern! Holy smokes!

Dragon 1 (resized).jpg

Dragon 2 (resized).jpg

Dragon 3 (resized).jpg

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I'm in the process of making it a 5-ball game, as this one is hard-wired as a 3-ball. I'll have pics of it shortly

Mine is hard wired for 5-ball. Funny as i seem to have the canadian version just like yours.

You dont happen to have a schematic for your machine? If so, does it match your machine? Mine is from IPDB and its got significant differences.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Mine is hard wired for 5-ball. Funny as i seem to have the canadian version just like yours.
You dont happen to have a schematic for your machine? If so, does it match your machine? Mine is from IPDB and its got significant differences.

I didn't get one with mine...

#10 2 years ago

Really you got the first #00001 Interflip Dragon, or did you Photoshop that in? HA! Unreal lucky find.

#11 2 years ago

Played Dragon on location this afternoon. There was an intoxicated lady sitting at the bar that kept immitating the game. It was pretty funny

#12 2 years ago

That's funny! I'd be drinking and making those sounds to if I was up in that cold weather.

#13 2 years ago

If the pops weren't worth so much, this would be a very balanced game. I wonder why they did that?

5 months later
#14 2 years ago

I've got a project dragon I'm working on myself.

I'm looking for a shooter cover for mine. Anyone have a lead on some spares?

I also noticed there is two variations on ipdb concerning the pop bumper assemblies. There's a square version and also a round version. Is the round variation more rare so to speak?

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

I've got a project dragon I'm working on myself.
I'm looking for a shooter cover for mine. Anyone have a lead on some spares?
I also noticed there is two variations on ipdb concerning the pop bumper assemblies. There's a square version and also a round version. Is the round variation more rare so to speak?

AFAIK, John's Jukes in Vancouver, Canada, is the only store that has a decent stock of Interflip parts. You may find what you are looking for there: https://www.flippers.com/catalog/index.php/pinball-game-parts-interflip-c-5_42

1 year later
#16 3 months ago

New club member! I have fond memories of the game. Looking forward to seeing if I can get her cleaned up and mooing again

20200904_110907 (1) (resized).jpg
#17 88 days ago
Quoted from koji:

New club member! I have fond memories of the game. Looking forward to seeing if I can get her cleaned up and mooing again
[quoted image]

Certainly a cool machine.
All those latch-and-trip relays add a level of complexity when troubleshooting with the schematic because one has to continually keep track of each relay's state.

Post a few more pics. Would like to see more.

#18 87 days ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Certainly a cool machine.
All those latch-and-trip relays add a level of complexity when troubleshooting with the schematic because one has to continually keep track of each relay's state.
Post a few more pics. Would like to see more.

Sure, It's a project for sure, but thankfully working out.

Shed find, storage for many years, bought as-is.

I read about the score motors being seized up, so serviced those before trying to turn it on etc.. fixed a broken wire in the plug and she fired up into a score reset loop.

Serviced all of the score reels, they cleaned up BEAUTIFULLY, checked and adjusted score reels switches where needed. Still reseting, dug into schematics a bit, and found a score motor switch to adjust. Scores now reset properly, and the game seems to play and everything scores.

Still going through with the shop clean up. New rubbers in, I think the last part to give a good clean to are the Dragons.. apparently these are decent (A riend said his machine that has seen less use has chipping on the backs of the Dragon pops, so apparently that is interesting mine are pretty good).

Here's a before and after PF cleanup.. (Still working on Dragons).

Some misc photos I thought were crazy during the process.

Not sure about doing the 5-ball mod on this.. I need to adjust it, but it seems like you'd roll the score on 5 -ball? Still a fast drainer.. just seems to score high.

Unfortunately, the backglass on mine is pretty much shot .

20200904_233949 (resized).jpg20200904_235142 (resized).jpg20200908_015136 (resized).jpg20200905_000900 (resized).jpg20200907_192741 (resized).jpg20200907_192838 (resized).jpg118586009_712842709446695_1289264829514862437_n (resized).jpg
#19 85 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Well the backglass on mine is also shot. Currently spending time on reproducing digitally.
Huge amout if hours. But working it in my spare time.
A bit of a slow down this summer but should pick up again in the fall.
Here is where i stand so far:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xgGFPAr3YV4GQ6tLcZe_modYRfUbFs_V/view?usp=drivesdk

I'm in contact with two other fellows that are wanting to have a repro made. We are exploring different options right now while im working on the art work

Not sure if there us such thing as volume discout out there but if there is any interest in your part to join to group let me know.

