pwozdcde.png
bar-fight-o.gif
tumblr_inline_mq1r019b451qz4rgp.jpg
image.jpg
old school gang bang.jpg
COWBOYPLASTICS.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 2.15.00 AM.png
TWD , BDK , School etc 055.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Couldn't call tech support on the Christmas holiday ?
Why not ? I was there taking care of people.
I wish he would have called sooner. Some of the problems he had started after he was in there for five hours checking wires.
LTG : ?

And I was working as well. My phone rings on Christmas

#19 9 years ago

Every single one of these problems with the exception of a faulty light board can easily be diagnosed in a 10 minute call and the boot issues are due to a loose sata connection. It's obvious though the guy is new to pinball in general. I could have fixed these problems sans the light board which would have been shipped in a few mins.

Shame.

P.S. That game likely got seriously beaten in shipping. So much so that it knocked off a pair from a coil and knocked locking sata cables loose.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Irrelevant. Shouldn't matter if it's his first or 50th pin. Also, he has 5 other pins in the video. How new could he possibly be?

Considering he can't pronounce the word solder or own a soldering iron or know how to adjust a lockdown bar? I'd say VERY new.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Still irrelevant. Many new people joining the hobby daily. Many people buying WOZ as their first pin. A customer should not be chastised for being new to pinball.

No one is chastising anybody however tech support for someone who is brand new vs an experience pinhead is very very different and special care and feeding is taken with new folks. However many new people as obvious in this video don't understand a simple fix can manifest itself in many different ways. People who are new don't understand switch matrix' and strings. Things that make a small problem look monumental. So yes his time in the hobby is relevant and is handled accordingly but that video shows extremely minor problems most of which are clearly the result of shipping abuse which can be fixed quickly being explained as earth shattering.

#34 9 years ago

You're very welcome Randy.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

According to the narrator of the video, Jack was.

I meant me. As I or Lloyd obviously aren't privvy to that conversation neither one of us can comment on that but I have never seen jack either angry nor nasty or dismissive.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Lloyd,
That's just sad. I really would like one of these but new out of the box I would be paying labor? Really?
this happens with Stern too? I had an issue with my STLE and they replaced the machine.True story.
3K 5K 7K 9K do these manufactures not think this is a big deal to the average pinhead?
I'm a bit shocked. Am I missing something here ? someone enlighten me

I lost count how many houses I have gone to in order to help someone with their game. Of course we fix people's machine on site when needed. But that's after you exhaust the phone conversation which usually fixes 95+ percent of the problem. I didn't speak with this gentleman but would have had him up and running quickly. In any event what's done is done but by all means we go out on a ridiculous limb to help people. Me personally until 3am the night before Xmas when I should be sleeping so im not a zombie when My son opens his presents but one of our west coast customers was having family over Xmas day and wanted his game up. 3 hrs from midnight to 3am. Problem fixed. You won't find another company that would do that.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

This concerns me greatly and is giving me 2nd thoughts about buying Hobbit.
Customer service is EVERYTHING imo and as the other guy from Brisbane said...we are a long way away.
Hmmmmmm.

lol want to see my cell phone bill for international calls? I switched to skype because calls to the UAE are expensive. Lol.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I am not interested in Stern, I want a Hobbit but not if the guy who runs the joint is going to berate me down a phone line.

Won't happen. In 2 years and hundreds of calls I've never once had an unpleasant call or discussion with jack. Patience is a virtue he has a tremendous amount of.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

What do you expect when JJP has a part-time volunteer work force? LOL with the second game.

Just as a matter of point I'm only volunteer BY CHOICE. And if you have a problem with that I suggest you try to do what I do. My guess is you don't have the chops. Your skillset ends with non-poignant points and irrelevancy here on pinside

Have a great day.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If we are to expect pinball manufacturers to send onsite techs or replace games for any minor issue, then the cost of buying new games will double. Service after the sale should be up to the distributor, who should set their marked-up prices according to the level of service they can and will provide. If a game is broken while in warranty, the dist should at a minimum obtain warranty parts and either install them, or walk the customer through installation.
I want bottom-dollar pricing, so I prefer a distributor who will get me warranty parts if needed, but won't have to worry about ever coming onsite or walking me how to check a fuse. Other people may have other needs, and should pay accordingly.

This is pretty much the current state of affairs for all pin manufacturers. If you buy through a distrib initial support generally goes through them.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

But JJP has an issue building the machine, sounds like the games are defective.

