pwozdcde.png
bar-fight-o.gif
tumblr_inline_mq1r019b451qz4rgp.jpg
image.jpg
old school gang bang.jpg
COWBOYPLASTICS.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 2.15.00 AM.png
TWD , BDK , School etc 055.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 9 years ago

He could of 1) Tried to call support 2) Wait until after Christmas 3) Head to the forums here. Instead he spent hours doing who knows what under the playfield on a $9000 game.

#61 9 years ago

Yea, but if he didn't spend 5 hours messing it up it wouldn't of escalated to the point he needed to speak to Jack.

#63 9 years ago

2RustyBalls, The game probably got shook around during shipping and the owner made the situation worse. He admits to spending 5 hours looking for a loose wire etc.. Who the hell needs 5 hours for that?

#74 9 years ago

The guy is a bit of an idiot...

1) Pissed away hours making his game worse

2) Trading it back for a game that's worth over $2,000 less

3) Doesn't own nor can pronounce the word "Soldering"

All he had to do was call tech support, so simple..

Post edited by moderator: temporary thread ban for personal attack.

#80 9 years ago

Is he really still a customer? From the video it sounded like he wanted to get rid of the WOZ.

#83 9 years ago

I assume you have another job to pay the bills if you volunteer at JJP?

#87 9 years ago

Someone poked the hornets nest..

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

This is so condsending. What could he possibly have done to screw NIB WOZ 75th (by that point should have bugs worked out) that bad? I agree he is a new money newbie, but if a pin is that sensitive I'd never want one. Plus the CEO, which the company is named after, did nothing to help (that's the nicest I could put that) why wouldn't he be pissed and use his voice?

Condescending or not we obviously we don't want a fellow pinhead pissed off on Christmas. I and Im sure others feel frustrated with him for what he went through and wish he didn't have to go through that. I wish he atleast posted on pinside prior to spending hours trying to resolve it himself.

So I may of insulted him, but Im just pissed we couldn't save him from drowning..

#118 9 years ago

reviewzonehd, I think the frustration from some of the people comes from the fact its still not known whether the unit was shipped with defects or whether defects were caused by shipping? I can understand the rudeness from the owner could be a catalyst for wanting to exchange the machine but it doesn't necessary mean its a bad product. Christmas was a couple of weeks ago and it seems like you might not of been patient to get these issues resolved. I trust you when you say Jack was rude, but it is also rare to get calls from an owner of a company so that does show his heart was in the right place, just his execution sucked.

#160 9 years ago

If you are a YouTube personality and have a large following, making a video bashing a manufacturer of a hobby you are in is the right way to handle it? The first impressions some of the folks have to pinball will be this video, we are happy with this?

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

He laid everything out on the video and his 2 posts in the thread. Maybe he can't be on Pinside all day having a back and forth with all of us.

The person who made the video is different then who posted it. The poster is the op in this case..

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

The actual Youtube review (reviewzonehd ) stepped in at page 3 and gave us his anidote of the situation.

beelzeboob was referring to MiamiRedSkin though. Your referring to reviewzonehd..

#184 9 years ago

reviewzonehd, I'm glad you stepped in and added some posts here. Now that I have the whole picture I regret calling you an idiot. I apologized via PM but want to also state it here.

Sorry..

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from reviewzonehd:

So what would you suggest then zen, i just keep my mouth shut and not share my poor experience in buying that machine to protect jersey jack? My gosh people are some of you even trying to think about what your posting or are you trolling just to troll?

I'm sure your goal wasn't to get into this sh*tstorm on pinside so would I of followed the same steps as you which got this result? no.. I would of posted on pinside with some of the issues and seeked helped within the community first. Lloyd and others would of seen it and chimed in. The other option was to call the distributor / call JJP support whether it was christmas or not.

I'm not going to buy a some expensive toy based on your review on youtube and have a bad experience and crap on it with a video. I would seek guidance from other hobbyists and folks first. You live in Monroe, NC and im 30 miles away and know of a lot of other pinheads close to you. We are a tight knit community and your action of making a video and slamming a pin could be seen as disrespectful to your other hobbyists.

JJP has thousands of customers who have spent $7000-$9000 on their products. Its like me ragging on my neighbors car because I don't buy or like the brand he purchased.

#208 9 years ago

So you are suggesting i should have kept the machine after seeing how many problems it had, discussed the warranty options with tech support, troubleshot for hours, and then in the end get blasted and disrespected by jack himself for having a broken machine? I swear dude, your logic on this situation is just so backwards i don't know where to begin. it saddens me you live in the same state as me. Don't expect any house party invites from me, thats for sure.

Your logic makes no sense, you spent $9000 for a game and have the patience of a gnat. In the end you lost money and you lost time and are in a pissing contest on here.

I would of been a little more patient and tried to get the issues fixed and patted myself on the back and not quit like you did.

You didn't respect the community by handling the situation like you did so hopefully im not the only one that doesn't show-up for your house parties.

#213 9 years ago

well could grief, i wish i would have realized that sooner. i don't spend enough time on this forum to have known that.

This is your problem, respect the hobby, gain some local friends in the community and create a network of resources.

#223 9 years ago

I'm assuming this is your first NIB machine? Whether it was $9000 or $5000 stuff shifts and moves around in shipping. If you had more experience or did more due diligence you would know this. When I bought my Iron Man Vault pieces were lose and moving around in the cabinet. I called support and got the issues resolved.

You can be in denial all you want but next time pay someone to unbox and setup the pin for you. It seems like you have the money..

#227 9 years ago

Jack was probably just very passionate and got defensive about his game. My lord, all the issues could of gotten resolved in a couple of weeks, give me a break.

#230 9 years ago

I'm not sure what you were trying to warn others of?

What did you really accomplish in the end besides piss yourself off and get pissed on.

#238 9 years ago

I don't care about coming to reviewzonehd's house. I'm putting in time and effort typing these posts to give a different perspective. Instead of trying to argue points and have some dialog I'm told im not invited to his house.

Whether people agree or disagree we are putting attention towards this issue and that is a positive thing here and should be appreciated a little bit.

#240 9 years ago

I'm going to head to lunch and done wasting my time on this thread. I appreciate the warning that games might leave a factory damaged or get damaged in shipping. I also learned Jack can be an a-hole over the phone.

I want to thank you very much for this amazing warning!

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just can't believe how many people in this thread are of the opinion that people should not share their experience when it is a negative one. What did he accomplish? He gave us a data point in terms of his personal experience with his brand new RRWOZ, and the customer support that he got from JJP.
It doesn't mean that all WOZ's don't work out of the box, and it doesn't mean that Jack will call you and berate you if you tried to fix something yourself. But it's an experience that someone had with the product and company that can be taken into consideration, and looked at in combination with other reviews, including many positive ones.

Exactly.

Its how he shared it!!!!!

#485 9 years ago

They should fix machine and have it professionally delivered and setup for free to original owner. This would make-up for having potential customer go through this emotional ordeal.

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I still don't understand all this. He had a machine with problems, the company can't walk him through it so it could be fixed by himself.
Ok, shit happens.
But now comes the part I can't understand. The company offers him a technician that would come for free to fix the game, he rejects that!!!! Does he really have the right to complain in this case?
Every game I had so far had problems in the beginning. As long as the companys take care about it and in the end everything works, I don't see a problem. Why would someone sane not take the offer that someone comes who would make everything right???
Or do I miss something?

You missed the part where Jack Guarnieri called him up and upset him. At that point he didn't want the game anymore so its a combination of a few things..

#531 9 years ago

reviewzonehd was in a bit of a hole as he entered this thread:

-Some folks just have a natural bias to JJP WOZ 75th owners. Maybe its because they are $9,000 and they can't afford it, maybe they purchased the Emerald LE who knows..

-Being in the hobby 3 months and a popular YouTube personality it wasn't advantageous to make a youtube video slamming the product and the company. Yes, I understand the video wasn't posted in reviewzonehd's popular youtube channel, but regardless this can and will piss people off..

-Someone else posted the video on behalf of reviewzonehd and yes I know that person apologized but that doesn't mean this didn't occur.

-reviewzonehd didn't engage the issues in this forum, maybe he thought pinside was down on christmas? (ok, bad joke, sorry)

JJP is a multimillion dollar company and sold thousands of WOZ pins, have presold thousands of TH and have one of the best game designers making their third pin. Regardless of some of the negativity and issues they've experienced, there is no denying they are a force to be reckoned with and have been successful.

#534 9 years ago

I agree with you 100%

Quoted from beelzeboob:

The more I think about this thread, the angrier I get. I've had problems with products in the past, but the last thing I do is think to myself, "Hey! I should pick up a camera and YouTube what a piece of shit this is!" Now, I get that that's what this guy does (if it's for a living, I don't know how he does it and can afford a 9k machine), but raking Jack's product over the coals because of your own personal problems was a little out of line. And I'm not sure that anybody who would actually do what this guy did was as cool and calm on the phone with Jack as he's having us believe.
As an early adopter with WOZ, I had tons of those light board issues. My game didn't play right for 3 months. I didn't give up after 5 hours - I was on the phone with tech support to the point that we were on a first-name basis and they recognized me at the factory. And eventually, they sent a tech to my house to completely overhaul my machine with new boards and a new power supply. My machine has had no problems since, and it's the machine everybody gravitates to in the house.
I feel bad for reviewzonehd. Not because of his problems with the machine, but because he's clearly impatient, and as such, lost out on owning what would have been the best machine in his collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 5.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-review-on-woz-75th-le?tu=zentron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.