pwozdcde.png
bar-fight-o.gif
tumblr_inline_mq1r019b451qz4rgp.jpg
image.jpg
old school gang bang.jpg
COWBOYPLASTICS.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 2.15.00 AM.png
TWD , BDK , School etc 055.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The JJP warranty is parts not labor. ( as is other pinball manufacturers )

As the guy in the video stated...this was a brand new pin, straight out of the box. If something isn't working as it should, and it needs to be repaired in order to work, you are going to pay for the labor to fix it, unless you are going to refund the purchase price of the pin. I don't care what the warranty says.

There is a thing called Implied Warranty of Merchantability that would apply here.

That isn't to say that there can't be an attempt to have the customer do the repairs themself, but if they can't, it will need to be fixed. Including labor.

I know that Stern will cover labor under these types of circumstances. A friend who had issues with a Tron LE and the LED boards going out on day 1 had Stern send a tech over to his house to do the repair at no charge.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know what's great? You can get Jack on the phone.

Based on the experience of the guy who posted the video, getting him on the phone didn't seem so "great".

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The guy is a bit of an idiot...

1) Pissed away hours making his game worse

I think you need to post this at least 100 more times. The first 100 times just wasn't enough.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm not sure what you were trying to warn others of?
What did you really accomplish in the end besides piss yourself off and get pissed on.

I just can't believe how many people in this thread are of the opinion that people should not share their experience when it is a negative one. What did he accomplish? He gave us a data point in terms of his personal experience with his brand new RRWOZ, and the customer support that he got from JJP.

It doesn't mean that all WOZ's don't work out of the box, and it doesn't mean that Jack will call you and berate you if you tried to fix something yourself. But it's an experience that someone had with the product and company that can be taken into consideration, and looked at in combination with other reviews, including many positive ones.

Quoted from TimeBandit:

No review on its own is ever really worth anything. It's the pattens that emerge and repetition that feed through to a statistically relevant sample size that are important. This is just one review in a sea of reviews. A good review somewhere else is also just one of many. Keep researching, add it all up and make a decision after you have the amount of quality information that works for you.

Exactly.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No manufacturer covers labor. The fact Jack was willing to send someone to fix your game for free even after you got into an argument with him speaks volumes about their customer service.

This is complete and utter nonsense.

This was a brand new pin, just pulled out of the box, and it didn't work.

Where does this nonsense come from that any labor required to fix the pin wouldn't be covered? I don't care what the warranty says...there are consumer protection laws that are in play here. You ship a defective product, you will either pay to fix it (including labor) or you will refund the customers money.

If JJP's warranty says that labor is never covered, even from day 1, it's pretty ridiculous.

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from reviewzonehd:

I took the video down, not going to discuss the situation anymore. I didn't pull it down because of what was said on here, but over a message i got to my inbox on here about the legal issue of the video itself. While everything i said was honest and truthful it is not worth me being sued or threatened over.
peace.

More bogus legal threats from you know who.

Jesus.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

I believe when he said "No manufacturing company pays for Labor..." he was referring to the warranties. Otherwise, Metallik was contradicting himself with the next sentence...

Not a contradiction. He was making it sound like JJP would do it out of the kindness of their heart even though they didn't have to. That's not correct.

#547 9 years ago
Quoted from reviewzonehd:

) I have also read post after post of people calling me a liar, saying i made up the whole story or had some other motive for what happened... seriously what in the world is wrong with you people that you are that delusional ?

Sadly, it's just proof that the Church of JJP is still alive and well.

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Also, there's a little screw on the drop target assembly. Turn it, and you can adjust the height of the drop target when it is in the down position...do that, and no ball will ever get stuck there.

Also, he complained about the lock bar. My WOZ also had this "issue"...but after thinking it through, I tried gently applying pressure on the top of the lock bar as I moved the lever and it easily locks on.

So what?

Just because these issues could supposedly be easily fixed, that means that he shouldn't share the fact that these issues existed out of the box?

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The point is: It's not an issue. Most games need minor tweaks out of the box. You get a potential buyer that's a non-pinhead watching that video and they see him highlighting a non-issue (making it look like big issue) and they are going to misinterpret it.

I feel for this guy and the frustrations he had...but he only weakens his argument by highlighting non-issues.

All he needed to say is that he had major electrical issues with the game...unsolvable to basic trouble shooting. That's more than enough.

Sorry, but I completely disagree with this. Giving more details, including what you interpret as minor issues, in no way "weakens his argument", because he isn't making an argument to begin with.

He is sharing his experience with his brand new pinball machine. That experience included stuck balls and a lock down bar that did not fit. Which, by the way, is a common issue for some reason on WOZ. A NIB WOZ that I helped open had the same issue. How is that something that shouldn't be mentioned? How does mentioning that FACT "hurt his argument"?

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's really not it at all, Rob. Where's the video slamming Stern for the AC/DC problems out of the box...particularly with the drop targets on the premium? Or the problems with the hammer on the MET LE? Anybody that's been in this hobby for a while (and I've only been in for little over a year) knows that every machine has issues. EVERY ONE. This guy didn't know that, and with such a huge viewership, his video makes it seem like WOZ is a crap product. It just isn't.

You just proved that you belong to that Church that I was talking about.

Hilarious how you bring Stern into this discussion. lol

You act as though there is no criticism of Stern, or discussion about the hammer on MET etc. You're a funny guy!

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And you seem to belong to the church of Stern.

Really?

Why do you say that? Simply because I support this guys right to give us his experience with his brand new RRWOZ?

Or because I called you out on your erroneous inference about there being no negative reviews/discussion about Stern pins, including the hammer issue on MET?

Yes, it all makes sense. I'm clearly a member of the Church of Stern!

Edit: have you looked at my collection? I only own 2 Stern pins. lol

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

He can share his opinion all he wants; I'm just not going to swallow it unquestioningly.

You say that like everyone else is.

#640 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

No one comes to the internet to change their mind.

The only reason I post on the internet is to tell people how wrong they are.

someone is wrong internet.pngsomeone is wrong internet.png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-review-on-woz-75th-le?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.