Ohh god this guy again. Now I remember him.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He's still a customer. And I for one wish the whole situation went down better.
LTG : )

^^ this.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Stop beating your chest, no one cares about your pinball vanity. I'd tell you to go fix the issues but you're a "volunteer worker", oxymoron. JJP should get a real staff of professionals but I guess that takes money and without money your stuck with a "volunteer work" force that has no vested interest in the success of the company.

I can't wait to see folks response to this one. This has to be one of the dumbest posts to ever grace this site.

Btw a point of reference volunteer and worker is NOT an oxymoron.

#89 9 years ago

Actually Yes the game not booting was the EASIEST of your problems to rectify. Lloyd would have deferred that to me to rectify along with the other issues which are all a symptom of a machine that was abused during shipping.

In any event it's a moot point now but every problem could have been resolved quickly.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I assume you have another job to pay the bills if you volunteer at JJP?

I'm a linux kernel developer and open source contributed and chief architect for a large company.

#95 9 years ago

Wait a minute. I just re-read a post. You never opened up the chassis in the game?? That's where all of the connections terminate. If you only checked under the PF that is only part of the equation.

#98 9 years ago

One yes (open source, that's the nature of it) and one no. But you are obviously being purposefully obtuse.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Thanks LTG, are you posting live from your mom's basement again?

Wow. Classy. I'd be shocked if you aren't banned after that one.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

If I were being purposfully obtuse, I wouls point out that you work for "A" large company... but listed two jobs.

I have many things I work on but like most people I have a day job

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

It's true. How aren't you banned?

Probably because I'm not an ass to one of the most respected people in this entire industry and actually contribute? RGP is calling. Get lost

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

Just wondering....why doesn't JJP use the little shock indicators on the shipping boxes. Stern doesn't either for that matter. I distinctly recall when I bought my rockola bubbler jukebox the shipping carton had shock indicators on it that let you know if it had taken a jolt in transit. I also think it had one that let you know if it had been tipped. Something that might be worth looking into by both builders.
Ken
http://Www.pinballrebel.com

Not a half bad idea but shock in pinball doesn't directly relate to issues and you would have people rejecting delivery on otherwise perfect machines it would be a huge cost sink for everyone. I've seen games literally fall off the lift gate and fire right up. It's very dependent on the game itself.

#125 9 years ago

No machine leaves the factory like that. Those problems happened during the 2x the game was shipped. Once to your distrib then a second time to you. And each of those issues were easily fixable ESPECIALLY the one you had as a biggest concern which was the boot issue. But as I read your original post you never looked in the machine chassis which is where every connection terminates and should have been the first place you looked. Again all this is moot.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For the record, Pinchroma is one of the core reasons I bailed on my Hobbit order.

Sure it is.

#144 9 years ago

The creator doesn't even know if he opened the huge metal chassis? This all doesn't make any sense. And he keeps insisting things like the adjustment of a lockdown bar requires replacement parts one can only deduce the difficulty Lloyd would have faced in figuring out even the most minuscule of problems. A video with the problems would have gone a LONG way instead of trying to learn pin terminology.

And do the video creator I can actually SEE the problem and resolution in the video you made so yes it would have been easy. I bet if Lloyd had that video it would have taken that two hours down to a few minutes.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have no idea how Lloyd and Alex does tech support for free (especially on Christmas), but I applaud them for it. I need to meet some of these "for the good of the hobby" guys when I'm looking to buy pins under market value!

and all they free help does is get us lambasted. The only ones in the entirety of the thread (and they know who they are) who have negative things to post are the ones who have no experience with us and have no intention of buying a game. Their sole purpose is to stir the pot. Derogatory comments with no first hand experience.

In any event I just find it extremely odd that someone who has a YouTube channel, who makes videos all the time, only decided to make one after the fact instead of having one to show a tech first hand what the issue in lieu of trying to spend hours explaining on the phone. If I was admittedly new at something and I had the luxury of pictures and video to explain the problem, don't you think it would make sense for me to use that luxury instead of using it for sour grapes? That's like ripping off your nose to spite your face.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I believe anyone who has read this forum for a couple of years has "first hand experience" with you. I've agreed with you at times, and I've disagreed with you at others.
I have no desire to stir anything. Your willingness to help people, whatever time of the day or night is commendable. I just think you do yourself and the company you represent disservice with the way you often come off in the possibly self-appointed PR part of your job. I think it is worth your self-reflection at the very least. To deflect this criticism as "pot-stirring" is to not want to accept a constructive critique.

If a text based conversation of which intent and tone is impossible to surmise is "first hand experience" then many of us have first hand experience with people from the president of the United states to foreign dignitaries to people who do indeed live in their moms basement. Nothing on any forum is indicative of what conversations sound like in person or on the phone. It's all moot.

"I read it on the Internet so it must be true".

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from reviewzonehd:

Pinchroma you have been trying your best to make me look like some sort of fool throughout this entire thread, you got to have some jersey jack flag outside your house or something.
I actually did in fact send 3 videos to the person that sold the machine to me who in turn sent it over to jersey jack's techs, and that was the first thing i asked the tech and even offered to send the videos over to him because he said he didn't have them, and this was before we did anything. This is also like the 3rd or 4th assumption that you have made that wasn't right. I don't know what part of I troubleshot with lloyd on the phone for over 2 hours that you don't understand.
You also very clearly dodged my post that was aimed directly at you, when i asked how all of these problems are related to one easy, simple, magical fix that you claim could have taken place.
And to the other person that said "this person just made this video to get hits".. that one really made me laugh because again you guys are just assuming things that just aren't true. My Reviewzonehd channel is dead, i only posted 4 or 5 videos on it ALL OF LAST YEAR, i stopped working on it in january of 2014. That video might get 1 or 2,000 views if that, and it might make 2 dollars. I even told my audience on there that I wasn't going to be working on that channel anymore, and i just post on there for fun now and then at this point and most of my subscribers on that channel have stopped watching. Every single toy video that i post on dctc AKA Disney Cars Toy Club gets over 100,000 views, and I upload 4 videos on there each week. I don't need "hits", or "attention", on that channel anymore.

I can see specifically which connection in chassis were loose causing the issues in the video and the boot issue is the sata cable wiggling loose on either the drive or motherboard. And you have specific points in your video like the ball getting stuck on the drop target is a single screw adjustment and about an 8th of a turn of that screw to raise the adjustment. Also you highlight specifically that castle vuk took 2 shots to get the ball up to the playfield, that's a 2 second adjustment in the menu system to increase the vuk power 1 or 2 points. So yes all of your problems are simple adjustments and the ones that aren't (possible bad led) is 1 screw and 2 quick disconnect cables to replace. The game was clearly abused in shipping and it's not a fragile game.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The fact you had to work tech support on Christmas says to me that JJP game are still are having issues.

You're right. Things that break respect the holidays. No one ever got a flat on their birthday Stupid tires.

#203 9 years ago

that does bring up a good point why would jjp have tech support open on christmas eve and christmas, like who would force employees to work on a holiday instead of being home with their family.. even jack blasted me for not calling on christmas lol.. does that make sense to anyone else? I have never heard of a company needing to take technical support calls on christmas.. even the phone companies shut down support on those days..

We support our games 24/7/365 and thats by choice. No one forces anyone to work.

#209 9 years ago

well could grief, i wish i would have realized that sooner. i don't spend enough time on this forum to have known that, and i clearly missed whatever post that was implied earlier in, no wonder that dude is so vocal about it and trying to make me out to be something that i'm not. I can't help but laugh about those posts now.. you know the bad thing is, he is basically making lloyd look bad by saying we didn't easily fix all of these issues on the phone that he is claiming he could have taken care of, which im sure he will say probably wouldn't have been possible because of my "below level intellect".

No one said you had below level intellect at all. Those words you are quoting never once show up in this thread. However I have seen ALL of the various correspondences to know you are leaving a tremendous amount out to make this extremely one sided and that you were offered a tech to come out for free and rectify every problem on the game.

You didn't accept that offer.

In any event this is all a moot point.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I'm going to play Devil's advocate. I do believe Jack takes pride in being available to his customers. He will speak to you first hand and part of him may have been peeved at the entire issue altogether. Without his input and not being on the phone that day I can't really say more.

Trust me after the phone discussions didn't work we wanted to send a tech out onsite for free and it was rejected. He even said in the video he didn't want a tech to come out. What more can be said.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Im sure it rings, just that you dont do anything about it. By the way, how is the customer that is in my town doing, Have you fixed thier game yet. Its only been a couple months now and you said you can teach people anything instantly.
By he way, thanks for making my business a little better. Because of how poorly you took care of the RRWoz issue here, It has made me look even better. Several of the customers friends have bought machines from me for christmas, and they are all thrilled about the service they recieved, and made comments about how they are glad they bought through me instead of having to use the place Chris did with the issues's he had. One of my customers even joked that he was going to tease CHris, that he was going to tell him that after I set up two NIB stern pins, that both of them worked when we turned the power on

This guy again. All of your stuff was debunked even by the customer. You disappeared for months because you were shown to be lying through your teeth and now you are here trying to stir more trouble? Should I just dig up that thread?

#220 9 years ago

man, i can't even say what i want to say to you. i'd get banned for sure, which at this point i'd probably just be doing myself a favor by doing so.

Case in point. It sounds like we made a LOT of effort to assist you and you had a very short fuse and a lack of patience. Sending a tech out would have fixed everything and the HE SAID/SHE SAID of the phone conversation with jack is just that, conjecture. Why would someone who just "blasted" you want to then subsequently pay a couple hundred dollars to send someone to your house to fix a game. If he was this belittling tyrant wouldn't he have just told you he's not helping you?

Something isn't adding up here.

#232 9 years ago

The same warranty that was going to send a tech to your house for free to rectify all the issues? Got it.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Dig it up, I havent dissappeared, in fact, Im still taking care of customers the way i always have, to make them satisfied. You, well you are doing the same thing as always, talking shit but not getting the job done. Is this customer in this thread a liar.
By the way. I proved what i had by showing jack in person about the customer. Please provide me one thing that shows that im lying. You cant because your the one lying. And yes, until this customer is taking care of that i know of, ill be sure to mention it in any thread where you are talking about your customer supprt. You want to brag about how good you are, but apparently your just not that good. SO glad you dont represent my company like you think you do at JJP

Sure no problem..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-has-very-poor-customer-service-for-non-pinheads/page/5#post-2009023 <--- Facts laid out. Showed you lied about the entire set of events and the fact that you were paid by the customer and you subsequently never returned. I even had the customer confirm each and every point. Nice try though.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can you point out the cable for the rest of us? I would be curious to see the blatantly obvious problem.
As for a SATA cable causing an "intermittent boot issue", I'm not buying what you're selling one bit. You said earlier that they use latching SATA cables, so I don't see that just randomly almost falling off. Additionally, in my 10 years of owning an IT company, I've never seen one that caused an intermittent boot situation. A no boot situation, yes, but randomly working and randomly not....no way. It doesn't even make sense.

Happens ALL the time. The latching cables connect at the drive but not the mobo. A loose sata cable will absolutely cause a sporadic boot.

#251 9 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Do the distributors set up & check games before they're sent to the customer? Unfortunately I can't afford a NIB game, just curious.

No not normally. Some will put a game on their showroom floor if they have one and sell it open box though?

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

Wow. What a thread. I am not going to remark about the substance, but I just want to point something out to any potential purchasers of this machine. I would avoid letting this one person's bad experience sway your decision too much. It is a data point, yes. But there are many satisfied JJP/WoZ customers. Do your full research, and then make your decision. I for one bought a 75th RR and I couldn't be happier. While I have had some very minor issues, I was able to deal with all of them easily. Had I let a post like this sway me I would have missed out on what I believe is one of the best pinballs out there.

Completely OT, You're in livingston have you gone to Panevino? I keep hearing great things about that place.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Alex...that restaurant is a mile from my house - actually closer to me than to Jeff. There's nothing special about it that I've heard (nobody around here says "Ooh! You have to go there!"). But that being said, if you're ever up this way, dinner's on me.

Something about Orange juice based black tea and Squid ink pasta..

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Did Jack offer to send someone to fix the game or not?

Absolutely did. 100%

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's not all moot. You may think that the way you phrase things and talk to people doesn't matter on the internet but it does. You alienate a lot of good people by throwing up this wall of douchebaggery. As always, I'd love to meet you in person, because I do know that people are different online than they are in person, but you definitely have turned me off by the way you post.
Doesn't mean you are a bad person or not helpful.

And that is purely interpretation. Thats the point. You don't know whether I am typing this post with a sweet undertone or not. If you find someone who has ever met me in person and has spent any length of time with me or over I have worked with I can guarantee their assessment isn't one of "douchebaggery". That's not how I am. Someone like that wouldn't bend over backwards to help people in need or give up my on personal time to ensure other peoples fun and happiness. Regardless of what is typed there is NO way to infer intent or feeling behind a textual post.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If I were working for a company for free and all I got was a boatload of shit, I'd probably have a pretty short fuse as well. I really don't have a problem with anything Alex says, as long as he's there for me when my machine craps out (which hasn't happened in about a year now). Shit in, shit out. If you don't like what he says, don't poke the bear.

That's partly it. The same few people (who know who they are) are out to incite riots and flat out lie to push an agenda really rub me the wrong way. It's not even remotely about pay/free though. One way or another that for me has nothing to do with it. I just REALLY dislike folks who's entire being is around purposefully messing with other people especially when they are trying to do good things for other folks in this hobby. I have zero respect for that.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Actually, before I bought my last car I wen to the BMW dealer to check out an M7. The way I was treated at the dealership made me leave and buy a mercedes instead. Now, if there were multiple BMW dealers I would have tried the other one. But how a company treats a customer says a lot about what you will get in the way of service going forward. The BMW dealership doesn't know they lost a sale and given their attitude wouldn't care. But some of us care how we're treated.

Must have been EXTREMELY difficult to go check out a car BMW doesn't make? The only way they could have treated you was with a questionable stare at the request to test drive a fictional car

BMW Has never made an M7 (Although Alpina makes the B7 and it's pretty beast)

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I said one of the core reasons. There were others that probably outweighed that.
It was rather amusing, I stopped over at one of my favorite pinsiders house and I told him I asked to have my $ refunded. First thing out of his mouth was "Was it because of Pinchroma?"
I laughed and said "Yes, that was one of the reasons"
He replied "Yeah, that guy is a ---- !"

Those are some serious allegations Friend can't speak for himself I take it?

How does it feel to be a marionette.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I still don't see it.

What are you looking for?

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I actually called my distibutor to cancel my hobbit order just because of Alex. Yes one person can ruin a whole thing. But my distributor assured me that if I have a problem, that we can avoid Alex all together. I told him that if I had to deal with Alex, that i would rather not buy the machine.
So yes, Alex's comments on here can hurt JJP, hence the reasons i have said before that Jack should put a gag on him as it will cost JJP more money in the long run.

Same dude caught lying in the previous thread. Also the same dude that is pissed we didn't want him to be one of our techs. Mmmhm. You won't ever have to deal with me .

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I'm looking for the problem connection that caused all the problems in the video as you have asserted.
Here are a few screenshots:

snap1.png 380 KB

snap3.png 423 KB

snap2.png 445 KB

You missed the point ENTIRELY. THE VIDEO shows a manifestation of a problem that only occurs under certain circumstances. And the problem connection is inside the chassis. After doing support for a while you learn root causes fairly quickly and can spot them when a symptom arises.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Looks like JJP Tech support needs to talk to you as they missed this point ENTIRELY as well.
As a future Hobbit owner, I'm concerned the potential uneven support advice I'll get in the future. Meaning... something so "obvious" to you was missed by others in the company.
Hope you see where I'm coming from on this.

Skillset very and everyone is strong in one thing or another. We work together to meet people's needs. Some folks are stronger on other areas and that's normal and when people need help they escalate accordingly as with all support organizations.

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I see where you're coming from, but in this case it doesn't look like the escalation was handled properly. I know there are always two sides to every story, but this whole thread makes me feel somewhat uneasy.

Don't worry. We have never and will never leave a problem outlying. This was not a normal situation and it appears escalation missed a few of the normal points. Likely due to the time of year and something out of the ordinary game wise.

Anyone who has ever worked with Lloyd, ken, myself and now frank will tell you patience in assisting customers resolve problems doesn't have a ceiling. I spend whatever time is necessary to get a game going for a customer of ANY skillset. Sometimes a phone conversation (I like FaceTime if available) is sufficient sometimes not and parts are required. Either way the game will get fixed.

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

For the record I am babysitting a WoZ for a friend currently and had a complete "dead in the water problem" that occured today where the game wouldn't even boot.
I called the main toll free tech support line while I was at work and "Frank" picked up almost instantly and I picked his brain on the problem. I then got home, dug into it a bit and called Lloyd directly and then Alex directly and had zero problems reaching either of them. I could tell both of them were in the middle of dinner and could have easily told me to call back later... but they didn't. Both of them dropped what they were doing and verbally walked me through some weird issues and BAM, game fixed and booting. Their tech support is pretty solid IMO. Sorry to hear about your bad experience but I would venture a bet that people who are totally satisfied with their service (like me) don't come on here and post "positive brags" or anything, hence you see more "negative reviews" that are generally in the minority. Just my .02

Glad I could get you going Justin. Never a problem to call any time, that's what we are here for.

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from baldric:

Just because no one has addressed this - the static woosh sound when rolling over the scarecrow is actually the sound of rustling hay - that'she not a glitch. It alternates with a sound of a crow as well.
I'm not sure about your volume going up and down, but there are configurable options for that as well, so that could have been what you were experiencing (ie, you didn't like the default setting).
Just wanted to have that info out there for others that might be concerned about the same problems on their game.
Baldric

The sound up and down i've never heard of before because at an OS level the sound is set to max and is controlled by the game software. However the game muting in the middle is caused by someone accidentally hitting the mute button on the coin door. I have done that so many times i can't even count. And yes the wooshing noise is a sound effect. I didn't see that mentioned earlier but i'm glad you saw it and responded.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Id like to know this too... I have the old boards and while problems only occur every 25 games, or so, they do occur. ( lock-ups ). Keeping in mind I only have 200 or so games on mine still. Ive contacted both you and Lloyd about this and both of you have been very nice and tried to help but ive always gotten the same answer, trace it back when it happens. That's all fine and dandy but its usually a different board each time and after a reset its fixed.... So what's a guy to do?? Ive got a few other problems too that only occur every once in a while and ive tried all the suggested fixes and they still happen.

If you have an old board set there is something that can be done to mitigate it. Send me an email alex@ (company name.com) and I'll give you a ring tomorrow if possible. I may be out of pocket a few days but I'll make sure it gets handled.

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

u know theres a override button for the mute switch....inside the door on the hp board is a tiny black switch on the side of that board...that switch will stop the mute button from working if u wanted...it was designed for operators on location

Yup. I don't enable it though. I use the jack frequently. The entire headphone jack setup is awesome. You guys did dynamite work on it.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

if i told u he's in his late 40s and cant drive a car would u be shocked? i mean i get it if he doesnt like jersey jack...but shitting on a entire states worth of people because their from there?

Can't drive a car? Like the state won't let him?

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ummm from what I remember when I sold him games a few years back his wife had to drive him here cause he doesn't drive. I think the t is his best friend lately

I hear you can drive this without a license. image.jpgimage.jpg

#431 9 years ago

you said all the problems were just so easy to fix but yet now here you are saying that "i've never heard of that before" --- this was not me pressing the mute button on the coin door, geez man i'm not 5 years old and don't know how a basic device works. This was the sound turning up and down on its own during play, and i was very clear about that on multiple occasions but yet here you are suggesting that i was just pressing the mute button. Sometimes the background music would go from blaring to the point it sounded like it was gonna blow a speaker to down so low you couldn't even hear it. Some of the games started with no sound at all and it would just kick in during play.
And a wooshing static noise every other time the ball rolls over the middle of the table was a good idea how? I don't know what would be worse, it being broken and making that noise or knowing that is the sound it is suppose to make. i don't know if my sound effect was just 'off' or if it was having an issue because of the other sound problems going on but that was a really awful noise to hear every few seconds.. just a loud static style swoosh noise that sounded like a kid blowing into a microphone.. and its right in the center of the machine so the ball is constantly hitting it. I just assumed it was broken along with all the other issues.
FYI i didn't change any of the sound settings manually, i left them on default and when i looked in the service menu the volume numbers were changing on their own between games.

You are saying the volume settings (physically viewed in the menu) changed all by themselves between games? That is NOT possible in any way shape or form. I can possibly buy some physical problem that manifested itself in volume skew but somehow the actual settings in the menu arbitrarily changed themselves back and forth is just not possible. It's obvious you were upset and we're looking for things to be wrong to document for your video But that one just is not possible.

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Watch out behind you for that wall you're ready to run into.

He's been called out 4 times about this and keeps dodging the question.

No maybe YOU don't get it but I did answer the question so much so that the poster you quoted actually understood the answer. Now go find the wall you are referring to and stand facing it.

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Not to defend him...
But I think what he's trying to say is he can tell by how the machine looks in the video (i.e. the state of the lights/sounds, etc.) which connections are loose in an area that most likely can not be seen in the video.

Exactly

#441 9 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Pinchroma - we now know the game came from Automated. Why not call them and get their point of view? They took the machine back in trade (if I understand the flow from the information in this thread). I'm confident that you wouldn't consider their techs to have as low skills as the rest of us. As A JJP representative, wouldn't that be the proper road to travel?

I have no idea what distrib it came from but if it was automated then yes we will obviously contact the guys over there and find out what the state of affairs is. All this happened in short time frame so I have no idea if that machine made its way back to the factory or someone @ Automated looked at the machine.

#456 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I hope these light board issues have been addressed and rectified for Hobbit.
I am ok I guess at fixing games but I much prefer playing them.
Seeing that woz was the first game for JJP there was bound to be some teething issues with some elements but would it be safe to assume that these issues would be ironed out for future games?

They aren't the same lighting system. They also aren't serial any longer.

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Has any method been documented to repair/update/bulletproof the existing lighting system?

The existing lighting system has had the issues rectified. (with the exception of being serial. That is what it is and its why we changed it going forward). The entire design of the lighting system is in the woz manual which is available for download.

As far as "bulletproofing" I'm not sure what you mean because I've seen your threads on bulletproofing but that term doesn't and should never apply to pinball. Things break . Only thing you can do is mitigate as much as possible.

#467 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, I have the manual, but I don't see any service bulletins like I see with Williams/Bally/Stern where a know problem (like the light board) is shown with preventive fixes, repairs or workarounds.
I've yet to see any thread where anyone has fixed those boards, the "repair" is always replacement with another board.
I know JJP is on solid financial ground, but if there is one thing pinball manufacturers are known for, it's leaving the business (out of 671 manufactures, there are 2 remaining) .
So a thread, video, or formal Service Bulletin on some preventive work, upgrade, or an actual fix for exiting boards would be very welcomed by the community.

I'm going to leave that to our EE as that is definitely not my area so I don't know the specifics of what would be needed to be done to a game if anything.

#471 9 years ago

I swear dude its just post after post of bs from you. that is exactly what im saying, on an issue that you claim you have never heard of before. i'd look at the volume settings in the service menu, play a game, without adjusting anything to do with the volume, and during the game the music and sound effects would turn up and down on their own. After playing a game or two during this happening i went back into the volume settings and the numbers were all different, WITHOUT ME ADJUSTING ANY OF THEM. It didn't happen every game, or every time i turned it on, but it did happen A LOT in the few days i had it. The fact that you are telling me this isn't possible just shows that your full of it, because i saw it happen and i am certain i didn't change anything in that menu.
Your responses to alot of what i have said just really piss me off, i am so glad i don't have that machine anymore. Couldn't even imagine having to sit on the phone and argue with a tech over if an issue was actually happening when its right there in front of me. Your basically calling me a liar by saying what your saying, and this was after you accused me of just pressing the mute button like an idiot when the sound problems were happening. Your responses are just pitiful. I said i was done discussing the entire situation, especially after reading 2 inbox messages i got about it, but i will be damned if i'm going to let you sit here and keep pretending like i just made stuff up or i am just some sort of idiot that was doing all sorts of wacky stuff to exaggerate the situation.
What i said happened exactly how i said it, and no BS posts from you is going to change that.

You can think what you want.
It's all moot regardless. You decided to not have an experienced pin tech come to your house gratis and rectify the issues. Have a great day.

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I'm not taking sides here. This is just an observation.
pinchroma may be speaking primarily from a software viewpoint, for which the statement may be true. But the symptom of a random volume level could be caused by, for example, flaky volume up/down buttons which is more of an electrical issue. (I know I have had that happen on a few of my old B/W machines.) Trouble shooters invariably have an inadvertent slight bias toward their own discipline and a slight blind spot toward other disciplines.
I don't mean to make excuses for anyone. I realize that a problem is a problem and any tech support person is meant to represent all disciplines - mechanical, electrical, and software. It's just a bit of speculation on my part to help reduce the temperature in this thread.

Assume for a second that the volume button was flaky. There is a HUGE on screen display that shows volume up and down. It would be displayed on the screen of the button was triggering on its own. Since the OS is permanently set to max regardless of what happens game code side all volume adjustments are handled by game code which you would see on screen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-review-on-woz-75th-le?tu=pinchroma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.