#20 85 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Also I just noticed the guy a gal's skin color are actually flesh tone on your BG! Is that just the picture and lighting effect, or is your backglass badly discolored or is that a color variation I've never seen before. All BGs I've seen, the skin of the guy and gal is pink. Just like on the PF.

#21 85 days ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Well the backglass on mine is also shot. Currently spending time on reproducing digitally.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xgGFPAr3YV4GQ6tLcZe_modYRfUbFs_V/view?usp=drivesdk
I'm in contact with two other fellows that are wanting to have a repro made. We are exploring different options right now while im working on the art work
Not sure if there us such thing as volume discout out there but if there is any interest in your part to join to group let me know.

I’m in for one for sure Fred736 has done a ton of awesome work on this. Thanks man

#22 84 days ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Also I just noticed the guy a gal's skin color are actually flesh tone on your BG! Is that just the picture and lighting effect, or is your backglass badly discolored or is that a color variation I've never seen before. All BGs I've seen, the skin of the guy and gal is pink. Just like on the PF.

haha.. yeah that is crazy eh?

I have to assume it is fade or discoloration on the glass, but it is uncanny that they are both quite human flesh with it.

#23 84 days ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Nice work. I will need to see.. ATM, I'm scheduled to trade this poor glass for a nice glass + some cash with a local pinball god.

Pretty lucky about that... I'm sure the new glass will be very nice knowing this person.

---------

BTW, is there a deal with the score motor and the dragons? I have gone through the papa videos numerous times, and it seems like it is scoring very quickly, and thus mitigates the skipped scoring when the ball comes down and inlane and you shoot a dragon down quickly.

May I ask what the observations are in this club to this regard? is there a way to improve this? or is it just how it is?

Thank you-

1 month later
#24 36 days ago

Finally got my dragon working but the legs and pitch feel wrong. Can someone tell me what size they should be thanks.

#25 36 days ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

...Can someone tell me what size they should be thanks.

The legs on my machine are all the same lenght: 29.5" over all.
Levellers are out about 3/4" more in the back.

#26 36 days ago
Quoted from koji:

BTW, is there a deal with the score motor and the dragons? I have gone through the papa videos numerous times, and it seems like it is scoring very quickly, and thus mitigates the skipped scoring when the ball comes down and inlane and you shoot a dragon down quickly.
May I ask what the observations are in this club to this regard? is there a way to improve this? or is it just how it is?
Thank you-

koji Not sure what you are describing there. Would have to play around with my Dragon to figure it out. Unfortunately, my machine is partly dismantled right now...

BTW, did you ever get your replacement BG?

#27 36 days ago
Quoted from Fred736:

The legs on my machine are all the same lenght: 29.5" over all.
Levellers are out about 3/4" more in the back.

Thanks for the reply Fred. I have 28.5 on the fronts and 29.5 on the back. I’ll have to go see what I have for spare legs now. Thanks again

#28 36 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Nice work. I will need to see.. ATM, I'm scheduled to trade this poor glass for a nice glass + some cash with a local pinball god.
Pretty lucky about that... I'm sure the new glass will be very nice knowing this person.
---------
Thank you-

Also now that my game is at home and working if you need a video of something let me know.

#29 36 days ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Also now that my game is at home and working if you need a video of something let me know.

Thanks.. I think they are ok, but if you don't mind, I wouldn't mind checking that out.. or check out the video of mine runng and let me know if you see any issue with the score motor speed?

Thanks-

#30 36 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Thanks.. I think they are ok, but if you don't mind, I wouldn't mind checking that out.. or check out the video of mine runng and let me know if you see any issue with the score motor speed?
Thanks-

Dam your a good player well done. But as far as I could see it’s all fine. Watch it once but got side tracked watching you play. So I had to watch it again.

#31 36 days ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Dam your a good player well done. But as far as I could see it’s all fine. Watch it once but got side tracked watching you play. So I had to watch it again.

Hey thanks man!... Glad to hear that. Thanks for the sanity check. Such a fast game, but so much fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 8.00
Electronics
Docent Electronics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 4.95
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
COINTAKER.COM
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 19.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 199.99
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Playfield - Plastics
Road Show Ramp Set Out of stock
Ramp-O-Matic

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside